lane

Not Voting (3):
Kappy, FA_Q2, RedCoyote

With 11 Votes, it takes 6 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-07-05 12:30:00)

The current pot is $1170
The amount to call is $495
Last edited by wgeurts on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:21 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 45, Something_Smart wrote:Eww. Earning money is not necessarily part of your wincon. Although I think that is an awfully big leap to take.

I'm sure scum had pre-game talk, I've never seen a game where they didn't.
Money buys PRs. The top tier in particular is sweet for scum. But note that after a PR is bought once, it's off the market. So, scum have incentive to go after 2 and 3 as well. The lowest one is pretty meh.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I was "eww"-ing at Lane because money is not necessarily part of the town wincon. It's much closer for scum, although the fact that it's always public how much money a person has earned makes it that much harder for them.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:33 am

Post by lane0168 »

@magna. I'm not sure I understand the question. I didn't want to consolidate money into anyone's hands but my own. I didn't expect anyone to call. I want money to get the benefits of getting money. So why am I scummy again?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:36 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 24, Infinity 324 wrote:{quibixes, MoI}
{s_s, lane}
{mm, persivul}
{infinity}

I like s_s's plan, you could threaten to hammer the person if people refuse to switch.
I wouldn't get off a lynch that I was pushing for the chance of a scum person taking my spot. That's ridiculous. If you think a person in the wagon is scum, then they should be the wagon. Terrible plan
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

All the votecounts now have the deadline timers in 'em.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:40 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 42, Persivul wrote:
In post 40, lane0168 wrote:I won't win lol
So why did you bet all your money?

Could be scum dumping money to each other so they can buy out one of the bigger PRs early.

mod, did scum have pre-game talk? Do they have day talk?
A mislynch to verify this being completely false isn't the worst way to start out the game. However you'll change your mind on due time
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:42 am

Post by lane0168 »

And even if that was my plan to give my money away, magna, chances are it goes to town.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 57, lane0168 wrote:And even if that was my plan to give my money away, magna, chances are it goes to town.
Unless your scum buddy told you he had a strong hand.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:25 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 53, lane0168 wrote:@magna. I'm not sure I understand the question. I didn't want to consolidate money into anyone's hands but my own. I didn't expect anyone to call. I want money to get the benefits of getting money. So why am I scummy again?
I find it suspect that you just assumed an immediate All-In would not possibly get called. Especially given you told Pers "I'm not going to win". If anyone calls then odds are overwhelming that one person ends up with $1,000 plus in their bankroll immediately. Which if they are scum is not good for Town.

I could certainly see a pre-game scenario where it was decided to try to consolidate money on one scum via an All-in and scum counterclaim.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Persivul »

mod, when we get to a showdown, I assume all hands involved are shown. Is this correct?
The MM
The MM
Goon
The MM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:54 am

Post by The MM »

In post 58, Persivul wrote:
In post 57, lane0168 wrote:And even if that was my plan to give my money away, magna, chances are it goes to town.
This is the only option that has a hint of credibility to me. Honestly, town wouldn't give away their monies at random like that.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 53, lane0168 wrote:@magna. I'm not sure I understand the question. I didn't want to consolidate money into anyone's hands but my own. I didn't expect anyone to call. I want money to get the benefits of getting money. So why am I scummy again?
I find it suspect that you just assumed an immediate All-In would not possibly get called. Especially given you told Pers "I'm not going to win". If anyone calls then odds are overwhelming that one person ends up with $1,000 plus in their bankroll immediately. Which if they are scum is not good for Town.
I could certainly see a pre-game scenario where it was decided to try to consolidate money on one scum via an All-in and scum counterclaim.
Given the abilities in play, Scum would LOVE to get these 1250$ abilities. Especially a Vengeful since they get to one-shot a Townie for free, meaning scum don't really lose momentum from it.

TL;DR Version: Lane, you just made the scummiest move so far, and not just because it's the only big one.
Waiting for the day I can come back and mod games.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:15 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 16, Something_Smart wrote:Do you guys think it's worth it to, once we decide on who to lynch, force the scummy players on the wagon to get off and replace them with towny players in order to keep the most possible money in the hands of the town?
This sounds reasonable, but I think it will lead to too much argumentation. "I think X is the scummiest, he should leave." "No, Y is definitely scummier. Get her off first." etc

What MoI said in .

---
{s_s, lane}
{mm, persivul}
{infinity}

I like s_s's plan, you could threaten to hammer the person if people refuse to switch.

You can threat all you want, but you need to carry weight behind said threat. Otherwise, it's meaningless. I'm not committing to voting anyone over something like this.

---
In post 27, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Wow, so on a scale of 1-10, how good are y'all at poker?
5? I know how to play and have played some. I don't gamble much on it though aside from the occasional video poker game.

The concept of this game sounds really interesting though.
BBT wrote:Secondly, it may be in towns interests to play as many hands as possible to build up money.
Could you elaborate on this? Odds are this will occur naturally if I'm understanding you correctly.

---
In post 42, Persivul wrote:Could be scum dumping money to each other so they can buy out one of the bigger PRs early.
I really like this question and thought process. I hadn't considered any money shenanigans, but it makes sense that the scum may want to pool their money together under one person if they can, especially given how everything costs more than $500.

Does this necessarily point to lane as scum though? I'm thinking no. lane strikes me as the impulsive type. I don't get the feeling that his bet was part of a gambit, but it's something to still consider going forward.

---
In post 47, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So Lane … why did you think concentrating money in someone’s hands (which this bet was more likely than not to accomplish) is a Pro Town move?
Not to speak for lane, but, regardless of alignment, a player is going to have to accumulate considerable funds to afford any of the powers.

---
In post 56, lane0168 wrote:A mislynch to verify this being completely false isn't the worst way to start out the game. However you'll change your mind on due time
This is anti-town.

---

I'm electing not to vote at this time.

Fold
... are we going in any specific order? I didn't see anything about this in the rules. If not, should the town organize a makeshift order of players so that the scum cannot act in unison to their advantage? We could use dice tags to keep it random.

Mod
, could you put the numerical amount of votes each player has in your VCs? I know I can count them myself, but I'm lazy. Additionally, I think it would be helpful for everyone if you kept track of who's in/out, who called/bet and what, etc. Perhaps in a separate area tag under the VC? Just a suggestion. It would definitely help the game run smoother if we had all the updated info at a glance.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 25, Something_Smart wrote:Pedit: infinity are you copying ranger? if so why are you at the bottom?
Yes, I wanted to see how people would react.
In post 54, lane0168 wrote:
{s_s, lane}
{mm, persivul}
{infinity}

I wouldn't get off a lynch that I was pushing for the chance of a scum person taking my spot. That's ridiculous. If you think a person in the wagon is scum, then they should be the wagon. Terrible plan
We still want players that are more likely to be town to get more money...
In post 56, lane0168 wrote:
In post 42, Persivul wrote:
In post 40, lane0168 wrote:I won't win lol
So why did you bet all your money?

Could be scum dumping money to each other so they can buy out one of the bigger PRs early.

mod, did scum have pre-game talk? Do they have day talk?
A mislynch to verify this being completely false isn't the worst way to start out the game. However you'll change your mind on due time
Forced line (though it's worth mentioning that town afraid of getting lynched can often come off as forced)
In post 61, The MM wrote:
In post 58, Persivul wrote:
This is the only option that has a hint of credibility to me. Honestly, town wouldn't give away their monies at random like that.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Given the abilities in play, Scum would LOVE to get these 1250$ abilities. Especially a Vengeful since they get to one-shot a Townie for free, meaning scum don't really lose momentum from it.

TL;DR Version: Lane, you just made the scummiest move so far, and not just because it's the only big one.
This is even more forced, and doesn't add anything new to the discussion. I like this vote better.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: the mm
In post 62, RedCoyote wrote:
{s_s, lane}
{mm, persivul}
{infinity}

You can threat all you want, but you need to carry weight behind said threat. Otherwise, it's meaningless. I'm not committing to voting anyone over something like this.
Then you would just hammer if people refused to switch, you wouldn't really lose anything.
I really like this question and thought process. I hadn't considered any money shenanigans, but it makes sense that the scum may want to pool their money together under one person if they can, especially given how everything costs more than $500.

Does this necessarily point to lane as scum though? I'm thinking no. lane strikes me as the impulsive type. I don't get the feeling that his bet was part of a gambit, but it's something to still consider going forward.
I agree with this, lane looks impulsive and a little selfish but almost too obviously so to be scum.

I'm electing not to vote at this time.
Any reason for this?

So an actual reads list:

RedCoyote - null: I liked how he picked up on the lane thing, but some of what he said is kinda filler.
s_s - town: He seems to be genuinely trying to figure stuff out.
persivul - null lean town: gut
MoI - null lean town: gut
lane - town: gut, plus he's being bold and open with his thoughts
mm - scum: Posts feel forced and I didn't like 61
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:05 am

Post by lane0168 »

Yes, rc. Hugely in favor of randomizing the order like it should be.

Thankfully if you guys think it's a huge gambit and I'm partners with the mm then you guys can lynch whoever wins this hand.

I'm going to move on and go find scum
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Meanwhile your RVS vote is still on rc.

Do you have any reads yet?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Fold
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:30 am

Post by lane0168 »

A couple things have stood out to me that I need to look at and think about and then put them into words if they are relevant. For one, I was thinking mm seemed town, until you thought they seemed forced so that's one thing I'll revisit
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I thought his posts seemed forced, and I thought 61 in particular didn't add anything to the discussion. He agreed with something someone else said, stated the obvious, and pointed out that your raise was scummy when other people had already done the same thing. Seems like kinda trying to look busy.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:55 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 27, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Secondly, it may be in towns interests to play as many hands as possible to build up money. If you're town and you're bad at poker you should probably say so.
RC's post made me take second look at this -

BBT
- given this is a zero scum game (no individual money flows in aside from the starting pool of $5,500 as far as we know per the rules) what was your thinking behind this suggestion?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 69, MagnaofIllusion wrote:zero scum game
lol

What did you think about RC's post in terms of his alignment?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 60, Persivul wrote:
mod, when we get to a showdown, I assume all hands involved are shown. Is this correct?
That's right, partner.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

: Yes, starting with the next VC I'll include who's in/out and numbers of votes. Also there is no specific order for betting since I thought it would make the whole process smoother (as in everyone else wouldn't have to wait on 1 person who might have a different posting schedule before they could decide what they wanted to do).
Last edited by Alchemist21 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

♠ ♡ VOTECOUNT 1.4 ♢ ♣

lane (3):
Persivul, The MM, magnaofillusion
Something Smart (2):
Something Smart, BBT
BBT (1):
qubixes
MM (1):
Infinity
RC (1):
lane

Not Voting (3):
Kappy, FA_Q2, RedCoyote

With 11 Votes, it takes 6 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-07-05 12:30:00)

The current pot is $1170
The amount to call is $495

Still in the Hand: Kappy, lane, FA_Q2, MM

Spoiler: Betting History
Bet orders:
Ante
Magna bets $25
MM raises to $50
qubixes folds
something smart folds
Infinity raises to $100
persivul folds
lane raises to $495
BBT folds
MM calls
Magna folds
RC folds
Infinity folds

Kappy and FA must submit an action.
Last edited by wgeurts on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 59, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Agree.

This move by lane is pretty scummy. I think that we need to see the hands though to make that call. The statement:
In post 44, lane0168 wrote:Because I didn't think anybody would call. I was wrong
may very well be a lie to get some more players to put their money in. I certainly think it is asinine to all in on a 13 player card game and expect no one to call you. There are to many players at the table to go hard without the hand to back it up. If he has a shit hand then he very well could be trying to shift his money over to another scum.

Fold

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”