New York 194: Guns N' Roses Mafia! (Day 8)

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Drixx »

Color me embarrassed. I recall ABR saying you were town and I didn't bother to go check to be sure my memory was correct and you were town there. You can find ample evidence in my scum games that I wouldn't fail to go check a detail like that. If I were scum, you wouldn't catch me because of something like that.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Killthestory »

How about I color you as scum?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 651, Killthestory wrote:How about I color you as scum?

You can do whatever you like, but if you put me in the scum pile, do go ahead and reconcile yourself to being wrong.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 539, Drixx wrote:I think I probably just missed your question Performer. I stayed up from 9pm Sunday until 2:30am last night for non-mafia related stuffs, and I've been mostly recuperating from that today.

In post 596, Drixx wrote:
In post 593, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 406, Drixx wrote:I am unequivocally NOT a survivor, or any other sort of third party.

I take this as admission of being scum.

You take it wrong.

Oh really now.
You replaced into the MafiaT slot, which I've held as a scumread and nothing that's been posted since the replace-in, has changed my mind.

Also, I inquired why your predecessor claimed 2-shot Cop for no good reason, then you ignored my question...then I asked about why you ignored it, and you're trying to play it off as if I never asked it? :eek:
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by pisskop »

beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 608, SnarkySnowman wrote:I'm reading rubeus as apathy and not scummy, I think.

apathy is related to scumminess
apathy is related to lurking, which is scummy
if we let scum just idle by , that's not good.

Can someone provide me the tag to make individual posts clickable links? Thanks

@Frag You have to highlight the post number , then click the "post" button . Click "Preview" button to test it out.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Performer »

Hi pk. How are you doing.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 653, Performer wrote:
In post 539, Drixx wrote:I think I probably just missed your question Performer. I stayed up from 9pm Sunday until 2:30am last night for non-mafia related stuffs, and I've been mostly recuperating from that today.

In post 406, Drixx wrote:I am unequivocally NOT a survivor, or any other sort of third party.

You take it wrong.

Oh really now.
You replaced into the MafiaT slot, which I've held as a scumread and nothing that's been posted since the replace-in, has changed my mind.

Also, I inquired why your predecessor claimed 2-shot Cop for no good reason, then you ignored my question...then I asked about why you ignored it, and you're trying to play it off as if I never asked it? :eek:

Can we stop doing this
It's not funny anymore and it doesn't advance the game.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Performer »

@Something I ..wasn't going for funny . But if you have a strong objection to it, I'll stop it then
----
In post 626, GuyFawkes wrote:
@mod
- I don't think I ever voted for performer

What're your thoughts on anything else in the game. I noticed you held onto your vote on jam for the longest time. Thoughts on the wagons? Thoughts on the replace-ins Drip & Drixx? I've townread Drip/Golden and scumread the latter - Drixx/MafiaT.

From my scum game with Drix (he was a head of a hydra), he posted plenty wall posts and advocated being highly logical. In here, his posts haven't been that way. Not to mention his predecessor was already a scumread of mine from . So I'm fine with Reub/Drix/iraon . Maybe others too (lurkers for instance) but we can deal with that when the time comes.
In post 627, Killthestory wrote:We should PL Irao for being annoying

The sudden pg 25 imitation of Dripping, was super strange to me as well.

What does this post point too, what's your intentions?

@Kop the talk of no lynch was general theorizing. I don't believe a no lynch would help us either, in this game state
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 650, Drixx wrote:Color me embarrassed. I recall ABR saying you were town and I didn't bother to go check to be sure my memory was correct and you were town there. You can find ample evidence in my scum games that I wouldn't fail to go check a detail like that. If I were scum, you wouldn't catch me because of something like that.

Wait a sec. This may actually be true and I may actually be wrong about you. O _ o Although your posts like the one you made about people throwing proverbial pasta on walls, I find that questionable because that's not what I'm seeing...

What are your thoughts on the lurkers like GuyFawke & Boonskies?
Would you say your town and scum meta are not prone to much change, therefore stable? (unlike players like Radiantcowbell, Titus, etc)
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Performer »

Also fine with a Creature lynch – nonchalant entrance on pg 7, along with Something’s post on this slot. Also can agree with Ozgin’s sound-looking case on Creature
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 638, Kop wrote:VOTE: Iraonavp

Actually not contributing a lot to peoples posts, and is just basically saying this is town this is scum, without actually engaging into the content that is here. If your failing to actually contribute to posts that you are quoting, you can't say anything incriminating or leaving your self up to possible contradictions.

I apologize for my evident incapability to produce engaging content. In future I will strive to make posts that are interesting and entertaining. It doesn't actually make me scum-aligned, though.

Also, it was obviously a joke.

Also, DragonGoofBall is literally doing exactly what you described.

Also, you have 9 posts.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 641, Something_Smart wrote:Ira's series of posts in imitation of DGB is interesting. It's pretty obvious that he's upset about being scumread and is trying to do whatever he can to be townread, the problem being that both alignments do this.

I'm not very upset about being read as scum-aligned. Maybe a little. I just wanted to show how inscrutable DragonGoofBall was being.

I definitely don't like him quoting his own post and calling it town.

Why don't you like this? I am town-aligned.

@Ira re: : I do think it produced reactions, whether you intended it or not (though you called it "provocative" so I would think you did). Notably from Fragger and Performer. What do you think about those reactions?

Maybe it means that they take life too seriously. Need to relax a bit.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Unfortunately, I do not endorse any of the wagons on Reubus Swagrid, Creature, or I.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Sorry. I'll catch up as soon as I can. I won't get prodded again.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by Egg »

Ok, catching up.

I want to echo the thought that Rubeus' excuse of the number of players making it hard to have opinions worries me. And he replaced Ness so I'd be pretty coolwith lynching that slot. 533 may have had a bit of the ol' Amished tell too. And his "any suggestions?" response to sircakez asking for his scum reads rubs me the wrong way.

DGB, you seem most confident on Drixx being scum, but voted Rubeus. Am I misunderstanding your level of confidence in one or both of those reads or is there something else I'm missing?

Drixx's 602 is a weird reaction to a bussing accusation. I don't like his attempt to discredit DGB's scum read on him in 642 either.

Irao, why did you copy DGB's "this is town" posting style thing? (I have to admit I chuckled at the vote count and your own post being posts you called town)

Kop, you said Irao is giving out town reads too easily. Then you voted him for the "this is town, this is scum" posts saying he isn't engaging people. What is your read on DGB who made a few similar posts?

Slandaar's Frag-Drixx theory interests me. If one of them flips scum, it will interest me a lot more.

Not a fan of Frag dodging Slandaar's question because he feels it's loaded. It feels like he's worried more about the way he's percieved than he is putting legitimate information in the thread. Like he has something to hide. Like a scum PM.

SomethingSmart shares a lot of opinions with me. Not sure what I think about that.

Bugs, are you stil scumreading Rubeus? If so, why switch to Irao?
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 665, Egg wrote:Irao, why did you copy DGB's "this is town" posting style thing? (I have to admit I chuckled at the vote count and your own post being posts you called town)

DrippingGoofball was just spamming random unexplained things, many of which I disagreed with. So I thought I'd return the favor.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

In post 663, iraonavp wrote:Unfortunately, I do not endorse any of the wagons on Reubus Swagrid, Creature, or I.

I think you're town iraonavp, but I thought the Ness slot was scum and I don't like the way Reubus has replaced in but done nothing. So what don't you like about that wagon?

Drixx

Since you entered, I see exactly one post that has even an arguable piece of scum-hunting in it (). Everything else is fluff or defensive. You can add me to the list of people who suspect you. Are you ready to commit to some reads yet?

Fragger

I agree with Egg: a loaded question is nothing to fear if you're town. I can't point to anything specifically you've posted that's scummy but I don't get good vibes from your posts.

Town Leans

Something_Smart, Slandaar, iraonavp, DGB, Performer, Egg, Killthestory, SirCakez

Suspicious

Creature, Jam, ilikebugs, Fragger

Scum Leans

Reubus, Drixx

If you're not listed, I either can't work you out or you've lurked.
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 653, Performer wrote:

You take it wrong.

Oh really now.

Fishing for an Amished Tell? Whatever my predecessor may have been saying or doing or whatever gambits or reaction tests or things they said just for shits and giggles; there's absolutely nothing for me to say about them. I'm not that person and my mind reading device stopped functioning the day after the warranty expired. Trying to explain what a slot predecessor meant or was doing or really anything about them is both futile and scummy.

You should judge me on my own merits when I post that I've caught up and give my thoughts. Feel free to weigh your judgment of me against whatever you think of the slot prior to when I got it, but please don't expect me to suddenly start doing irrational things.

And I could have sworn that when I first replaced in I said "I'm pretty sure my predecessor probably DIDN'T make any outrageous claims" or something to that effect, as someone dropped a similar question on me.

In post 659, Performer wrote:
In post 650, Drixx wrote:Color me embarrassed. I recall ABR saying you were town and I didn't bother to go check to be sure my memory was correct and you were town there. You can find ample evidence in my scum games that I wouldn't fail to go check a detail like that. If I were scum, you wouldn't catch me because of something like that.

Wait a sec. This may actually be true and I may actually be wrong about you. O _ o Although your posts like the one you made about people throwing proverbial pasta on walls, I find that questionable because that's not what I'm seeing...

What are your thoughts on the lurkers like GuyFawke & Boonskies?
Would you say your town and scum meta are not prone to much change, therefore stable? (unlike players like Radiantcowbell, Titus, etc)

Boonskies has been low activity in every game I've played with him. It's frustrating ... which I suppose should make me get more active. In my defense, I had a really strange weekend and have been super busy. Things are calmer now and you can expect to see actual stuffs from me. Lurking, in general, is something I find frustrating. Again, something one might accuse me of up to this point.

As for my meta; self-meta analysis is unreliable, but since you asked: I am generally always trying to improve my play. The few times I've attempted to radically alter my play resulted in poor results, so I tend to change slowly. I've been a bit more aggressive recently, and that has served me well.

I mean ... obviously not in this game yet, but as I said; I've been a little busy. It happens occasionally.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:34 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

Why would I care about my appearance? I know I'm town based off the Role PM I received. Doesn't mean I have to allow a precedent of allowing Slandaar to ask loaded questions just so he can twist it up. Anyone else in the game saw I didn't attempt to jump on the no lynch subject cause I would of kept harping on it.
GP:6 Town W/L (2-4) Mafia W/L (0-0)

Currently Playing: NY 194: GnR Mafia
Currently Modding: None
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:26 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

I'll post more later.

I'm literally so tired that I parked my car & reached for my keys in the ignition & dozed off.
GP:6 Town W/L (2-4) Mafia W/L (0-0)

Currently Playing: NY 194: GnR Mafia
Currently Modding: None
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:39 am

Post by Performer »

In post 663, iraonavp wrote:Unfortunately, I do not endorse any of the wagons on Reubus Swagrid, Creature, or I.

...I don't see how anyone could be thinking of calling them town unless they were scum. You also pegged Drip, Frag, and Kop as scum, which I don't think they are
Spoiler: OOC
Maybe it means that they take life too seriously. Need to relax a bit.
@ira I like this advice. Too many serious things going on irl . Unfortunately I still have you as "should be lynched on d1"
---

@Frag well. If he was asking loaded questions, you ask his motives for asking them. And if he ends up using them to twist you up, then you can call him out for them. But I've yet to recall an instance where Slandaar twisted someone this game (as in misrep someone).
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:45 am

Post by Performer »

Hmm. There's something different about Drixx this game. In his scum game with me as well as his attesting to his scum game sounding more ... logical & proactive, his play here after some extra thought, is making me doubt my read on him. And after his response post in , I'd like to place him at null for now

@Drixx I was hoping you'd tell us about your
stances
on Guy & Boon. Yes we can say we are frustrated about them . But with your experience in FM , based on what you've seen from their meta (if you played with them) , and what you observed in this game - would you place them in your scum list ? If not, why not?
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:47 am

Post by Performer »

@Anyone not voting the wagons please consolidate votes on Creature, Reub , or ira - suggestion of combining votes on the largest wagon , whichever it is right now. We have 5 days remaining, I'd like for us to progress the game further rather than leave it to the last 48 hours to make scrambling choices
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:56 am

Post by Drixx »

@Performer - I've read the thread. I'm going back through now and taking notes, as is my usual custom. I'll give you a more substantive answer when I've done so, along with some other thoughts.

My memory from my read through says that Boonskiies has posted almost nothing to read him by, which is par for the course. I've seen him use the low activity approach to very effective purpose as town; like ... he generally appears to be caught up with the game once he finally engages. So my experience would probably make me default to assuming he's doing it strategically, either to survive until later when he seems to be better at scumhunting, or to match his meta of doing that as town. I'll take special care to spend time on his ISO.

I don't recall playing with Guy before, so I can only judge him based upon what I see here. I don't really put a lot of stock in spending time meta diving people. It's time intensive and relying upon meta is a really good way to get snookered.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”