Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #6351 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:22 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Vote Count 5.4

pisskop ( :!: ) - Golden Robster, Keyser Söze, JarJarDrinks, DeathNote, pisskop
Golden Robster (1) - Firebringer

Not voting (2) - Cabd, Errantparabola

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

(expired on 2016-02-15 11:59:59)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #6352 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:27 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I am seeking a replacement for Cabd who has not picked up his prod.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #6353 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:32 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

The gamers finally turn on Pisskop. He was hanging out with that RC vandal after all, surely he had to be bad for business....

Pisskop was a
Vanilla Townie
and was lynched on Day 5. Night 5 starts now and ends Wednesday at noon PST.

(expired on 2016-02-10 11:59:59)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #6354 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Political Clout replaces cabd. Keyser Soze has requested replacement.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #6355 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

pieguyn replaces Keyser starting right now. Both replacements are filled. I'm considering a deadline extension for them.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #6356 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:18 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I am going to open the game in the next few hours.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #6357 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

You all gather back in the front of the game shop. Everyone looks around and counts the people still around. Everyone is still here.

No one has died.

Day 6 begins now and ends at noon PST on the 25th

(expired on 2016-02-25 11:59:59)

--

Vote Count 6.0

Not voting (7): Golden Robster, Political Clout, pieguyn, Firebringer, Errant Parabola, JarJarDrinks, DeathNote
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6358 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by pieguyn »

hello

I'm not planning on reading the whole game but I do plan on ISO'ing all living players + the dead scum. if anyone wants to point me towards whatever they think is relevant, or pitch me cases on their (current) reads, I'll read/evaluate those too.

I started to catch up overnight but I didn't get much done, I only briefly skimmed RC's ISO. I'm purposefully withholding what I think about that for the time being partly so I can read it in more depth and partly bc it's about PC's slot and I wanna see what he does without influencing it.

have we massclaimed yet, and have we agreed on what the setup ratio most likely is (i.e. 13-3 or 12-4 or 12-3-1)?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6359 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Pie, you are obviously town.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6360 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Political Clout »

In post 1329, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Vote Count 1.16 (FINAL)

davesaz ( :idea: ) - Wickedestjr, Nosferatu, RadiantCowbells, pisskop, Dwlee99, Keyser Söze, Fro99er, Aeronaut, Frozen Angel
Dwlee99 (2) - Wake88, JarJarDrinks
Frozen Angel (1) - Nero Cain
Nosferatu (1) - TheCow
pisskop (1) - davesaz

Not voting (2) - DeathNote, Zulfy

(expired on 2016-01-08 23:59:59)

16 players alive, 9 votes to lynch

It looks like scum started killing off the wagon on dave. It makes an okay-ish lean for those on it still being town. But I can't help the feeling that not just one scum was on it.

@jarjar why were you on the dwlee wagon? I'm still scrolling up and down with the replacements.

@pie ask any questions about any one player that was on my slot. The response might take some time because I will have to read for context. I'm semi confident I will be able to tell what they may have been thinking at the time of their posts regarding logical deductions/voting patterns. If it is about word 5 sentence 3 in paragraph whatever I won't be of any use.
Ya basic!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6361 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 6360, Political Clout wrote:@pie ask any questions about any one player that was on my slot. The response might take some time because I will have to read for context. I'm semi confident I will be able to tell what they may have been thinking at the time of their posts regarding logical deductions/voting patterns. If it is about word 5 sentence 3 in paragraph whatever I won't be of any use.

thanks. I will if/once I have any. :)

In post 6359, Firebringer wrote:Pie, you are obviously town.

I'm going to assume this is based off my predecessor. correct me if I'm wrong?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6362 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6361, pieguyn wrote:I'm going to assume this is based off my predecessor. correct me if I'm wrong?

Yes.

Also your avatar helps ;)
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6363 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I don't know why keyzer would replace out as scum at this point either.

Also pointing out that a no-kill could mean I was shot last night.

We might also be in a myloish situation so no one should vote until we figure that out.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6364 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@MOD: if a rolecop investigated a bulletproof SK, would it get "bulletproof SK" or just "bulletproof"?

i'm guessing this has been railroaded into the thread by now, forgive me if it was
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6365 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by pieguyn »

does anyone know if RC's bussing meta was referenced in the game thread anytime on D1 or D2?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6366 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I'm wondering what the fuck was up with the nokill last night. I first thought a mafia traitor could possibly make sense given what's flipped so far, but if you're scum and you know there's a traitor out there, and thus no SK, why the fuck do you shoot the BP claim (which in this case would have very good odds of being the traitor anyway)? I doubt it was an intentional nokill, either, since in the case of no SK it would cause them to need another mislynch.

depending on how AP answers my question, this would point to either 13-3 and AP made a deliberate mindfuck setup, or 12-3-1 with the SK slow-playing it. whether the SK in the latter case would be DN is another matter entirely.

if we haven't massclaimed yet, I think it would probably be a good idea.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6367 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by DeathNote »

So do you believe I was shot or not?

RC was mentioned a lot so I can't remember anything about his meta.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6368 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I think you probably were. the most obvious reason is that there's only one mafia left and they feared you being an SK. there could be another explanation that I'm not thinking of.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6369 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I dont think they did it out of fear.

I think it is more of a numbers game at this point. There should be 2 left so keeping me around (a potential 3rd party) isn't advantageous to them anymore. Which I guess means they did do it out of fear?
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6370 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by Golden Robster »

In post 6368, pieguyn wrote:I think you probably were. the most obvious reason is that there's only one mafia left and they feared you being an SK. there could be another explanation that I'm not thinking of.

Surely they would be pursuing a lynch on DN rather than trying to kill him at night if they really thought he was sk? Or are scum trying to confirm that he is the sk/bulletproof townie?

I don't really get what scum tried to do there
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6371 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by DeathNote »

It just comes off as paranoia.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6372 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Post by pieguyn »

if everyone remaining is a VT, i would bet a large amount of money it's only 3 mafia, since outside of neighbors (null) t would be rolecop + miller + literally nothing else where the rolecop can get 1 clear and 1 false innocent. that would practically be mountainous in terms of power.

this is part of why i think a massclaim would be useful; if something unexpected comes up, we'll have a better idea of how many mafia are left
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6373 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 6370, Golden Robster wrote:Surely they would be pursuing a lynch on DN rather than trying to kill him at night if they really thought he was sk? Or are scum trying to confirm that he is the sk/bulletproof townie?

i imagine this would depend on how much support for it there was. in the few posts from D4/D5 i've looked at, it didn't seem like there was support for it, but i could be completely wrong on this as i've hardly seen any of it outside of the posts from the ISO i'm currently reading (tis a surprise which one ~)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6374 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:54 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i'm prob going to put most of these in spoiler tags bc my preferred format is the quote wall, and i don't want to make a post which takes like half the page. it shouldn't be too difficult to parse, though, so would like if ppl could read anyway and tell me their thoughts.

Spoiler: Wake/Errant
In post 240, Wake1 wrote:
In post 158, Dwlee99 wrote:
Well if it's not your meta to vote hop then it's scummy.

VOTE: Dwlee99

Except meta as you know is manipulable, and forgets that players do try new things regardless of alignment.

horrible wagon jump here. i'm reading this as a purely opportunistic vote; it was when dwlee was already the leading wagon with like 4 votes and the reason behind it isn't necessarily bad, but not groundbreaking either.

i also read this as a scum post tonally. it comes off more like he's attempting to coast and take a more neutral position without getting too directly involved in the argument, where given the argument he was pushing (dwlee's push coming off as disingenuous) i would expect a town response to be more along the lines of directly challenging it "no it isn't, and you're BS'ing here".

In post 1285, Wake1 wrote:
In post 1237, RadiantCowbells wrote:I want Wake and DN's opinions on this lynch before anyone hammers.

Gimme the shindig in ONE sentence why he deserves rope. ONE. Make it count.

In post 1287, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1237, RadiantCowbells wrote:I want Wake and DN's opinions on this lynch before anyone hammers.

Because his reads are inconsistent with his stated positions and there's no evidence to suggest him doing any scumhunting besides picking general thread mentalities and declaring them his reads.

In post 1288, Wake1 wrote:
In post 1287, RadiantCowbells wrote:

Because his reads are inconsistent with his stated positions and there's no evidence to suggest him doing any scumhunting besides picking general thread mentalities and declaring them his reads.

Well let's lynch the fucker then. What are you people waiting for?

Hey, I wanna hammer. I've ALWAYS wanted to just bring a hammer on someone just like AH HA HA HA DIE FUCKER!!!

Can I? Please? I promise to clean up the mess. Where's that hammer dammit?

In post 1289, RadiantCowbells wrote:Go hammer, it's L-1.

In post 1290, Wake1 wrote:
In post 1289, RadiantCowbells wrote:Go hammer, it's L-1.

OH YOU'D LIKE THAT WOULDN'T YOU?

this exchange came off really awkward, and i think it looked more like forced distancing than anything. first off, given how stubborn he was acting over the _one_ read on dwlee he had posted earlier, the progression from 1237 to 1285 feels out of place - i don't think he would kinda-skeptically ask to be sold on a wagon and then immediately go "WHEE HAMMER". then the progression from 1285 to 1290 felt out of place too. *if* i'm assuming he is actually town who decided "fuck it, i should just hammer", it still doesn't make any sense for him to suddenly back out of it and jump on RC instead. usually when i see town who is drastically behind and just wants to end the day, they're in a position where they're not capable of giving that much of a shit and would just hammer. there's no internal consistency here.

i'm wondering what scum-Wake would have to gain from bothering with this given he would have known dave was scum, though, since the tone is completely different from his previous posts. if he saw his partner hard bussing dave, why _wouldn't_ he just hammer and hope he'd get town points for "lolhammering scum"? i can maybe see it as him thinking him hammering prematurely would be viewed as scummy despite dave's alignment, or point to inside knowledge. or it could just be that he thought distancing from RC would be a better use of his energy and he didn't realize how much he was forcing it. /shrug

i'm just going to put a disclaimer here that i have not evaluated/cross-referenced Errant's catchup at all bc it is just making my head hurt. i will probably try and come back to it later.

from there:

In post 6247, Errantparabola wrote:This doesn't change the fact that pisskop is town
Phoneposting so give me like 3 hours and I'll be back

i'm taking issue with this pisskop read, because there was absolutely no follow-through with it. after this post, pisskop gained a sizable wagon, and their next progression of posts went like this:

In post 6268, Errantparabola wrote:Im going to iso fire later today because i remember cow being someone i wanted to lynch.

In post 6272, Errantparabola wrote:you're probably right. zulfy slot is town by RC interaction as well.
i see no reason for cabd and Keyser to be lynch immune.

In post 6279, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 6276, DeathNote wrote:I'm not sure what your point is? RC was going to get lynched so pushing on him and creating a large case isn't that hard. I'm glad he was so adamant about it but I would have bussed the shit out of RC as soon as that cop flipped town.

Basically this. Due to the nature of the game state I think interaction tells on RC post Nero lynch don't swing alignment either way. Town can easily be convinced RC is town and scum can easily hard bus RC based on believing that RC's life is on a timer and the other way around too. That's why I'd only really take stock in tells pre RC claim to influence a read.

In post 6305, Errantparabola wrote:Pk, is your read on gr based on titus?
Because i agree that i got no town vibes from titus, but i forgave it because zulfy was rather town to me.

there was no mention of pisskop at all up until the last post (which was their last D5 post), and there was nothing along the lines of them trying to convince other people their pisskop reads were wrong or them trying to derail the wagon. if i was in Errant's position here, with a town read on pisskop, i would have been a hell of a lot more aggressive than this. as it is, there was literally fucking nothing - a few reads on other players and then them asking pisskop himself about his Titus read.

the last one felt especially out of place. i sure as hell don't approach a wagon on my town read by ... bouncing reads off them ... i put all of my focus and energy into questioning the people *on* the fucking wagon, not the person who's being wagoned, which is probably one of the most useless things i can think of in terms of derailing it. it felt more like they were just sitting back and letting the wagon happen as opposed to actually doing anything about it.

in general, my impression is that Errant has completely faded away after their catchup. i could easily see this coming from scum who isn't sure how they can generate passable content after catching up/is trying to coast. i *have* seen Errant play similarly as scum in my last game with them in terms of posting walls of content and then fading with no follow-through on any of it (basically the same pattern as here), i don't know if they have a tendency to play the same way as town, though.

i haven't checked Errant's catchup in depth, nor have i checked the overall activity level around D4/D5 (if it was generally low, i could be wrong about my impression of them being ridiculously passive).

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”