Newbie 1673: University of Mafiascum Class 108 - D4- OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:31 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 246, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 244, newbieinmafia wrote:UNVOTE:
Ness already claimed so unless we are sure about this lynch, putting him at L-1 for claim is useless.

To clarify: are you against lynching Ness right now or against lynching anyone right now?

If the former, I have to say I was uneasy about his lynch previously, but I think he's quelled my fears.

The latter I understand. however, I think I could see a Dom/Ness scum team and so I don't feel too bad about ending today now, particularly because I feel like a lot of last minute lynches happen and it ends up being town because we haven't had time to talk it through and things, so I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Ok, wtf here. How am I of all people, a Dom/Ness scum team? You're train of logic on me is completely idiotic. First off-

1) You never said anything about me. People have only started to get suspicous of me and now your Bandwagoning.
2) You're voting me with no logical explantion other then what other people are doing

So if i am scum-wouldn't that just make you look scummy yourself? "oh, my teammate is in trouble, better lynch him to make me look good!"
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:32 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 249, newbieinmafia wrote:Ness, please address all the questions or concerns that people asked of you. Even if you are lynched, they may help us in some way.

In post 246, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:The latter I understand. however, I think I could see a Dom/Ness scum team and so I don't feel too bad about ending today now, particularly because I feel like a lot of last minute lynches happen and it ends up being town because we haven't had time to talk it through and things, so I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Early lynches I have seen also happen to be town, so...? also if it's a last minute lynch, we have had more time to talk because it's not ended early..? I am not understanding what you are trying to say here. And I am not thinking of putting it at last minute. I don't mind if we end it a few days early but not when we have more than a week left now.

I will do Newbie, I've been busy with a lot of stuff recently. Including hosting my own mafia game.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

@newbie: you're probably right. I just want to avoid a last minute situation like the other newbie game I was in. We waited until the very last minute and there was almost no lynch whatsoever.

Also. I want to say that these two posts together just add to the reasons Ness should probably be lynched today:
In post 241, N e s s wrote:Well it seems like i'm being lynched. Well, hopefully my mislynch will help the town in some way.

In post 248, N e s s wrote:
Wtf???

How am i at L-1?

PEdit: I've never seen/had a problem with early lynched as town, but I'll take your word for it. The last game I played (and this seemed to be a pretty regular occurrence when I played off site as well) there was a quick last minute wagon and no one really knew what to do with the flip because the person hadn't really done too much and we hadn't prepared for it. I want to avoid that if possible.

PEdit 2: yes, I have said things to and about being suspicious of you. In my reads list I asked you to re-read the thread and post a solid set of reads which you have yet to do. I stated that I thought you were acting scummy but it might just be because you're reacting instead of taking the time to read the thread, but I need to be sure of that so I asked you the question I mentioned a sentence ago. You have yet to make me feel secure about you, in fact your excuse combined with your other recent posts makes me feel a lot better about lynching you.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:42 am

Post by N e s s »

In post 252, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:@newbie: you're probably right. I just want to avoid a last minute situation like the other newbie game I was in. We waited until the very last minute and there was almost no lynch whatsoever.

Also. I want to say that these two posts together just add to the reasons Ness should probably be lynched today:
In post 241, N e s s wrote:Well it seems like i'm being lynched. Well, hopefully my mislynch will help the town in some way.

In post 248, N e s s wrote:
Wtf???

How am i at L-1?

PEdit: I've never seen/had a problem with early lynched as town, but I'll take your word for it. The last game I played (and this seemed to be a pretty regular occurrence when I played off site as well) there was a quick last minute wagon and no one really knew what to do with the flip because the person hadn't really done too much and we hadn't prepared for it. I want to avoid that if possible.

PEdit 2: yes, I have said things to and about being suspicious of you. In my reads list I asked you to re-read the thread and post a solid set of reads which you have yet to do. I stated that I thought you were acting scummy but it might just be because you're reacting instead of taking the time to read the thread, but I need to be sure of that so I asked you the question I mentioned a sentence ago. You have yet to make me feel secure about you, in fact your excuse combined with your other recent posts makes me feel a lot better about lynching you.

How do they make you feel better about lynching me in anyway? I've said 5 posts up to this point, thats complete BS.

And yeah, i haven't done anything yet. and i didn't excuse myself either because its the truth. I've been busy with a lot of things, and it seems like you're using that as a BS push against me to lynch. I've been suspicious of you since the start of the game, and this just furthers it.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:44 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

@EE- I understand what you mean about last minute lynches. I don't like them either because it's hard to analyze wagon and I would also get on it just so we don't end up with no lynch. There's also problem with missing deadlines since many of us are on at different times.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:51 am

Post by N e s s »

I will get my reads up later. Mine brain is jelly-like right now and i can't get it done. I will be done with them hopefully at the end of the day.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Workdawg »

@Ness
- Please respond to during your catch up.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 8
N e s s (3): soulmonarch, Workdawg, Extrapolated Eagle

Extrapolated Eagle (2): Drixx, TheDominator37
Drixx (2): Usted, N e s s
TheDominator37 (1): Kahlan

Not Voting (1)
: newbieinmafia

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Tuesday January 12, 2016 2:30 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-12 14:30:00)
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
soulmonarch
soulmonarch
Goon
soulmonarch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by soulmonarch »

Quick check in here folks:

I think (mostly) everyone is in agreement, it is too early in the day to go hammering if we can avoid it. There is still plenty of time to hear more from Ness. Yeah, I've been scumreading him hard. But I *want* to hear his side of the story, along with any alternate theories he has. Because he is completely correct about one very big point:

Even assuming the worst case -- he offers up his best spiel, gets lynched, flips town -- that information combined with his known alignment might very well secure a town victory at some point. Even if he got lynched D1, he could still win.

That, and the situation with Dom is really annoying me. Scanning his meta isn't much help except to confirm that this doesn't seem considerably out of the norm for him. (Which is precisely zero help.)
[i]"I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my 'run' key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive."[/i]
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:45 am

Post by Kahlan »

In post 239, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Kahlan I swear. Your posts really get under my skin.
*takes deep breath*
How do you want me to push my reads? Your way? That's hard. It doesn't make sense for me to push reads the way you push them. No. I push reads the way I push them because I can get reads from people when I do that. Everyone pushes reads in the way they push reads, and not the way anyone else pushes their reads. I don't know how or why you don't understand this, it seems like such a simple concept to me.

Now. Let's also think about what you said about Usted. Hmmm. Why would a vote NOT MATTER much at all if it was random and without true reason? Can you think of anything? I'm ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS.

I'm sorry. I'm done being a dick. It just baffles me how you can completely not understand or misrepresent things that seem so simple. You're going to give me a massive headache by the time this game is over, but I hope you're not scum, because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assuming you just don't understand any of these things you keep bringing up.

VOTE: the Dom

PEdit: oh please don't encourage this. She's going to destroy us all with all the misrepresenting she's doing.

Okay EE I'm sorry my post bother you so. We are two different people and read things differently. Simple to you may not be so simple to me. Now I was confused by Usted statement because sure the votes started at RVS but that doesn't mean they are still considered RVS votes. Just because some people don't jump between votes or change to an unvote doesn't make their votes any less. Maybe they gained reasons for their votes along the way and are serious in the vote that is why in my eyes their votes don't change. Now I'm not trying to say this to defend anyone that is just where my thought process went when I saw Usted post. Could I have misunderstood, sure but I don't think most of the vote really can still be RVS this deep into the day.. The only one you can really say that about is The Dom. He voted for you, EE, without real reason and has barely posted since. Everyone else by now has had some reasons for their votes.

On another note...
In post 243, Workdawg wrote:Oh ffs, please don't hammer before he actually posts something.

@workdawg this make me curious. Why ask us not to hammer ness but yet you don't unvote for him? Newbie came in a unvoted. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:37 am

Post by Workdawg »

In post 259, Kahlan wrote:
In post 243, Workdawg wrote:Oh ffs, please don't hammer before he actually posts something.

@workdawg this make me curious. Why ask us not to hammer ness but yet you don't unvote for him? Newbie came in a unvoted. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Well, I'm always weary of a wagon getting to L-1 early on in newbie games. Especially after my last game where town lynched someone that I felt was obviously a newbie, not necessarily scum, and they did it very early in the day. I guess it was sort of a knee-jerk reaction based on that. I wanted to make very sure everyone knew he was at L-1.

As for why I wouldn't unvote, simply because I still think he's scummy. I'm not afraid of him being at L-1, I'm just afraid of someone accidentally hammering him before he has a chance to explain himself.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:46 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

small update to my read:
Kahlan seems town.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:00 am

Post by Kahlan »

In post 260, Workdawg wrote:
In post 259, Kahlan wrote:

Well, I'm always weary of a wagon getting to L-1 early on in newbie games. Especially after my last game where town lynched someone that I felt was obviously a newbie, not necessarily scum, and they did it very early in the day. I guess it was sort of a knee-jerk reaction based on that. I wanted to make very sure everyone knew he was at L-1.

As for why I wouldn't unvote, simply because I still think he's scummy. I'm not afraid of him being at L-1, I'm just afraid of someone accidentally hammering him before he has a chance to explain himself.

He still could have gotten hammered if it wasn't for newbies unvote..You still could have unvoted for him to give him a chance to explain even if you think he is scum. It's not like you can't revote for him again after he explained if then you still thought he was scum. I just thought it was interesting that you aren't afraid of him being at L-1 yet you wouldn't unvote him in order to hear his side although you wanted to hear it or wanted him to have a chance to explain. To me it looked like you expect someone else to either unvote to save ness or someone else to drive the nail into him. As long as the blame wasn't coming towards you, you'd be safe. I guess my head has some crazy thoughts but that's where my mind goes.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Workdawg »

If I'm not afraid of him being at L-1, why would I unvote?

Being at L-1 is MUCH different than being at even L-2 and it's a unique amount of pressure to be under. If every time a player gets to L-1 someone else unvotes, then it doesn't mean anything.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Kahlan »

In post 263, Workdawg wrote:If I'm not afraid of him being at L-1, why would I unvote?

Being at L-1 is MUCH different than being at even L-2 and it's a unique amount of pressure to be under. If every time a player gets to L-1 someone else unvotes, then it doesn't mean anything.

You'd unvote because you said you were afraid of him getting hammered or getting accidentally lynched before he can explain himself but I can also see that if your not afraid of him actually getting lynched then your right there is no real need for an unvote. It was just that first initial post that seemed a bit iffy to me.
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:42 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 225, newbieinmafia wrote:Even though I started it, I also found Ness wagon a bit weird.

Read-list: (this is where I am at right now- most of the stuff are what I have talked about before; would probably need to reread when I have time)

Ness
: newbtown or scum. Despite my vote, I am actually leaning toward newbtown, which is why I am also not that comfortable about Ness wagon. His claim and defense seems like something newbtown would do. His thought process seemed like how I played my first game.

EE
: I like his read list and he's been pretty consistent.

Work
: I like that he points out some of the things I find iffy but wasn't sure what it was. Also he explained about my ness vote better than I do.

Drixx
: I don't like that he is not sharing much of his thoughts, so I can't really read him.

Kahlan
: I actually don't know how to read her.

Usted
: I like his beginning posts (his reason for RVS for me is null though), but his vote on drixx is a bit strange, considering he hadn't interact with him. And I don't like his Drixx/Ness scum team explanation.

Soul
: His posts are interesting but there is something I couldn't put my finger on. It's possible that I just need to get use to newer people because I tend to do that.

Dominator
: Its explanation about RVS isn't satisfying but I am not ready for his lynch yet.

I haven't decided on who I want to lynch atm though.

Why not?
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:56 am

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 265, TheDominator37 wrote:Why not?

There are a few I wouldn't mind lynching but I haven't narrowed it down.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by N e s s »

I'm writing right now.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by N e s s »

Also while i'm at it, is there anyway i can post a spoiler?
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

[Spoiler =][/ spoiler]

Without spaces
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by N e s s »

Alright, i'm going to open up with this-if you guys really would like to see some of my meta, click the link. http://www.belltreeforums.com/forumdisp ... The-Cellar\

Thats the website i play mafia on frequently and where my best meta lies.

@Workdawg

You got me good on post 178. I don't have a good response or some deep extensive defense ready for you because theres no real way for me to defend this. Thats why i said in post 186 that "i don't know how to defend myself".

I will give you a simple response though, that me finding it funny that everyone is voting me? Look at where we are now, thats why i think this is all funny because everybody is calling me out when i'm a VT. No exact way to prove that, so thats why i said you should take my word for it. Thats why i said "i'm probably going to look like scum whatever i say now".

I haven't explicitly been saying it, but yes. I do feel like my answers are making me look scummy. It was a very, very lazy move for me to do, but i've been doing mostly IRL stuff and haven't been too bothered to play mafia, and i'm hosting my own game on the link above.

As for the final 2 questions you have, no. I don't think adressing Newbie's questions as scummy. But am i concerned that i look scummy? Not too much, but who isn't really? Nobody likes being lynched, its part of losing a game. I do think my answers are making me look scum though.

So, hopefully that answers post 178. I'm going to do my reads soon.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by Usted »

After reviewing thedom Iso. I'm ok with a lynch there. Drixx is openly lurking. Which imo is scummy. It's like he is scared to slip. The way that ness has responded to pressure makes me not really want to lynch him. So for now I'll leave my vote on drixx. If thedom doesn't participate more then I will switch over to him.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm not scared of anything Usted. Go look at Newbie 1663(scum) and 1666(town). I'm sick. My activity only dips if I get super busy or if I get sick.

@mod - V/LA for 36-48 hours please
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:23 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 266, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 265, TheDominator37 wrote:Why not?

There are a few I wouldn't mind lynching but I haven't narrowed it down.

What I'm asking is why not me?
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:52 am

Post by Zar »

Day 1, Votecount 9
N e s s (3): soulmonarch, Workdawg, Extrapolated Eagle

Extrapolated Eagle (2): Drixx, TheDominator37
Drixx (2): Usted, N e s s
TheDominator37 (1): Kahlan

Not Voting (1)
: newbieinmafia

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Tuesday January 12, 2016 2:30 PM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-12 14:30:00)

Drixx is V/LA until Wednesday
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”