Newbie 1673: University of Mafiascum Class 108 - D4- OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Kahlan »

In post 198, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:

@Kahlan
You could say that I've voted for people who have voted for me, except you would have to forget about Ness(who voted for me but I have not voted) and newbie (who I have voted for but has not voted for me). But it is false to state that I am/have been voting people because they have been voting me. I have given a plethora of reasons for each of my targets, and, as it is still (at least in my mind) RVS (as I have not completely sorted all the players yet), my votes are following people who I have not yet sorted in some form or fashion.

And the fact that you bring up how quiet I've been as well as the fallacious argument that my votes have merely been OMGUS, but somehow fail to mention drixxs absence (which I should note that drixx has been straight up absent from the game, instead of just quiet) is a point towards this being told to you in scum private chat. I think you likely would have noticed these other things should you have come to this discovery on your own.

Who would tell you this, I am not sure, there are two people that come to mind immediately from begging response from the guy pushing the Dom wagon and distracting from the absence of the IC.

I am waiting on mr dominator, at the moment, and quite patiently, but should he be absent much longer my patience will wear thin. The RVS vote drop and go as well his continued absence makes me more and more likely to believe we have a bad case of lurker scum.

You are right I probably should have asked where Drixx is because he has been missing too and he is the IC and he still didn't answer one of my question from the beginning of the game but you must fail to see that he didn't make as many post as you had been. To me You have been the most demanding in your posting or most likely to make a immediate attack/counter post in this forum. I was just curious as to way you were slowing down or posting less. I was just pointing it out because it doesn't seem like your style thus far. You just don't seem like the waiting quietly/patiently type. Especially when you've have constantly stated you want the attention of the read to come you.

In post 48, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:

Me pushing you attracts attention to me, not pushing it away.

In post 95, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:

My questions push my reads my way.
If you've got a problem with that, replace out or get over it. You can't have a solid flow of questions and thoughts that lead somewhere if you don't have somewhere to start and it's really foolish to just progressively push one person all game long.

Quote Tags Fixed. ~.Zar
Last edited by Zar on Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:32 am

Post by Workdawg »

Uh, the quotes above are pretty screwed up... Can you try and post that again?
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:46 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Prodge
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Workdawg »

-_-
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:51 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Woah. Don't understand the attack on Kahlan
VOTE: Extrapolated Mafia
PEdit: gonna try to catch up but may not today.
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:52 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 50, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 49, Drixx wrote:
In post 46, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:I find drixx's seeming lack of attempt to discuss the actually alignment indicative disturbing.

Now you have my vote for serious.

I very clearly said that either alignment might make a post ensuring it was okay to start the game; however, scum would do so to make a positive impression in people's minds. Since there is no objective way to know just from the original post, I put something in my first post to get reactions.

Thank you for firming up your scummy reaction. You are entirely way too focused on what I'm thinking than you are on trying to interact with people and start to sort them. Your posts reveal a mindset that does not feel town motivated in any way whatsoever.

Yes. And that was noted. It has also been noted that you have nothing to say as far as actual reads are concerned, as I stated before. I do not see how pushing you to share your thoughts on the current game state is scummy, but now that you have clearly stated you have no intention in sharing those things and contributing to the thread except to discourage people from interacting with your IIoA (information over analysis) I have a scum read on you as well.

FoS Drixx

I would still like you to interact with the thread and share your thoughts instead of just chatting about theory and how you will help us with it, however. The other one might not be scum and interactions help me find your scum buddy.

and the OMGUS
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:56 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 64, newbieinmafia wrote:Hi guys,
It seems like we should be out of RVS so I won't be voting.
For now, I find EE over-analyzing or reaching. Kahlan didn't threaten to vote you because you are voting her. She merely defended herself. But I am not sure if EE's jumping to conclusion is scummy or not so I am not willing to put him at L-1. I find it too early since someone can accidentally (or scum) hammer to end the day early.
I find most others (Usted, Drixx and Kahlan; although I agree with EE that Kahlan uses her newbie card a lot) null except Dominator.
@Dominator Why join the wagon and park your vote if you are V/LA?
FoS: Dominator

I am not voting Dom because he's V/LA and I don't want to push someone who might not be there.

Also, to someone who asked how much experience we have, I don't have much but I have been reading a few games here and played a game here a few months ago but I replaced out due to not having enough time.

My vote was RVS.
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:56 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 65, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 64, newbieinmafia wrote:Hi guys,
It seems like we should be out of RVS so I won't be voting.
For now, I find EE over-analyzing or reaching. Kahlan didn't threaten to vote you because you are voting her. She merely defended herself. But I am not sure if EE's jumping to conclusion is scummy or not so I am not willing to put him at L-1. I find it too early since someone can accidentally (or scum) hammer to end the day early.
I find most others (Usted, Drixx and Kahlan; although I agree with EE that Kahlan uses her newbie card a lot) null except Dominator.
@Dominator Why join the wagon and park your vote if you are V/LA?
FoS: Dominator

I am not voting Dom because he's V/LA and I don't want to push someone who might not be there.

Also, to someone who asked how much experience we have, I don't have much but I have been reading a few games here and played a game here a few months ago but I replaced out due to not having enough time.

FoS instead of Vote is nasty. I don't like how not solid this is on anything. Pretty much no stances taken and no vote.

VOTE: newbieinmafia

Let's go here instead.

Vote hopping.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Kahlan »

@workdawg sorry about the mess up. I'm trying to do type this all out on my phone. It's a bit harder than I thought it would be... Here is the fixed post.
In post 200, Kahlan wrote:
In post 198, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:

@Kahlan
You could say that I've voted for people who have voted for me, except you would have to forget about Ness(who voted for me but I have not voted) and newbie (who I have voted for but has not voted for me). But it is false to state that I am/have been voting people because they have been voting me. I have given a plethora of reasons for each of my targets, and, as it is still (at least in my mind) RVS (as I have not completely sorted all the players yet), my votes are following people who I have not yet sorted in some form or fashion.

And the fact that you bring up how quiet I've been as well as the fallacious argument that my votes have merely been OMGUS, but somehow fail to mention drixxs absence (which I should note that drixx has been straight up absent from the game, instead of just quiet) is a point towards this being told to you in scum private chat. I think you likely would have noticed these other things should you have come to this discovery on your own.

Who would tell you this, I am not sure, there are two people that come to mind immediately from begging response from the guy pushing the Dom wagon and distracting from the absence of the IC.

I am waiting on mr dominator, at the moment, and quite patiently, but should he be absent much longer my patience will wear thin. The RVS vote drop and go as well his continued absence makes me more and more likely to believe we have a bad case of lurker scum.

You are right I probably should have asked where Drixx is because he has been missing too and he is the IC and he still didn't answer one of my question from the beginning of the game but you must fail to see that he didn't make as many post as you had been. To me You have been the most demanding in your posting or most likely to make a immediate attack/counter post in this forum. I was just curious as to way you were slowing down or posting less. I was just pointing it out because it doesn't seem like your style thus far. You just don't seem like the waiting quietly/patiently type. Especially when you've have constantly stated you want the attention of the read to come you.

In post 48, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:

Me pushing you attracts attention to me, not pushing it away.

In post 95, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:

My questions push my reads my way.
If you've got a problem with that, replace out or get over it. You can't have a solid flow of questions and thoughts that lead somewhere if you don't have somewhere to start and it's really foolish to just progressively push one person all game long.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:36 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 206, TheDominator37 wrote:My vote was RVS.

It's not so random since you joined the wagon and put him at L-2. If EE wagon had somehow developed to an early lynch, yours would be the one without even interacting with EE as you would be in V/LA.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:34 am

Post by Workdawg »

I will be V/LA THROUGH Saturday.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Drixx »

I'm around Zar... I just didn't have anything to add and people were talking about interesting things that made me think. I do that sometimes.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

Oh good. I like my vote on Mr Dom. I think I'll keep it there for a bit. Let me know when you catch up mr scum.
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 209, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 206, TheDominator37 wrote:My vote was RVS.

It's not so random since you joined the wagon and put him at L-2. If EE wagon had somehow developed to an early lynch, yours would be the one without even interacting with EE as you would be in V/LA.

Good think I'm still on extrapolating Mafia. ;)
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by Kahlan »

Hey sorry all I just looked at my last post again and I didn't post it very well. I'll try and fix it tomorrow. Happy New Year!

~~~. I think I've untangled the quote tags. ~.Zar
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:07 am

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 6
Extrapolated Eagle (3): Drixx, Workdawg, TheDominator37

Drixx (2): Usted, N e s s
N e s s (2): Newbieinmafia, soulmonarch
TheDominator37 (1): Extrapolated Eagle

Not Voting (1)
: Kahlan

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Tuesday January 12, 2016 2:30 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-12 14:30:00)

TheDominator37 is V/LA until Saturday
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Kahlan »

In post 214, Kahlan wrote:Hey sorry all I just looked at my last post again and I didn't post it very well. I'll try and fix it tomorrow. Happy New Year!

~~~. I think I've untangled the quote tags. ~.Zar

Thanks @Zar for fixing my post.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Drixx »

Interesting vote count, especially with the context of how it got that way.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:35 am

Post by Usted »

In post 184, N e s s wrote:@usted

"Whoa he's scum but we shouldn't kill him now!"

Who does that? If i'm scum in your eyes, why aren't you voting me?

And if you're onto me for voting Drixx, why are you STILL voting him?

Did you miss the post where I said that I thought both you and drixx were scum? Sorry I can't vote for both of you. Asking for votes though is a scum thing to do. Also you are putting words in my mouth. With qoutes even. If you want to quote what I say use the quote feature on these forums. Don't twist my words and put that in qoutes.

@Drixx
How often do days go until deadline? I am more used to playing Mafia games that have a blitz format.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Usted »

I would like to point out that 2/3 votes on EE are from RVS.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Drixx »

There's not a standard for how long a day phase goes. Obviously there's a deadline. In some games the days never get near the deadline and in other games it's almost always down to the deadline.

RE #219 - And?
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:43 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 217, Drixx wrote:Interesting vote count, especially with the context of how it got that way.

What's interesting about it?
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

Alright. We're about a week into the game, and I think there's enough content out here to begin discussing reads. So I went back and reread the thread, and here's what I've got:

Usted: interesting. I liked his first post and I thought his vote showed a certain fear that I have often felt- a reservation that causes one towards being biased towards reading another player as scum- wd s signature states that he has not yet lost as scum and tbh this intimidated me a bit as well. So I gave him a quick town read at the start. However his tone suddenly changed and I don't see a fear or heightened awareness of work dawgs posts that I get when reading them, so this makes me cautious of usted. At the same time, he does seem to have his head screwed on properly for the most part and I do like how he seems to be trying to figure the game out. He will be a bit harder to read. Null town.

Newbie seems quite intelligent and invested in a way. I like her caution, I don't necessarily agree with what she says all the time, but she shares opinions and I liked her response to my vote on her. Town.

Soul seems not afraid of disagreements and seems like they want the truth more than they are afraid of being lynched. I like they're posts. I would not lynch soul today if my life depended on it, unless they do something really scummy.

Work dash hasn't posted too much but I like a lot of what they have posted. For the most part. Something felt indescribably off about their first post, but their frustration with kahlan seemed genuine and I don't think they would be scum with k if they were scum. Null.

Ness is maybe town. I'm not sure. He seems kinda confused and lost. He frequently changes his mind and jumps and flips like crazy. Some of his stuff is scummy, but I'm going to hold off on pushing him until I get confirmation he feels solid in his play. NULL. Hard null. Maybe scum null. I'm not sure.

Drixx is nasty. A lot of nope there. But he might being IC things. I still don't understand his first post all the way or really feel like I understand what he's saying at all so I'll stay off for now. I do have to say I don't like that he seems to be withholding information, but again, he seems to be doing things I straight up don't understand.

The Dom is also nasty. A huge amount of nope there. Not interested in sharing it appears. Lurks quite a bit. I would totally lynch this today if they don't show up.

Kahlan. Ew. Still probably scum, IMO. Seriously, look at these two posts
Spoiler:
In post 38, Usted wrote:However Kahlan I would like to know the same thing EE has asked several times. Why question my vote, but cast the same vote as drixx. Drixx said his vote was for obvious reasons, but I don't see the reason. (Common to vote the person with /first post?)

Drixx, I know your vote was RVS, but why EE?

In post 40, Kahlan wrote:@usted I think you have some good points. Although dominator said in his first post v/la ( which I think mean vacation/ limited access?) I would say that's why he hasn't been posting? Then again why come in and just vote and not take part in more post? Maybe your on to something Usted. Maybe dominator is staying quiet so we will fight against each other

Usted asks her a question he wants answered that, as he pointed out, I had asked several times, and instead of answering, she responds by deflecting onto Dom.

On top of constantly and conveniently misunderstanding almost everything (like framing wd for saying we shouldn't give town cred for asking newbie questions), she is far too often reminding us of her status as a new player. Instead of playing the game and looking for reads she attacks those who attack her and backs off when they back off. OMGUS at its finest.

VOTE: Kahlan

Questions/requests:
Ness- reread thread and share thoughts, please. Make sure you're sure if the thoughts you share before you share them.

Drixx I honestly don't know what you're doing, but if you could share thoughts atm, that would be cool.

Dom - participate pls. Reads would be nice. Or claim scum. That works too.

Usted/newbie/soul/work dawg - reads lists. We've got a week left I think or something close. It would be good to start gettting on the same page I think.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Drixx »

The wagons have been odd. Usted jumped on me for dubious reasons, at best, and Ness sheeped onto it, and then Ness got wagoned. I feel like there's something just out of reach there to figure out.
soulmonarch
soulmonarch
Goon
soulmonarch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:26 am

Post by soulmonarch »

Quick post here and I'll be back later this evening:

In post 222, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
Soul seems not afraid of disagreements and seems like they want the truth more than they are afraid of being lynched. I like they're posts. I would not lynch soul today if my life depended on it, unless they do something really scummy.

Aw, thanks! I think.

I kinda spent most of my first game (town) in fear of being misunderstood and lynched and I let it color a lot of what I said. Looking back on it, I realize I was just hurting my team in the long run.

In post 222, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
The Dom is also nasty. A huge amount of nope there. Not interested in sharing it appears. Lurks quite a bit. I would totally lynch this today if they don't show up.

Damn. I hate to admit this, but Dom is
reeeeeaaaaalllly
quiet. Like -- active lurker quiet.

Regardless of my feelings on anyone else here, I can't ignore that. It's nearing policy lynch status, which bothers me immensely.
[i]"I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my 'run' key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive."[/i]

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”