toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 73, MoosyDoosy wrote:@toolenduso: do you have any thoughts on moosy?

I do! But I am not giving them out atm.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 36, MoosyDoosy wrote:hawkleader3's opening was awkward as hell and how he immediately backed off was terribad.

These were my immediate thoughts when I read the page 1 exchange between hawkleader3 and Syndesis. In particular, I disliked , as Syndesis did not give what was in my opinion an adequate reason for voting him. It felt as if hawkleader3 over-anticipated the validity of Syndesis' push, due to knowledge of his own scum alignment!

Additionally, in , I do not agree with his assessment of MoosyDoosy's trio of posts. It appears he is finding poor excuses to place a vote, which is consistent with his earlier awkward stances around voting.

VOTE: hawkleader3

Indeed, I also dislike Metrion's . His RV seems out of place considering that there is currently a serious wagon already taking place.

In post 65, Metrion wrote:Anyway, exactly what is scummy about having a chipper first post, Tool?

This soft defense of hawkleader3 is unaccompanied by any kind of clarification of his stance.

I feel that, especially if hawkleader3 is scum-aligned, Metrion is likely to be scum-aligned!

I believe both MoosyDoosy and Syndesis to be town-aligned, their posts seem easygoing and to represent a casual train-of-thought process which is more likely to come from town.

Toolenduso seems guarded, as if he has something to hide.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 55, davesaz wrote:
In post 53, toolenduso wrote:
Then there's the fact that we're in RVS, which also explains his entrance.

Just to clarify, you're referring to being in RVS at the time of the posts which are now being analyzed, right?
Most would say that we're talking about motivations and analysis now, which would mean it isn't random any more -- though there may still be pockets of quirk. ;)

What do you think about Swordsworth's entrance, does it make him likely to be scum-aligned or town-aligned?

Personally, I think it makes him likely to be town-aligned. The idea of him trying to participate in RVS while not understanding how it is beneficial worries me at first, but sounds very genuine. I feel that if Swordsworth was scum-aligned, he would be afraid to admit that he didn't understand why RVS (a site custom) was used.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by Syndesis »

That looks like L-2?
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 78, Syndesis wrote:That looks like L-2?

Yes, I believe so!
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by TheCow »

k gonna break this up for my own sanity. So to begin with, the hawke wagon looks legit. I think its at L-2 or 1 right now, so I'm not gonna touch it yet just to be safe. What I don't like is all of this revoting. Always revoting to a player already on the wagon but switching it up. So as I said, the Swords wagon was the "safe" choice, since it was about equal in size, but then he switched over to moosy. My guess is that he switched wagons to preemptively board what would be a wagon.

Several players were asking others for thoughts on that specific player, so would it be too much of a stretch to think that this player would soon become a wagon? No, I don't believe so.

Anyway, I don't see why questions of this sort are being asked. Personally, I use that sort of deal to fearmonger as town or to "fluff" as scum. I don't see where this is going.

Moosy is a solid null, though. He's joking around in ways that touch on the game tangentially and I like that -- though it isn't alignment indicative.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by Syndesis »

Spoilered for size.

Spoiler: usually as the game goes on I quotewall less
In post 31, MoosyDoosy wrote:@Swordsworth, explain your vote onto hawkleader3 plzerino?

This is actually the question I was about to ask.

In post 36, MoosyDoosy wrote:hawkleader3's opening was awkward as hell and how he immediately backed off was terribad

Serioisly, are you me?

In post 32, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Just curious, is everyone here brand new?

For certain definitions of new.

In post 47, Swordsworth wrote:Well hawkleader, you say this is the most boring part of the game and that you're eager to get it out of the way, so then you flop your vote on me? That doesn't strike me well.

I agree with the sentiments in this post but something about it bothers me.

In post 64, hawkleader3 wrote:VOTE: MoosyDoosy until I get a clear understanding of what just happened to him

This is a weird vote and a weird post.

In post 66, toolenduso wrote:Wasn't aware that people did it at L-2 as a rule. My vote's for L-1, that way scum doesn't get info on town PRs unless it's totally necessary to prevent town from lynching a PR.

Interesting choice of wording...?
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

In post 75, toolenduso wrote:

Why not? I don't see the strategy there. Unless you want to lynch Moosy next, but you are waiting for me to get lynched to make sure half of the people on my lynch list don't leave for Moosy and neither of the two get close to being lynched. What's your thoughts on Moosy?
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by MoosyDoosy »

iranoavp goes to the no-lynch pile for now. Imma have to look at Syndesis again later. Disappointed that you guys are reading me as town lol. Might have to do crazier shit later on to have you guys lynch me.

Also interested in what hawkleader does. He's at L-2 and he did just happen to ask when claiming should begin...

On that note, I'm infamous for not reading OP's correctly. If I'm right, there's no list of possible roles in the game and they're selected at random right?
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

I shall claim when I'm at L-1
Soapbar
Soapbar
Goon
Soapbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Soapbar »

toolenduso wrote:

And the reasons for this are?

You act like you've got something on Moosey from the way your constantly asking people about him, either that or you
really
want a read on him for one reason or another.
Soapbar
Soapbar
Goon
Soapbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by Soapbar »

EBWOP: To clarify, I'm not saying that trying to get a read on the guy is nesscarily bad, but constantly asking people what they think of him instead of just giving us your own conclusions seems really odd to me.
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by TheCow »

maybe he'll claim daycop Image
Soapbar
Soapbar
Goon
Soapbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by Soapbar »

I don't know why, but I'd laugh at that for some reason
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by Syndesis »

In post 88, Soapbar wrote:
I don't know why
, but I'd laugh at that for some reason

I swear, everyone and their weirdly scummy phrasing
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 81, Syndesis wrote:Spoilered for size.

Spoiler: usually as the game goes on I quotewall less
In post 31, MoosyDoosy wrote:@Swordsworth, explain your vote onto hawkleader3 plzerino?

This is actually the question I was about to ask.

In post 36, MoosyDoosy wrote:hawkleader3's opening was awkward as hell and how he immediately backed off was terribad

Serioisly, are you me?

In post 32, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Just curious, is everyone here brand new?

For certain definitions of new.

In post 47, Swordsworth wrote:Well hawkleader, you say this is the most boring part of the game and that you're eager to get it out of the way, so then you flop your vote on me? That doesn't strike me well.

I agree with the sentiments in this post but something about it bothers me.

In post 64, hawkleader3 wrote:VOTE: MoosyDoosy until I get a clear understanding of what just happened to him

This is a weird vote and a weird post.

In post 66, toolenduso wrote:Wasn't aware that people did it at L-2 as a rule. My vote's for L-1, that way scum doesn't get info on town PRs unless it's totally necessary to prevent town from lynching a PR.

Interesting choice of wording...?

So your push was serious and not a joke and I read it correctly?
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Syndesis »

My push was as serious as RVS pushes get, which is not particularly serious. It was mostly a joke until hawk reacted in a ~super scummy~ way. Now it's a serious push though.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 77, iraonavp wrote:
What do you think about Swordsworth's entrance, does it make him likely to be scum-aligned or town-aligned?

The userid is new, created specifically to sign up for this game, if you look at the join date and date of first post. It's possible that he's from another site drawn here by this game. It's also possible that it's an "alt" userid of an experienced player, trying to appear new by not knowing custom. In either case, I'd have to say it's not alignment indicative. For the brand new user, there is no site background, and acting new is how you build an alt when you don't want people to catch on to your main id, regardless of what alignment you get in your first game.

I don't agree with reading newness like this as town "because scum would be afraid to act that way". True new players won't know what is scummy, so won't know what to avoid.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 89, Syndesis wrote:
I don't know why

I believe you've said this several times. Makes me wonder if you're sending those players a message of some kind.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:59 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 83, MoosyDoosy wrote:
On that note, I'm infamous for not reading OP's correctly. If I'm right, there's no list of possible roles in the game and they're selected at random right?

The roles in the game are crafted carefully to balance the town vs. scum, and then assigned randomly to whatever players sign up.

But I must ask, why do you feel it's necessary to mention you're infamous for that?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 64, hawkleader3 wrote:

The quickest way to get out of RVS is to vote random people and get a read on their reactions. Many people have already done so to me. I voted Syn and she seemed the one who was most actively scumhunting. I unvoted her, decided to vote someone else at random, and your name just happened to be there.

MoosyDoosy wrote:
In post 59, toolenduso wrote:
In post 58, TheCow wrote:whoa wagons are happening

Very much so, yes. Thoughts on Moosy specifically would be appreciated when you make your post.

Moosy is pushing on the easiest wagons in the thread right now in an attempt to mislead the thread.
MoosyDoosy wrote:Oh wait, that was such a Mafia oriented post! Oh wait, he's self conscious! Mafia!
MoosyDoosy wrote:oh wait, he might be town screwing around! But he might have expected that as Mafia which is why he's acting that way!

So i have no clue what this happened. This little mishap/joke is either a scum slip or a bad mafia player. He gives me more reasons to vote him than Swordsworth.

VOTE: MoosyDoosy until I get a clear understanding of what just happened to him

and should we start the claims at L-2 or L-1?

You just keep posting scummy posts.

This just feels like more attempts at appeasing and you are utterly ignoring the mounting pressure on your slot. VOTE: hawkleader3

NOTE: That places him at L-1
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 89, Syndesis wrote:
I don't know why

Why do you find that particular phrasing scummy?
Swordsworth
Swordsworth
Townie
Swordsworth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Swordsworth »

Just to get it out of the way, I know the basics of mafia, but I am entirely new to this site. At least the BBcode is intuitive.

At Syndesis' , I dislike your description of my post. What rubs you the wrong way about it? Are you being so general due to a gut feeling, or because you're laying out the possibility and suggestion of me not having a town agenda so that you can refer back to it later on?
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

Thank god. Claim time. My claim................is jailkeeper. That's why I was nervous before. I didn't want to be suspected of killed easily on the first day before my powers were put to good use. Oh well. It seems as if it's no use. I deal with pressure, I get voted on. I ignore pressure, I get voted on. So now it seems like everyone's just trying to find out who my scum partner is at this point because it's confirmed I'm scum. If this doesn't change your mind, I'm afraid nothing will.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 75, toolenduso wrote:

You ask others for opinions on a slot that has posted thus far rather chaotically but refuse to actually share your own thoughts or even why you are asking. Are you trying to gauge how town will take your push...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”