acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:32 am

Post by acryon »

In post 172, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Wrong.

If I said "an is only posting the word pink" then it's misrepresenting him regardless of my intention. I'm not saying diction is the difference between misrepresenting and sharing an opinion, I'm saying it's the difference in THIS SCENARIO.

It contradicts because I'm saying an shouldn't say things he doesn't know. You agreed that he can't know it so unless you think he should say things he can't know, it contradicts everything you've been arguing for.

But the issue is we all understand that no one
knows
anything, so you're just being thick if you're accusing someone of on the basis that they are pretending that they do since that's the foundation of the game and it's clear that everyone knows they can't.

And even then, Anen could have been reading through the thread and saw someone post the word pink multiple times and mention "wow they are only posting the word pink" and it would be clear that the intention of his post was to say "wow they seem to be talking mostly about pink". People commonly speak in hyperbole, especially on the internet and especially in this game, so given that, it seems a little silly to accuse people of misrepresentation for something so commonplace and generally benign.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:32 am

Post by acryon »

In post 173, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:I'm not doing this. I'll discuss this with y'all when I get back. Go back and reread everything y'all are posting, perhaps if you knew what you were arguing you'd figure out that y'all are contradicting yourselves left and right just to get a chance to disagree with me. What you are arguing (for the most part) isn't even game relevant and honestly after reading your posts it looks like you're attacking me because you feel like attacking me and you're not even paying attention to what you're saying. So. Go back. Figure out where you messed up and I won't have to take you apart when I get back. This isn't really game relevant but it's a point I feel really strongly about and if you don't back off I will fight this.

I look forward to getting taken apart :wink:
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

Oh and one more thing just so you can know exactly what I'm saying in case it wasn't clear before:

The only thing I was disputing about aneninens post was this:

1. This is an ok statement: "eagle looked like he had a really scummy attitude to a lot of players that game." I won't dispute this, I actually agree
2. This is not an ok statement: "eagle's attitude was really scummy that game" this is not ok he doesn't know what's going on inside my head
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:42 am

Someone please raptor him before I get back. This is a personal matter he's invaded and is pushing on and I swear if he still pushes this when I get back I will push back like he's pushing me: personally.
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 177, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:1. This is an ok statement: "eagle looked like he had a really scummy attitude to a lot of players that game." I won't dispute this, I actually agree
2. This is not an ok statement: "eagle's attitude was really scummy that game" this is not ok he doesn't know what's going on inside my head

Split hairs much? I mean WTF, we all know that he can't really get inside your head. The two statements are the same to any reasonable player.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:14 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 150, KainTepes wrote:What do you think about xtoxm?? He still needs to answer his question, he is taking too long,

Not much, so far.

In post 154, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Spam posting just gives scum a good place to hide and begs for a policy lynch.

The first part is very true.
Policy lynches, on the other hand, are never good.

In post 155, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Unless you'd like to explain what my attitude is and why my attitude is "scummy?"

If I knew, I'd point it out.
In YCBA many players thought you were scum, although I didn't think so, I put you somewhere in the wallspam-town section.
Now, your gameplay is different and if I hadn't met you before, I'd put you in the "bad-town" section.
But it's clear that your posts are different here and I don't know it's happening because you've changed your gamestyle or because you're scum.

In post 162, acryon wrote:
In post 93, Aneninen wrote:
Maybe he should be investigated if we have that one. Although, there may be a Godfather on the scum side.

I just read this again and it reads so bad. It's such a nothing comment.
VOTE: Aneninen

And I'll be even more speculative later.
I'd explained my reasons for doing so in the sign-up thread, before the game started.

In post 163, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:My play style changes every game.

Okay, that's a kind of answer.
As for the later posts: what do you mean by "Aneninen shouldn't have said things he doesn't know"? I don't get it.

This?
In post 177, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:1. This is an ok statement: "eagle looked like he had a really scummy attitude to a lot of players that game." I won't dispute this, I actually agree

Originally, I said this:
In post 93, Aneninen wrote:I remember Eagle from a recently finished game. Plenty of players wanted to lynch him because he'd had a kind of scummy attitude. This attitude seems just as scummy, however, different to that one. Either he's changed his gamestyle (I think he said so) or he's scum.

Also, see my post above about the topic.

You're making something out of nothing.

In post 178, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Someone please raptor him before I get back. This is a personal matter he's invaded and is pushing on and I swear if he still pushes this when I get back I will push back like he's pushing me: personally.

Was that for me?
If so, I still don't get it why do you think I offened you or something like that.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:15 am

Post by KainTepes »

Why are you being so angry Eagle?? Nobody insulted you,
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:15 am

Post by pisskop »

Votecount 1.05

Extrapolated Eagle
- (3) smudger, Kop, Persivul,
Mad King Ashnard
- (3) Aneninen, KuroiXHF, KainTepes
smudger
- (1) xtoxm
aneninen
- (2) Mad King Ashnard, Acryon
TOWNIE247
- (1) davesaz
kop
- (1) TOWNIE247
KainTepes
- (1) Burning Crystal

Not Voting
- Extrapolated Eagle

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to Lynch!
Day 01 Deadlne is (expired on 2016-03-01 09:00:00).

Extrapoloated Eagle is V/LA 21FEB16
Last edited by pisskop on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:16 am

Post by KainTepes »

I think Anenine must be good, because he tried to teach me how to play the game,

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 183, KainTepes wrote:I think Anenine must be good, because he tried to teach me how to play the game,

That's not an alignment tell.

Also, I'm asking it again.
Does anyone think that I've offended Eagle? If so, when?
I only know if I found something offensive, I'm telling it instantly and I try to keep the topic as far from the in-game things as I can. Actually it's ironic, because exactly the same happened a couple of page ago.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:26 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 184, Aneninen wrote:Does anyone think that I've offended Eagle?

I don't. I suspect he's making an issue out of it to try to distract from real issues like the flip-flop on the BC read.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:08 am

Post by acryon »

In post 184, Aneninen wrote:
In post 183, KainTepes wrote:I think Anenine must be good, because he tried to teach me how to play the game,

Also, I'm asking it again.
Does anyone think that I've offended Eagle? If so, when?
I only know if I found something offensive, I'm telling it instantly and I try to keep the topic as far from the in-game things as I can. Actually it's ironic, because exactly the same happened a couple of page ago.

Definitely not. I don't think I did anything personally like he was suggesting either.
Burning Crystal
Burning Crystal
Goon
Burning Crystal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:12 am

Post by Burning Crystal »

Why no comment after EE's attempt to teach you?
Titus / tn5421
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:19 am

Yes you offended me but screw it it doesn't matter. Apparently I'm not allowed to have feelings this game. I'm not going on vacation angry, but I would like to know what on earth everyone thinks I'm trying to distract from. The fact that a lot of people thought I was town when I was scum?
"@EE
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:29 am

Post by KainTepes »

He called me fake and overreacting, I did not see how he tried to teach me because i was upset at him calling me fake, no one calls me fake that is what bullies do

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 188, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Yes you offended me but screw it it doesn't matter. Apparently I'm not allowed to have feelings this game. I'm not going on vacation angry, but I would like to know what on earth everyone thinks I'm trying to distract from. The fact that a lot of people thought I was town when I was scum?

I don't get it.
If I offended you, explain where and with what.
Noone said that you weren't allowed to have feelings.

My problem with this game is much easier and much more in-game.
After 8 pages I got nothing. Not a single read. Partly because we have to explain a lot of things to KainThraddash, partly because of your argument with Acryon (and others?) whether I'd offended you or not.

Can't we just play, as always? Getting reads on each other, town- and scumreading each other, fighting each other because of
in-game
things eg. scummy posts, pushing wagons, counter-wagons, and so on?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 189, KainTepes wrote:He called me fake and overreacting, I did not see how he tried to teach me because i was upset at him calling me fake, no one calls me fake that is what bullies do

Actually he tried.
Bully = scum in that sentence?
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:44 am

Post by KainTepes »

No I just mean actual bullies... I am still not sure if it is scummy or not

Burning Crystal
Burning Crystal
Goon
Burning Crystal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Burning Crystal »

In post 154, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:@KT just remember aggressive != loud necessarily. Something I'm still learning is that loud just makes you look foolish, it floods the thread and moves it nowhere, and it gives the people you "push" a good reason to ignore you. A good aggressive player speaks the words he needs to when he needs to where he needs to. Don't put all your cards on the table at once, it's ok to push one place with your eye somewhere else. Think before you post: "where does this get me?" Ask questions, but ask questions when you need answers that aren't obvious, and don't state the obvious. Spam posting just gives scum a good place to hide and begs for a policy lynch.

Please find something else to do with your time, take notes on the game or something, taking notes can actually help your reads because you can think it out on paper. I used to play like you. A lot like you. I still do a little bit at times. I think I've come a long way. Please don't post three pages a day in a game with three players if you aren't going anywhere with it.

This isn't bullying KT at all.
EE is scummy in his own right.
it looks like you're trying to buddy Anen and not EE. So why?
Titus / tn5421
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:00 am

Post by KainTepes »

Not that post, Eagle said I am "fake as hell" which is hurtful...
I do not know if Eagle is scum or town but I think Anen is good, he has been helpful and pressuring people,,!

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:02 am

Post by Persivul »

Not liking Mr. Self-Proclaimed Aggressive turning to AtE all of a sudden.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:04 am

Post by KainTepes »

Wat is AtE??

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:08 am

Post by acryon »

In post 196, KainTepes wrote:Wat is AtE??

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... to_Emotion

A nice tip with terms around here is you can generally just Google the term + mafiscum (i.e "ate mafiascum") and the wiki page will pop up.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 196, KainTepes wrote:Wat is AtE??

Appeal to emotion. Saying your feelings are hurt, etc.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:10 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 188, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Yes you offended me but screw it it doesn't matter. Apparently I'm not allowed to have feelings this game. I'm not going on vacation angry, but I would like to know what on earth everyone thinks I'm trying to distract from. The fact that a lot of people thought I was town when I was scum?

Comments about your attitude are really comments about the perception of your attitude from your behavior. I agree nobody can really know what's going on in your head, but we can see what's showing up in the thread. If it helps you to distance the appearance from reality, just stick a "it looks like" in front of any comments you read about attitude. Just my advice FWIW, I know it might be hard to mentally apply that filter but it's what I do. Not always successfully...
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord

Return to “Completed Open Games”