Trouble in The Cougar's Den (Game over!)

Teridax
Teridax
Townie
Teridax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by Teridax »

In post 417, pisskop wrote:
vote: bp
^Sixth vote.

So I wasn't editing something in, pisskop. That's what it was. You voted BPC. You were the sixth vote.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 847, Teridax wrote:
In post 843, MattP wrote:I'm not an expert on Mastin, but I don't like [HER] play here compared to [HER] town play.
Bluntly, Matt, you don't know me worth a damn. Never did. Certainly don't now, after I've continued playing games and you've not been in them.

This IS my townplay now. Through and through.

First off, I'm sorry for mis-identifying. I know you identify as she/her, I will try to make more of an effort to keep that in mind.
SlappyKrust
Teridax
Teridax
Townie
Teridax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by Teridax »

...Is there a second-off?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 843, MattP wrote:
In post 839, LicketyQuickety wrote:What are people's meta on mastin? I'd like to say Town just for being so firm in there reads

Mastin does it regardless of alignment.

I'm not an expert on Mastin, but I don't like his play here compared to his town play.

In post 844, pisskop wrote:ive never seen mastin be confscum before. why is this play different?

In post 416, MattP wrote:I havent read anything yet but congrats on wagoning someone for not posting

so you took a snark vote and decided to quote a not-mod votecount and edit it. . . :|

w.e. Ive already made up my mind about your play.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by MattP »

Second, regardless of my opinion on you I'm just going to pursue something more fruitful.

VOTE: Reasonably Rational

In post 632, Reasonably Rational wrote:
That was a pretty awful claim.
While you're busy being bored in the dead thread, you should re-consider what I said about gut. If you play mafia based upon "gut" that you can't back up with something substantive, you are essentially playing a game based upon your bowels as they randomly digest food and produce feces. I mean ... you can disagree all you want, but if "gut feeling" has any meaning, it can only be one of two things, rationally:

1.) You are picking up on a situation being similar enough to a prior bad situation that your brain tells various glands to start releasing chemicals into your system as part of the fight or flight response. That's useless "gut feeling" in mafia because what happened in previous games and the situations therein can have no actual direct effect or impact upon whatever the current game is. Any similarity is coincidental and responding to that sort of gut feeling is essentially responding to pure chance. You might as well just flip a coin; you'll be just as successful.

2.) The other thing that "gut feeling" can be is your brain recognizing something that you aren't fully consciously aware of. When this happens, then you have something useful. Put in a little time and you can generally find out what was giving you that "gut feeling" and then voila, you have something substantive you can use to convince people you found scum other than the absurdly useless "my bowels say so".

RR says it is an awful claim post-lynch of Performer and then explains to performer how to improve his play as if performer is town.

RR saying the claim is awful, and the dissonance of that with everything following, really makes it look like he knew Performer was already scum and made an error by including his judgment of Performer's claim with his pretending to treat Performer as unflipped town.

Combined with RR's general play and Maxous's lynch, I feel much more confidant about this than Vedith or Teridax.
SlappyKrust
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by pisskop »

lol.

matt's townreading me and scumreading mastin and Im not sure I like it.

unvote
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 853, pisskop wrote:
In post 843, MattP wrote:
In post 839, LicketyQuickety wrote:What are people's meta on mastin? I'd like to say Town just for being so firm in there reads

Mastin does it regardless of alignment.

I'm not an expert on Mastin, but I don't like his play here compared to his town play.

In post 844, pisskop wrote:ive never seen mastin be confscum before. why is this play different?

In post 416, MattP wrote:I havent read anything yet but congrats on wagoning someone for not posting

so you took a snark vote and decided to quote a not-mod votecount and edit it. . . :|

w.e. Ive already made up my mind about your play.

Huh? I don't understand what you're saying
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 855, pisskop wrote:lol.

unvote

I'm townreading you because I largely remember your tone from the last time I've played with you

I don't get why you dislike me scumreading Mastin?
SlappyKrust
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Post by pisskop »

I asked you what about mastins play is different. i q+ed it.

then mastin responded and I q+ed that.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:14 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 857, MattP wrote:
In post 855, pisskop wrote:lol.

unvote

I'm townreading you because I largely remember your tone from the last time I've played with you

I don't get why you dislike me scumreading Mastin?

we could start with what about her is different than her town game you played
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:17 pm

Post by MattP »

I honestly think I got ahead of myself on mastin and started tunneling. I'm taking a step back right now.
SlappyKrust
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

@mastin2, I don't like how you are talking about NS and then just saying I am
probably
Town. It sorta feels like you are trying to manipulate mah feels a bit and doing a little mind trick of buddying me sorta kinda.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Teridax
Teridax
Townie
Teridax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Post by Teridax »

(Btw, proof I'm not scum. Consider that as scum, I'm actively involved in the politics of my mafia team. Nightkills included. I'm often THE driving force behind them, in fact. The most influential player, the one with the greatest say, almost never outvoted.
I have a policy as scum to off threats, which I define as players, not roles. I flat-out ignore threats of roles when I'm scum to focus on player-killing.
Considering those factors.

Who would I kill as scum?
There's BotLane--I've always been a believer in Ankamius as having talent, and d3x has, traditionally, proven to be a thorn in my side when I've drawn scum and he drew town.
There's Cephrir--he's a great town player, and unlike Heartless, not as likely to draw protects, so a good kill.
There's Heartless--while there's the risk of them being protected, my stance on killing players has always been, "FUCK the chance of them being protected, we'll kill them and if they don't die at least we know why!" and not to worry about that.
There might be Kthxbye--I'd have to review my game history with him to see how much a pain he's been when I've been scum.
There's definitely LicketyQuickety--this one is similar to Ankamius, in that it's not one people would really know about, but given our theory talks, LicketyQuickety is the type of player who, if I was scum, would terrify me because of the potential to nail scum time and time again. I might be one of the few to see it, but I see it all the same.
You could argue MattP--while my opinion of him is that he's a fairly decent player and no god-tiered scumhunter, I DO remember him having scarily-competent reads in some past games so while I personally don't think he'd be a prime nightkill for me to make as scum, I could at least theoretically consider it a good idea in case he's that good.
By a similar argument, PV would be an option--when he's actually analyzing, he's a deadly player, and no player knows how to utilize roles better than PV does.
I
certainly
could kill ReasonablyRational--ONE head of them would be deadly enough; TWO of them, together, would be an automatic top-choice for nightkill because Cerb and Drixx are both amazing players and they augment each other rather well.
I definitely would consider killing TWIE--while he's fairly trollish and arrogant and spammy, facts are, he's had good accuracy in some games, so I'd definitely consider him.

Long list.
Know who isn't on that list?
Definitely not ika, HECK no.
And not Maxous. Maxous is...a total unknown to me scumhunting-wise, like davesaz, Firebringer, HerryPanther, pisskop, Spiffeh, and Vedith. Sure, he COULD be good, but I simply don't know it. So I wouldn't be advocating his kill at all.)
Teridax
Teridax
Townie
Teridax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Post by Teridax »

In post 853, pisskop wrote:w.e. Ive already made up my mind about your play.
Pretty sure this is pisskop as scum.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Post by pisskop »

^^she can die after Im gone.
Teridax
Teridax
Townie
Teridax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Post by Teridax »

In post 861, LicketyQuickety wrote:@mastin2, I don't like how you are talking about NS and then just saying I am
probably
Town. It sorta feels like you are trying to manipulate mah feels a bit and doing a little mind trick of buddying me sorta kinda.
Honestly didn't even know until I read SC's post announcing you coming in that you were NS.

I mean, I knew you had to be
someone
, and I kinda figured that you were one of the players I had in my nullish pile, but I didn't know you were NS. That connection came later.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by MattP »

Mastin does long-winded WIFOMy self-reflecting posts every opportunity she gets, it means nothing
SlappyKrust
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:35 pm

MM can be in my tentative Scum reads right now.

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:36 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 866, MattP wrote:Mastin does long-winded WIFOMy self-reflecting posts every opportunity she gets, it means nothing

okay. is this you trying to get a read on her?

@mastin

lets not do the thing where you call me scum because one time at bandcamp I did a thing as scum. Literally looking at a randomly selected scum game of mine would hopefully dissuade such silly thoughts.

Dont be a RC, or a Salamance. Id say I play all my games differently but its so cliche. :roll:

Not that I place faith in your ability to push. You dont actually do that much pushing. you suggest
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:40 pm

In post 868, pisskop wrote:
In post 866, MattP wrote:Mastin does long-winded WIFOMy self-reflecting posts every opportunity she gets, it means nothing

okay. is this you trying to get a read on her?

@mastin

lets not do the thing where you call me scum because one time at bandcamp I did a thing as scum. Literally looking at a randomly selected scum game of mine would hopefully dissuade such silly thoughts.

Dont be a RC, or a Salamance. Id say I play all my games differently but its so cliche. :roll:

Not that I place faith in your ability to push. You dont actually do that much pushing. you suggest

I get Scummy feel from this post for not really getting what mastin is saying.

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by pisskop »

eww shut up ns
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:41 pm

I'm completely on the fence about mastin. I do not understand the flattery here. I am wrong... a lot.

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 868, pisskop wrote:okay. is this you trying to get a read on her?

No? I'm just pointing out to anyone not familiar with her play that this is something she does a lot.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Post by MattP »

Also 862 is just mean
SlappyKrust
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:47 pm

In post 873, MattP wrote:Also 862 is just mean

You mean because of the elephant in the room contradiction?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”