Newbie 1673: University of Mafiascum Class 108 - D4- OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 299, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Crap. He was calling soul scum. Ugh. My bad there, sorry. :/.

It's okay. I will address though that I am usually cautious in the beginning. I don't say everything I want to because I don't want to influence the conversation or perhaps cut them off too early.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 11, Ammended
N e s s (3): soulmonarch, Workdawg, Extrapolated Eagle

Drixx (2): Usted, N e s s
Extrapolated Eagle (1): TheDominator37
TheDominator37 (1): Kahlan

Not Voting (2)
: newbieinmafia, Drixx

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Tuesday January 12, 2016 2:30 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-12 14:30:00)

Spoiler: Incorrect VC
Day 1, Votecount 11
N e s s (3): soulmonarch
, Workdawg, Extrapolated Eagle

Extrapolated Eagle (2): Drixx, TheDominator37

Not Voting (1)
: newbieinmafia

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Last edited by Zar on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

@zar, I believe drixx unvoted.

~.Fixed. ~~~.Zar
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Workdawg »

@Drixx
- Where do you stand on TheDom?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 303, Workdawg wrote:
@Drixx
- Where do you stand on TheDom?

He's close to prod range and I hope he gets replaced out and we get someone who will interact and be possible to read in the slot. I don't think we can afford to leave the current player alive till endgame, and I loathe the idea of potentially wasting a mislynch on the slot. We only get two mislynches and wasting one on ensuring a lurksack doesn't cost us the game isn't my idea of prudence.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:07 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

@Zar, can you prod Usted and Dominator? Usted has not posted for more than 48 hours and Dominator almost 48 hours.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 12
N e s s (3): soulmonarch, Workdawg, Extrapolated Eagle

Not Voting (2)
: newbieinmafia, Drixx

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Zar »

Prodding Usted and TheDominator37
Show

Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Usted »

I'm here. Just don't have much to contribute. I would be in favor of finding a replacement for Dom. And also

UNVOTE:
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Usted »

With Kahlan ignoring the RVS of Dom while questioning mine, and then as drixx pointed out easily deciding to push against Dom I would say that I want to vote Kahlan. Suggesting policy lynch in your first game ever isn't too solid. You want to learn how to scum hunt, not just get by. I really do think that some of her inconsistency is scummy.

VOTE: kahlan
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by Kahlan »

In post 310, Kahlan wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 280, Kahlan wrote:
In post 278, soulmonarch wrote:
In post 276, Kahlan wrote:
In post 273, TheDominator37 wrote:
In post 266, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 265, TheDominator37 wrote:Why not?

There are a few I wouldn't mind lynching but I haven't narrowed it down.

What I'm asking is why not me?

Looks like The Dom wants to be lynched.. @TheDom Guilty of being scum or just tried of playing the game? I'll keep my vote on him for now.

*sigh*
That's the rub: He apparently plays pretty much all his games like this -- at least all the ones I looked at -- so it isn't much of a tell either way.

The odds say he only has about a 20% chance of drawing a scum roll. So even though he's more likely to be town, we are forced to confront the fact that he may be so useless that *not* lynching him will actually lose us the game due to his bad play. (Scum certainly won't nightkill someone like that.) Of course, there is the proportionally smaller chance that he really
is
scum -- which would only make allowing him to live even more galling.

Hence, killing him is a "policy lynch", because in many ways we had no other option. In the worst case, scum stays at full strength and we start D2 nothing to discuss but the choice of nightkill -- but at least it rids us of a useless player who is essentially sabotaging the game for us. At the absolute best, he flips scum and we feel some measure of satisfaction -- not a terribly likely circumstance and the only information we gain from it is the knowledge that the other scum never had much of a partner in the first place. (To be honest, I think that actually makes them much harder to spot.)

I consider what he's doing as tantamount to MafiaScum trolling, but to my knowledge there is no rule against it.

That is so lame. Why play the game then? What's the point in playing if you only read half the post and only reply with one or two lines at most. He should be policy lynched for bring the town down if he is town. Although if he isn't town and turns out to be scum that would be good for us. I see that it would be hard to determine if he is scum or not base on his other games but I haven't looked that those.

@the dom why even play a game that you don't seem invested in? Not very fun in my mind. If you are town, why are you so willing to get lynched?

Okay so I re-read my post. I did forget a maybe in there. I wasn't trying to seem like scum. I was merely curious as to way someone would play the way he is/was playing. I may have worded it wrong but at the time in my head it made since. In the rules at the beginning we are told to treat this game as a commitment and to have fun. Now with how the Dom has been posting only a few words or lines and no reads. It seemed to me that he is not treating this much like a somewhat commitment and in my eyes it doesn't look like a very fun way to play. Which in return doesn't help our town. Now I did read about policy lynching on the mafia wiki and though I don't completely understand it though in my mind it could help the game flowing especially when someone isn't helping the town. I'm not sure on why everyone seems to hate it so much. Can someone please dumb it down for me and explain why policy lynching isn't a good thing to do at the beginning of the game?

@usted I wasn't trying to ignore the Dom RVS. I was a little more than distracted with arguing and fighting with EE. You are right in the fact the I should have said something about his vote then question him in someway but I didn't probably cause I didn't know what to ask or what to do. At the beginning I was posting slower and was waiting for reply from each post I wrote. I now realize that was probably stupid of me but that was then now I try my best to collaborate reads and participate.

So it looks like the Dom might possibly be replace.wither or not that is going happens I feel like I need to make a new reads list but it will have to wait until later though. Too late and I'm very tired.
As for now I'll UNVOTE: thedom [\unvote] and see what happens tomorrow. I'll also try my best to come up with some actual questions in order to scum hunt. I now see that is one of my mistakes in playing this game I'm not analyzing and questioning lies I probab should be.

Spoiler Tag fixed. ~~~.Zar
Last edited by Zar on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Post by Kahlan »

@zar I'm not sure why my font changed colors on me. I'm not sure what color everyone else see but it's Orange on my black background. :/
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:32 am

Post by Kahlan »

UNVOTE: the Dom
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

The game has gotten pretty stale for me and it's nearing the deadline so I will put Ness back to L-1.
I think it's the best thing I could do under the circumstances.

VOTE: Ness

Ness is now at L-1.

Please do not hammer before stating an intent to hammer and give others more time to discuss.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 13
N e s s (4): soulmonarch, Workdawg, Extrapolated Eagle, newbieinmafia

Drixx (1): N e s s
Kahlan (1): Usted

Not Voting (2)
: Drixx, Kahlan

Deadline
Countdown to deadline
Last edited by Zar on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 313, newbieinmafia wrote:The game has gotten pretty stale for me and it's nearing the deadline so I will put Ness back to L-1.

Ness is now at L-1.

Please do not hammer before stating an intent to hammer and give others more time to discuss.

For what reasoning? How is that the best thing you could do when looking for reads?

This is scum here folks, your band wagoning me for litterally no reasoning/not giving any feedback as to why this is. You'll enjoy my flip guys,
newbie is mafia after i'm lynched.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Zar »

Prodding soulmonarch
Show

newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 315, N e s s wrote:For what reasoning? How is that the best thing you could do when looking for reads?

This is scum here folks, your band wagoning me for litterally no reasoning/not giving any feedback as to why this is. You'll enjoy my flip guys, newbie is mafia after i'm lynched.

The reason I unvote was because I don't want to put you at L-1 early. My reason for scum reading you still stand despite me thinking you might be newbtown.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

didn't*
soulmonarch
soulmonarch
Goon
soulmonarch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by soulmonarch »

Sorry Zar, I've been checking the thread every few hours, but nothing
happening
darn it.

In post 315, N e s s wrote:
In post 313, newbieinmafia wrote:The game has gotten pretty stale for me and it's nearing the deadline so I will put Ness back to L-1.

Ness is now at L-1.

For what reasoning? How is that the best thing you could do when looking for reads?

This is scum here folks, your band wagoning me for litterally no reasoning/not giving any feedback as to why this is. You'll enjoy my flip guys,
newbie is mafia after i'm lynched.

Dude, you've let it go this long without giving the people what they have been asking you for, why are you surprised she put her vote back on you? Newb has been pretty transparent so far about this.

The way I'm seeing it right now:

- I could be convinced to lynch Ness or Dom, based almost solely on lack of interaction with the game. I honestly get the scummier vibe from Ness -- he already had my vote from a while ago, so I have not changed it. Dom is almost aggressively inactive. I am willing to vote on him, but I'm also harboring the hope that he replaces out so we can have someone active.

- Drixx is a weird wildcard, to me. I personally read scum, with all the ambiguous secret knowledge claims but total lack of conclusive action. But then, I've also seen a number of players act similarly and be town. Either way, with two other people higher on the list, it's easy to not be worried about him for right now.

- Usted and EE are both somewhat quiet now, with no one pointing fingers at them. I've had suspicions about both previously, but the game been slow and not much has been going on to tip the scale either way. *shrug*

- Kahlan / Workdawg / Newb are the only ones that I feel like have been beneficial to town for a while now. Acknowledged, sneaky scum might very do that, but at the moment being quieter would just be so much simpler, so I lean town.

-----

Believe me, I wish there was more to go on right now too. But this is what we've got. If anyone has some fancy conclusions or write ups to share, now is kind of the time to do it.
[i]"I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my 'run' key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive."[/i]
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

Yeah I'm quiet because there isn't much to say. I think Ness should post his catch up and reads and stuff soon. I think the fact that he isn't is scummy to me.

Drixx is aggressively quiet. I don't like his gambit claim and disappearance, all I asked for was a game link so I could meta his gambit and see what he was doing if he was really gambitting. It seemed like an excuse for trying to pull the wool over on newer players.

And the dom should straight up replace out.

I think maybe we need to lynch, too. I've seen it noted before (somewhere on the wiki I can't find it right now, maybe a player page?) That if a wagon stalls or something like that then it's probably on scum and they're getting people to get nervous and think about what their doing or something so the wagon gets stale and falls apart. This makes me think we're sitting on a scum wagon right now.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 320, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Yeah I'm quiet because there isn't much to say. I think Ness should post his catch up and reads and stuff soon. I think the fact that he isn't is scummy to me.

Drixx is aggressively quiet. I don't like his gambit claim and disappearance, all I asked for was a game link so I could meta his gambit and see what he was doing if he was really gambitting. It seemed like an excuse for trying to pull the wool over on newer players.

And the dom should straight up replace out.

I think maybe we need to lynch, too. I've seen it noted before (somewhere on the wiki I can't find it right now, maybe a player page?) That if a wagon stalls or something like that then it's probably on scum and they're getting people to get nervous and think about what their doing or something so the wagon gets stale and falls apart. This makes me think we're sitting on a scum wagon right now.

I gambit a lot. I think you would have a hard time getting through any of my games without seeing me gambit.

Newbie 1663 I pulled a gambit as scum to justify a town read on the critical player I needed to town read me to get the flawless win. I pulled
another
gambit late in the game where I pretended I thought I had hammered and then made a post to the mod asking them not to keep us in suspense, as a "town slip". I then "realized" it wasn't a lynch lock and unvoted and expressed confusion because the posited scum pairing we had framed weren't behaving in a way that made sense. I let the player I was gambiting "convince" me that my original read was correct and that I shouldn't be confused and so I laid on the L-1 vote and let the guy hammer.

In Newbie 1666 I'm pretty sure I pulled a couple gambits, although I ended up losing there because I got a serious case of the "I totally screwed up the first two days and don't want to cost us the game". I actually had it partially figured at the end, but the scum won without my vote and I didn't push what I realized hard enough to get the other town to pay attention.

I'm sure you can wander through my games played and find dozens of examples. Subtlety is incredibly useful in mafia.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Workdawg »

@Ness
- You said that you'd post content in posts , , , , and . Yet the only content you posted was a response to my post , which I specifically asked for twice. Since this wagon formed, you've posted pretty much nothing. You've flailed around giving us nothing to work with. A bunch of OMGUS and whining about how we are wrong. If you don't want to be lynched, then you have to actually provide some content for us to read that will convince us that you're town.

In post 319, soulmonarch wrote:...
- I could be convinced to lynch Ness or Dom, based almost solely on lack of interaction with the game. I honestly get the scummier vibe from Ness -- he already had my vote from a while ago, so I have not changed it. Dom is almost aggressively inactive. I am willing to vote on him, but I'm also harboring the hope that he replaces out so we can have someone active.

I'm kind of in the same boat. It's a hard choice though. As you said, they both have been pretty inactive recently, but my vote's on Ness over TheDom. The only reason I'd vote for TheDom is for compromise/policy lynch just to avoid a no-lynch. He hasn't posted shit, but he hasn't been scummy either. It's certainly possible he's lurking as scum, but Ness has been at least a bit scummy. Opportunistic voting at the beginning, flailing around since then.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:54 am

Post by Zar »

Looking for a replacement for TheDominator37
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Zar »

Huntress replaces TheDominator37
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”