Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 406, Simoyd wrote:he still has almost a week to drop the ego if he chooses... If he's scum then he can't really choose to do that, because the motivations aren't ego.

@hoppic: what makes you think he's town?
I don't. I'm leaning scum on him but I'm not sure.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm pretty good with Ras/Sim/Alpaca being town and scum being in wgeurts/Hoppic/Murph. Everyone else is in the middle.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Simoyd »

Policy is because He's intentionally behaving as scum, which he has openly confirmed and admitted.

I can't tell the difference between his ego motivation and scum motivation. It's entirely possible he has both. I don't see any town motivation in any of his posts.

Yes it would be stupid for scum to behave like this, but it's also stupid for town to behave like that, so I don't understand that argument...
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I may have a blind spot to Seth. I just don't see anything particularly negative there. Perhaps if someone presented a formal case against him I could be persuaded.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 422, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 340, Hoppic wrote:So did you wonder the same thing? Or not?
Of course. I wouldn't have said it otherwise.
So why did you say, "i think I would wonder the same thing" if you knew you were wondering the same thing?
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 422, RedCoyote wrote:Maybe you're town and you're just ridiculously arrogant.
Is there anything specific that you think is arrogant? or just 336?
In post 336, Simoyd wrote:I don't want to manipulate you. and I don't want you to sheep me. It's an observation and I feel you've gone past the point where I can target specific things that I think are incorrect or inconsistent. I think I've been pretty clear on things that I disagree about with you, and I think you've tried to be clear about your perspective as well. I think that other people should just review your stuff with tunnelling in mind and come up with their own opinion and contribute it.
This post is little more than buzzwords and phrases. If you have a question for me, ask it. This grandstanding does nothing for me.
Yea sorry I was just trying to tactfully say that I disagree with some things. We had already talked about said things, but I didn't have any questions for you that weren't just banter/noise. My intention wasn't to posture.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Hoppic »

Are the roles in this game assigned randomly? Is it possible for mafia to be 2 experienced players or 2 noobs, or is it always 1 experienced player and 1 noob?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 429, Hoppic wrote:
So why did you say, "i think I would wonder the same thing" if you knew you were wondering the same thing?
Because I'm talking to other people, not myself. See, that's the difference between you and me. I don't speak like other people should believe/think the same way I do, which I find overbearingly manipulative and scummy. Perhaps you don't have a problem with it (clearly you don't since you're criticizing me for not dictating my thoughts as though I think they should be mandatory thoughts).

---
In post 430, Simoyd wrote:
In post 422, RedCoyote wrote:Maybe you're town and you're just ridiculously arrogant.
Is there anything specific that you think is arrogant? or just 336?
Mostly just that post, but I have to excuse you behavior in some way if I think you are town, you understand. Naturally, I would expect you to do the same thing if I said something you didn't necessarily agree with.

---
In post 431, Hoppic wrote:Are the roles in this game assigned randomly? Is it possible for mafia to be 2 experienced players or 2 noobs, or is it always 1 experienced player and 1 noob?
It's all random.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 403, Hoppic wrote:Also I really dislike this logic of let's lynch him for being a bad town player... in a beginner's game on day 1. A policy lynch? I don't think so.
My reasoning is that I imagine playing scum, telling everyone that I'm town but intentionally behaving as scum, then making sure every post of mine shows blatant scum motivation. How would town detect that that player is scum? I don't see how you would. I think that players need to defend themselves. I don't see Seth doing that.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 432, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 429, Hoppic wrote:
Because I'm talking to other people, not myself. See, that's the difference between you and me. I don't speak like other people should believe/think the same way I do, which I find overbearingly manipulative and scummy. Perhaps you don't have a problem with it (clearly you don't since you're criticizing me for not dictating my thoughts as though I think they should be mandatory thoughts).

---
so you were wondering the same thing but you also thought that you would wonder the same thing if you were a different person who was also town?
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Hoppic »

Sorry messed up the quote format.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 432, RedCoyote wrote:
It's all random.
Thanks
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I talk to people that
aren't
me and
don't necessarily
think like me, yes.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 426, RedCoyote wrote:I'm pretty good with Ras/Sim/Alpaca being town and scum being in wgeurts/Hoppic/Murph. Everyone else is in the middle.
Can you sum up the latter 3 reads for me? I know you've been in the details but if you could just condense them for me that would be appreciated.
deranged and incoherent
?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 401, Hoppic wrote:
In post 386, wgeurts wrote:{wgeurts}
{Simoyd}
{Raskolnikov, Murph}
{AlpacaAlpaca}
{KaladinStormblessed}
{Hoppic, RedCoyote}
{SethYazura}

I need not say anything about this post, if you don't see how it's dreadful then you're blind. If you insist I can guide you through it if you truly are so unfortunate.
I've already explained how it can be scum play.

Yes, that would be good if you could explain why you don't like this list. Thanks.

So far, you've explained why Seth's actions don't make sense to you. The thing is, they don't make sense as scum OR as town. So why do you think he's scum?
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Wow.
I've already explained how it can be scum play.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 403, Hoppic wrote:
In post 389, Simoyd wrote:
In post 357, SethYazura wrote:What will you gain if I flip town?
In post 351, Simoyd wrote:Can you imagine seth being around still hurting town on day two?
In post 387, wgeurts wrote:I'm willing to policy lynch Seth due to that readslist alone, someone playing like that is going to coast to lylo and lose us the game.
yup
How can one player coast to lylo? This makes no sense. One vote isn't enough to do that and the game will change after the first flip whatever it is.

Also I really dislike this logic of let's lynch him for being a bad town player... in a beginner's game on day 1. A policy lynch? I don't think so.
If we don't lynch him and he is town he won't ever get killed by the mafia. Simple as that. In lylo we will lose as a result.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by SethYazura »

In post 433, Simoyd wrote:
In post 403, Hoppic wrote:Also I really dislike this logic of let's lynch him for being a bad town player... in a beginner's game on day 1. A policy lynch? I don't think so.
I think that players need to defend themselves. I don't see Seth doing that.
So all of my past posts intended to defend myself is not actually defense in your book?
I can't give you a scum read as I don't trust everyone else except KaladinStormblessed for the newbtowniness and RedCoyote not pushing to lynch me when he has the perfect opportunity to do so without drawing suspicion on himself. I only explained wgeurts and Simonyd as the rest of the players are parroting them except RC.
If you can't decide I am town, but can't decide I am scum either, don't push me for a lynch, I asked you a question what will you gain if I flip town, and who is my partner if I am scum? Of course you ignored this and call it nonsense.
Emotions do sway and influence posts and the players won't even notice this, we can quickly notice this in another player if I am actually scum.
The difference between a mafia and a town is that you don't feel alone
A mafia is an organization, which in turn form greater bonds
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by SethYazura »

In post 441, wgeurts wrote: If we don't lynch him and he is town he won't ever get killed by the mafia. Simple as that. In lylo we will lose as a result.
In our setup you can only make two mislynches and you are telling us you already know who to lynch next after you mislynch me? Who is my scum partner then if you can't make a mistake already who to lynch next?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Red Coyote, me not having drawn scum in so long was a comment for people to take into consideration of the thought I could play a great scum game.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 427, Simoyd wrote:Policy is because He's intentionally behaving as scum, which he has openly confirmed and admitted.

I can't tell the difference between his ego motivation and scum motivation. It's entirely possible he has both. I don't see any town motivation in any of his posts.

Yes it would be stupid for scum to behave like this, but it's also stupid for town to behave like that, so I don't understand that argument...
He claims to no longer be acting as scum. If town never act like scum there would never be a way to catch scum. Players can and do play awfully as scum, if you suspect someone of doing go know that too scummy to be scum is false.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 428, RedCoyote wrote:I may have a blind spot to Seth. I just don't see anything particularly negative there. Perhaps if someone presented a formal case against him I could be persuaded.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 442, SethYazura wrote:
In post 433, Simoyd wrote:
I think that players need to defend themselves. I don't see Seth doing that.
So all of my past posts intended to defend myself is not actually defense in your book?
I can't give you a scum read as I don't trust everyone else except KaladinStormblessed for the newbtowniness and RedCoyote not pushing to lynch me when he has the perfect opportunity to do so without drawing suspicion on himself. I only explained wgeurts and Simonyd as the rest of the players are parroting them except RC.
If you can't decide I am town, but can't decide I am scum either, don't push me for a lynch, I asked you a question what will you gain if I flip town, and who is my partner if I am scum? Of course you ignored this and call it nonsense.
Emotions do sway and influence posts and the players won't even notice this, we can quickly notice this in another player if I am actually scum.
Hoppic and RC would make perfect sense as partners to be honest.
Also saying we're just calling all your stuff crumpets which isnt the case is not a defense.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by SethYazura »

In post 444, wgeurts wrote:Red Coyote, me not having drawn scum in so long was a comment for people to take into consideration of the thought I could play a great scum game.
Heh
Also saying we're just calling all your stuff crumpets which isnt the case is not a defense.
Why did you deny that you're calling my stuff crumpets, calling me crumpets means you can't understand me or you are being ignorant, this is significant enough to be a case. You are pressing on me for a lynch when you admit you can't even understand what I'm saying.
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by SethYazura »

Why no one wants to answer my two questions bothers me a lot,
what will you gain if I flip town, and who is my partner if you think I am scum?
In post 443, SethYazura wrote:
In post 441, wgeurts wrote: If we don't lynch him and he is town he won't ever get killed by the mafia. Simple as that. In lylo we will lose as a result.
In our setup you can only make two mislynches and you are telling us you already know who to lynch next after you mislynch me? Who is my scum partner then if you can't make a mistake already who to lynch next?
Everyone ignores this, and if not ignored, called nonsense.

"Call someone nonsense and the ever obedient parroting town will put a rope on his neck" - wgeurts
"Ignore a post, and it will be treated as non-existent by a parroting town" - wgeurts

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”