Blitz 4: Kingmaker (game over)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Accountant »

Accountant: Have you looked into games of Spiffeh to check if the meta-argument in favour of him was correct? Or at least that you could recognize it? Because I don't get the feeling you're doing anything to improve your read on Spiffeh, it's like you decided he was scum and are just sticking with it now no matter what.

My policy is to reject any meta-arguments, whether correct or incorrect. I consider any meta-tells short of an actual trust tell non alignment indicative.

Right now UNVOTE: because I'm really not comfortable with the other people on the Spiffeh wagon. I don't want to wagon on tex, I'd rather vote blocky or bard.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Titus »

Who are you not comfortable with? Why blocky or bard?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Accountant »

Bard seems too eager to push on people that I consider town, like Smithereens. I honestly think Smithereens is pretty towny at this point, so it seems to me like he's reaching for something to attack. Blockyman has a terrible vote on soft-spoken and I don't know why, plus his posts just make me think he's not very interested in the game.

texcat and Sakura are... sort of inactive and lurky, plus I don't really have a strong town read on them. I'd rather not be on that wagon, because I could easily envision tex/sakura the scum team, making it a mislynch.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 95, Smithereens wrote:
In post 77, Soft-spoken wrote:
In post 72, pisskop wrote:

My personal stance on it is 'I don't mind' but keep it tasteful and in check.[/b][/color]

sorry if i stepped over the line a little. the second one was just poking fun at him since i had already explained the king mechanics

Lol, typical scum to think that every critical mention is against them. That was a generalised comment buddy, don't see what prompted an apology from you. Unless of course you are feeling guilty for some reason. :shifty:

Smithereens clearly was not reading the thread. But felt the need to call Soft-Spoken a typical scum anyway?

In post 143, Smithereens wrote:
In post 131, Spiffeh wrote:I have read literally nothing but she's not in the thick of things which I don't like

There are a heap of players currently not in the thick of things. And fyi, yes she is most definitely in the thick of things at this point. What makes you think she isn't in the thick of things? And why wouldn't you like that?

Again, not really reading the thread. At this point, Sakura had made only a few posts mostly fluff, and joined what she called the RVS wagon on Spiffeh.

And then the nitpicking on Accountant. A lot of Smithereen's posts seem to be nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking, not for the sake of finding scum.

In post 265, Titus wrote:
In post 263, BlockyMan wrote:Im town. Your scum. What else ya wanna know?

I would like to know why.

I would certainly like to hear more from Blocky. The attack from Soft-Spoken, in spite of the warnings from King Titus, seemed to give Blocky an excuse to run away and not answer. I can't help but wonder if that was intentional.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Nah, it was a weekend and also today (yesterday by now i guess) is my mom's birthday so i was busy.
Just came and saw your comment, but apparently you dislike bard for scumreading smithreens but spiffeh's fine for doing the same thing (while doing little else?)
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 302, Accountant wrote:Bard seems too eager to push on people that I consider town, like Smithereens. I honestly think Smithereens is pretty towny at this point, so it seems to me like he's reaching for something to attack. Blockyman has a terrible vote on soft-spoken and I don't know why, plus his posts just make me think he's not very interested in the game.

texcat and Sakura are... sort of inactive and lurky, plus I don't really have a strong town read on them. I'd rather not be on that wagon, because I could easily envision tex/sakura the scum team, making it a mislynch.

Your problem with Bard is exactly the problem I have with you.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by texcat »

Accountant, I'm not really understanding your turnaround on Spiffeh. And I think I have to disagree with your characterization of me and certainly Sakura as inactive and lurky.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 303, texcat wrote:
In post 95, Smithereens wrote:

Lol, typical scum to think that every critical mention is against them. That was a generalised comment buddy, don't see what prompted an apology from you. Unless of course you are feeling guilty for some reason. :shifty:

Smithereens clearly was not reading the thread. But felt the need to call Soft-Spoken a typical scum anyway?

haha, you did in fact read my post right? I made specific reference to the context of his apology, namely that the mod's comments were extremely general, general enough to make an apology sound suspiciously defensive. Which of course is a scum tell. I'm slightly curious as to why you are going around claiming that I didn't read the thread due to a misconception formed by not reading my post. It's a bit hypocritical. I've read every post in this Dp so far. Why don't you do the same?

Again, not really reading the thread. At this point, Sakura had made only a few posts mostly fluff, and joined what she called the RVS wagon on Spiffeh.

I read the name as accountant, and thought he had just said Accountant wasn't in the middle of things, which made me respond to that post with all due haste.

And then the nitpicking on Accountant. A lot of Smithereen's posts seem to be nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking, not for the sake of finding scum.

When it got to the point of nitpicking (which is when the debate devolves into meta linguistics and syntax) I ended the discussion. What are you suggesting, it would be better for that discussion to have never happened in the first place..?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Post by Accountant »

I don't think that Spiffeh is town. But I'm not comfortable wagoning him at the moment due to the other people on that wagon.

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

That makes no sense
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

If you don't think I'm town you shouldn't give a fuck who is on my wagon
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by Smithereens »

he has a point.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:56 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Sakura is still scum btw

VOTE: Sakura Hana
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by Smithereens »

And now it just looks like you're underplaying your criticism of Accountant.

VOTE: Spiffeh
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 312, Spiffeh wrote:Sakura is still scum btw

VOTE: Sakura Hana

And i still haven't heard a single reason why.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 313, Smithereens wrote:And now it just looks like you're underplaying your criticism of Accountant.

?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Sakura you're sheeping a shitty case on me and I think you're better than that. You haven't really done any scum hunting of anyone else which is a stark contrast from a game we just finished together where you were town.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 308, Accountant wrote:I don't think that Spiffeh is town. But I'm not comfortable wagoning him at the moment due to the other people on that wagon.

Who specifically were you not comfortable with?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 315, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 313, Smithereens wrote:And now it just looks like you're underplaying your criticism of Accountant.

?

Don't question mark me, you're completely aware of what you did now that it's been pointed out. It looks extremely fishy when you procure a valid reason to question the motives of another player but then downplay or abandon it to maintain external consistency when someone else credits your view.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 316, Spiffeh wrote:Sakura you're sheeping a shitty case on me and I think you're better than that. You haven't really done any scum hunting of anyone else which is a stark contrast from a game we just finished together where you were town.

Just pretend im still on RVS, because i've literally haven't had time for anything mafia related this whole weekend. I liked the case, and i still don't see anything that makes me want to remove my vote because you're still throwing accusations, your reasoning and vote came just now after i had already explained i wasnt here much this weekend.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 318, Smithereens wrote:
In post 315, Spiffeh wrote:

?

Don't question mark me, you're completely aware of what you did now that it's been pointed out. It looks extremely fishy when you procure a valid reason to question the motives of another player but then downplay or abandon it to maintain external consistency when someone else credits your view.

Not sure I follow here. I'd kinda like it if my town block quit fighting each other...:(
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by texcat »

Smithereens, I didn't find the mod's comments all that general. They were specifically about repeatedly faking king lynches. Soft-spoken was the only one who had done that. I thought that if you had read the thread you would have realized that. My mistake. I still don't think that apologizing to the mod makes Soft-spoken overly-defensive or scummy.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I am far more confident in Sakura being scum than anyone else in this game. I don't really think that has ever been in question.

Yes Accountant's case on me was bad and his unvote doesn't make any sense but I was town reading him up until that point and his case on me proves that he's not the most rational player.

I'm not downplaying or abandoning anything?

You've literally seen quoted posts of mine this game where I have made observations and moved on. So I don't know what makes this any different.

Sakura ok then prove me wrong I look forward to it.

Titus who makes up your current town block and who are you leaning towards executing?
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by Smithereens »

@Texcat, I came to a similar conclusion, which is why that discussion didn't go any further. But let's say he did over-react or something, then the discussion would have continued from there.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 322, Spiffeh wrote:Yes Accountant's case on me was bad and his unvote doesn't make any sense but I was town reading him up until that point and his case on me proves that he's not the most rational player.

Wait what. How was it bad?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”