AlpacaAlpaca (0) -
Murph (0) -
Hoppic (0) -
Raskolnikov (0) -
RadiantCowbells (0) -
RedCoyote (3) - Raskolnikov, Murph, RadiantCowbells

Not Voting: Hoppic, KaladinStormblessed

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

Activity Notes: RadiantCowbells is on V/LA until June 12.
Raskolnikov is on V/LA until June 12.
KaladinStormblessed is on V/LA until June 18.

Day 2 deadline is Thursday June 16th at 11:15 pm PDT which is in (expired on 2016-06-16 23:15:00)
Last edited by Equinox on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 799, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: RedCoyote

My only real scumread on reading this game.
Where is the classic RC partner spec at????
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

This is a newbie game. I will mention that repeatedly until such time as cases and explanations appear here.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

If guilt tripping does not work I may or may not do other annoying things to work towards that end.

But for now I'm just getting flashbacks. To a time long long ago. I wasn't even born then but I remember somehow the year 1685. I feel like I messed up big time there, but completely ignoring that of course there was also this case I never really understood... A case forever unsolved. To this day we still don't know what made azorius a bad person; the charges were later dropped and he went on to run a very successful construction pizza tool sharpening business.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Actually fk this deadline is closer than I though.

Committing to this tomorrow.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:35 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

I apologize for the any perceived slight rudeness in my preceeding 1 AM somewhat-tipsy posts.

To reiterate though I very much do want to know how/why you do scumread him because coming in and saying you scumread the strongest wagon isn't very difficult, and I think the newbies would love it too.
deranged and incoherent
?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:45 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I know I legit feel bad but this isn't an 'I don't want to produce a case it's so hard' its an 'I can't string 10 minutes together to do this' thing.

He has a lot of uncertain and 'garden path' sentences that don't really make sense, he seemed to just take the townreads on him from Hoppic at face value,
This strikes me as a town mindset. I guess because I think I would wonder the same thing as town.
This feels like a sort of a slip, all the waiting to post until people are on feels like he's only doing it for towncred, etc.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

How unfortunate Radiant is allowed to get away with such deliberate apathy. I would recommend y'all not let him or KS do the same thing tomorrow (for KS it would be the third (!) day of doing it). Hoppic, do you see Radiant's as obvious of a buddy attempt as I do given that he's effectively just mimicking your D1 argument?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 807, RedCoyote wrote:How unfortunate Radiant is allowed to get away with such deliberate apathy.
Why yes indeed sir, how very unfortunate. I second this notion and propose sanctions of utmost severity imposed against said person with the intent to curtail this rather despicable behaviour.
The question naturally arises, for what purpose would a gentleman of reasonable vigor and a modicum of common sense have replaced into such a game as this if they did not possess but 10 minutes of time to dedicate to the fulfilment of such responsibilities? Truly reprehensible.
deranged and incoherent
?
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Hoppic »

In post 807, RedCoyote wrote:How unfortunate Radiant is allowed to get away with such deliberate apathy. I would recommend y'all not let him or KS do the same thing tomorrow (for KS it would be the third (!) day of doing it). Hoppic, do you see Radiant's as obvious of a buddy attempt as I do given that he's effectively just mimicking your D1 argument?
Yeah, I played with radiantcowbells before, and he was scum and gave up and kinda fessed and dumped his newbie partner. So, idk. Maybe he's just lazy. If he's town, I'm glad he's voting, unlike kaladin.

You should consider claiming maybe.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:50 pm

In post 807, RedCoyote wrote:How unfortunate Radiant is allowed to get away with such deliberate apathy. I would recommend y'all not let him or KS do the same thing tomorrow (for KS it would be the third (!) day of doing it). Hoppic, do you see Radiant's as obvious of a buddy attempt as I do given that he's effectively just mimicking your D1 argument?
'deliberate apathy'

meanwhile this is the same across all my games.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:51 am

Post by Murph »

Good morning y'all

:coffee:
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:13 am

Post by RedCoyote »

It doesn't matter, Radiant. You volunteered to replace in. You were given ample time. You know better than to make a commitment if you cannot fulfill it. It's not even as though this game is particularly involved. I'd say it's about average length for the amount of players/type of game.

I'm a VT, Hoppic, but, again, y'all are making a serious error in judgment. I hope someone on my wagon has the foresight to take a step back and see that I'm being railroaded here. The town has focused on the wrong things all game.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Murph »

@ Red
What should we be focused on then ?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:44 am

Post by Equinox »

AlpacaAlpaca and KaladinStormblessed have been prodded.

As KaladinStormblessed is currently on V/LA, this prod will not count against him.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:29 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Originally, there was a long, drawn out focus on Seth's supposed bad play. When I asked numerous people to explain this to me, I did not receive any well organized response. wgeurts did a fair job, but when I engaged him, he stopped responding to me. Further, I never trusted that slot (wgeurts) to begin with, and I have pointed out several reasons as to why this slot should be given more critical attention than it has. Ras and Alpaca have both shown some small signs of being interested in pressuring him, but, once Radiant replaced, both players seemed to use that as an excuse to ignore the slot completely.

KS has is also now being thoroughly ignored by everyone. You've thrown suspicion toward him, Murph, but since I'm the leading wagon and presumably still your top suspect, you've probably decided you're happy either way this day goes. No one else has really cared that KS is absent, however, and that's concerning. It would be one thing if he could be pointed to with reasons for being town read, but that hasn't happened thus far.

Like D1, I fear we're falling into this laziness trap. Eventually, you reach a point when no one wants to be "that guy" to fight against the grain late in the day and make an effort to try and stop what's easiest. I think the scum team is really banking on that right now and feeding into the lethargy to get past this day, get me lynched, and force the town into LYLO for two days in a row.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:29 am

Post by RedCoyote »

EBWOP: KS is also
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:52 am

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

I am only slightly offended that you missed that I am scumreading Kal and even have a vote on him, unfortunately he has decided to be v/la until after this day ends and because of that the pressure is on you since attacking someone who isn't here and can't defend themselves won't yield much results. I was planning on waiting until Friday when I fi ish ed exams to ISO the wgeurts/radiant slot but I totally didn't notice the amount of time we have left so I will be doing this later today. Though current thoughts are that radiant has made the slot more scummy but more on that later today. Current scum reads are Kal, Coyote and Radiant respectively but that order might change later when I go over everything.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:00 am

In post 812, RedCoyote wrote:It doesn't matter, Radiant. You volunteered to replace in. You were given ample time. You know better than to make a commitment if you cannot fulfill it. It's not even as though this game is particularly involved. I'd say it's about average length for the amount of players/type of game.

I'm a VT, Hoppic, but, again, y'all are making a serious error in judgment. I hope someone on my wagon has the foresight to take a step back and see that I'm being railroaded here. The town has focused on the wrong things all game.
obvscumobvscumobvscumobvscumobvscum
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Murph »

I guess we reconvene in the morning ?

Can I get a second ?
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Hoppic »

So I'll just go ahead and vote for redcoyote sometime later today then.
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by Hoppic »

Sorry. It's annoying to hold off on voting. It's just that whenever I hammer, people always get grumpy. But there's been lots of time for discussion
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

So you're really going to go through with it? You're really going to lynch your IC...?

Lol, jk. It's been fun, Hoppic. No hard feelings, my friend. Just, in the future, if you choose to stick around and continue with the website, remember that the easiest/safest/least-soul-searching choice is not necessarily the best one. I think deep down a part of you knows that you're taking the easy way out.

It's been fun playing with all of you guys. I really think all of you will make great scummers. I'll see y'all in post-game. :]
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

The Wgeurts/Radiant slot
Spoiler:
In post 21, wgeurts wrote:
In post 19, Murph wrote:@ Kal and geurts

Why do either of you have suspicions about a single D1 poster ?

Seems more like Seth was acknowledging/poking an acquaintance with a throw-away D1 vote.

If you think it's more nefarious, please share why.
If you noticed I didn't vote, as there are plenty of other explanation for Seth's actions and I stated as such. Instead what I'm more attempting to do is get content building up through posting my thoughts (even if they are pretty much nonsense or as sturdy as a castle made out of sand) and having others react to them, which in turn leads to more reactions by which point the ball is rolling and we can finally play.

On the other hand though seth's post
does
feel quite forced, do you not feel so?
In post 22, wgeurts wrote:
In post 18, KaladinStormblessed wrote:It's not as random cause it's the second vote on a person, with no real reason, but follow up votes are more suspicious than the first vote. Also you have a reason, joking revenge vote, he doesn't. I don't like to bounce my vote around so I wait to vote. Yes, I have done mafia before, a few games on gamefaqs, unsure if I'll be able to find links. Almost didn't post it for fear it'd be suspicious but didn't want to be silent.
Random votes often last a few pages, it being the second vote really doesn't say much at all. If seth is town he doesn't exactly have a lot of information to start building upon with the few posts before him. Do you follow what I'm saying? His post may read as forced but it may just be his style of posting, with him making an odd joke. It happens enough in games to be a viable possibility.

Newer players don't like voting a lot I've seen so fair enough there, why are you trying to not appear suspicious though? What would you reason for doing that be as town? I can't quite follow your motivation there and am leaning to saying that's likely scum behaviour.
In post 25, wgeurts wrote:The joke feels like he wanted to make a statement and appear likeable, though it's just a tonal thing and shouldn't be assigned much worth. It's not exactly the most objective of evidence however it's all I had to go with at first.

Thoughts on KS's post though?
So at the beggining here Wgeurts doesn't seem to think too much of the infamous Seth post that started it all
In post 133, wgeurts wrote:
SethYazura

Did I mention that seth's post
does
sound forced? :P
Anyway, that post is honestly worth nothing right now. His later posts are a lot more condemning. Post seems quite defensive, stating that he "made it sound strange on purpose" seems a little unbelievable. His reasons for voting murph are also a little worrying: "If we don't lynch Murph now, we are just going to lynch him later because of how dangerous he sounds.
How about we lynch him now and start from there."
That is not a good reason to lynch anyone ever, and the spurring on of a flash-lynch is also nothing good. As town the only reason to justify his actions being that he's from another site where this is common in their meta, if he can provide games if this is the case I'll seriously reconsider. As scum it looks like he's possibly opportunistically jumping onto a popular suspect and trying to get a quick mislynch.

Post doesn't help either: "sadly I can't tell you my secrets" here he claims his first post has some hidden (ever so obviously "pro-town") intention that he can't speak of right now. I have seen scum do this a lot, it makes it seem like you've got something going on and if you're lucky gets people off your back as a result. Read his first post for yourself, there's no way that's moving the game forward or got some super secret intent. Really. Common sense is something I'm known for as a player, more people should apply it. Him also adding a layer of WiFoM by stating he wouldn't do this as scum (so he therefore must be town) seems dodgy too. His most recent post indirectly implies that he's town, it looks like him giving reads but really this post doesn't hold much at all.

Seth, is looking really dodgy right now. Scum.
Now this is the first post where he shows his reasoning as to why he thinks that Seth is scum, which honestly doesn't really look like he is grasping at straws it he has good reasons for an early case.
In post 172, wgeurts wrote:
In post 154, SethYazura wrote:I'm trying to lure scum to jump on the Murph lynch train, unfortunately the situation changed and turned against me, it's not for the bad though.
UNVOTE: Murph
I'm not surprised I'm at L-2 now, no one wants a person who hides information from town and suggests flash lynching with a lack of reasoning.
The reason I made that first post was to try to distinguish scum from town, how a scum and town would react to an odd doublevote post, this will be useful for me in the future.
This sounds really weak, and really feels like you trying to correct an earlier mistake to avoid pressure for it. Your spinning a wonderful narrative around you, except I'm afraid it has some flaws. That first post being a reaction test is absolute nonsense, it is obviously a RVS like any other. There is nothing significant about being the second player on an RVS wagon what so ever, nor did anyone react to you doing so thus "it being useful in the future" is utter crumpets as well. This sounds like your starting to trip yourself on the threads you've spun with lies. It's like exclaiming "you shall see the use of my actions in due time" after stealing someone's snack, it simply doesn't add up.
In post 157, SethYazura wrote:
In post 125, SethYazura wrote:From what I've observed so far only the ppl who has made the analysis of scum so far are town.
Rarely will you see a scum make a long-ass detailed analysis post, though RedCoyote feels really off with his analysis, that's not what I expect from an experienced town player!
My first game as scum (and second game here) fully consisted of me spinning huge analysis walls wherever I could. Newer players that draw scum often have the issue that they try
too
hard, and they as such often trip as a result. RedCoyote has barely posted and since that post of his a lot of new information has arisen, he's null.
In post 159, SethYazura wrote:
In post 155, Simoyd wrote:
In post 154, SethYazura wrote: So what exactly are the specific results of your experiment?
The expirement will be worthless until the game is finished
Now then, logically speaking: if the experiment is useless until the end of the game why are you unable to explain what it is now? Experiments often take time before a conclusion can be drawn, however the methods used to draw a conclusion are known beforehand. Otherwise you're speaking crumpets as I suspect you are.
In post 164, SethYazura wrote:
In post 162, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:Ok let me ask you something more specific what did you mean in post ? So are you just saying that everyone that had posted an analysis isn't scum period?
This is a newbie game, a game with the majority of players lacking experience, tell me the chances of a scum newbie making an analysis as detailed as wgeurts.
Raskol did say at one point that he loss the second newbie game because the scum was inactive and he only read the active posters and lynched all of them, who were all towns, let's apply that experience into this game, what if Hoppic and RedCoyote was the inactive scum?
The chances of a scum newbie making analysis as good as mine is small, however none of them have and I'm no newbie (neither is Rask or RC) so you've officially received no information as such. Congratulations. Keep making this stuff up.
The game's only just begun, way too short to start declaring people are lurkers.
In post 168, SethYazura wrote:It's not only luring people, it's to see how Murph would react to players voting him.
He continues to base his reads off of similar reasoning as his previous ones and doesn't contradict himself, he cites his own experience which I assume means something but isn't the be all end all
In post 247, wgeurts wrote:
In post 181, SethYazura wrote:
In post 178, Simoyd wrote:
@Seth: Are you intentionally performing a Slayer's Gambit? If not, how does your experiment differ from said gambit?
What I'm doing is exactly Slayer's Gambit, interestingly enough I'm not yet aware of such an existing strategy until now.
Then you not yet being able to receive results is crumpets. You're contradicting yourself.
The whole deal with the Slayer's Gambit kind of turned me a little away from Wguerts, since it does make sense that he can't receive results until the end game because he needs to see how people flip and what their original reactions were to his test. At this point I think that Wgeurts is confbiased to the max

This is where Seth starts getting annoyed and begins to insult people which Wgeurts seems to take as an admission of defeat and anti town since he isn't scumhunting, however Seth goes OMGUS and attacks Wgeurts so nothing super helpful between their interactions as they are both confbiased.

Now Wgeurts goes into full death tunnel mode and starts hard making cases about him and pretty much ignores everything else. One thing I noticed was that he changes his mind about 3 times on the topic of a RC/Hoppic scum team where sometimes he thinks it's super legit and sometimes he thinks its not possible, and when it says it is possible he is still scum reading Seth hard so I am not sure about that

He also likes to say that he will post things than doesn't which annoys me because of the hype I get when he's like "I'm going to post a wall tommorow guys" than I don't get one.

His posts D2 don't sit well with me especially his seeming change of heart in his read list

Than we have Radiant who has posted 14 times but only 4 have been related to the game in a way other than saying he is town. He enters and there are 10 straight posts of him doing basiaclly nothing but saying "Hey guys I'm town but I don't have a lot of time to work on this but I'm town" Than he procedes to vote Coyote putting him at L-1 with reasons that I don't particularly agree with specifically that waiting till people are on isn't a scumtell its just that he wants to interact with people and we also already discuessed that slip he made (I still think its a slip too but he gave reasons why it wasn't) But than again Kal is iffy but away, Radiant's slot is iffy so he can't vote him so he might have just gone the easiest way, voting Coyote and taking a reason that had already been brought up and disucessed and adding another side one. He than cites that his meta saying he is apathetic in all games so its ok, which seems iffy to me but I have never played with you before excpet for one ongoing game where you are pretty in to it, but that might just be Ranger. For his last post I don't even know what is going on I can't tell what you are saying is obv scum because his point about you joining a game and than having no time to post is fully valid, if you can't fully contribute than don't join. His second sentence seems completely NAI since I can see both town and scum doing it so no idea what you thought was super scummy there.

TL;DR and final read
I am 80% sure at this point that Wgeurts is scum based on his degrading play spanning D1 and D2, where he grew some contradictions as well as Radiant's current play in the slot.

My current scum list is
1. Kal
2. Radiant
3. Coyote

I am keeping my vote on Kal because that is the lynch that I would like to see today but I am also going to be V/LA until Friday afternoon so you guys are going to have to discuss this next lynch together, I would like it if you guys went back and ISO'ed Wgeurts/Radiant and take a look around before any one hammers

Pedit: Hoppic try taking a look through Wgeurts/Radiant slot, it is probably scummier than you currently think
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

In post 21, wgeurts wrote:
In post 19, Murph wrote:@ Kal and geurts

Why do either of you have suspicions about a single D1 poster ?

Seems more like Seth was acknowledging/poking an acquaintance with a throw-away D1 vote.

If you think it's more nefarious, please share why.
If you noticed I didn't vote, as there are plenty of other explanation for Seth's actions and I stated as such. Instead what I'm more attempting to do is get content building up through posting my thoughts (even if they are pretty much nonsense or as sturdy as a castle made out of sand) and having others react to them, which in turn leads to more reactions by which point the ball is rolling and we can finally play.

On the other hand though seth's post
does
feel quite forced, do you not feel so?
In post 22, wgeurts wrote:
In post 18, KaladinStormblessed wrote:It's not as random cause it's the second vote on a person, with no real reason, but follow up votes are more suspicious than the first vote. Also you have a reason, joking revenge vote, he doesn't. I don't like to bounce my vote around so I wait to vote. Yes, I have done mafia before, a few games on gamefaqs, unsure if I'll be able to find links. Almost didn't post it for fear it'd be suspicious but didn't want to be silent.
Random votes often last a few pages, it being the second vote really doesn't say much at all. If seth is town he doesn't exactly have a lot of information to start building upon with the few posts before him. Do you follow what I'm saying? His post may read as forced but it may just be his style of posting, with him making an odd joke. It happens enough in games to be a viable possibility.

Newer players don't like voting a lot I've seen so fair enough there, why are you trying to not appear suspicious though? What would you reason for doing that be as town? I can't quite follow your motivation there and am leaning to saying that's likely scum behaviour.
In post 25, wgeurts wrote:The joke feels like he wanted to make a statement and appear likeable, though it's just a tonal thing and shouldn't be assigned much worth. It's not exactly the most objective of evidence however it's all I had to go with at first.

Thoughts on KS's post though?
In post 133, wgeurts wrote:{wgeurts}
{Simoyd, Raskolnikov}
{Murph}
{AlpacaAlpaca, Hoppic}
{KaladinStormblessed, RedCoyote}
{SethYazura}

KaladinStormblessed

Kaladin's first post () doesn't sit well with me, it literally seems like he's just parroting what I said which could be a grasp at seeming useful and him not voting didn't help much either. I of cause start to push for this, to figure out what he's thinking. His first response in post contains some weak justification for his suspicions and also provides a feasible explanation for his lack of vote, all in all this post is fine regarding his level of experience. The one thing in that post that feels off is him saying "Almost didn't post it for fear it'd be suspicious", in my opinion town really shouldn't be focused on what people think of them (yes, this got me lynched a lot in my early games but as you improve the amount that happens decreases too). Mafia have a reason to try and not look suspicious, so I could definetley fit this in as a possible scumslip. In his next post he awkwardly drops the whole thing, as scum this could be him trying to escape pressure (though it can come from town as well, thinking of both motivations is key in this game though). Things start improving slightly after that though, post seems town motivated as he's making a point of arguing why town should attempt to not look like mafia actively, his behaviour hasn't been what I'd expect from newer scum and instead he's making an effort to reach out and show why we are mistaken as town should. It's a shame he's not providing meta though as if he could provide example he would look even better.

All in all I'm happy he hasn't become overly paranoid/defensive, if he had done that we'd be hanging him right now. I'm not town reading him though, as I need to see some proper reads and content from him first. Null really right now.

Simoyd

Sim's first few posts are pretty good for town, I quite like how he instantly starts off questioning me in post . Of cause this could be him defending a scum buddy however this is not something that should be taken into consideration right now. Posts and are good as well, they show logical reasoning and thoughts that seem natural. This is abcked up by the fact he's also following up on these thoughts in his reads and actions, his train of thought is clear and that's what I like to see from town. Him also pushing murf but reconsidering after I gave some input in post is another small thing that I'd expect to see from town sim. Scum, especially newer ones, have the tendency to create a set of reads and never deviate from them. They have a scum read and when they see an opportunity to get them they become much like a bloodhound. Sim's obviously listening to other player's thoughts and considering them, this is a really good sign. He's questioning people and trying to gather information, his push for more activity is also positive. Really I sometimes why he never voted murf so I'd like an explanation there. his most recent vote on Seth is decent as well in post /.

Sim's line of thought is clear for all to see, and it seems to be coming from town right now. If he's scum he's going to have a hell of a time keeping up without slipping somewhere in his narrative.

AlpacaAlpaca

Alpaca's first post is okay I guess (post ), it contains a lot of waffle though. There's some decent analysis but he seems to be all over the place and it's hard to grasp where he's at right now. When he's around to chat I'd like to interact with him to see what his thoughts and views are. I'd like a list of who he thinks is currently town or scum, along with some reasons explaining why. A vote would also be good. If he just coasts by for too long I'll consider pushing him.

SethYazura

Did I mention that seth's post
does
sound forced? :P
Anyway, that post is honestly worth nothing right now. His later posts are a lot more condemning. Post seems quite defensive, stating that he "made it sound strange on purpose" seems a little unbelievable. His reasons for voting murph are also a little worrying: "If we don't lynch Murph now, we are just going to lynch him later because of how dangerous he sounds.
How about we lynch him now and start from there."
That is not a good reason to lynch anyone ever, and the spurring on of a flash-lynch is also nothing good. As town the only reason to justify his actions being that he's from another site where this is common in their meta, if he can provide games if this is the case I'll seriously reconsider. As scum it looks like he's possibly opportunistically jumping onto a popular suspect and trying to get a quick mislynch.

Post doesn't help either: "sadly I can't tell you my secrets" here he claims his first post has some hidden (ever so obviously "pro-town") intention that he can't speak of right now. I have seen scum do this a lot, it makes it seem like you've got something going on and if you're lucky gets people off your back as a result. Read his first post for yourself, there's no way that's moving the game forward or got some super secret intent. Really. Common sense is something I'm known for as a player, more people should apply it. Him also adding a layer of WiFoM by stating he wouldn't do this as scum (so he therefore must be town) seems dodgy too. His most recent post indirectly implies that he's town, it looks like him giving reads but really this post doesn't hold much at all.

Seth, is looking really dodgy right now. Scum.

Murph

Murph's first three posts are fine and I disagree with Sim that they look bad (sorry Sim, I feel you're starting to slightly conf-bias here.) they're not exactly brilliantly town though, his first post that I like is . Here he acts exactly how I would expect town to act in this situation if the genuinely believe what they're stating. It reads like he's wondering "is sim blind?" which is completely valid as the reasons sim went after him for are incredibly weak at that point. This is one of those gem posts you only ever find occasionally. However I can only really summarise his further posts like this: they're rather lacking and don't really contain much content. I mean, they contain the odd question here and there but there's no apparent follow up for anything and he's not pushing anyone. I want a list of reads and reasons from him as well, along with a vote somewhere. He can be weakly town for now.

Hoppic

Hoppic is not providing a lot of content however what's there is okay at most. Posts , and are barely enough to earn him a weak town read. I quite like how he states how it's easier to read someone once you've gotten to know how they think, as that's exactly how I work day 1. Really I'd like a list of reads and reasons for them from him as well, some pushing on someone would also be good.

Raskolnikov

I quite like Rask's thought splurges, his first one in post is pretty good (also I love how he says the game doesn't deserve analysis yet and then goes ahead to make one of the largest analysis of the game at that time). I can understand his reasons behind his reads and they overlap largely with mine which is something I often take into mind (if player's are striving for the same goal you'd hope they draw some similar conclusions right?). Him engaging Sim in post is another good post and really most of his posts since them have been of the same quality/relevance. I'm not sure whether I agree with his read on RC yet though, might change though as I'm about to ISO him soon as well. Town.

wgeurts

I'm town. Duh.

RedCoyote

Not entirely sure what to make of RC's post , his read on me is wrong and weak and he's not really explaining his thoughts in a detailed manner which makes things harder to decipher. His read on me mostly consists of the way I dealt with Seth's first post, I'll say once more that that whole ordeal was there to try and move the game forwards. Tonal reads are often trash, there's only a few that are good at using them and I'm not one of them. I'd like to have more thoughts from him along with a post regarding reads on everyone. I'm not seeing what's rask is seeing though, RC hasn't done anything inherently scummy. His push on me may be weak but it's hard to assign it scum intent right now. Weak push =/= scum.
In post 172, wgeurts wrote:
In post 154, SethYazura wrote:I'm trying to lure scum to jump on the Murph lynch train, unfortunately the situation changed and turned against me, it's not for the bad though.
UNVOTE: Murph
I'm not surprised I'm at L-2 now, no one wants a person who hides information from town and suggests flash lynching with a lack of reasoning.
The reason I made that first post was to try to distinguish scum from town, how a scum and town would react to an odd doublevote post, this will be useful for me in the future.
This sounds really weak, and really feels like you trying to correct an earlier mistake to avoid pressure for it. Your spinning a wonderful narrative around you, except I'm afraid it has some flaws. That first post being a reaction test is absolute nonsense, it is obviously a RVS like any other. There is nothing significant about being the second player on an RVS wagon what so ever, nor did anyone react to you doing so thus "it being useful in the future" is utter crumpets as well. This sounds like your starting to trip yourself on the threads you've spun with lies. It's like exclaiming "you shall see the use of my actions in due time" after stealing someone's snack, it simply doesn't add up.
In post 157, SethYazura wrote:
In post 125, SethYazura wrote:From what I've observed so far only the ppl who has made the analysis of scum so far are town.
Rarely will you see a scum make a long-ass detailed analysis post, though RedCoyote feels really off with his analysis, that's not what I expect from an experienced town player!
My first game as scum (and second game here) fully consisted of me spinning huge analysis walls wherever I could. Newer players that draw scum often have the issue that they try
too
hard, and they as such often trip as a result. RedCoyote has barely posted and since that post of his a lot of new information has arisen, he's null.
In post 159, SethYazura wrote:
In post 155, Simoyd wrote:
In post 154, SethYazura wrote: So what exactly are the specific results of your experiment?
The expirement will be worthless until the game is finished
Now then, logically speaking: if the experiment is useless until the end of the game why are you unable to explain what it is now? Experiments often take time before a conclusion can be drawn, however the methods used to draw a conclusion are known beforehand. Otherwise you're speaking crumpets as I suspect you are.
In post 164, SethYazura wrote:
In post 162, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:Ok let me ask you something more specific what did you mean in post ? So are you just saying that everyone that had posted an analysis isn't scum period?
This is a newbie game, a game with the majority of players lacking experience, tell me the chances of a scum newbie making an analysis as detailed as wgeurts.
Raskol did say at one point that he loss the second newbie game because the scum was inactive and he only read the active posters and lynched all of them, who were all towns, let's apply that experience into this game, what if Hoppic and RedCoyote was the inactive scum?
The chances of a scum newbie making analysis as good as mine is small, however none of them have and I'm no newbie (neither is Rask or RC) so you've officially received no information as such. Congratulations. Keep making this stuff up.
The game's only just begun, way too short to start declaring people are lurkers.
In post 168, SethYazura wrote:It's not only luring people, it's to see how Murph would react to players voting him.
In post 247, wgeurts wrote:
In post 181, SethYazura wrote:
In post 178, Simoyd wrote:
@Seth: Are you intentionally performing a Slayer's Gambit? If not, how does your experiment differ from said gambit?
What I'm doing is exactly Slayer's Gambit, interestingly enough I'm not yet aware of such an existing strategy until now.
Then you not yet being able to receive results is crumpets. You're contradicting yourself.
@mod I am going to be V/LA until Friday June 17th in the afternoon

In case this gets lost in that post

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”