Newbie 1707 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by Equinox »

VOTE COUNT 3.1

AlpacaAlpaca (0) -
Hoppic (0) -
KaladinStormblessed (0) -
Murph (0) -
Raskolnikov (0) -

Not Voting: AlpacaAlpaca, Hoppic, KaladinStormblessed, Murph, Raskolnikov

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Day 3 deadline is Friday July 1st at 10:30 pm PDT which is in (expired on 2016-07-01 22:30:00)

In post 847, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:
@mod - are people notified if they are roleblocked
Players are not notified if they have been roleblocked unless their action requires a result, in which case they will be receive "No result."
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Actually I'm overthinking this.
Ruling out just one partnership already gives a confirmed scum (I've just reread - and I already think its too natural for SonS) and feeling good enough about a townread gives both.
Main challenge today will actually be convincing said person I'm town, generally not my forte.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Can everyone give full (updated) crossreads?
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I really don't want to believe either of hoppic or alpaca is scum though.
deranged and incoherent
?
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Murph »

Good game Red. Complete misread of your play.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:50 am

Post by Murph »

@ Ras

What weirdness are you referring to ?
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Murph »

In post 852, Raskolnikov wrote:Can everyone give full (updated) crossreads?

Once I've done researching, I will do so.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:36 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

It's hard to describe because it's not incredibly obvious.
You're very reserved for most of earlygame compared to everyone else (though none of you were very involved early) and most of what you've given feels retaliatory (to sim earlier, then to red) instead of pro-active.
A few things too like how you kinda egging seth on and less "at the fore-front" of the wagon on red than me or hoppic are positions that would benefit scum to take too.
My biggest problem with you is you've mostly argued people on what feel like technicalities and "anti-town" things instead of scummy things (not the same) and you don't look into motivation behind actions or deeper thought as much as I'd expect from someone like you.

That said a lot of these things apply to alpaca too when I think about it. I think it's PROBABLY you/alpaca but I thought that on red and radiant and I really don't want to confbias fuck up yet again.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:44 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Yeah actually, you and hoppic having that exchange had you actually treating it defensively the same way as you treated sim and red (and hoppic seemed to treated it seriously too) goes back to that negative association and makes me want alpaca today atm.
deranged and incoherent
?
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:05 am

Post by Murph »

In post 857, Raskolnikov wrote:It's hard to describe because it's not incredibly obvious.
You're very reserved for most of earlygame compared to everyone else (though none of you were very involved early) and most of what you've given feels retaliatory (to sim earlier, then to red) instead of pro-active.
A few things too like how you kinda egging seth on and less "at the fore-front" of the wagon on red than me or hoppic are positions that would benefit scum to take too.
My biggest problem with you is you've mostly argued people on what feel like technicalities and "anti-town" things instead of scummy things (not the same) and you don't look into motivation behind actions or deeper thought as much as I'd expect from someone like you.

That said a lot of these things apply to alpaca too when I think about it. I think it's PROBABLY you/alpaca but I thought that on red and radiant and I really don't want to confbias fuck up yet again.

1. Red - Not to get defensive, however you've cast a shadow over my play, I pushed Red hard to admit his agenda. Once he did, it became more than obvious to me what his intent was. Hindsight shows I had a huge misread. Semantics aside, I was scum hunting 100%. That's not retaliatory since he wasn't even voting for me. I actually was quite proud of my efforts to expose what I believed to be a scum.

2. Seth - I wasn't reading Seth as scum. I did call his play anti-town, repeatedly. With that said, Yes, I did egg him on after he lost it and came at me on a personal level. I found it funny. Still do. I only wish he'd have come full force and not pulled back. Love me some troll. I didn't care for his style and said so.

I'm not sure why you'd say any of that is weird. It's very transparent and obvious. And I honestly feel like I've put in much more effort that the rest of you.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:26 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Okay, that's not a bad response.
My complaint is still that a lot of the problems you had with red were on semantics, definitions and on him being "upset" which isn't necessarily wrong but feels like misfocus. Saying he was contradicting himself and making mistakes is fine but I feel like you were more beating him personally in an argument than explaining why you thought he was scum or trying to get others on board. Honestly I have some trouble following it because it got so complicated at times and I wish if you were town you'd have periodic "summaries" posted because it's hard to judge how your overall read is changing when you're so focused on the exchanges/back-and-forth themselves in all the details.
I was scumreading red for the exact same "focus" thing though so ugh.

When I'm talking about tone and I just say you read weird to me in that way it's kind of standalone though, gut and feeling can't really be spoken into that much or debated since it isn't logical to begin with... But that's more a passing remark than what I'm trying to figure the game on though.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Yeah I guess I could see alpaca/hoppic here.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:41 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

I'm not sure if I should go into WHY it's a good response before people post reads since it would be pretty much teaching scum how to respond townily...
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

@Murph Before you even finish catching up/research could you just give general impressions?
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

inb4 the game completely stalls as everyone prepares massive wallposts
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Ugh even alpaca has those few posts that make me second guess though. FTR I'm actually really impressed with whoever 2 of you are scum this game, win or lose. If kala wasnt PR I'd have kept thinking he was scum too and we'd have 100% lost this already.
deranged and incoherent
?
Hoppic
Hoppic
Goon
Hoppic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Hoppic »

Ok. So kaladin has to be town. There's no way that I can see where it could be a trick.

That means that every single wagon so far has been on townies: Seth, redcoyote, Wgeurts, and kaladin. Scum have been feeling pretty safe.

So Murphy, alpaca, raskolnikov. Only one is town.

Also, they only need to pursuade one townie out of three. They have the advantage atm.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Yeah but we only really need 1 townread we feel confident in too to get scumteam so it's not a lost cause either, kala being conftown helping the cause a lot compared to traditional 5p.

It's definitely advantage scum but I still have a lot of hope here
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Between you and murph idk I just want alpaca today probably.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

People post reads instead of stating the obvious please thanks
deranged and incoherent
?
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Murph »

Okay, I've read the entire thread twice now. Once to recap and the second time to try to figure out pairings.
Whomever you both are, you've done well to disguise yourselves. And for the record, Kal if not for your claim, and the lack thereof a counterclaim, you'd still be my strongest scum read.

Hop - You have been listed as suspect by just about everyone that is dead. You've managed to straddle the fence while being the hammer on both lynches. Uncanny. You also spent most of D2 rehashing Seth's play.
Alpaca - You have been universally read as town by almost everyone for the entire game. You've engaged in direct conversations while presenting a town front. You definitely have come across as Teflon. Almost too polished.
Ras - I've read you as null for most of the game. Although I've agreed with you a lot, there is an underlying current of distrust I cannot shake. With that said, you've been the most engaging D3.

There is a common thread between two of you that continues to evade me.

What I'd like is for each of you to give an assessment of each of the remaining players.
Murph
Murph
Goon
Murph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Murph »

For Hop before you can ask....

In post 645, wgeurts wrote:Also quoting over half the player-list and saying there's likely one scum in there is a bit silly, as that's basic probability theory which I can show you if you insist. Also I literally stated I think both scum are on separate wagons as I stated I think KS and Hoppic are scum, Hoppic is the worst of the two as I'll explain and the one I'm more confident in seeing flip read. By what logic is Murph|Town+RC|Town=KS|Prob-Scum?

Anyway here's my reads list which I'll elaborate later:
{wgeurts}
{Rask, Murph}
{Alpaca, RC}
{KS, Hoppic}
In post 647, wgeurts wrote:Also I started scum-reading Hoppic yesterday, don't you dare accuse me of it being sudden as that's blatantly false.

In post 623, SethYazura wrote:Certainly Scum
wgeurts
Hoppic

RC, it's your turn to rally the town, in a situation where they all turned against you, all of this, because of wgeurts.
You have to try RC.
In post 426, RedCoyote wrote:I'm pretty good with Ras/Sim/Alpaca being town and scum being in wgeurts/Hoppic/Murph. Everyone else is in the middle.

In post 776, RedCoyote wrote:As I've alluded to, I think KS is probably the best lynch today. I feel a little blind about it because of how lurky he is, but, on the other hand, I'm becoming more and more convinced Murph is town. I don't readily see his latest string of posts as optimal scum strategy. If it is, he's doing well, I think.

In post 592, Simoyd wrote:@wgeurts: why is hoppic so low in your list?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Okay murph is town. Actually a big relief here.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Spoiler:
In post 870, Murph wrote:Ras - I've read you as null for most of the game. Although I've agreed with you a lot, there is an underlying current of distrust I cannot shake. With that said, you've been the most engaging D3.
This is a huge towntell that you couldn't have known about; this is by far the feeling I incite in most town if they actually force themselves to make any judgement at all. Scum usually either townread me for no reason or scumread/push but the classic uneasiness/paranoia is what especially newbies get from me, when people actually give a read on me at all (i.e. not just ignoring me which I often get from both).

Spoilering in hope this doesn't get seen in a quick meta skim and abused too much, though only newbies could really use this.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In this case what I said earlier in applies and me townreading this directly influences me feeling good about hoppic/alpaca scum in turn (and I'm actually fine with just that process) though I'll go over alpaca/hop for kala and you anyways.
deranged and incoherent
?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”