LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 323, Smithereens wrote:reads LQ? I get the feeling you're an easy wagon target because you post a lot of unhelpful material.
I just gave a Town read list. I don't really have anything nailed down except for Chip.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Vote Count #1.5:

LicketyQuickety:
KuroiXHF, Ranger, Bellaphant, karnos (4)
JaeReed:
hiplop, LicketyQuickety, Smithereens (3)
karnos:
sad1492, DixC (2)
hiplop:
Almost50, Kop (2)
Almost50:
Creature (1)
House:
pistachi0n (1)

Not Voting:
Charloux, Chip Butty, House, JaeReed

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

V/LA:
KuroiXHF until 6/20.
Ranger until 6/20.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-06-30 18:20:00)
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 323, Smithereens wrote:reads LQ? I get the feeling you're an easy wagon target because you post a lot of unhelpful material.
Reads is not scumhunting. I want him to scumhunt. Didn't read your larger post in full, but basically, you think I was voting LQ for the scum theater thing with House, but that's not why. I happened to vote him following that because that's when I woke up and read the game, iirc. I was questioning it being scum theater because of my scumread on LQ, not the other way around.

Also, not thinking House is the same faction as LQ does not mean I think House is town. I still had a scumread on both of them.

Anyway, I'm rereading the game now. I think I actually disagree with a lot of Ranger's first two lists. If she's scum then I thought we could still use her reads to hunt the faction she's not in, but now I am starting to question whether she just put two easy mislynches at the bottom and is planning to tell her team the real reads at night. It'd make her less of a night kill target if her reads aren't as accurate. Yeah, yeah, burden of proficiency and all that.

For now:

VOTE: Ranger

While I continue to reread I think this is where I want to be.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Smithereens »

KuroiXHF, Ranger, JaeReed, Charloux, Bellaphant, House, Karnos, ChipButty

The wagon. At some point everyone here except for Ranger has been scum read. Charloux probably has the most scum reads, and for good reason imo. I'm thinking Chip leans town due to the fake hammer incident as a genuine form of scum hunting, but he didn't follow it up with much for what I would have expected a strong town to do. Everyone from Jaereed to Karnos are good lynch targets. So out of 5 players, I'd wager there's at most 2-3 townies amongst them. In order of preference for lynch I'd put them as:
Jaereed
Charloux
House
Karnos
Bellaphant.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Smithereens »

WTF Jae... You've been kissing her boots with every lip you have and now you backflip to Voting her after it's pointed out??
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Smithereens »

JaeReed = scum.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by Smithereens »

I dislike the fact that he says he's going to reread the entire game but also said he didn't read my entire post. wtf... T.T
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Because I figure I'll get to your post when I get to it. I will read it, just atm I'm doing my reread because obviously I'm wrong about LQ and need to figure out who I'd rather lynch.

And yes, I idolize Ranger. So what? The point stands. I thought she'd still be useful to town even if she's scum, but am second guessing that because on reread her reads look laughably wrong to me. Plus she played with LQ in one of the games he linked where he was town so she knows in advance that he comes across as scummy when town. In retrospect it looks like she put him there purely to get him lynched with the knowledge he's lynchbait. His reaction to her lists is still bad, though, especially knowing he has played with her before (for the record, this was the first thing of his that pinged me, not her list itself).

I initially thought she just couldn't read Bella and her reads were fine. Now that I'm thinking there's a possibility for LQ to be town I don't think that her reads are fine.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 317, Smithereens wrote: Later on he reveals that Bellaphant convinced him that House isn't scum sided with LQ, however puzzlingly he scum reads Bellaphant and says
"I really want to respond to you as a person but I can't because I don't know for sure you're the same alignment as me"
post 200 For context, in the previous post he is clearly looking for reasons to call Bell suss post 192 even if he's trying to appeal to Ranger to do it. Talking about ranger, he's been ass kissing her this entire game. It's gets painfully overt here: post 188
Actually I was reading Bella as a townlean before. I did say in post 200 I thought Ranger was wrong on Bella. That said, just because it's less likely for House to be sided with LQ doesn't mean it's not possible he could be sided with Bella. I wanted Ranger to weigh in on that so I could get a look at whether Ranger was scum. And yes, I can't be sure she's the same alignment as me. I can't be sure anyone is without a flip. That doesn't mean I'm scumreading her, that just means that I know I can be wrong on my townread of her.

With regards to "defending" House... Questioning someone on their vote isn't defending. It's trying to sort the person who voted.

Decided to respond because my reads by page 3 are depressing me so I'm stopping for now.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by House »

I'm really liking Chip Buddy and Smithereens as town.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:12 pm

In post 334, House wrote:I'm really liking Chip Buddy and Smithereens as town.
What do you think of Jae?

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by House »

In post 335, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 334, House wrote:I'm really liking Chip Buddy and Smithereens as town.
What do you think of Jae?
Still deciding.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by House »

In post 189, JaeReed wrote:
In post 175, hiplop wrote:VOTE: jaE

Hey hey
Hey hey :P Jury's still out on you, mate. Don't know what a non scum IC hippylop looks like yet. Don't have anything specifically I want to prod you about at this stage. Sorry for asking Bella and not you but I have a feeling she's townish <3 You can still try to IC me if you like! My trust for you right now is comparable to my thoughts on how good you are at CSing ;)
Maybe I've been out of the game too long.

What do you mean by the abbreviations IC and CS as they are used in this post?

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by House »

In post 206, JaeReed wrote:I know that I tend towards disliking your style of scumhunting as town from reading games where you were town in. I tend to scumread you when you're town anyway, so it's hard for me to judge your alignment.
Which games of mine have you read?

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by House »

In post 206, JaeReed wrote:??

If I wanted to confbias sure.
Paranoid of confbias here...
In post 208, JaeReed wrote:
In post 205, Bellaphant wrote:Haha yeah, tbf ranger's put me low on her town reads when I'm town when she's town and scum, though! So it isn't indicative of much.

I'd've rather been scum with you. I'm still not sure you aren't.

Lq's defense to me was 'creature is scum bc of ongoing and ongoings is why ranger thinks i'm scum' which was...weird.
Is that admittance to being scum and thinking I'm on the other team? :P
Joking around with confbias here.

Two different mindsets over the same subject (confbias) reads as disingenuous to me.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by House »

In post 287, JaeReed wrote:
In post 284, Charloux wrote:
In post 280, Bellaphant wrote: like, charl looks terrible and is prolly scum, but I'm still down for lynching lq.
Explain the logic of not voting for prolly scum, but rather for LQ? Or you don't really care who gets lynched?
She's voting definite scum rather than probable scum. She's gotta care who gets lynched no matter her alignment. What you brought up is a null point and a misrep.

Don't think it was intentional, just saying read the posts :p
If it's a misrep, by definition it isn't null. Are you coaching?

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 328, Smithereens wrote:KuroiXHF, Ranger, JaeReed, Charloux, Bellaphant, House, Karnos, ChipButty

The wagon. At some point everyone here except for Ranger has been scum read. Charloux probably has the most scum reads, and for good reason imo. I'm thinking Chip leans town due to the fake hammer incident as a genuine form of scum hunting, but he didn't follow it up with much for what I would have expected a strong town to do. Everyone from Jaereed to Karnos are good lynch targets. So out of 5 players, I'd wager there's at most 2-3 townies amongst them. In order of preference for lynch I'd put them as:
Jaereed
Charloux
House
Karnos
Bellaphant.
I'm confused, what are you talking about when you say "I'm thinking Chip leans town due to the fake hammer incident as a genuine form of scum hunting"? It was House who did the fake hammer.

And I'm not sure I would be confident LQ is town yet. I've seen enough scum continue to fake after hammer, and in this case the delay was long enough it could have been a rehearsed response. I think it's unlikely that more than 1 scum of each faction was on the wagon, so 1 or maybe 2 scum. If LQ is scum, the L-1 vote could be a partner busing, that would be Chip, but Chip also provided a lot of initial fuel for the lynch when busing wouldn't be as likely, so scratch that. Except... immediately after the "hammer", LQ says something about how Chip is town but wrong- more bus theory evidence? I think the idea is too tinfoil, but crazier things do happen occasionally. Obviously all of the above is only relevant if LQ is scum.

Anyway, I don't know if LQ is town or not for sure. I don't think there was more than 1, maybe 2 scum on his wagon, which would be 12.5% to 25% of the wagon- which is a worse chance than just randomly picking a scum out from the list of all unknown players 6/16, or 37.5% chance of randomly hitting scum by simply lynching a random player.

But why pick randomly when there are better methods?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p8021473

Scum iso. If LQ is town, this is obvious trying for town cred by opposing the wagon before it goes through.

VOTE: creature
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:34 pm

In post 341, karnos wrote:
In post 328, Smithereens wrote:KuroiXHF, Ranger, JaeReed, Charloux, Bellaphant, House, Karnos, ChipButty

Jaereed
Charloux
House
Karnos
Bellaphant.
I'm confused, what are you talking about when you say "I'm thinking Chip leans town due to the fake hammer incident as a genuine form of scum hunting"? It was House who did the fake hammer.

And I'm not sure I would be confident LQ is town yet.
I've seen enough scum continue to fake after hammer, and in this case the delay was long enough it could have been a rehearsed response.
I think it's unlikely that more than 1 scum of each faction was on the wagon, so 1 or maybe 2 scum. If LQ is scum, the L-1 vote could be a partner busing, that would be Chip, but Chip also provided a lot of initial fuel for the lynch when busing wouldn't be as likely, so scratch that. Except... immediately after the "hammer", LQ says something about how Chip is town but wrong- more bus theory evidence? I think the idea is too tinfoil, but crazier things do happen occasionally. Obviously all of the above is only relevant if LQ is scum.

Anyway, I don't know if LQ is town or not for sure. I don't think there was more than 1, maybe 2 scum on his wagon, which would be 12.5% to 25% of the wagon- which is a worse chance than just randomly picking a scum out from the list of all unknown players 6/16, or 37.5% chance of randomly hitting scum by simply lynching a random player.

Scum iso. If LQ is town, this is obvious trying for town cred by opposing the wagon before it goes through.

Links or it didn't happen.

Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Smithereens »

@Karnos,
I might have mixed up names somewhere along the line. It doesn't matter, it's Jae I'm after. The other reads of mine were weak reads anyway.

Also, are you seriously wanting to lynch an inactive when we have some really obvious scum running around..?
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by Smithereens »

In post 341, karnos wrote: I'm confused, what are you talking about when you say "I'm thinking Chip leans town due to the fake hammer incident as a genuine form of scum hunting"? It was House who did the fake hammer.

And I'm not sure I would be confident LQ is town yet. I've seen enough scum continue to fake after hammer, and in this case the delay was long enough it could have been a rehearsed response. I think it's unlikely that more than 1 scum of each faction was on the wagon, so 1 or maybe 2 scum. If LQ is scum, the L-1 vote could be a partner busing, that would be Chip, but Chip also provided a lot of initial fuel for the lynch when busing wouldn't be as likely, so scratch that. Except... immediately after the "hammer", LQ says something about how Chip is town but wrong- more bus theory evidence? I think the idea is too tinfoil, but crazier things do happen occasionally. Obviously all of the above is only relevant if LQ is scum.

I read this post and it reads to me as:
"I don't like the attention that the wagon is getting, largely because I'm in it. I'll just downplay the number of scum you suppose is on the wagon so that I can justify directing your attention to a completely irrelevant player who I would rather see lynched."
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by Smithereens »

Let's lynch Jae, if he flips guilty then Karnos is guilty with him.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 343, Smithereens wrote:@Karnos,
I might have mixed up names somewhere along the line. It doesn't matter, it's Jae I'm after. The other reads of mine were weak reads anyway.

Also, are you seriously wanting to lynch an inactive when we have some really obvious scum running around..?
How is creature inactive? He was posting today. His posts have no useful content, but he is posting...
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 342, LicketyQuickety wrote: Links or it didn't happen.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p8023311
In post 345, Smithereens wrote:Let's lynch Jae, if he flips guilty then Karnos is guilty with him.
Based on what exactly? Sorry I'm not going to blindly sheep you, that doesn't mean I think Jae is obv town. I just think Creature has a far worse iso, and despite the above he isn't inactive anymore.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by Smithereens »

I'm just going to say that I believe you picked out a random from this list:
Almost50
Ranger
KuroiXHF
Charloux
JaeReed
Bellaphant
karnos
Kop
House
Chip Butty
Creature
Smithereens
LicketyQuickety
DixC
pistachi0n
sad1492
hiplop

and then ran with it. Most players are being unhelpful, and creature is agreeably the least helpful. I don't equate lack of participation with being scum however, so it's probably best for us to recommend he get replaced instead of killing him. The thing that pings me though is not the fact that you're after creature, but the fact that you've actively trying to distance yourself and others from the LQ wagon by picking on a player who you know is unlikely to defend himself. Reeks of fish if you ask me.

Players like Almost50 have been posting nothing but fluff and you don't care, so I'm suspicious that you single out the least active player to divert attention towards. Would you prefer to lynch creature over a player from the LQ wagon?
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Smithereens »

"His posts have no useful content, but he is posting..."

I could use your reasoning to fabricate a case against nearly every player in this game. Makes me confident that you really are trying to distance from the LQ wagon = scum theory, which makes me more confident that the LQ wagon does indeed contain a large number of the scum in this game.

Return to “Completed Open Games”