KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:44 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Then why did you deliberately dodge the point?
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:30 am

Post by tictac »

In post 846, KuroiXHF wrote:
I check a lot more than once daily. I feel like I'm more active than any of these scum. I don't think they're so good that they can pull this off, considering I can pin down your times of activity, tictac. Everyone else is much less active.

You feel that going "hey, let's both vote at 8 o-clock GMT" is beyond the capacity of lurkerscum?
Or you feel like you can catch them during the two minutes or less it is likely to take? Because you are more active than them?

Cause it sounds like that is what you would like me to believe.

I can tell there are a number of things to which you are better than I. English grammar likely isn't one of them.

Ad hominem noted.
There is the traditional meaning, and the literal meaning. The traditional meaning is merely, "Oh you voted me? I'll vote you right back!" Then there's the meaning from the words. "Oh my God, you suck," more directly means that someone did something so blatantly terrible that you're struck with awe, which is what I felt for Pignash. ...but is there an actual point to this?

Yes.
Spoiler: context
In post 757, tictac wrote:(snip)
Can you see a possible town motivation for acting like Kuroi did? Cause I sure can't.
(snip)
Am I assuming too much competence from Kuroi? I don't think I am. He does have more than a few games of exp.

In post 761, franksa wrote:
I can only see 2 possibilities.
(snip)
2. Kuroi is a lot less competent player than I thought, He actually doesnt understand LYLO (even I do, I have only read 1 game on this site before this game.) so he voted Pignash, the mafia didnt hammer, so... Pignash is one of them.
(snip)
Based on his posts I would say Kuroi is a smart guy. I simply cant buy that with a couple of games experience he doesnt know all these things.
(snip)

In post 762, camn wrote:franska- I think you might be right about Kuroi playing a little dumb.
(snip)
Either way, even now in the cold light of day- Kuroi voting early in LYLO has more scum motivation than town.

In post 763, KuroiXHF wrote:My motivation was pignash was playing such a bad move by stating that, "Oh. Disregard everything I ever said. I'm just bad at this game." I look to his signature and find "Oh wait - I just happened to have won seven games, but lost three of them."

Does that not ring a OMGYS bell in your head?
(snip)

Two possible motivations to use the term
1) appear less competent by deliberately using a term in the wrong context.
2) actually thinking the term is appropriate.

Since you are a grammar natzi the possibility 2 only applies if the term actually is appropriate.
Please link a resource supporting your usage of the term.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

It's not an ad hominem. I'm not attacking you as a person at all. I'm just saying when it come to English grammar, I am likely to be better because I have a strong knack for this, I'm a writer, and English isn't your first language. I'm not saying you're terrible or that you are definitely not as good as me. I'm talking about likelihood.

Speaking of likelihood, I don't think the scum are willing to take a chance to both coordinate efforts and take such strong action. Life happens. Miscommunication happens. Your proposed hypothetical is so easy to screw up.

...You want me to cite someone agreeing with me that, "Oh my God, you suck," can mean more than, "Oh my God, you suck for voting me after I voted you?" Because it can never mean, "Oh my God, you suck because you claim to be useless at Mafia when you have a 70% win to lose ratio?" I kind of feel that this request from you is a OMGYS moment in itself.
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:57 am

Post by pignash »

Sorry guys. Been really busy this weekend. I'll post more tomorrow.
Completed MS games (10-6):

Town: Blitz 2(+), Blitz 6(+), Blitz 8(+), Newbie 1660(-), NY 191 (+), Blitz 23 (-), Blitz 26 (+)
Scum: NY 190(+), Mini 1729(+), Mini 1735(+), Newbie 1665 (+), Open 615 (-), Blitz 16(-), Newbie 1671 (+), Blitz 19 (-), Newbie 1675 (-)
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:13 am

Post by camn »

Tictac- I'm not sure this is all, like, going anywhere.

Like, Is kuroi right now defending his earlylier LYLO vote saying that scum are too pussy to quickhammer for the game? Or is he just attacking your arguments on the grounds of that they are words.? It's getting silly.

I think it's getting toward time to decide, though if you still want more talk, I can reread some more this week. But it looks to me like we have both scum in the crosshairs. I would confidently vote for either of them. Their MIGHT be some utility in deciding if one of them is a roleblocker... But maybe not.

I'm inclined towards lynching Kuroi. He seems to be flailing scum, and he has ample posts to read through and confirm that pignash is his partner.
I am also OK with pignash.... Though I fear that will start tomorrow with more of this discussion, driving you crazy (assuming I die :))

Thoughts? Cuz arguing with scum about grammar generally doesn't help.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:25 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 854, camn wrote:Tictac- I'm not sure this is all, like, going anywhere.

I have an ISO I'll be going through. Sorry that I haven't gotten there. I hope to get to it tonight.[/quote]

Like, Is kuroi right now defending his earlylier LYLO vote saying that scum are too pussy to quickhammer for the game?[/quote]
No, I'm saying that they aren't well coordinated enough to make it happen.

Or is he just attacking your arguments on the grounds of that they are words.?

Uh, what?

He seems to be flailing scum

I flail as much as you read.

Thoughts? Cuz arguing with scum about grammar generally doesn't help.

You know the grammar served a point, right? Indicating toward the OMGUS/OMGYS debate, that served something else.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:32 am

Post by tictac »

In post 854, camn wrote:Tictac- I'm not sure this is all, like, going anywhere.

There is a specific thing I want to see, and it hasn't happened yet.
I'm willing to give it a few days more. Patience.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:38 am

Post by tictac »

In post 852, KuroiXHF wrote:It's not an ad hominem. I'm not attacking you as a person at all. I'm just saying when it come to English grammar, I am likely to be better because I have a strong knack for this, I'm a writer, and English isn't your first language. I'm not saying you're terrible or that you are definitely not as good as me. I'm talking about likelihood.

I am perfectly willing to concede that you are better than me at english. That would be relevant if we weren't playing mafia, but we are.
I think you are scum, and that means you aren't a credible source.
That is why I ask for links.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by camn »

In post 856, tictac wrote:Patience

OK, I'll wait.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 857, tictac wrote:
In post 852, KuroiXHF wrote:It's not an ad hominem. I'm not attacking you as a person at all. I'm just saying when it come to English grammar, I am likely to be better because I have a strong knack for this, I'm a writer, and English isn't your first language. I'm not saying you're terrible or that you are definitely not as good as me. I'm talking about likelihood.

I am perfectly willing to concede that you are better than me at english. That would be relevant if we weren't playing mafia, but we are.
I think you are scum, and that means you aren't a credible source.
That is why I ask for links.

If the OMGUS/OMGYS is relevant to you, then the reason why I use OMGYS makes the grammar relevant.

If you're going to go into semantics like this, go all the way with it.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT

camn (0) -
tictac (0) -
KuroiXHF (1) - pignash
franksa (0) -
pignash (1) - KuroiXHF

Not Voting: camn, franksa, tictac

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

ACTIVITY NOTE: franksa is due a 3rd prod and is being replaced, per Rule 2

Day 3 deadline is Friday, January 29th 2016 at 12:00 pm PST or in (expired on 2016-01-29 12:00:00)
franksa
franksa
Townie
franksa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by franksa »

Hm, I guess this is what happens when there is really nothing to talk about any more... I dont like to speak when I dont have anything to say. I still know this is my fault, but I guess I cant do anything about it now. :/
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Alright. Well, whomever replaces Franksa, I look forward to welcoming you. Please let me know of your analysis.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

Well that was quick.

RadiantCowbells replaces franksa
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:46 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm in.

We're in a situation where there's nearly a guaranteed scum between Kuroi and Pignash.

No one else votes until I'm caught up please.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:54 am

While I catch up:

Tictac, Camn, who do you think is scum, and why?
Who is their partner, and why?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:10 am

At page 10 if I had to make a guess it'd be Camn / Pignash.

I'm still catcihng up but need to take a break atm.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:17 am

Not so sure about Pignash/Kuroi but definitely leaning towards Camn being scum at the moment.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:26 am

ugh Sarg was kinda obvtown.

This irritates me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:28 am

In post 357, camn wrote:Hello!

So, first things first... its late, I've been drinking, and I was at a Nine-Inch-Nails vibe party... which got me really amped.. which is the only reason I'm still awake. But I managed to read the stuff and get some basic understanding of things.
Second- I have been out of the game for quite some time now.. so please lower your expectations if you see my join date!

Third, my reads. I won't go into the WHY of it right now.. .cuz typos.. and I need bed soon.
OBVTOWN
:
--
Plotinus
-- From the very start he has reeked of town. It will literally freeze my brain off if he flips scum. I ran out of room on my notepad for all of the reasons he is town. Which is lucky for us, cuz IC.
--
tictac
-- His entry was so strong, and all of page 11 dripped with townie goodness.

PROBtown
:
--
Raskonlikov
-- Not as crushing as the above, but I literally found nothing to hate on first read.
--
franska
-- This is only a mild read- I had a little scumping once, but mostly town.

NULL reads
:
--
pignash
-- I though maybe Jake was doing a little buddying with the IC, but the rest of this slot was meh.. so I dont know. There is a thing with sarge tho- this could be a scumslot. Will explain further down.
--
Kuroi
-- I have mixed read here. Selfvotes are scummy appeals to emotion.. but it was an accident? Post 289 was scummy, but 279 reeked town. So null.

SCUMREADS
:
--
PhantomCobalt
-- His early play I HATED so much. And his later play. Hate it. I have seen this kind of play many many times, and it is always scummy to me. People argue that it is not indicitave of alignment, but in a newbie I think it totally IS. It is play that DOESN'T show the town who you are. And why play like that? Because you are scum. Or because you are protecting your meta, which is rich for a newbie, thus I conclude scum here. HOWEVER... a sarge/pignash scumteam may trump this.. please read on.
--
SARGE
-- Scummy at every turn, although I will need to reread, obv. My biggest scumpings are as follows: 1st off.. No-Lynch benefits scum. in 329 he is floating the idea of the town losing its only real strength. There is no town motivation to this. Second: posts 316 and 314 are scumslips, I think. In 314 pignash lays out an ISO on Franska, who is likely town, with the following statement:
In post 314, pignash wrote:No like. Plan on voting Frank right now, Plotinus is up next.
Frank only had 2 votes on him.. classic scum equivocation. TWO POSTS LATER Sarge pulls the same move. Sarge had just DROPPED his vote from frank... now is saying:
In post 316, Sarg338 wrote:So far overall, Franksa is at the top of my list.
Again- classic scum! You know what scum want? A mislynch WITHOUT either of them actually being on the wagon.
So, did Sarge and Pignash coordinate in this so-called daytalk? Is Sarge just sheeping pignash? I dont know, but I dont like it. Actually, now that I type this- move pignash down to the scum section. I think a pig/sarge scumteam plus Phantom/craptown makes the most sense.

VOTE: SARG338

This has 5 different major scumtells.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:33 am

How the hell did this crossvote thing go down?

I mean, seriously.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:37 am

Unvote now. both of you.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:39 am

I want to ignore the '1v1' and lynch Camn today, if that's good with you all.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:42 am

But Pignash, I'm not making excuses for your lack of content again.

Continue this and I'll just lynch you and hope I was right the first time.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:07 am

Post by camn »

I await your explanations, cowbells. Welcome to the game- and thank you! Replacing in at p35 is no fun!

I think the scum are Kuroi and Pig.
Obv, I am against a camn-lynch.

I don't think they should unvote. Right now we have at least 1 scum's vote tied up- probably 2.
The at least one part MUST be true due to the lack of a scum quickhammer during the last few days.
That said- scum can always unvote, so the fact that they are voting doesn't protect us from anything... but them unvoting also helps no one. So meh.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”