Micro 576 - Word Sneak Mafia 2: Even Sneakier! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 493, Halos and Horns wrote:You're phrasing it as if BNL used this snipped quote and insisted that Aristo was scum because of it, but he never used that quote to base a case or push on. He said he questioned what he thought was a contradiction because he didn't get the joke (and I don't think this is that unusual). I don't think it was a deliberate misrepresentation if he was taking Aristo's words at face value, and genuinely thought that Aristo was contradicting himself in the first half of the sentence and the second half was irrelevant. I'm pretty sure I've seen this before from people who don't live in English-dominated countries.

You joking? Brb
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 349, BNL wrote:
In post 347, Aristophanes wrote:Postie, this pleases me immensely!

Though you're probably scum

Uh
In post 335, Aristophanes wrote:Town Lean: Postie, H&H

Please don't hammer yet, though. I haven't gotten all my words in yet.

Please don't hammer yet, though....

This doesn't look like bnl used this snipped quote and insisted Ari was scum because of it?!?!?! You fucking kidding?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 495, Postie wrote:Warming to the idea of an Aristo or lane lynch. The BNL-was-misrepping argument is stupid. I'd prefer lane over Aristo though because Aristo's townslips remind me of when I kept townslipping in Newbie 1664 and Frozen Angel was all "OMG stop making fake townslips!" when really I was just an idiot.

VOTE: lane

Yeah, I'm wagon hopping again. Deal with it.

How the fuck is that a stupid argument?you're right ...though ...it's not an argument .it's clearly a total misrep
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 494, Postie wrote:
In post 469, lane0168 wrote:Postie, why do you get off every wagon that gets momentum?

Because either the person reacts to the pressure in a town way (Davsto) or the momentum gained feels unnatural and people are giving stupid reasons for getting on the wagon (BNL).

In post 469, lane0168 wrote:If you believed in even one of them, you would have stayed on it

lol

In post 470, lane0168 wrote:
In post 461, Postie wrote:Actually the amount of support for the BNL lynch is concerning. I think every single person except H&H, TheCow, and Flubber has pushed the wagon. I'm townreading H&H and TheCow, so that leaves BNL/Flubber as the only likely scumteam if BNL is scum - but then, why not lynch Flubber since he's going to be harder to read?

UNVOTE:

Wtf? You want to make your scum team now, and one of them has momentum, but you want to lynch the other one because they're harder to read, so you unvote, but don't put your vote anywhere else? Wtf? That's all sorts of crap

No, either you're misunderstanding completely or misrepping. I'm saying that the only likely way the BNL wagon could have gotten this much support is if the scumteam is BNL/Flubber, but Flubber is harder to read, so even if this was the case it would be silly to lynch BNL first.
I don't want to lynch Flubber today though, because a likelier explanation for the BNL wagon getting so much support is that it's being driven by scum.

In post 477, lane0168 wrote:
In post 55, Aristophanes wrote:Oh wow, that's good!
GG Aero!

Read this. Out loud. To yourself. Whatever you are right now. Exactly how it is written with punctuation. And tell me it sounds real

No, that's not how it works. The burden of proof is on you. Why does it sound scummy?

OK. So when will you be in a wagon you actually believe in? That's my question?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Postie »

I'm starting to see what was being said about lane casting shade on so many people...

Davsto:
In post 234, lane0168 wrote:Sword never picked up the role pm... You, my fine fellow, are making assumptions that can be verified, yet you don't bother to check into them, you just throw them out there as truth. And that is scummy

In post 242, lane0168 wrote:Uhhh... No. You said it right before you said my post was shallow and safe. Which was right before you said I was scum... You were implying they flaked because they were scum. You are pulling it out from wherever you can.

Then you didn't look very hard, or even care to question it. Cause it doesn't matter to scum, like you.

Aristophanes:
In post 265, lane0168 wrote:I think I'm starting to lean scum on Ari than davsto.

He asked for peoples reads much more than hes given any of his own, Postie town, Davsto scum.

Posted a whole bunch of filler. Like a whole heap.

I think he knew scum can't talk about their words, and his reaction when he "found out" seems genuinely fake. Oh really? Wow! Good job aero!

And I really don't like if my town flip helps coo. Feigning indifference if you ask me.

VOTE: aristophanes

L-1

In post 283, lane0168 wrote:
In post 52, Aristophanes wrote:Also, town, don't forget that scum can share their lists, so they already have the upper hand on us with regards to the double vote.

GG Aero!

Most of it probably is textbook. But not take.

And how does this reaction seem real at all?

In post 477, lane0168 wrote:
GG Aero!

Read this. Out loud. To yourself. Whatever you are right now. Exactly how it is written with punctuation. And tell me it sounds real

GuiltyLion:
In post 281, lane0168 wrote:
In post 279, GuiltyLion wrote:His reasons for scumreading Ari feel textbook and fake

Lol that reason could also fell textbook and fake...

In post 299, lane0168 wrote:It makes you a sub par scum hunter mostly, and possible scum, considering what you say I'm doing, is wrong.

In post 302, lane0168 wrote:So who do you think is scummier? Someone who uses fakeness as part of their case (me) or someone who uses fakeness as their entire case (you)

BNL:
In post 374, lane0168 wrote:Alright... What I wanted to say before but refrained from saying is that I really didn't like Bnl's post AT ALL. I'm amazed at the audacity to snip that sentence and play it off as a major scum slip. I was hoping he was going to be watching for a reaction, but it appears he just dropped it off and left.

VOTE: bnl

In post 474, lane0168 wrote:It was an obvious joke, you edited it to make it look scummy. Stop lying.

Me:
In post 469, lane0168 wrote:Postie, again doesn't like a wagon that might actually go to lynch... Don't like all the hopping off wagons.

Rc, you may have been right about Postie, and now theyre just hopping off so they can say see? I did it with bnl too. Possibly.

Postie, why do you get off every wagon that gets momentum? I'm starting to get the feeling you don't actually believe in any of the wagons you have been on and are just trying to look town. If you believed in even one of them, you would have stayed on it

In post 470, lane0168 wrote:
In post 461, Postie wrote:Actually the amount of support for the BNL lynch is concerning. I think every single person except H&H, TheCow, and Flubber has pushed the wagon. I'm townreading H&H and TheCow, so that leaves BNL/Flubber as the only likely scumteam if BNL is scum - but then, why not lynch Flubber since he's going to be harder to read?

UNVOTE:

Wtf? You want to make your scum team now, and one of them has momentum, but you want to lynch the other one because they're harder to read, so you unvote, but don't put your vote anywhere else? Wtf? That's all sorts of crap

lane, you've called more than half the player list scum or possible scum now. And you've not given a single townread so far.

WTF.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 503, lane0168 wrote:OK. So when will you be in a wagon you actually believe in? That's my question?

I like
this
wagon a lot. :D
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by lane0168 »

I've not given a single town read? You wanna do your research over or want me to let you know I've clearly called H&h town, will now call town TheCow, and had bnl townish until that bs misrep
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by lane0168 »

It's there a problem with getting to find scum and changing reads? I mean you're ridiculous postie
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Go ahead and attack me for pointing out you haven't had a solid read once a keep unvoting you scum reads.... I know rc will avenge me so I'm not scared
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 505, Postie wrote:
In post 503, lane0168 wrote:OK. So when will you be in a wagon you actually believe in? That's my question?

I like
this
wagon a lot. :D

See it to the end then, you scum
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 506, lane0168 wrote:I've not given a single town read? You wanna do your research over or want me to let you know I've clearly called H&h town,

Okay, fair enough. I missed this.

In post 506, lane0168 wrote:will now call town TheCow,

Why?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 507, lane0168 wrote:It's there a problem with getting to find scum and changing reads? I mean you're ridiculous postie

Changing? Point me to single person you've called scum that you later called town.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Oh what? Cause I didn't change them from a scum read to an explicit town read? Let me tell you Postie, nobody that I've had a scum read on has moved to my town reads. You got a problem with that? Yes. You do.

Why does the fact I said that mean I have to change scum reads to town reads?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 512, lane0168 wrote:Oh what? Cause I didn't change them from a scum read to an explicit town read? Let me tell you Postie, nobody that I've had a scum read on has moved to my town reads. You got a problem with that? Yes. You do.

Why does the fact I said that mean I have to change scum reads to town reads?

I mean, if you'd have said you changed some of your scumreads to null reads then I guess I might not have so big of problem with it, but you haven't done that at any point either.

So, who are you scumreading right now? Who are you null on? Why?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Postie »

It's also pretty convenient for you that the only people you haven't called scum are those that have supported getting the people you want lynched lynched.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Ari bullet scum reads
Haven't thought about davsto recently
Should be obvious why. I'm not going to look for it right now

But why do I have to change scum reads to town reads? Like you implied I should have to buy changing reads? Bnl change 180. Davsto I guess null cause I haven't been paying attention to him.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 514, Postie wrote:It's also pretty convenient for you that the only people you haven't called scum are those that have supported getting the people you want lynched lynched.

Please Postie. Tell me if this is a scum tell or town tell. Right now. Tell me why town wouldn't support other people scum reading their scum reads.

Please reply to this post on its own
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 515, lane0168 wrote:Ari bullet scum reads
Haven't thought about davsto recently
Should be obvious why. I'm not going to look for it right now

So GL and me are null? How come?

In post 515, lane0168 wrote:But why do I have to change scum reads to town reads? Like you implied I should have to buy changing reads?

When you've called 5 out of 9 people scum, I expect you to try to sort them so there's some kind of progression in your reads. It looks like you're trying to keep your options as open as possible so you can just lynch whoever.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 516, lane0168 wrote:
In post 514, Postie wrote:It's also pretty convenient for you that the only people you haven't called scum are those that have supported getting the people you want lynched lynched.

Please Postie. Tell me if this is a scum tell or town tell. Right now. Tell me why town wouldn't support other people scum reading their scum reads.

Please reply to this post on its own

Sure, town would support other people scumreading their scumreads, but when the sole basis for whether someone is scum or not depends on whether they're backing you up then that's a problem.

The only people you haven't called scum are H&H, TheCow, and Flubber.
In post 215, lane0168 wrote:I am with flubber about being wary on gl's play here.

In post 414, lane0168 wrote:Just chill rc, we're friends for once. I'm feeling this out and kinda might be in your side for once

In post 486, TheCow wrote:Marbles and toastie is my lynch pool. I'd compromise for one of my leans, but I'd rather we lynch
scum

Who incidentally also happen to be supporting your positions in a way that's really convenient for you.
That's a little sus.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Ok do your thing postie. I'm not concerned with my lynch if you can do it. But you're wrong. Your reasoning is bad, but I'm not a detrimental lynch
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Postie.... So a favor for me cause I've already done it. Tell me the players you haven't called scum so far.... And then come at me with your case again
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Postie »

The only players I've called scum so far are you and BNL (now a townlean). I haven't been scumreading every wagon I've pushed; the reason I pushed those wagons was because I thought they would help me progress my reads (which they did).

There isn't any kind of natural progression in your reads, on the other hand - you just keep calling more and more people scum.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 519, lane0168 wrote:Ok do your thing postie. I'm not concerned with my lynch if you can do it. But you're wrong.
Your reasoning is bad, but I'm not a detrimental lynch
Lane, what makes this any different from my post about being the lynch?

In post 261, lane0168 wrote:I didn't like the "if my town flip helps, coo." part though
( ^^ about my drunk post)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 496, Postie wrote:
In post 481, BNL wrote:Also, Postie and GL, can you explain your Cow townread? Currently having him as null, don't see anything that makes him town.

The way he just randomly pops up, throws out a lot of random thoughts, and then disappears feels town to me somehow. Idk. His thoughts feel unfiltered.

In post 490, Aristophanes wrote:How he missed the context is beyond me and I deem it unlikely and scummy.

The same way town-you couldn't possibly have missed the "6 VTs, 1 Cop, and 2 goons" in colourful letters in the opening post, right? Why are you holding BNL to a higher standard than yourself?
This is probably dumb and I accept your point here.
However I didn't read the OP because I replaced in and just saw "word sneak" and "Aero", read that mechanic, and was super excited.

His snip was literally in the same sentence.

But I guess I've harped on this enough already.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Halos and Horns
Halos and Horns
Goon
Halos and Horns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by Halos and Horns »

Alright so me and Lilith have been talking about this for a while and (thankfully) she's come around on Postie scum.
We are going to be voting there from now on unless required to switch to avoid a lynch on one of our townreads or a no lynch.

VOTE: Postie

The last few pages in particular have been so ridiculously scum!Postie that it blows my mind. Just a few examples

I like this wagon a lot. :D

Town!Postie every time I've seen her has been a lot shier from confrontation. In the original Slavic Music, when I started pushing on her she backed off really hard. In 1664 when we were fighting she kept trying to give me opportunities to show that I was town (which wasn't what I wanted at the time but we eventually townread each other so I digress.) I'm not quite sure what her scum response to pressure would be but this is absolutely not what I've seen from her as town. And I don't mean to portray her as a wallflower but this response is just incredibly jarring.

When you've called 5 out of 9 people scum, I expect you to try to sort them so there's some kind of progression in your reads. It looks like you're trying to keep your options as open as possible so you can just lynch whoever.

Like this is just so incredibly weak and nitpicky that it doesn't make any sense.

Lane's scumreading a lot of people, maybe, but Lane's stances have been extremely clear since he replaced into the game and in fact they precluded a Cow lynch, who as possibly the easiest mislynch of all time is not someone I would expect someone to come in declaring a townread on.

And he hasn't called 5 out of 9 people scum, he's indicated a townread on the rest of them. Like where does that interpretation even come from?

The only players I've called scum so far are you and BNL (now a townlean). I haven't been scumreading every wagon I've pushed; the reason I pushed those wagons was because I thought they would help me progress my reads (which they did).

There isn't any kind of natural progression in your reads, on the other hand - you just keep calling more and more people scum.

Notice that Postie here is entirely backing off from her Aristo read, which she ended up voting twice for long periods during this game but is now declaring as never having been a scumread without substantiating any reasons. 'because I thought they would help me progress my reads' what?

I misread the "why does it matter?" as "does it matter?" oops.
It matters because it looks like you're trying to look busy without actually engaging properly. You're being superficial.

AT THE VERY LEAST this post indicates a scumread that she's entirely 180ing on.

And this entire 'oh but I would have had my partner bus me!' argument just plain stinks.

She declared that before this game even started. I believe in the last game's thread, after the cop guiltied her? If Postie was a D1 lynch led by anyone besides me I would immediately get incredibly fucking suspicious and demand cop checks on the early voters and the major pushers. Like it just plain doesn't make sense to use that argument. She declared to half of the people present in this game that she would ask her partner to bus her. It doesn't even make remote sense for her to actually have herself bussed when it's going to literally buy the opposite of towncred for her partner. Make herself scummy intentionally to frame the people on her wagon, maybe;
but no one besides us is really pushing her.

Like it's patent nonsense.

Doesn't help that she's jumped on literally every single wagon that's gained any traction today, which is scummy as fuck, that she called out every L-1 besides Aristo's, which is scummy as fuck as well, etc.

Aristo, you said yourself that Postie might be trying to tie herself to you. Maybe you're town, but I guarantee you that if you continue defending her after saying that shit at the very least you're going to waste one of our cop checks. Vote her.

Oh, and Lane's town. I'll go into that.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”