Blitz 6: Normal! [Game Over]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 523, TheLhix wrote:
In post 520, Aquanim wrote:
@LoHa
: From one Teamliquid expatriate to another... this forum operates much less on ego-boosting and shit-flinging arguments. (Mostly.) Getting a feel for the different meta here is very important. (Same goes for Lhix on that score, actually.)

And yes Titus, your read is being "discredited" because, quite simply, it is worth no credit. Right or wrong, it was terrible.

To repeat myself again: agreeing with you that not much has happened in the thread is NOT a reason he should townread you. Scum frequently make accurate statements.

I do have a question on this. I dont think I am necessarily shit flinging around arguments, but besides the arguing or trying to make a case what would you suggest? On the Meta I came from it was very much based in empiricism and observation. While I have noticed the shift here in both tone and play style, I have noticed that challenging is equally detrimental. Would you say that is correct?

The ego-boosting and shit-flinging was specifically a comment about Teamliquid.

I almost think you've overreacted to the site meta; you went from serious questioning of my vote in the first post to throwing around unexplained votes on a whim. I do personally prefer votes to be explained, and if appropriate pushed.
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
TheLhix
TheLhix
Goon
TheLhix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by TheLhix »

In post 525, Aquanim wrote:
In post 523, TheLhix wrote:
@LoHa
: From one Teamliquid expatriate to another... this forum operates much less on ego-boosting and shit-flinging arguments. (Mostly.) Getting a feel for the different meta here is very important. (Same goes for Lhix on that score, actually.)

And yes Titus, your read is being "discredited" because, quite simply, it is worth no credit. Right or wrong, it was terrible.

To repeat myself again: agreeing with you that not much has happened in the thread is NOT a reason he should townread you. Scum frequently make accurate statements.

I do have a question on this. I dont think I am necessarily shit flinging around arguments, but besides the arguing or trying to make a case what would you suggest? On the Meta I came from it was very much based in empiricism and observation. While I have noticed the shift here in both tone and play style, I have noticed that challenging is equally detrimental. Would you say that is correct?

The ego-boosting and shit-flinging was specifically a comment about Teamliquid.

I almost think you've overreacted to the site meta; you went from serious questioning of my vote in the first post to throwing around unexplained votes on a whim. I do personally prefer votes to be explained, and if appropriate pushed.

Understood. I think I tried to give more explanation and clean that up later on, but that is subjective. Thanks for the tips (or whatever the correct term is here?)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by Titus »

@LoHa

He shouldn't vote someone whom the only thing he says is he agrees with me. That's the issue. It's a scumclaim. You're placing a strawman.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 505, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 498, hi im Yakko wrote:@Nos are you saying titus was accidentally right?

no, I just didn't see his reasoning behind his scum read. Not that I think it's wrong, I just didn't comprehend it.

@Titus

@LoHa

Still think it's not an ego or a good case.
Still say this I'm god's gift is a ruse no matter what loha really is.

I'm here to hammer but finishing up anyways
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 527, Titus wrote:
@LoHa

He shouldn't vote someone whom the only thing he says is he agrees with me. That's the issue. It's a scumclaim. You're placing a strawman.

I don't see why. My opinion is that you had done very little to advance the thread at that point. If you're aware that it's a problem, but have done next-to-nothing about it, that's pretty scummy.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

I think he just likes to hear the sound of his own voice. That is why I have been ignoring him for the most part.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 528, farside22 wrote:

I don't buy Titus-LoHa as a bus, pretty sure.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

@LoHa

:lol:

Man I sense day 2 in my future.

Aqua, do you have anything else to say.
I don't see anyone shifting away from LoHa.
You want my take on it.
I say both LoHa and Titus are scum. I stand by my titus read.
LoHa had a strange moment I saw that makes me think this and Titus self assurance without asking questions is a dead give away with her.

I'm still not sure on the 3rd scum read. Too much lurkers this game. I had higher hopes for Soren then I've gotten so far. Mala is pretty much as expected and is like this regardless of alignment. And well Pisskop, I feel like shaking him up on day 2 to see if he is town or scum because right now it is snooze city with him.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by pisskop »

have you ever played with scumkop?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 531, Aquanim wrote:
In post 528, farside22 wrote:

I don't buy Titus-LoHa as a bus, pretty sure.

There is self assured and pushing because you found something in the game that you question and dig at and go crazy about.
Then there is one post that is really just meh and push it and hold it and call anyone scum for for weak reason and use associations for and I call that player scum.
Hell I've done that.
It's scum 101.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by pisskop »

in fact, unless somebody here is an alt, I dont think any of them has.

Were you in that game were I was an sk?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 533, pisskop wrote:have you ever played with scumkop?

Yes sir.
I just can't discuss it.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 532, farside22 wrote:
Aqua, do you have anything else to say.

Yeah. If nothing else I have a conversation to finish with Titus.
I don't see anyone shifting away from LoHa.

Probably not.
I say both LoHa and Titus are scum. I stand by my titus read.
LoHa had a strange moment I saw that makes me think this and Titus self assurance without asking questions is a dead give away with her.

Can you share this strange moment so I can have a think about it?
I don't have direct experience with Titus but I'm not at all sure the arrogance is alignment-indicative.

...Now that I think about it though, Titus was... what... fourth? on the LoHa wagon, and could have felt pretty screwed over when you jumped off (hence the aggression). Is Titus a busser?

I'm still not sure on the 3rd scum read. Too much lurkers this game. I had higher hopes for Soren then I've gotten so far. Mala is pretty much as expected and is like this regardless of alignment. And well Pisskop, I feel like shaking him up on day 2 to see if he is town or scum because right now it is snooze city with him.

Time enough to worry about that day 2, after we see a flip or two.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 535, pisskop wrote:in fact, unless somebody here is an alt, I dont think any of them has.

Were you in that game were I was an sk?

Hydra and game is still ongoing.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by pisskop »

oh yea, duh :)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 529, Aquanim wrote:
@LoHa

I don't see why. My opinion is that you had done very little to advance the thread at that point. If you're aware that it's a problem, but have done next-to-nothing about it, that's pretty scummy.

You mean I kept my post count low til I caught scum is a problem?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by pisskop »

I wouldnt' trust scumkop to act the same in every game.
TheLhix
TheLhix
Goon
TheLhix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by TheLhix »

Unvote:
My scum read is still on LaHo, but as this topic is resurfacing and being discussed I don't want the power of a hammer interfering.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 533, pisskop wrote:have you ever played with scumkop?

I have.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by pisskop »

o.o
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

@lhix no one is gonna hammer without saying so.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

Aqua this is per your question in post 537

Spoiler:
In post 236, LoHa wrote:
In post 234, Titus wrote:Loha votes me for reasons that aren't clear. The only thing I said was I needed a counter to itep to get things going. That indicates not much is alignment indicative.

Loha sheeps that thought process, but votes me. If he thinks my thought process is scummy, why would he follow it? If he doesn't, then why is he voting me?

All around, that's pretty bad.

This is bs. I'm not sheeping anything.

Just a reminder why Titus pushed this as a scum read in the first place.
I wanted it remembered because it really was very weak and quibbling over a difference in wording that no one would notice.

In post 237, LoHa wrote:
In post 225, KittyMo wrote:
[3] LoHa ~ farside22, Soren, TheLhix

If scum is on me it's either Titus or TheLhix or both.

He talks about 2 players on his wagon but doesn't explain why those 2 are scum.

In post 436, LoHa wrote:Meanwhile I'll take home the fact that aquaman doesn't know why Titus' vote is on me either and that I'm in his lynch pool because my play is thin. Does my postcount or the substance bother you? I've made two alignment indicative arguments for titusscum, the produce of my thin play. You call me scummy because my play is thin, I'd expect a townie with such a fat play as yours to come up with better arguments to base a lynch on, or at least sheep the ones that make sense.

Are you talkative scum?

This is the biggest thing that caught my attention.
He calls titus scum still, there are even votes on titus but instead of pushing any point against her we have random vote time next.

In post 437, LoHa wrote:VOTE: pisskop

Fun stops now, scum.

This guy hasn't done anything either.

Let's see if he'll omgus like the other or what.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 540, Titus wrote:
In post 529, Aquanim wrote:
@LoHa

You mean I kept my post count low til I caught scum is a problem?

If everybody did that the game would go nowhere. You had an issue with the game not having anything alignment-indicative, and your solution is to do something which continue to make the game not go anywhere?

Yes, I have a problem with that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 541, pisskop wrote:I wouldnt' trust scumkop to act the same in every game.

I don't trust you ever. :nerd:
Still love you though.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:41 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 546, farside22 wrote:Aqua this is per your question in post 537

Spoiler:
In post 236, LoHa wrote:
In post 234, Titus wrote:Loha votes me for reasons that aren't clear. The only thing I said was I needed a counter to itep to get things going. That indicates not much is alignment indicative.

Loha sheeps that thought process, but votes me. If he thinks my thought process is scummy, why would he follow it? If he doesn't, then why is he voting me?

All around, that's pretty bad.

This is bs. I'm not sheeping anything.

Just a reminder why Titus pushed this as a scum read in the first place.
I wanted it remembered because it really was very weak and quibbling over a difference in wording that no one would notice.

In post 237, LoHa wrote:
In post 225, KittyMo wrote:
[3] LoHa ~ farside22, Soren, TheLhix

If scum is on me it's either Titus or TheLhix or both.

He talks about 2 players on his wagon but doesn't explain why those 2 are scum.

In post 436, LoHa wrote:Meanwhile I'll take home the fact that aquaman doesn't know why Titus' vote is on me either and that I'm in his lynch pool because my play is thin. Does my postcount or the substance bother you? I've made two alignment indicative arguments for titusscum, the produce of my thin play. You call me scummy because my play is thin, I'd expect a townie with such a fat play as yours to come up with better arguments to base a lynch on, or at least sheep the ones that make sense.

Are you talkative scum?

This is the biggest thing that caught my attention.
He calls titus scum still, there are even votes on titus but instead of pushing any point against her we have random vote time next.

In post 437, LoHa wrote:VOTE: pisskop

Fun stops now, scum.

This guy hasn't done anything either.

Let's see if he'll omgus like the other or what.

kk I'll think about it.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”