Blitz 4: Kingmaker (game over)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by texcat »

Confirming
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:05 am

Post by texcat »

??? I'm not sure I understand this game.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:46 am

Post by texcat »

If I were King, I would kill Soft-Spoken. First he claims that he got a red PM, next he fake claims king. Not a fan of fake claims.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:51 am

Post by texcat »

In post 44, Spiffeh wrote:^ I don't really like that post.

??? Explain, please. Just saying that you don't "like" something makes me think you are scum.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:07 am

Post by texcat »

In post 54, Spiffeh wrote:That's a huge leap. How does me saying I don't like something make me scum?

And it's because that seems like the standard "easy" thing for scum to jump on. You really think scum would slip on their role PM color in their first post? You didn't even consider it could be a reaction test?

It's something I've seen scum do frequently. Say they don't like something or call someone or some post scummy without explaining.

And, of course, I don't think that the red PM post was a slip. I was thinking of it more as a taunt. A reaction test, perhaps. As I said, I'm not a fan.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by texcat »

OK.
VOTE: Spiffeh

He seemed a little hyperdefensive when I asked him to explain his I-don't-like-it post.
Still not a fan of Soft-spoken, but it could just be a style issue.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:21 am

Post by texcat »

Doesn't anyone sleep around here?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:37 am

Post by texcat »

My vote for Spiffeh is for what I saw as an overreaction when I asked him to explain. I obviously don't like his style of blindly calling things town or scum. When I asked him to explain because I thought it scummy, he called it a "huge leap". Perhaps, but at least I explained my leap. He just seems hyperdefensive to my request for an explanation.
Spoiler:
In post 43, texcat wrote:If I were King, I would kill Soft-Spoken. First he claims that he got a red PM, next he fake claims king. Not a fan of fake claims.

In post 53, texcat wrote:

??? Explain, please. Just saying that you don't "like" something makes me think you are scum.

In post 54, Spiffeh wrote:That's a huge leap. How does me saying I don't like something make me scum?

And it's because that seems like the standard "easy" thing for scum to jump on. You really think scum would slip on their role PM color in their first post? You didn't even consider it could be a reaction test?

In post 55, Spiffeh wrote:texcat you are very quick to call things scum itg which is very different from how I remember you as town before.

In post 56, texcat wrote:

It's something I've seen scum do frequently. Say they don't like something or call someone or some post scummy without explaining.

And, of course, I don't think that the red PM post was a slip. I was thinking of it more as a taunt. A reaction test, perhaps. As I said, I'm not a fan.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:39 am

Post by texcat »

@mod VLA for the next 11 hours -- things to do this afternoon away from keyboard

I'll catch up and post more this evening.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:17 pm

Post by texcat »

King Titus, when do you expect to make a decision?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 95, Smithereens wrote:
In post 77, Soft-spoken wrote:
In post 72, pisskop wrote:

My personal stance on it is 'I don't mind' but keep it tasteful and in check.[/b][/color]

sorry if i stepped over the line a little. the second one was just poking fun at him since i had already explained the king mechanics

Lol, typical scum to think that every critical mention is against them. That was a generalised comment buddy, don't see what prompted an apology from you. Unless of course you are feeling guilty for some reason. :shifty:

Smithereens clearly was not reading the thread. But felt the need to call Soft-Spoken a typical scum anyway?

In post 143, Smithereens wrote:
In post 131, Spiffeh wrote:I have read literally nothing but she's not in the thick of things which I don't like

There are a heap of players currently not in the thick of things. And fyi, yes she is most definitely in the thick of things at this point. What makes you think she isn't in the thick of things? And why wouldn't you like that?

Again, not really reading the thread. At this point, Sakura had made only a few posts mostly fluff, and joined what she called the RVS wagon on Spiffeh.

And then the nitpicking on Accountant. A lot of Smithereen's posts seem to be nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking, not for the sake of finding scum.

In post 265, Titus wrote:
In post 263, BlockyMan wrote:Im town. Your scum. What else ya wanna know?

I would like to know why.

I would certainly like to hear more from Blocky. The attack from Soft-Spoken, in spite of the warnings from King Titus, seemed to give Blocky an excuse to run away and not answer. I can't help but wonder if that was intentional.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by texcat »

Accountant, I'm not really understanding your turnaround on Spiffeh. And I think I have to disagree with your characterization of me and certainly Sakura as inactive and lurky.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by texcat »

Smithereens, I didn't find the mod's comments all that general. They were specifically about repeatedly faking king lynches. Soft-spoken was the only one who had done that. I thought that if you had read the thread you would have realized that. My mistake. I still don't think that apologizing to the mod makes Soft-spoken overly-defensive or scummy.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Post by texcat »

What makes you so confident in Sakura being scum?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by texcat »

You made a valid point on Accountant when you asked why if she thought you were scum she wasn't voting you, but then you turn around and vote Sakura and say that you're most confident on that case, even though it's meta and she's been away? I've gotta agree with Smithereens that it looks fishy.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by texcat »

I can't decide whether Accountant or Spiffeh is more likely to be scum. They both look like scum to me, but I just don't see how that would be possible.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:38 am

Post by texcat »

In post 340, Smithereens wrote:
I feel there is scum between them, but Titus leans town on Spif and scum on Accountant. So accountant is probs going to die today tbh. What specifically are your thoughts on Accountant..?
I fell asleep before I saw this. :neutral:

In post 300, Accountant wrote:
Accountant: Have you looked into games of Spiffeh to check if the meta-argument in favour of him was correct? Or at least that you could recognize it? Because I don't get the feeling you're doing anything to improve your read on Spiffeh, it's like you decided he was scum and are just sticking with it now no matter what.

My policy is to reject any meta-arguments, whether correct or incorrect. I consider any meta-tells short of an actual trust tell non alignment indicative.

Right now UNVOTE: because I'm really not comfortable with the other people on the Spiffeh wagon. I don't want to wagon on tex, I'd rather vote blocky or bard.

In the post above, Accountant unvotes. She
says
that she's not comfortable with the other people on the wagon. Does that mean she thinks we are scum? It's not really clear, especially when she says she doesn't want to wagon them.

What bothers me the most about the unvote is the quote from Wanderer that Accountant was responding to, "it's like you decided he was scum and are just sticking with it now no matter what." It certainly looks to me like this is the real reason that Acct is unvoting; she is tired of the pressure and worried about her own appearance.

Accountant sheeped me onto Spiffeh wagon, Sakura's been there for a while. Acct spent a few pages defending and refining her Spiffeh vote and suddenly she unvotes because we are "sort of inactive and lurky"? Not definitely, just "sort of". I don't buy it.

In post 398, Accountant wrote:
The only thing that should motivate you to lift your vote off a player is if the severity of your scum read decreases.

I wouldn't say my scum read on spiffeh has decreased but my scum read on alternative lynch targets certainly has increased.

Plus, while scum might bus scum, they aren't going to go all in on a popular wagon on other scum d1.

Revisionist history here. Perhaps, Acct's scum read on me has increased, but that was not her motive for her unvote, when she specifically said she didn't want to wagon me.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 404, Titus wrote:
In a game where votes aren't binding, they could. The first part is really eww. My problem was no one defending Spiffeh which is subtly different.

Spiffeh is on your town list. No need for anyone else to defend him.
In post 418, Firebringer wrote:
In post 414, Titus wrote:FB, why is accountant town? Make a case because I really want to shoot him.

My case is even if the aggro accountant is playstyle if I were scum her, I would tone down my style so I wasn't center of attention and basically begging for a bullet in my head.

That is why she is town.

The IDGAF I am town, is a town tell.

And I think that Acct reversing direction on Spiffeh was exactly that, an attempt to get out of the center of contention.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:06 am

Post by texcat »

My guess would be that Spiffeh was killed to make me and/or Sakura look bad somehow for wanting to lynch him. Spiffeh was town read by most everyone else, so perhaps he was killed just because he wasn't going to be lynched.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:17 am

Post by texcat »

Titus wrote:
In post 495, texcat wrote:My guess would be that Spiffeh was killed to make me and/or Sakura look bad somehow for wanting to lynch him. Spiffeh was town read by most everyone else, so perhaps he was killed just because he wasn't going to be lynched.

For anyone doing meta, the kill makes me look bad too.

I think you misunderstand lynches. If you become king, he's lynchable. Scum should PR hunt as there's not a majority says therefore unlynchable mechanic.

**reads the wiki again**
I forgot that we had a PR, and totally missed that Spiffeh was our Hero. And I guess I am a little egocentric in addition to being slightly paranoid.
I do understand that the King controls the lynch, but any King that executes a townie against the villagers wishes would immediately become suspect, wouldn't he? (Ironic though that Spiffeh turns out to actually have been unlynchable.)
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #20) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 517, Titus wrote:You should shoot accountant. Texcat looked bad there, but accountant has been scummy all game.

At least wait until everyone posted.

^^This^^
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #21) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by texcat »

I'd like to nominate where Accountant unvotes.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:36 am

Post by texcat »

VOTE: Accountant
Her attack on Spiffeh followed by the unvote even though she thought he was scum. Doesn't make sense to me from a townie pov.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 651, Soft-spoken wrote:
In post 649, Titus wrote:I got my games mixed up lol.

is textcat in your other game?

Nope
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 655, Smithereens wrote:
In post 648, texcat wrote:VOTE: Accountant
Her attack on Spiffeh followed by the unvote even though she thought he was scum. Doesn't make sense to me from a townie pov.

her defense was that she had greater scum reads bandwagoning onto spiff which made her doubt Spiff's guilt. You should probably address that and not pretend she had no reason at all.

That's what she said later. But in she said she did not want to vote for me. She wanted to vote Blocky or Bard, neither of which iirc were on the Spiffeh wagon. She never voted for Sakura and was reluctant to name who exactly on the wagon was making her nervous.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 724, Titus wrote:Pretty sure myself, FB, BB and Dominator are the town.

I know I'm town, so I know this is wrong somewhere. Why are you so sure of Fb?

My guess for scum is Wanderer, Fb, Sakura.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:58 am

Post by texcat »

Can Dominator become the kingmaker?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:16 am

Post by texcat »

Fire, which one of us would you execute?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:25 am

Post by texcat »

Less than 24 hours until the deadline. BB, I think it's time to do something.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by texcat »

Well done, scum.

Thanks for modding, Pisskop.

I'd never played Kingmaker before, and probably won't again, not because of any balance issue, but because it felt like I was useless, superfluous to the game. At least in a normal game I have a vote that counts for something.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”