Spider Gwen
Spider Gwen
Goon
Spider Gwen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Spider Gwen »

Sooth, I think we're in similar positions in regards to our wagons. We just happen to feel stronger on different people. For me, I'm afraid that I may be voting Phantom based on a kneejerk response, even though I think PoE is pointing that way. And all things considered, Dipsy is just a way stronger read to me based on play. I also think that my wagon has the best chance of going through. Let's assume that Dipsy and Phantom won't cross vote, because I'd actually assume we'd have seen that by now. Let's also assume that Concorde and Value won't budge. And for the sake of argument, let's remove ourselves, since I think we'll both be on the succeeding wagon. That's 5 votes needed, with both of us holding 2 now. Aristocrat will revote Dipsy, and I think Quailford and Gumby will both make the move as well. That's all the votes I need for Dipsy. On the other hand, you have Aristocrat and Mega who have both refused to vote Phantom. I think Shady would vote there, but that's about it from the current Dipsy wagon. There's just no way you're getting the votes. And we both agree that Dipsy is scum, right? So if we're to consolidate, you need to switch soon. Either that or convince 2 of Concorde, Value, Aristocrat, and Mega why their Phantom town read is wrong.
"The Gwen Stacy method for alienating new friends: If all your friends have changed their minds about something and you start to doubt yourself-- DOUBLE DOWN!" -
Secret Wars: Spider-verse #3
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Greatvalue »

Agree on Concorde being town for multiple reasons. That being said Shady is a strong townread for almost as many and I think the back and forth "argument" there is distracting.

As for the rest:

Natural Aristocracy ... is my strongest scum read, though I admit the last three posts of his give me pause.

Spider Gwen ... has a good chance of being scum given how many of the others are either town reads or feel more like distractions than scum. I still see so many of her posts as void of actual town investment. Investment in looking useful and wordy, yes. Investment in trying to analyze/engage with players as if she's trying to figure out their alignment, as soothsayer and Yadtm later on showed, no.

Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy ... I could see being scum, but in the past few real-days the one thing turning me away from this is how the wagon feels like a distraction. I mean I feel like everything else significant is being ignored, especially with regards to actually voting players' other scum reads or players with scum tells, in favor of just keeping the Dipsy wagon at the forefront. I just don't like the endless focus the votes have on this.

The Phantom of the Opera ... I don't think he's the right lynch today. I want to be able to call him town because he seems to be on the same page as me with certain reads, but still need a bit more.

Quailford LOL ... I'm torn. I still really think the CellPhone and Joey associations, at least, are fairly scummy. But then I thought, his responses to the claim inquiry could actually be town. And then back on the other hand his fading into the background as I took a step back, while still providing sparse "game-related" posts, looks like a scum tactic. Not to mention he reminds me of kuribo, in both his personality and penchant for claiming dumb shit as scum and being irritatingly successful at it.

Gumby ... is town, even with the Vanilla Cop flip.

the_soothsayer ... feels engaged with and invested in the game in a way that comes more from town trying to actually find scum. While I think highly of their main's scum game, I don't think this is it.

Megafan1998 ... I like on a purely visual level, but every time I try to determine alignment here I'm just drawing a blank. In any case he/she isn't on the table right now.
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Greatvalue »

In post 1201, Spider Gwen wrote:Sooth, I think we're in similar positions in regards to our wagons. We just happen to feel stronger on different people. For me, I'm afraid that I may be voting Phantom based on a kneejerk response, even though I think PoE is pointing that way. And all things considered, Dipsy is just a way stronger read to me based on play. I also think that my wagon has the best chance of going through. Let's assume that Dipsy and Phantom won't cross vote, because I'd actually assume we'd have seen that by now. Let's also assume that Concorde and Value won't budge. And for the sake of argument, let's remove ourselves, since I think we'll both be on the succeeding wagon. That's 5 votes needed, with both of us holding 2 now. Aristocrat will revote Dipsy, and I think Quailford and Gumby will both make the move as well. That's all the votes I need for Dipsy. On the other hand, you have Aristocrat and Mega who have both refused to vote Phantom. I think Shady would vote there, but that's about it from the current Dipsy wagon. There's just no way you're getting the votes. And we both agree that Dipsy is scum, right? So if we're to consolidate, you need to switch soon. Either that or convince 2 of Concorde, Value, Aristocrat, and Mega why their Phantom town read is wrong.

The level of detail and lack of parsing here feels more like scum noise than anything. I don't disagree that town could want to talk about how to coordinate a lynch, but this entire post as a whole just reads as either scum taking a risk with the public manipulation/buddying or wanting to look like she's committed to moving the game forward.

I think Gwen is a good scum player, but I also don't think her posts are town. I'm trying to get my point across here without accusing her of intentional WIFOM, but... that's a part of it.

In post 1194, Spider Gwen wrote:Okay. So Concorde is going to just vote town for the rest of the day. That's cool. Probably going to be something similar with Value.

And since when did you start reading NA as town instead of just not seeing Dipsy and NA as scum together?
Natural Aristocracy
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Natural Aristocracy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by Natural Aristocracy »

I'm tired of all you guys with scum-reads on me but votes somewhere else.
Either lynch me and stop fencesitting over it, waiting for some other cuck to lead what you know to be a mislynch, or stop acting like a bunch of shits.

VOTE: Dipsy
Since you guys don't want to lynch Shady for reasons I can't fathom.
I love how I'm like, "Oh, yeah, we should contribute to a fun game and not be jerks" and shady's response is "FUCK OFF".

Greatvalue's recent reads post feels thin on content and really sheepy of the game's general opinion.
Like GV doesn't want to take a worth-a-damn stance on anything.
There is a natural aristocracy among men, the grounds of which are virtue and talents.
the_soothsayer
the_soothsayer
Goon
the_soothsayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Post by the_soothsayer »

@Spider - With 6 to lynch and 3 already on Opera I'd only need to get 3 more, Shady would consider switching so that makes it 2, I wouldn't rule out Dipsy/Opera not cross voting at all, I think they're quite likely to when it gets down to deadline (neither town reads the other person) which means I'd only need 1 more vote which could be you switching or even someone reassessing and realizing that Operas scum here. If it comes down to it and no one does switch by tomorrow I'll move to Dipsy but for now I don't think Opera is implausible and I would be seriously shocked if he's town here.

@GV - Still strongly disagree with your Spider scum read, I don't think her posts (especially the one you've quoted) are her "faking contribution", they all fit with her prior lines of thinking and logic and are very natural progressions in conversations? I really do think you've got that read completely wrong. I also don't get your stance on Dipsy, I entirely disagree with everything you've said re; that.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by Titus »

@Soothsayer, I still think Shady is obvious scum, but can you concisely layout your Phantom case and hear me out on Shady?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by Titus »

Shit.
Replace Concorde please. Ty.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by The Phantom of the Opera »

no go back to concorde this is secret alt mafia goddammit
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:35 pm

In post 1178, Shady wrote:puuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

hahaha FUCK OFF

something something I hate the world I'm slim shady something something dark side ass chunks
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by Shady »

i was not aware titus was this awful

In post 1204, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Since you guys don't want to lynch Shady for reasons I can't fathom.
I love how I'm like, "Oh, yeah, we should contribute to a fun game and not be jerks" and shady's response is "FUCK OFF".

haha yes that's exactly why i did that, and not because you told obvious town to "stop posting walls" when yuo've spent today doing fuckall but your stupid sadsack act

the reaction to soothsayer complaining about your lack of content was hilariously over the top whining where you attack him but stop short of actually calling him scum (because then you'd be obviously full of shit). it's a completely nonsense-ass response to someone saying you should post more - and he's right given you're still hung up on shit that happened 20 pages ago and seemingly haven't incorporated new information in any way (because you're scum so hey whatever)
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by Shady »

i mean, is titus someone who would intentionally misrepresent the timing of my vote as an argument for why i'm scum? i was under the impression i was dealing with some VI making a dumb argument there but now i'm bothered
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:21 pm

In post 1189, Spider Gwen wrote:I don't know if we can count on Dipsy or Phantom voting their counter wagons,

OEBGKSHEBFOSGTKFU

JIFBWLFBWP$)#9%&2/$)@9<«<|

IM LOSING MY FUCKING MIND HERE

IVE GIVEN A SINGLE FUCKING SCUMREAD THIS GAME

AND THAT SCUMREAD IS DIPSY

AND YOU THINK THAT I WON'T VOTE DIPSY???

AND THEN I SEE CLOWNFUCKS TO MY LEFT AND CLOWNFUCKS TO MY RIGHT GOING "HEY LOOK AT PHANTOM NOT VOTING DIPSY EVEN THOUGH HE'S CALLING HIM SCUM HE MUST BE AFRAID OF VOTING HIM"

I ONCE HAD A HOMELESS MAN PULL ME ASIDE AND TALK TO ME ABOUT THE GOAT, THE GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER IN THE WORLD ACCORDING TO KAREEM ABDUL JABAR AND HE MADE MORE SENSE THAN THE REST OF YOU PUT TOGETHER AND THAT'S A DAMN SHAME

IS THAT HOW YOU PLAY SCUM???
"LET ME BASICALLY DO NOTHING BUT MAKE A CASE ON MY PARTNER AND THEN NOT VOTE HIM OR PUSH ALTERNATIVES BECAUSE "OOH, SCARY"

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:23 pm

In post 1190, Shady wrote:phantom explicitly stated he had a scuread on dipsy earlier so i'm not sure what the hell he's doing

how is it that you are the only person in the game with the sacred power of reading

why did god give the power to you?
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
The Phantom of the Opera
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:25 pm

In post 1198, the_soothsayer wrote:Opera scum reading but not voting Dipsy

.......................................................................................

rip logic
the_soothsayer
the_soothsayer
Goon
the_soothsayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by the_soothsayer »

Depressing how little content has been posted in the last 24 hours.

@Quilford -
Any chance of a deadline extension due to the replacement?

Concorde being Titus if anything strengthens my town read there. Titus
is
that awful, especially as town, she spams the thread with reads and reasoning that I can never understand, she's one of the few players I actively avoid playing with since our playstyles clash quite heavily.

Huh, I literally said that you're likely to end up cross voting in . My issue is why you currently haven't voted him, what possible benefit is there in delaying throwing a vote down here if you're town? If you're confident he's scum throwing a vote down would be the logical move. I can see one as scum, that's waiting to see if another wagon does pop up elsewhere which is more likely to occur if Dipsy is at say 3 votes out of 6 rather than 4.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by Quilford »

• Votecount 3.7

Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy (4)— Spider Gwen, Shady, Megafan1998, Natural Aristocracy
    The Phantom of the Opera (3)— the_soothsayer, Quailford LOL, Gumby
    Shady (1)— Concorde
    Natural Aristocracy (1)— Greatvalue

Not Voting
    (2)— The Phantom of the Opera, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy

It takes 6 to lynch or no lynch.

Deadline

Deadline is paused at 1 day, 14 hours, 12 minutes.

Mod notes

Replacing Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy. Deadline paused until then.

Concorde has been given the option to continue playing, from either their main or alt account.
the_soothsayer
the_soothsayer
Goon
the_soothsayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by the_soothsayer »

Blah, if we're going to end this day lynching the Dipsy slot we're probably better of doing so before a replacement arrives and devotes time to start reading through the thread with roughly 24 hours to go only when they're inevitably going to get lynched anyway.

Last chance for people to join me on Opera, otherwise I'll switch to Dipsy in the next 2-3 hours.
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by Shady »

i still have yet to really read them although i'm doing it right now

kinda just want to avoid the trouble of dealing with a dipsy replacement, but blah
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by Shady »

post 441 really sucks and doesn't seem to accomplish anything
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by Shady »

their gimmick makes me want to punch a wall

i don't know that i'd want to vote phantom over dipsy or NA today, although that depends a lot on how people feel about lynching a slot that will likely need to be replaced
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Titus »

We could actually lynch within my pool?

I really hate the two available lynch choices. I'll hammer to avoid a no lynch as they aren't mod confirmed town, but I don't care for either.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by Titus »

Major Opera preference out of the sit wagons as that one has all strong probable town and Gwen + Shady agree on Dipsy.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

the_soothsayer
the_soothsayer
Goon
the_soothsayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by the_soothsayer »

In post 1219, Shady wrote:post 441 really sucks and doesn't seem to accomplish anything

Yeah, this is the essence of my scum read there, there's little actual content and contributions from the slot and when they do post very little of it comes across as earnest scumhunting, the focus and reads really don't come across as genuine whatsoever and given who it is it'd make a lot of sense due to them being scum.

In post 1221, Titus wrote:We could actually lynch within my pool?

I'm absolutely not lynching outside of Opera and Dipsy today. If you're actually staying in the game explain what about them do you actually town read and why? I'm also fairly sure your pool is all or mostly town so if you want to elaborate on your scum read on any of them (particularly Shady) I'll explain how it's wrong.
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 1221, Titus wrote:I really hate the two available lynch choices.

guess we're on the right track then

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”