Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I hate myself for having to make this post, because I haven't replaced out of a game for a year
Mod, replace me out.

I'm really sorry. I'm dealing with pretty important life things, dealing with work, and dealing with a pretty terrible illness at the same time.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

Sorry for attacking your activity.
Get well soon brother x
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 548, Dirty Harry2 wrote:This also demonstrates Nachomamma8's detachment to the nature of D1.
It demonstrates my experience moreso than it expresses any sort of detachment (the only evidence you need to see for me being detached is activity, which is not the type of thing that is tied in too closely for players who don't possess noticeably lowered confidence levels/competence levels/interest levels as either alignment).

My interaction was less "you only have one townread? my god!" and more challenging you to push more townreads; you can't actively win a game unless you close some doors and open others, and only having one townread that you're willing to invest yourself is more of a player problem over an environment problem in an overwhelming majority of circumstances at an end of D1 at Mafiascum.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 573, Vecna wrote:
In post 565, Loopdan wrote:
In post 563, Vecna wrote:I sort of agree with you that of the lurkers he feels least scummy so far.
At this point, who do you categorize as "the lurkers."

e, parabola, and nacho?
Yes, with lurkers I meant the people that I found very suspicious for the EOD stuff at the end of D1 (the three names you mentioned). Nacho has had a spurt of activity again today, but I still see him as part of the group of people I suspect of being scum.

However, I also find it very unlikely that both scum just decided to go full on lurker mode since that cant really be a winning strategy, so my gut tells me I should probably also be revisiting my other townreads and townleans some more today.
You forgot to follow up with my latest wall; did you get distracted by reaction testing Loopdan?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 600, Errantparabola wrote:I hate myself for having to make this post, because I haven't replaced out of a game for a year
Mod, replace me out.

I'm really sorry. I'm dealing with pretty important life things, dealing with work, and dealing with a pretty terrible illness at the same time.
Don't hate yourself here; you did a good thing here.

e_is_cool
e_is_cool
Townie
e_is_cool
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by e_is_cool »

Wait snap forgot to announce V/LA for the weekend.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 596, Skold wrote:Theory shit for Nacho/IC replacement - Thoughts on reading someone through the slot's predecessor's actions.
Read whichever person in the slot that you feel you can read the best.
For example, Franky's slot looked pretty town, Loopdan maintains a pretty strong townread as a result.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 595, Skold wrote:Vecna goes back on chopping board for not voting me for terrible townread? Jesus Christ people if you don't want to become bacon give me something.
I don't understand why you'd suddenly suspect Vecna for not voting you for one weak townread - earlier, you said you didn't understand the scum mindset for his Day 1 play; has that changed? Why wouldn't scum vote a townie who made a mistake?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

For the record, where I'm standing today:

ALWAYS TOWN: Dirty Harry, Loopdan
LEANING TOWN: Vecna, (much weaker) E
SCUM (?): Parabola, Skold

I'm interested in getting a replacement in the slot since the replacement will almost certainly be easier to read than someone with a scumgame as strong as Parabola's. I keep wanting to read Skold as town, but then he keeps doing questionable things and dragging my read of him down. I think that it's a mistake to clear Vecna for lurking D1 and then producing content by EoD; the reaction test would be an admirable enough scum move but it's nowhere near impossible. I haven't reread E's posts in depth yet, been hoping that he'd produce something relatively soon in order to strengthen my convictions on the slot.

Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 602, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 548, Dirty Harry2 wrote:This also demonstrates Nachomamma8's detachment to the nature of D1.
It demonstrates my experience moreso than it expresses any sort of detachment (the only evidence you need to see for me being detached is activity, which is not the type of thing that is tied in too closely for players who don't possess noticeably lowered confidence levels/competence levels/interest levels as either alignment).

My interaction was less "you only have one townread? my god!" and more challenging you to push more townreads; you can't actively win a game unless you close some doors and open others, and only having one townread that you're willing to invest yourself is more of a player problem over an environment problem in an overwhelming majority of circumstances at an end of D1 at Mafiascum.
Detached in the sense I feel like you should have realised/identified with the reason why I only had one town read on D1.
"more challenging you to push more townreads"
I will accept the challenge.

D2 - my reads are developing slowly due to pace of the game.
Unfortunately I feel like my frustration with players is fueling my suspicion of them.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 600, Errantparabola wrote:I hate myself for having to make this post, because I haven't replaced out of a game for a year
Mod, replace me out.

Noted. (Reserved for VC).

Day 2 VC #5Vecna (0) -
e_is_cool (2) - ,
Harry (0) -
Skold (0) -
Loop (0) -
Parabola (2) - ,
Nacho (0) -
Not Voting (3) - e_is_cool, Loop,

Lynch ThresholdWith 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

DeadlineDay 1 ends on August 2, 2016 5:30 PM EST DST+1 or in (expired on 2016-08-02 17:30:00).

Mod NotesMod is V/LA until 7/29.
I will probably be around, but not for a very long time during that period. Please address SirCakez if any issues arise during that time.

Seeking replacement for Parabola (SE).
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Am I mistaken or did Harry not place a single vote Day 1? In my very limited mafia experience I've never seen that.

So e, five days ago you said you'd "catch up on Day 2 soon. (By soon, I mean any amount of time between 0-3 days. Hopefully less than 1.5 days.)"

@e-- Other than a brief conversation about what website you have played mafia at, I don think you've interacted with parabola this game (please correct me if I'm wrong about this). I'd like your read on parabola's alignment and play.
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 611, Loopdan wrote:Am I mistaken or did Harry not place a single vote Day 1? In my very limited mafia experience I've never seen that.
I did not engage in RVS.
I did not vote D1.
However, I was admittedly happy to hammer more than half the playerlist D1.
I have only voted e_is_cool.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 550, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 543, Vecna wrote:Day2, you state that this skimming showed that I suddenly was a lot more towny. So why, if this skimming had already happened way earlier, did your vote stay on me?
Skimming posts isn't equivalent to reading through them; I planned to move my vote from you after I actually read through your posts in depth. Managing to look townier than doing nothing but making sheep noises isn't exactly an accomplishment and I wasn't exactly ready to clear you just because you were doing things at the very last minute.
In post 543, Vecna wrote:Also, why were you so insistent to hold off on your full reads list untill the very end of EOD? Seems quite convenient to hold off on it for so long, and then for it to never happen because someone finally hammered it with only 4 hours to go.
I wasn't insistent. I said that I would give my full reads list at the very EoD because I planned on playing this game more conservatively than usual; no one pressed me to give my reads list before then, and I'm sure that you of all people can see the value in holding off on sharing your full reads until later in the day.
In post 543, Vecna wrote:This is why I changed my opinion on you, and it needs some answers.
Your original case on me looked pretty different from this; why not bring this up with your original push?
Because you asked me to answer your "last wall". My original case did not look different from it at all (compare 511 and 543 again if you think so). I did tell you your EOD was rubbish, and that your excuse to keep your vote parked on me instead of providing reads and move your vote was very weak. Claiming you never got around to it because someone finally hammered with only 4 hours left to go is nonsense. You had 2 weeks + to provide them. Also you state you did not want to provide them too early because you want to play conservatively? How is that ever a pro-town move?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 605, e_is_cool wrote:Wait snap forgot to announce V/LA for the weekend.
So this is your way of getting out of the prod yet again? Lets see if this triggers some activity.

VOTE: E_is_cool

L1
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by Vecna »

Also Nacho, Im pretty amazed you actually went and read those threads I provided and got to the bottom of what happened to them. Whatever your alignment turns out to be, that does show some dedication lol
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:52 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

Look forward to e's catchup.
Sounds like he will not be replacing out.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 613, Vecna wrote:Claiming you never got around to it because someone finally hammered with only 4 hours left to go is nonsense.
Let's say Nacho is a student of Vecna's.
Vecna assigns a three page paper to Nacho and says it is due in two weeks at 3:00 PM. Nacho avoids working on the paper until later because he has work that is larger and scarier and he knows writing the paper won't take him longer than an hour (he's already mostly done with the prep work). At 11 AM, Vecna refuses to accept any more papers and gives Nacho (who hasn't yet begun working on his paper) a 0. Do you see why this is problematic?

Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

What if Nacho is not a student but mafia.
Vecna assigns a three page paper to Nacho and says it is due in two weeks at 3:00 PM.
Nacho avoids working on the paper because he wants to see thenewearth misslynched.
At 11 AM, Vecna refuses to accept any more papers and gives Nacho a 0.
Do you see why this is problematic?

We only get judged on what we do in the moment.
Timing.
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:23 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 608, Nachomamma8 wrote:I think that it's a mistake to clear Vecna for lurking D1 and then producing content by EoD; the reaction test would be an admirable enough scum move but it's nowhere near impossible.
I feel like Vecna is unlynchable now.
It would need fresh blood in the player list to mount a serious lynch on him.
The gambit has secured his safety to LYLO/MYLO regardless of his alignment.

Outside of his D1 gameplan, I feel like Vecna and I are on the same wavelength on many posts/players.
This is usually a personal town-tell for me.
He is not today's lynch.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 617, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 613, Vecna wrote:Claiming you never got around to it because someone finally hammered with only 4 hours left to go is nonsense.
Vecna assigns a three page paper to Nacho and says it is due in two weeks at 3:00 PM. Nacho avoids working on the paper until later because he has work that is larger and scarier and he knows writing the paper won't take him longer than an hour (he's already mostly done with the prep work). At 11 AM, Vecna refuses to accept any more papers and gives Nacho (who hasn't yet begun working on his paper) a 0. Do you see why this is problematic?
This comparison is extremely faulty.

The comparison would be more accurate if the teacher informed his students the deadline will close at a random time anywhere between the start and two weeks, but that it is exponentially more likely to close as significant time passes.

Would any sane student really wait for the last four hours to hand his paper in?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:08 pm

Post by Vecna »

At any rate, whats done is done. Allthough I do not like it that you didnt get to post your EOD reads its not important enough to soak up such a large part of the ongoing discussion and I feel there are far better lynch candidates instead of you today.

Also stop setting me up for the NK please Harry :p
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:11 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 617, Nachomamma8 wrote:
This analogy only works if the school has a known policy that due dates can be shortened at anytime by the public votes of a majority of students. :igmeou:
Dirty Harry2
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Dirty Harry2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:19 pm

Post by Dirty Harry2 »

In post 621, Vecna wrote:Also stop setting me up for the NK please Harry :p
I don't want to die N2.
Take one for the team.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:18 am

Post by SirCakez »

goodmorning replaces Errantparabola! Please welcome her.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”