Sharky5x, Yimmy, ArcAngel9

With 20 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-22 14:10:00)
The Main Character is
Drixx
Spoiler: MC Vote
Albert B. Rampage (6):
Rylai and Lina, Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2, MaxwellPuckett, DrippingGoofball, Fluminator
Drixx (2):
Lowkey, Drixx
Wickedestjr (2):
Wickedestjr, ArcAngel9
Yosarian2 (1):
CooLDoG
Drunken Pirates (1):
Klingoncelt
ZZZX (1):
ZZZX
Rylai and Lina (1):
DiamondSentinel

I am currently seeking a replacement for Sharky5x.
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:46 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

If it comes down to Flum vs. Klingon, I know who I'm voting, but that remains to be seen. It's likely, but just accepting it as fact would make it certain, and I don't like that.

DiamondSentinel: Now you're just... asking me not to vote you? lol k
(jokes tho i hope we can be chill)
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:47 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 1226, MaxwellPuckett wrote:If it comes down to Flum vs. Klingon, I know who I'm voting, but that remains to be seen. It's likely, but just accepting it as fact would make it certain, and I don't like that.

Umm, yes. Because it will end badly for someone (and that someone is not me)
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:48 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 1224, Varsoon wrote:I always tear up when the Iron Giant says 'SUP ER MAN'

The only animated movie I managed to make my mother cry about.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:55 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 1227, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1226, MaxwellPuckett wrote:If it comes down to Flum vs. Klingon, I know who I'm voting, but that remains to be seen. It's likely, but just accepting it as fact would make it certain, and I don't like that.

...huh. I'll keep that in mind.
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 1157, Rylai and Lina wrote:Btw I will discuss with FA revealing the flavour names. I was thinking and If scum have a janitor then we might be a prime candidate to kill.

Like ideal team for me

ABR
Us
Drixx
Drunken
Low or coxunber

~Lina

Sis summed it up pretty good. thats exactly my point of view. about the names we're analyzing the pros and cons of this, please don't reach a sudden fast hammer before we reach a conclusion here.

I still can't see how a town pr can steal people abilities by hammering them. the role seems Anti town from the very base.

Klingon readlist was absolute shit (sorry for being this aggressive) You are scumreading me in every damn game Kling. lets stop the fucking cycle thx
But I can see where her paranoia about me being scum because of the nature of my emotional play is coming from so I'm not seeing scum motivation here.

I will give her my benefit of doubt. her other reads are so lazy. like she isn't even trying to read the game.

@Kling next time your commenting about my slot or any others you better read the posts and give a damn related opinion about it - if your town reading or scum reading it.

post 1180 was so interesting ... but I don't think that make him scummy ... its more likely ... hmmm how to say that ... There is no way to say that! he is kind of arrogant ... lol

~Rylai
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:32 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 1212, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1187, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey I'm just glad you're town. I'd like to take a quick moment to mention I'm on an 8 game winning streak rampage :) Yeahhhhh!

I have won 21 out of the last 27 town games I have played! I am even counting the cupcake 1 altho that game was bullshit.

hi cerb!

tbh I don't even remember what your exact response was I just felt like it was very hedgy. but I bet i remember what your responses are on this page tho!

"hedgey"

"hedgey"

You know, that's a decent way of describing the way I answered your question(s)(which was, btw, you asking what my thoughts were on your reads), but...it's a markedly different way of describing it than the way Drixx and Titus described it. They were both shocked by me taking firm stances on things....firm stances which you call..."hedgey"

So, umm, which is it guys? Was I taking surprisingly firm stances, or was i being "hedgey"?

-Cerb
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:43 am

In post 1231, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
In post 1187, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey I'm just glad you're town. I'd like to take a quick moment to mention I'm on an 8 game winning streak rampage :) Yeahhhhh!

I have won 21 out of the last 27 town games I have played! I am even counting the cupcake 1 altho that game was bullshit.

hi cerb!

tbh I don't even remember what your exact response was I just felt like it was very hedgy. but I bet i remember what your responses are on this page tho!

"hedgey"

"hedgey"

You know, that's a decent way of describing the way I answered your question(s)(which was, btw, you asking what my thoughts were on your reads), but...it's a markedly different way of describing it than the way Drixx and Titus described it. They were both shocked by me taking firm stances on things....firm stances which you call..."hedgey"

So, umm, which is it guys? Was I taking surprisingly firm stances, or was i being "hedgey"?

-Cerb

\What is hedgey?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:17 am

I assume they meant I was "hedging my bets", as in, not firmly coming down on either side of the issue...as in...not giving a firm read as either scum or town.

-Cerb
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1227, DiamondSentinel wrote:

So you're threatening to lynch him if he votes for you? That's like a super OMGUS or something, and it's scummy because it makes it look like you don't care about lynching scum, only about your survival.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:26 am

In post 1233, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:I assume they meant I was "hedging my bets", as in, not firmly coming down on either side of the issue...as in...not giving a firm read as either scum or town.

-Cerb

Ah, so posturing.
“Why was I chosen?'
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

*catching up right now*
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Drunken Pirates »

hi cerb!

"hedgey"

"hedgey"

-Cerb

to me they felt hedgy cos I know what I was looking for.

the goal for this hydra was to build a bridge between titus and I. and that has most definitely happened. I am learning a lot about titus but I think we are radically different and yet I feel like if we can work it out, we can compliment each other's approach since there is a counterbalance of weaknesses and strengths in this hydra. talking to titus on the phone as we try to sort the game out has given me an entirely different view of titus.

titus is very literal and so she took your response in a very literal way. we have different interpretations of pple's posts cos we look for different things; I tend to read things tonally while she does something else. I think what she does is more fact-finding and draws conclusions from the facts she finds; they aren't always right nor are they always wrong. I think it is her still finding her way, just like most of us except for the pple who think they have already arrived.

pssst...here is the seekrit: you never actually arrive anywhere. as great as you might think you are there is still so much to learn about pple cos they are dynamic and always changing and will never stop surprising you no matter what. its probably the 1 thing that I love about this game it is that pple never cease to surprise me. and I keep learning and growing at least I hope I am still growing it wld totally suck if I ever learned all that I needed to know.

so to me you seem to be tonally hedging but titus will read your words and take them at literal value. I am not sure why you are lumping her with drixx. drixx DID vote her for best mafia catcher waaaaay before this game. mebbe drixx is following titus cos he can relate to how she processes things out. or mebbe he is just a fan. *shrug*

I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of shrugging this game cos I don't agree with abr being the mc or with the choices he listed. look at what titus pointed out: he was at 1 point wanting to VOTE SKYBIRD and then suddenly wanted her on his adventuring team? his play looks like pandering to the players he thinks are weaker than himself. cos I am not really getting the impression that he thinks they are great players so why not have yoyo or hindu on the adventure team. he did explain that he cld give yoyo any rings he found tho. but I am not sure why he wld think that cos it is not in the op. I mean it says you can only spark other players who you go on adventures with.

I have more formulated reads now if you want to discuss those. but don't try to drive a wedge in this hydra cos it ain't happening.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1194, Sensei wrote:They link to a different topic. That's more than likely a scumslip.

In post 1195, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Could be their hydra private topic.

That actually happens a lot I think. I can recall trying to link to posts in a game before and having my links get screwed up and go elsewhere, although I don't know what triggers it. If you just quote that post and look at the raw text, I think it just has the [ post = ] tags, which should link to the post number within the thread; however, there's something broken with that particular tag. That should be pretty easy to check, by the way, guys. Like ... why are you guys debating whether that's a slip or not? You can just look. Here... I'll open a new window and do it myself while I'm making this post. Be right back (I do enjoy amusing myself).

Yep ... all throughout the post you guys are talking about, the formatting of the links are as follows:

Code: Select all

In post [post=#7551629]35[/post] 

So, let's see if that topic number in the post= portion of the code is put in by the person or if the forum generates it. I'm going to attempt to link to post #1200 just by doing post=#1200 and see if it adds a topic number, and I'll also try to do it using the button too. My suspicion is that it's going to, since I'm looking at quoted text right now, and it has added in the topic and post number as separate things to link back to the people I'm quoting. When in doubt, science the problem. If it turns out you have to manually try to link to a PT ... then they got some explaining to do, because even though hydras get PTs, the post in question was asserting that it was responding to posts in
this thread

Testing:
Testing Again: <---- hitting the button just brought up [ post ] and [ / post ] tags with the cursor between them, so I put in a post number.

So ... after previewing the results, if I do the following code, it goes to some other topic, although it appears to be a very old topic, and thus probably does not explain the situation:

Testing: [post=#1200]Post #1200[/post]

If you hover over the post button, that's actually the syntax it tells you to use, but that's clearly broken.

The second result appears to work, and that was using the code as follows:

[post]1200[/post] 

However ... if you quote this post and look, you will see that the forum system parsed that and added in a topic number. Still... it added in the topic number for
this thread
, not a PT somewhere.

Conclusion? They got some explaining to do.

hi cerb!

"hedgey"

"hedgey"

-Cerb

You were taking more firm stances than you usually do. Period. Stop playing defense and get on offense. You're weirding me out.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:33 am

I'm not trying to drive a wedge, I just like explanations for what I view as inconsistencies. One slot saying that I'm being hedgey with regards to the same post another head thinks I'm being too firm in requires explanation.

I lumped her in with Drixx because they are the two parties(along with spifflop, who is, unfortunately, no longer relevant, other than in our knowledge that his concerns were town motivated), who found my post displayed too much certainty for them to be comfortable with it, and viewed it as a departure from my normal play.

So, ABR: Are you guys in agreement that you believe he is scum? Or did that wall from Titus mean something else?

-Cerb

pedit: Ooh, drixx said something, I'll read it. ^^
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:34 am

In post 1235, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1233, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:I assume they meant I was "hedging my bets", as in, not firmly coming down on either side of the issue...as in...not giving a firm read as either scum or town.

-Cerb

Ah, so posturing.

hedging your bets is something entirely different from posturing.

hedging your bets:

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/hedge+bets

posturing:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/posturing

the 2 are entirely different
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1237, Drunken Pirates wrote: he did explain that he cld give yoyo any rings he found tho. but I am not sure why he wld think that cos it is not in the op.

It says it in my role PM which is why I asked Albert for them. And Drixx. Apparentky i'm the only one who can use rings, and other players can trade them to me if they find them on adventures.

I'm fine with not adventuring yet so long as I get rings. I think once I have a ring or two I might be more useful on adventures.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:37 am

Post by Drixx »

I think if you want people to give you rings, you need to obvtown. Simple as that. If I end up with a ring and you earn a town read you're welcome to it.

I see no point in going to a literal ghost town, so I'm going to
Adventure: BACCARAT
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:38 am

In post 1239, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:I'm not trying to drive a wedge, I just like explanations for what I view as inconsistencies. One slot saying that I'm being hedgey with regards to the same post another head thinks I'm being too firm in requires explanation.

I lumped her in with Drixx because they are the two parties(along with spifflop, who is, unfortunately, no longer relevant, other than in our knowledge that his concerns were town motivated), who found my post displayed too much certainty for them to be comfortable with it, and viewed it as a departure from my normal play.

So, ABR: Are you guys in agreement that you believe he is scum? Or did that wall from Titus mean something else?

-Cerb

pedit: Ooh, drixx said something, I'll read it. ^^

okay so you have no problem with the explanation I gave? yaye!

does this mean you donnae wanna discuss reads :(
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 1242, Drixx wrote:I see no point in going to a literal ghost town, so I'm going to Adventure: BACCARAT

NO
you shouldn't

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 1244, Rylai and Lina wrote:
In post 1242, Drixx wrote:I see no point in going to a literal ghost town, so I'm going to Adventure: BACCARAT

NO
you shouldn't

~Rylai

Take this siriously please.

Go somewhere else

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1242, Drixx wrote:I think if you want people to give you rings, you need to obvtown. Simple as that. If I end up with a ring and you earn a town read you're welcome to it.

I see no point in going to a literal ghost town, so I'm going to
Adventure: BACCARAT

If you get a ring and you don't give it to me, you are preventing the town fron getting a power role of some type, for absolutly no gain. It would be like roleblocking a claimed power role for the entire rest of the game.

If you really do that, you had better be able to explain yourself, because that's super anti town behavior.
Lowkey
Lowkey
Goon
Lowkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Lowkey »

In post 1214, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 1195, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Could be their hydra private topic.

wow yeah it is, I am surprised you didn't jump all over that.

okay mebbe you are not too terrible after all.

titus created the pt yesterday cos I guess during the middle she gets the urge to talk to me but probs doesn't want to wake up her husband by calling or wake me up if I am sleeping. I wasn't but I understood why she created.

I haven't really caught up here but I think this is more of a townslip for Sensei. Scum don't assume a link goes to scum topic when they know who has access to it and is posting in it.

Not really sure if you're calling ABR scum or town by liking him but yeah.

Also, good news, I'm no longer forever alone and Lowell is back and reading!
Lowell/Hinduragi
Lowkey
Lowkey
Goon
Lowkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Lowkey »

My adventure list would probably be ABR, DP, Yos, and Drixx/CC.
Lowell/Hinduragi
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 528, DiamondSentinel wrote:I take it we aren't voting anyone for MC who starts out by voting themselves, right?

In post 773, DiamondSentinel wrote:The way it formed is indeed nonsensical. A conceited self-vote started a wagon. Obviously he's town, but incompetent town, and scum thinks they can manipulate him.

In post 777, DiamondSentinel wrote:@Shiro Are you even reading? No, I don't think that. But scum obviously wants him to be MC because they think he's useless.

HE'S LITERALLY POSTED 5 FUCKING TIMES. I DO NOT WANT A LURKER AS OUR MC, AND ESSENTIALLY TOWN LEADER.
Wow, tell me how you really feel. :roll: You are making a
lot
of unfair assumptions about me just because I had a busy weekend in real life.

First, my self vote is not an action fueled by conceitedness. It's because I
know
that I am town, which, at the time of my vote, made self-voting a better placeholder than any other option. None of my strongest town reads even had MC votes at the time, so there's literally no reason for me not to vote myself. Seriously, what's the problem here?

Second, you have no reason to think I'm incompetent. That's just a rude thing to say and very strange considering you agreed with my vote choice at the time you made that comment.

Third, you have no reason to think that I'm easily manipulated. For what it's worth, I'm actually a very independent player - I almost never hydra, never vote someone just because I'm told to (barring deadline), and reach most of my conclusions on my own.

Fourth, if I've been useless then why are you town reading me? Busyness during a weekend shouldn't merit you writing me off as a non-entity.

TL;DR - my inactivity is a fair point, but painting me as an arrogant, amateurish, and incapable person is just crazy.

I asked you this question and never got a response;
In post 292, DiamondSentinel wrote:He's scum, but his wagon is crap. Not in the sense that it's scum driven. In the sense that it won't lead to a scum lynch. And I feel like my sense of understanding wagons is better than my sense of understanding people.
On page 12, and about 24 hours into the game, why is it necessary for the bandwagon to have lynch potential?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”