Blitz 3: Dead of Winter Mafia - Game Over

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:19 am

Post by Expedience »

I certainly disagree with Makoto's statement about gameplay being likely to be town because of his lynch immunity, but I'm not as confident as you seem to be that such a statement would come from scum.

Pressuring them while gameplay isn't here is fine.

VOTE: Makoto Nanaya

And this is a closed setup.
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:21 am

Post by The_Jester »

I guess it's a closed setup then, following the logic. Dunno why but I thought open setup means the setup is open for speculation, derp.
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:30 am

Post by A Royal Saint »

@The Jester -- Open means you know all the roles in the set up.
Newbie games here are all "open". Open generally means open role list to all players.

Semi open is up for some debate but is usually when you know some pieces of the set up but not everything. I believe this is semi open because we know how many scum and how many town but not the roles within it. However some people may consider this closed.

The third is closed which means you don't know how many scum or how many town or anything at all.
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:50 am

Post by The_Jester »

Alrighty, thanks.

@Makoto, what do you think of Ranger now?
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:57 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 293, Davsto wrote:Well this new deathless setup of Mafia certainly is interesting.

Do you think that the scum attempted to make a kill last night or decided not to?
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

*crickets* Cmon y'all this is a blitz game not go 20 in the slow lane game....
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by pisskop »

I think were waiting for the other players to come by. You know its Sunday, rite?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

Yeah...Sunday = Fun day = more activity usually. At least that has been what I have seen. This little activity is weird. :/ I have seen more in non blitz games. I am extremely concerned when people have very few posts it will make investigation and analysis difficult.
Makoto Nanaya
Makoto Nanaya
Townie
Makoto Nanaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by Makoto Nanaya »

In post 328, The_Jester wrote:@Makoto, what do you think of Ranger now?

Same as i did before, given he hasn't posted anything yet today.
My mighty fists wil send you to the stars!
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Ranger »

VOTE: A Royal Saint.

Nothing has changed my opinion.

I can't find myself forming townreads this game for some reason (outside gameplay, who is town), except by proxy of my scumreads: A Royal Saint, Makoto, The Silver Bard, and hiplop all are figures of interest to me.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Ranger »

Actually,
VOTE: Makoto.

I'm making a silent bet to myself right now.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Makoto Nanaya
Makoto Nanaya
Townie
Makoto Nanaya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Makoto Nanaya »

In post 334, Ranger wrote:VOTE: A Royal Saint.

Nothing has changed my opinion.

I can't find myself forming townreads this game for some reason (outside gameplay, who is town), except by proxy of my scumreads: A Royal Saint, Makoto, The Silver Bard, and hiplop all are figures of interest to me.

can you explain your reasoning on all 5 of these names?
My mighty fists wil send you to the stars!
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

Agreed. And secondly if nothing has changed for you then you should be able to explain why nothing has changed.

Furthermore it has been established in thread that gameplay is very likely scum. Then why is he not on your list of scum reads.

It is almost like you are stuck on something. Some times even people who have wrong reads (like on me) find something worth noting so please explain why you are thinking the way you do and why these lurkers and not others met your eye.

Makoto is l-3 at my last count but would like a VC to verify.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Ranger »

I can do one better: explain every player.

I simply haven't liked any of A Royal Saint's content. Nothing ARS has done is something that scum cannot fake, and his stances feel empty.

davesaz is a null read of mine because I didn't like his entrance on gut but I haven't found his other posting problematic--he's not a townread, though.

Davsto would probably make the game a bit easier on me if it turned out he were scum, but honestly I can't say that I think he is. I have trouble locking down anything one way or another on him, though.

I was expecting to get some strong, undeniably town thoughts from Expedience, but they have been absent. While nothing looks bad, I thought there'd be something good.

gameplay I simply feel is town. I haven't had a problem with his posts and I thought the wagon on him was driven by scum.

hiplop is mostly null, but my shows why I'm suspicious of him. That was a terrible wagon-hop. (No pun intended.)

Honestly, I forgot about Klingoncelt earlier; she's there with gameplay as one of my only true townreads right now. Regardless of whether her restriction is real or fake, I see effort to contribute even in spite of the restriction, along with what appears to be original thoughts shining through.

You I simply haven't liked the contributions of. I realize that you're actually taking the advice I gave you by being more active and involved, explaining yourself, but your posting felt awkward then, and to some extent still does.

I honestly had forgotten pisskop was in the game, so I have absolutely no read on him whatsoever.

Scorpious hasn't given me enough to read him one way or another.

While I see potential signs of contribution here and there from The Silver Bard, wherever else I look, I keep seeing things that look suspicious, giving me an overall negative vibe.

The_Jester, I remember something made me think he
could
be scum, but I held very little confidence in that, doubly-so since I can't actually remember what it was.

So all-in-all, I don't have much of value right now.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

Okay...Explain how you haven't had a problem with game play's posts. Since 90% of them are "reading the thread". Simply calling him town when the greater likelihood based on information we already know (he survived the first lynch) combined with prods for inactivity and antitown behavior which can happen with newer scum. I just can't see how there isn't a problem and I want you to expand on that.

...Expedience is showing very much town thoughts and they are a top town read. I do not understand what else you could want from them :/

I am not sure how you are getting these reads you are just stating things that do not make sense to me logically.

And I agree on the value part. FoS Ranger.
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

In post 226, gameplay506 wrote:Got to page 5.
Expe is town. Bard and royal are too dumb (sorry its true) for me to read them.
Something about Davesaz makes me think scum.
Haven't seen much of Kling so far but the thing I don't like is that she isn't even remotely trying to overcome it on way or another. I am ok with this.
Anyway
VOTE: Davesaz
Still havent read all but I am thinking about going to bed and I would like to place a vote before then. Also I've always been good with reads but not with arguments. Just some info.

This and the other post where they say lynching them is a waste of time are the only posts with attempts at content. They did do what accounts to a random vote on me because I was and am attempting to move discussion forward.

Please by all means explain how you have no problem with this little activity or contribution. I would love to hear that.

In fact anyone who thinks Gameplay is town should explain that.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

@Titus - Is there a wiki link for this game?

I just finished a game on Ika's site. Big mistake, they have a huge variety of crazy roles over there. Now I have a bunch of crazy possibilities dancing through my head: Judas, Saulus, unlynchable (but still Night-killable!,) saved by a judge, revived, ...

Oh, the post restriction was quite real. Sucked completely.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by Titus »

@Klingoncelt, there is no wiki link. You know the game has no cults, lynchers, jesters or alignment changes. It is not bastard.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

In post 341, Klingoncelt wrote:

I just finished a game on Ika's site. Big mistake, they have a huge variety of crazy roles over there. Now I have a bunch of crazy possibilities dancing through my head: Judas, Saulus, unlynchable (but still Night-killable!,) saved by a judge, revived, ...

Now that you can speak what are your thoughts about the game and its players? Could you do a readwall of sorts?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 331, pisskop wrote:I think were waiting for the other players to come by. You know its Sunday, rite?

Can you post some reads or something? It's creeping me out for you to not really be giving any. Sure, a comment here or there about the current game state but it lacks the cohesion that I'm used to seeing.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by pisskop »

eww. Dave suddenly in this one game takes offense at my playstyle.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by pisskop »

Got news bub. When you surpass my content level then you come and complain about me.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 341, Klingoncelt wrote:

Yay, you can talk now?!

The Wiki wrote:Judas is generally considered a bastard role.

The Wiki wrote:Saulus is generally considered a bastard role.

Rules out those two at least.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 338, Ranger wrote:While I see potential signs of contribution here and there from The Silver Bard, wherever else I look, I keep seeing things that look suspicious, giving me an overall negative vibe.

Could you give some examples of the suspicious things are you noticing?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 301, The Silver Bard wrote:
In post 294, Makoto Nanaya wrote:So first things first, gameplay is probably town. If I had to guess, the scum are trying to force us into a second D1 with that No kill.

I agree. The reason why is:

Either gamplay is unlynchable. And unlynchable scum cannot exist I think.

or

He have two lifes or more. Scum could also have two lifes so in itself this don't point to him being town.

The way gameplay played day 1 though makes me believe he baited the lynch on himself to "confrim" himself as town. If scum got two lifes or more my guess is that they would have saved it for as long as possible and not intentionally get themselves lynched day one (gameplays playstyle day 1 was to me so anti-town that I think he did it intentionaly).

Why would it be good for either alignment to get lynched on purpose?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”