Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:59 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 198, rb wrote:Okay so my current line of thinking is that either E is scum and was being townread by one of his scumbuddies or he's town and being pushed for an easy lynch.
Good summary.
In post 198, rb wrote:Also there's 5 days left but if Vecna isn't doing anything by then I'll switch vote to him. His first 2 posts gave me a laughing fit but it's just annoying now. Even moreso because I know Vecna's a perceptive player and his input is useful. I'm not inclined to let a player spend an entire game making sheep noises.
Agreed.
The only reason not to vote him right now is based on WIFOM.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 171, Nachomamma8 wrote:My concern with Vecna's approach to the game right now is that it is limiting its communication pretty heavily; Vecna was pretty actively engaged in its last game, whereas in this game Vecna is certainly active, but is also apparently pushing a serious suspect that doesn't really appear to be a popular one but all of its reasons for pushing are lost in weird noises.

I understand that switching up playstyles and giving yourself a self-imposed post restriction in mafia can be entertaining, but I don't think that your current post restriction gives you the communication skills necessary to play effectively; would you mind choosing one that doesn't inhibit your speech so much?

Beeeeh. Meeeeeh. Beeeeh.

VOTE: Skold
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:50 pm

Post by Franky »

In post 200, Dirty Harry2 wrote:
In post 198, rb wrote:Okay so my current line of thinking is that either E is scum and was being townread by one of his scumbuddies or he's town and being pushed for an easy lynch.
Good summary.
In post 198, rb wrote:Also there's 5 days left but if Vecna isn't doing anything by then I'll switch vote to him. His first 2 posts gave me a laughing fit but it's just annoying now. Even moreso because I know Vecna's a perceptive player and his input is useful. I'm not inclined to let a player spend an entire game making sheep noises.
Agreed.
The only reason not to vote him right now is based on WIFOM.
In post 193, thenewearth wrote:
In post 187, rb wrote:
In post 184, thenewearth wrote:
In post 182, rb wrote:how do you interpret his town-reads
Who's reads?

I thought we were talking about anyone who was townreading e?

And conveniently hopped on my wagon
Sorry, rephrase:

How do you interpret the fact that E was town-read by so many people if he isn't playing a very pro-town game?

And, what do you make of the fact that after Skold he's started to become a scum-read?
I don't really care about it. It just means they're wrong
In post 192, Franky wrote:I would like to attract attention to two facts:

1) Earth hasn't answered 8 pages old pending questions.

2) Earth is still purposefully misinterpreting the fact that people were scumhunting her for her rash vote, not town reading e_is_cool.
1) Its either I missed it or its a stupid question I have no intention of answering

2) I'm not misrepping anything. People actually townread e when I was being "scummy"
1) go through them and specify which are which. All of them, I won't be stisfied with examples.

2) who?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Welp.

Vote: Vecna
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
e_is_cool
e_is_cool
Townie
e_is_cool
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:23 am

Post by e_is_cool »

Now that I'm done with all my defending stuff, I'm rereading the game.

Spoiler: thenewearth
Currently, earth has not posted a single post that isn't basically fluff or accusing me. Overly tunnely here, but I'll check past games to see if it is earth's meta.
In post 48, thenewearth wrote:This is... the fuck?

VOTE: e_is_cool

Never backing down on my word
This was posted at the start of Day 1, and this basically means you won't even listen to my defense. I haven't heard of a single town that votes someone Day 1 and will never change their vote.

Spoiler: Nacho
Nacho is town for contributing. Not really much else to say, except for one post, which I've already talked about.
In post 32, Nachomamma8 wrote: There is not a list of scumtells that help you find mafia; generally, finding mafia is a large part dependent on context and intent. For example, in a general newbie game, me as scum voting for a player and legitimately pushing them for a lynch would be a decent sign of that player being town. However, in this particular game, I talked about my tendencies as scum early, which means that I'm more likely to go against them.
The fact that Nacho, as IC, doesn't mention any sort of WIFOM here is a bit suspicious, but not enough for a vote or FoS. (I also find FoS not very helpful.)

Spoiler: Franky
In post 95, Franky wrote:
In post 90, e_is_cool wrote:
In post 88, Franky wrote:
In post 86, Dirty Harry wrote:
In post 71, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 57, e_is_cool wrote:The only argument you have against me is me bringing up RQS, and
that's because of my meta, not because of my alignment
. You also say that RQS looks town, but I'm scum because I'm doing it? That's kinda WIFOM-y.
ooh. i don't really like this response
someone take a guess at why
'Scum being caught for the wrong reason'?
The part about "that's because of my meta, not because of my alignment" is giving me a scum deja vu.
Quote specific posts or it isn't a scumtell.
The quote is already in there. I bolded it for you because I'm nice, but I don't believe for a second that you don't remember your own quote, or that you just missed that it was already quoted in a line of discussion that was specifically about it.
As I've already talked about what I meant with my post, even if I did miss the quote, how is that scummy? I don't get how scum would miss something and town wouldn't.

Spoiler: Vecna
I don't even know what to say. This is borderline gamethrowing.

Spoiler: Skold
In post 114, Skold wrote:I don't think town should invest time into defending themselves heavily unless the current wagon is likely to lead to a lynch. And e_is_cool thinking you're scum isn't a scumtell. Stop this Franky it's very stupid.
And e_is_cool what the hell even is 112?
Show me where a scum has said this or it's not a scumtell? There are 1700ish completed games in Newbie forums. I'm sure if I dig through enough things scum has said I can make literally anything is a scumtell.
That's terrible criteria and a terrible defence. And I really don't see the point in defending against a terrible argument that won't hold.
UpgradingFOS: e_is_cool

Still on that Nacho thing or I would just vote you for feeling the need to defend against that argument.
Not everything scum says is a scumtell. But if more scum say it than town (to be exact, if more than 2 scum say it for every 7 town) then it's a scumtell. One cannot just make up a scumtell and say it's a scumtell.

Went through half the game and it took like an hour for some reason. I'll catch up on the rest of the game.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:14 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 199, Dirty Harry2 wrote:I am glad you now have two scum reads as I found your narrow focus and associations with e intiguing.
Fuck town reads

its called "scumhunting" for a reason
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:27 am

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 205, thenewearth wrote:
In post 199, Dirty Harry2 wrote:I am glad you now have two scum reads as I found your narrow focus and associations with e intiguing.
Fuck town reads

its called "scumhunting" for a reason
Here was my concern:
If you are nightkilled your ISO would be very limited with a lack of interactions and focus with other players.
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Franky »

In post 204, e_is_cool wrote:
Spoiler: Franky
In post 95, Franky wrote:
In post 90, e_is_cool wrote:
In post 88, Franky wrote:
In post 86, Dirty Harry wrote:
In post 71, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 57, e_is_cool wrote:The only argument you have against me is me bringing up RQS, and
that's because of my meta, not because of my alignment
. You also say that RQS looks town, but I'm scum because I'm doing it? That's kinda WIFOM-y.
ooh. i don't really like this response
someone take a guess at why
'Scum being caught for the wrong reason'?
The part about "that's because of my meta, not because of my alignment" is giving me a scum deja vu.
Quote specific posts or it isn't a scumtell.
The quote is already in there. I bolded it for you because I'm nice, but I don't believe for a second that you don't remember your own quote, or that you just missed that it was already quoted in a line of discussion that was specifically about it.
As I've already talked about what I meant with my post, even if I did miss the quote, how is that scummy? I don't get how scum would miss something and town wouldn't.
Like I said I don't think that you missed it. No one would miss it. Because anyone who did would have the instinctive to check again before asking for the quote, which is what I thought you were doing, since you didn't go through the trouble of explaining yourself.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:31 am

Post by thenewearth »

In post 206, Dirty Harry2 wrote:If you are nightkilled your ISO would be very limited with a lack of interactions and focus with other players.
If I'm nightkilled then there are 2 things

1) Someone is gonna NK spec and pin the blame on someone I scum read
2) Its because I was actually right

Thanks for giving scum some WIFOM
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:32 am

Post by thenewearth »

There's actually 3 wifom's there

The good, the bad, and the "what the fuck just happened?"
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:35 am

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 208, thenewearth wrote:Thanks for giving scum some WIFOM
Thanks for the town-read.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:32 am

Post by rb »

That actually looks like it could be a genuine scumslip to me.

Has earth town-read Harry at any point before that?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:43 am

Post by thenewearth »

I was town town-reading harry at any point at all?
Franky
Franky
Goon
Franky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Franky »

Well, I don't actually need to wait for the answers that will never come.

VOTE: earth.

This is my final vote for Day 1 unless something exceptional happens.
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:53 am

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 212, thenewearth wrote:I was town town-reading harry at any point at all?
The contradiction arose here:

'e_is_cool is scum'.
'Dirty Harry is scum'.
'Dirty Harry gave scum WIFOM'.

The 3 statements cannot be all true.
If false, the sincerity/strength of your scumreads come into question.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:02 am

Post by rb »

In thenewearth puts Dirty Harry as her 2nd scum read.

Makes this look really, really bad tbh.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Skold »

In post 211, rb wrote:That actually looks like it could be a genuine scumslip to me.

Has earth town-read Harry at any point before that?
What is this? I don't see where TNE has town read DirtyHarry. Why are you acting like she has?
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 172, Franky wrote:I was refering to the parabola conversation. Thought it was obvious considering it's your first point in that multiquote, and our only ongoing conversation at that moment. (I also made that post from my phone)
If your question is: if Parabola is town, do you feel that they will be helpful town and help us win the game? Then my answer would be fuck yeah Errant would be helpful town and win us the game. I'm not sure what your question was if it wasn't that, sorry.
In post 172, Franky wrote:I do not think what you just said is unreasonable. However, I do think being less active isn't the best play for town regardless of reasons.
I think that you're being too paranoid based on a couple of experienced players saying they are going to play differently than what you expect; I will still be active, I will still be gamesolving. The way in which I gamesolve will be different.

I think all the stuff between you and e seems to be pretty solidly worked out; did you want me to respond to anything else in that section?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 172, Franky wrote:And you didn't ask for a read, you asked why I'm asking about parabola, which I was going to answer after I finished inquiring about him. But it's good to know you were fishing for a read without asking clearly. Btw, do answer my last question about parabola, the one you didn't understand to whom it was referring.
I didn't ask for a read. Parabola did.
In post 173, Skold wrote:@Nacho your last post before this surge of activity was during a discussion in which you didn't contribute. I don't like that both Nacho and Parabola are playing deliberately conservatively I don't think it'll help and it does make me nervous but as long as there is something they're doing I won't take it further.
I don't think my #76 or #86 missed any significant conversation, but feel free to explain why you feel differently.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 174, thenewearth wrote:e has literally just been defending his meta right now

#30: Meta Defending + Soft Telling how scum should play
#34: Future Meta Defending + Covering Scums with WIFOM
#57: Still Trying to Defend his meta
#82: WIFOM'ing Self
#89: Wants to use My own Meta
#139: He's still trying to defend his Meta and is now trying to dismiss it
#146: Quotes Others to prove his point of his meta

Yeah I don't really get why people keep saying this guy is town
I'd agree that e has focused pretty heavily on defending himself.
I don't think that e would be the first new player who focused to heavily on defense when he gained a bit of heat.

thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by thenewearth »

In post 219, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't think that e would be the first new player who focused to heavily on defense when he gained a bit of heat.
He's clearly stating that he was never new to mafia. Only on mafiascum

If he was a pure newbie I'd be dismissing him already but for all that he's saying he has alot of experience under his belt
e_is_cool
e_is_cool
Townie
e_is_cool
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:38 am

Post by e_is_cool »

In post 220, thenewearth wrote:
In post 219, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't think that e would be the first new player who focused to heavily on defense when he gained a bit of heat.
He's clearly stating that he was never new to mafia. Only on mafiascum

If he was a pure newbie I'd be dismissing him already but for all that he's saying he has alot of experience under his belt
That doesn't mean much if you don't take a look at the games I've played.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:19 am

Post by Skold »

Getting kinda bored with e_is_cool meta posting, theory posting etc. I don't think it's a scum tell but it's honestly just a waste of space.
TNE's 220 is okay
Rb's 211 and 215 kinda sucks. That mistake feels really forced in order to make TNE look scummy.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:23 am

Post by rb »

In post 222, Skold wrote:Getting kinda bored with e_is_cool meta posting, theory posting etc. I don't think it's a scum tell but it's honestly just a waste of space.
Why would anyone say, "thanks for giving scum some WIFOM" to your 2nd highest scumread unless you knew they weren't scum?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:24 am

Post by rb »

Also Vecna's still not posting anything of worth so:

VOTE: Vecna

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”