Blitz 13 - Bad Omens (Judgment)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 5

2 Anxiety Attack (Wisdom, OceanWind)
2 LucianRoy (MattP, hi im Yakko)
2 OceanWind (Anxiety Attack, LucianRoy)
1 pisskop (Usted)
1 Wisdom (pisskop)

1 Unvote (Ranger)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2015-12-16 14:00:00), on Wednesday, December 16 at 2:00 pm EST.

Last edited by Ether on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Anxiety Attack
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Anxiety Attack »

In post 124, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 122, OceanWind wrote:
In post 116, Anxiety Attack wrote:Like Ocean, I don't feel like you did anything to sort my alignment before you decided I was scum with someone else. I had only made 4 posts, ika hasn't posted yet, Ranger hasn't and you are already calling scumteams. It's like you know my alignment already and don't care what it is. You just want me lynched.

And if anyone is buddying anyone in this game so far, it's you buddy MattP and maybe Wisdom. I mean you are calling them obvious town, saying they are giving off super strong towntells based on things you are assuming without asking.

Yeah, looks like your scumgame and how you treated me at the beginning of that game so I'm happy with my vote. I'll see what ika says when he gets here.

~SW

You keep saying I've "decided" that you are scum as if I've already cast a hammer vote. I think you are scum, yes. If you're town, then I expect I'll see it soon. I'm interacting with you and figuring you out now.

You did only have four posts which is why I didn't have much to say about you. You just don't feel like the town-SilverWolf I've played with in the newbie game. You don't have the fire to figure out the game. I don't see you aggressively scumhunting and trying to move the game forward. I see you mostly complaining about my and Wisdom's suspicion of you and saying that I didn't try to figure you out hard enough before "concluding" that you are scum. So what if I called the scumteam? That doesn't mean I can't change my mind and realize that you are town.

BS-The game barely started. You can't possibly have expected me to have anything figured out yet at the point you called me scum. You know what I see. I see your scumgame from newbie 1656 where you attacked me similarly right out of the gate, up to and including you talking about how you like to make waves and how you expect scum to come after you for your weak points, even though town me in that game, went after you and scum GM on both of your weak points on me.

So yeah, I feel like your scumread is BS and I'm saying so because I'm sure you know, scum have to fabricate scumreads on townies. Having said that, I'm gonna let ika catch up and see if he agrees with me and try to keep out of tunnel/confbias mode.

pedit: GM told you that in the Mafia PT of 1656 that I do that AS TOWN and you told her you were pushing me anyway so yeah, I do think you decided to do it again as scum. But thank you for acknowledging I push back hard against people who scumread me for bad reasons as town. Hell, even your reason for saying you wouldn't do that as scum is the EXACT excuse GM gave me as scum in that game.

~SW

Sorry Ether!!
Hydra of ika and SilverWolf
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by OceanWind »

Silver -
What do you think of Lucian?
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by OceanWind »

Would like your read on Yakko as well.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by OceanWind »

@hi im yakko -
Do you have any comments on Anxiety Attack's townread on Pisskop?
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Usted »

Alright so I am caught up on the thread. You guys Meta game way harder than I am used to but I will do my best to contribute (considering that I haven't researched any of your playstyles). Now, I find it strange that Pisskop would OMGUS me on an RVS vote. I can see that you guys don't fluff much so I will avoid doing that.

Now given that this is a chosen game I find is strange that no one has mentioned this. I think that scum will have to be extra cautious this game trying to not buddy or push too hard on individuals that are "chosen" seeing as how they are the only individuals that know who the chosen are.

About OceanWind saying that they are confident about and Anxiety/Lucian being a scum team this early on. Well, surely not. Experienced scum doesn't want to distance themselves from scum, they don't want to buddy scum, and they don't want to ignore scum either. This Lucian interactions with Anxiety is definitely interesting. However if they were scum buddies they would have tried to be more low key.

As for me still being on my RVS vote. Well I don't see a better place for it at the moment. Putting the slightest pressure on Pisskop and then posting some fluff was cause for a PL on me, come on now.

I could see switching to Lucian for the interactions that he had with Lucian (possibly Lucian was trying to associate with the Chosen townie in order to make town think they were scum friends). However I doubt sacrificing one chosen for one mafia would be inefficient, because town would really only have to hunt down one. But yeah surely scum isn't that bad.

My impression this game is that there are no TPR's (namely no doctor)
Day/ People alive / Max scum alive for town to not lose.
1 / 9 / 2
2 / 7 / 2
3 / 5 / 2
4 / 3 / 1

This of course somewhat ignores the chosen mechanic, but we need to hit scum at least once on days 1, 2 or 3. And hit both scum in 4 days. Also we win if we avoid lynching whoever the chosen are.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by OceanWind »

I'm a little less sure on SilverWolf based on her posts so far. I'll see how that develops. Much happier with my vote on Lucian.

UNVOTE: Anxiety Attack
VOTE: LucianRoy
Anxiety Attack
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by Anxiety Attack »

Ok, ika is here. im gonna read up again (i have loosely followed but not enough to really read).

Then im gonna sync with silver and help out. Any post i make, are my own thoughts at the moment. I do not plan on keeping it like that for long
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Usted »

I am finding Yakko to be extremely wishy washy. So far this is his voting record:
Wisdom (#7) (followed Pisskop in RVS)
MattP(#46) (Moving away from RVS and into a legitimate vote)
Lucian (#104) (Following OceanWind calling townread on MattP you change your vote to be on the same train as MattP)
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:10 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 88, MattP wrote:
In post 87, LucianRoy wrote:This game is giving me Anxiety.

I don't get it Matt, what's your justification on the vote?

I don't like this super rational protown way you're trying to present yourself both in your dissuading Ocean to pursue me and in you trying to get Wisdom to unvote Anxiety on page 2 of the game

Matt, coming from anyone else, I would've called this logic Bs, but I can see that you're a sensible guy, and sensible guys don't vote on account of whim. Especially on players that they're calling protown. Though this is far from the reason I was expecting, I'm actually reading you town for it. But what exactly about my defense/dissuasion/ whatever you want to call it do you find scummy?

I want to see more interaction between Ocean and Matt. I originally thought the meta jab from Ocean was SvT, but now I'm not so sure.

SW burst in here firing questions at Ocean's logic, and I have to say, they've managed to ignore me quite nicely. That makes me kind of sad on the inside, but remember when I asked where the salt for voting Ocean was coming from? I don't need an explanation now.

Ocean, I'll be frank in saying that pre-associative flips, even when a player has still yet to confirm, are pretty bad. I speak from experience.

In post 96, OceanWind wrote:Adding to that is the fact that I do find Lucian scummy. The way he's defending Matt in Post 69 doesn't come across as genuine. Firstly, he didn't even wait for Matt to respond before diving in, and secondly, even if he disagreed with my opinion, that isn't indicative of my alignment.

I didn't need to wait for Matt to respond to find a junky meta analysis scummy. It looked a lot like you were trying to get something out of Matt, (or possibly even posturing a vote over him), and that's what I found scummy. You said you even agreed with me disagreeing with you. That made me do a double take, and left me wondering if you even took yourself seriously.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:17 pm

Post by MattP »

There is a distinct difference between being protown and trying to look protown, fyi
SlappyKrust
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by OceanWind »

@LucianRoy -
How do you distinguish between town asking questions to figure out a player's alignment and scum asking questions to "posture for a vote?" If I was trying to "get something out of Matt," that fits with town motivation, doesn't it?

Re-reading my , I think I was unclear. I didn't say that I agreed with your vote on me. I said that I disagreed with everything you've done including your vote on me. "until this time" meant, "until the present time," not "until your vote."
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by MattP »

Like you playing the role of a grounded mediator when you have no knowledge of my intentions or alignment, or Anxiety's intentions or alignment, when we had both posted so little at the point you defended us, looks scummy precisely because it makes you look like some sort of voice of reason in a place where we shouldn't be at the point where your voice of reasoning is legitimized. Two pages into the game you shouldn't be telling a player that their vote needs to go somewhere else, and certainly not multiple times within those first few pages.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 47, LucianRoy wrote:
In post 45, Wisdom wrote:SW I'm expecting more from you, you're being rather underwhelming so far.

Wisdom, why does this sound like a reason for you to keep your RVS vote on Anxiety?

In post 55, LucianRoy wrote:
In post 53, Wisdom wrote:pedit: Where do you think my vote should be?

more pedit: pedit is @Lucian

I'm not sure, but I don't think it should be on Anxiety.

UNVOTE: Anxiety

And your socratic rhetoric is exceptional btw.

In post 69, LucianRoy wrote:Ocean, I'm not a fan of meta, but if MattP really wanted to have reads on those players, he could've whipped something up easily. Instead, he chose to play the "let's wait and see" game before jumping the gun on them. I'm doubting his caution is as bullshit as you say it is.

VOTE: Ocean

Like I don't think these sorts of WKing posts come from a legit place of no pre-knowledge of setup
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 134, LucianRoy wrote:I want to see more interaction between Ocean and Matt.

I think Ocean is town, so there you go.
SlappyKrust
Anxiety Attack
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by Anxiety Attack »

So me and silver have synced up.

Heres our read list:

1. Usted - town
2. Ranger - scum
3. Wisdom - null
4. OceanWind - town
5. Anxiety Attack (ika + SilverWolf hydra) - chosen town
6. pisskop - town
7. MattP - null scum
8. hi im Yakko - null scum
9. LucianRoy - null town

now obviously we have way too many null/scum reads so I am gonna be here for a bit with silver to try to sort them out and have her help me and vice versa.

Open for questions as well

-ika
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by MattP »

Killer reads yo, thanks for sharing on pg 6
SlappyKrust
Anxiety Attack
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Anxiety Attack »

In post 141, MattP wrote:Killer reads yo, thanks for sharing on pg 6

Do you disagree with any of it and if so which ones. I knwo your gonna default disagree with yor won so talk to me about the others or tell me why interjecting all the time when sw was talking to others is in any way town
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 142, Anxiety Attack wrote:
In post 141, MattP wrote:Killer reads yo, thanks for sharing on pg 6

Do you disagree with any of it and if so which ones. I knwo your gonna default disagree with yor won so talk to me about the others or tell me why interjecting all the time when sw was talking to others is in any way town

I interjected once because I thought what he was saying was redundant, and frankly, stupid and unnecessary :roll: I thought it was scummy the first time it was suggested by Lucian and I thought it was scummy the second time. You're assuming by availability heuristic that I am a person who interjects trains of thought to derail meaningful conversation and that somehow has negative and intentioned implications and disregarding all the trains of conversation happening in-thread that I have
not
involved myself in. I thought Ocean was town before your push on him based on Ocean's push on me, even if I thought Ocean's push on me was silly - but I didn't interfere with you engaging him.

I obviously disagree with your Lucian read. I don't care right now about any of your other reads.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by MattP »

Also that was really sassy, I'm sorry. I've been studying STD's all day and I'm in a sassy mood
SlappyKrust
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 130, Usted wrote:I could see switching to Lucian for the interactions that he had with Lucian

I know, my interactions with Lucian were pretty telling weren't they? :-)
Shut up Lucian, that's only something scum would say.

In post 136, OceanWind wrote:
@LucianRoy -
How do you distinguish between town asking questions to figure out a player's alignment and scum asking questions to "posture for a vote?" If I was trying to "get something out of Matt," that fits with town motivation, doesn't it?

Well, usually I'd be judging whether or not there's malicious intent behind the post. At the time, it looked to me like you had whipped something together to try and make a push on Matt. I didn't like it, so I voted it.

Re-reading my , I think I was unclear. I didn't say that I agreed with your vote on me. I said that I disagreed with everything you've done including your vote on me. "until this time" meant, "until the present time," not "until your vote."

I'm still uncertain of what you just said. Layman's terms, please.

In post 137, MattP wrote:Like you playing the role of a grounded mediator when you have no knowledge of my intentions or alignment, or Anxiety's intentions or alignment, when we had both posted so little at the point you defended us, looks scummy precisely because it makes you look like some sort of voice of reason in a place where we shouldn't be at the point where your voice of reasoning is legitimized. Two pages into the game you shouldn't be telling a player that their vote needs to go somewhere else, and certainly not multiple times within those first few pages.

I was merely trying to convey to wisdom that I had towny vibes off Anxiety, and I largely voted Ocean because I had towny vibes off you. I just acted on them in attempts to see where they would take me. Obviously no where good...
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Anxiety Attack
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by Anxiety Attack »

In post 143, MattP wrote:-snip-

Well i can be sassy too, you interjected twice but that's besides the point. I may have been considering there were more then just the 2 instances i looked at but its done already.

What about the lucian read do you disagree about. More specifically to ask, what make you think he is null or scum? If its in your iso tell me and i can go look because i might have missed it.

I understand you ahev finals and stuff so it can put you a little on tilt but i willsay this here and what i told SW, deep breath take a moment to collect your thoughts and then post. It helps me a lot when all i want to do it be putburt and emotional and snarky even.
Anxiety Attack
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Anxiety Attack »

Lucian do you have a read list that you could make like i did?
Anxiety Attack
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by Anxiety Attack »

A lot of your reads seems scattered and i would like a more set one so i knwo where you stand.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by MattP »

I really need to get back to studying for the night so I cant continue right now Lucian.

Anxiety, my feelings about Lucian are in my iso, you can probably ctrl + f to find them.
SlappyKrust

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”