Mini 1803: Hunger Games Mafia (GAME OVER)

Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

In post 2662, Vedith wrote:
In post 2660, DrippingGoofball wrote:I have a scumread that no one shares on Infinity.
Your scum read is based on him and Clumsy not talknig to one another, where Infinity joined after the Clumsy lynch.
Give me other reasons to change my opinion. Other reasons in this game.
And this...really. Did you read the post? I'll quote it for you, and bullet point it for you to see clearly. Even though you've quoted from this post, it doesn't seem like you've read it.
In post 2660, DrippingGoofball wrote: I think there is a measure of this happening here. mollie is dipping into the well of
PERSONAL AUTHORITY
failing to consider that were I scum I would, like majiffy, know exactly how to pat her down and make her feel real comfy. I have a scumread that no one shares on Infinity. Some people are hard-core defending him like Spiffeh was hard-core defending hiplopscum in that game yesterday. He's tossing all kinds of shoot-from-the-hip statements that sound really good on the surface but leave me struggling trying to explain how his TONE is all wrong. Like that certain disregard you have for people when the game forces you to lie to them and paint them in an unfavorable light. Like that nasty kind of aggression that just shuts people down instead of considering a different viewpoint. It's effective; it makes townies lose their footing, second guess themselves, and retreat. When a player does that as town, it wins games for scum. When a player does that as scum... it wins games for scum, too.

You guys seem to think that it's impossible for Infinity to be scum. I urge you to reconsider this. I may be wrong. But punishing discussion, different ideas, and most of all appeals to
PERSONAL AUTHORITY
leads to unhealthy game states that favor the scum.
- Mollie's ignoring the fact that DGB would be able to manipulate Mollie if DGB were scum.
- People are defending Infinity.
- Superficial play from Infinity.
- DGB questions Infinity's tone.
- Infinity is ignoring people's points because everything he's saying is false.
- Infinity's being aggressive and shutting down discussion.

We can talk about whether these things are wrong or right and I'm happy to do so. But she's clearly presenting points which have occurred in this game. Your request is answered in the same post you've quoted.

Discussion:
For example, I think DGB's point about Infinity ignoring other people's viewpoints is questionable. At the beginning of the day, at least, he seemed to be more open to this. Also, confbias is an explanation which Infinity has confessed to and which town players suffer from. Similarly, Infinity is shutting down discussion but this could be because he's confbiased and just wants to see my alignment now. This is lazy but also something that town players can do (
XTOXM
.)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't have anything else to add in this day phase, other than the fact that I think a 72 hour extension for an originally 5 day phase is ridiculous (That would be like an ~8.5 day long extension for a normal phase)

Froot is town i think

I think Skybird is mafia still

Dgb can go either way but I think infinity is more likely as a Skybird partner
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:29 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 2699, Froot Loop wrote:The fact that there's at least one town player from Mollie/Vedith/Infinity is completely bemusing to me.
So IYO, the remaining two scum are in Mollie/Vedith/Infinity?
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2702, Skybird wrote:
In post 2699, Froot Loop wrote:The fact that there's at least one town player from Mollie/Vedith/Infinity is completely bemusing to me.
What's your opinion on remaining scum?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 2691, Froot Loop wrote:I think this is a bit misleading. Xtoxm didn't win that gift and we don't know why he received it.
Well, he had the double vote. If you don't think he won it, then you're a moron, regardless to why he won it.
I claim scum \o/
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:33 pm

Post by Skybird »

I think it is Froot and DGB.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:46 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

In post 2704, Vedith wrote:
In post 2691, Froot Loop wrote:I think this is a bit misleading. Xtoxm didn't win that gift and we don't know why he received it.
Well, he had the double vote. If you don't think he won it, then you're a moron, regardless to why he won it.
Did he win the vote? Or did I win the vote and then not receive the gift for some reason? Anyway, this is semantics.

No response to my post about DGB and your missing of all the reasons she thinks Infinity might be scum in her post? No response at all?
In post 2702, Skybird wrote:
Not necessarily but there's only two scum left so one of them has to be town.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:48 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 2706, Froot Loop wrote:No response to my post about DGB and your missing of all the reasons she thinks Infinity might be scum in her post? No response at all?
I'll respond to your questions when you respond to mine.
You out right refused to answer my question, so why do you expect me to answer any of yours?
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:50 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 2706, Froot Loop wrote:Not necessarily but there's only two scum left so one of them has to be town.
Me and Infinity actually had a recruit power, so we chose Mollie.
I claim scum \o/
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:04 am

Post by Froot Loop »

That's ok, we can just leave it hanging there that you made an error and you don't want to rectify it.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:38 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Froot is soft defending and explaining for her null read DGB now...

Also. Froot. I am not ending discussion because I am conf biased and/or lazy. I am ending it because I think it is getting nowhere. I'm sorry if you think that is rude, or whatever, but I'm not going to continue an endless discussion that is not productive. I think I found you as scum using legitimate scumhunt of tactics and by identifying patterns in your play that tend to come from scum. You disagree. Ok, I'm not going to convince you that you are scum. I don't want you to feel like you got lynched for no reason, but you are no making it easy for me because you are doing scummy things and refusing to admit they are scummy or that you did them, imo.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:58 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2709, Froot Loop wrote:That's ok, we can just leave it hanging there that you made an error and you don't want to rectify it.
Froot is so salty! :giggle:
I claim scum \o/
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:04 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

There is a difference between not considering the other side and not being convinced by the other side.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:20 am

Post by Froot Loop »

This game has really brought it out of me :/

I completely understand what you're saying. My problem is that I don't feel like your criticisms are valid. And, also, I don't feel like we've discussed it enough. I feel like 80% of this conversation has been you saying that you don't want to have this conversation. I'm not saying that's not a valid way to feel. 100% I don't feel like you've considered my play as town. I don't think you've looked at it from a town perspective.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ok, I'll do it just for you :D

In the meantime can you explain what you like less about my play and the end of today?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:39 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 2705, Skybird wrote:I think it is Froot and DGB.
good then vote dgb

cos your fencesitting on dgb isn't doing you any favours!
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:40 am

Post by pirate mollie »

off for another long day at work, won't be back until much later
whew!
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:07 am

Post by Froot Loop »

I think at the beginning of the day you were asking questions and trying to figure things out. You were generally asking people about their opinions, you were talking about the gift, you said you thought it was more likely that scum couldn't receive the gift than scum having a re-direct role. I thought that was a valid point but I also received the gift on D1 so that didn't matter. You also talked about who should get the gift tonight and whether it should go to a PR or not. Ok. There were even things that pinged me that you explained, like asking about the most active players and explained why in . Also, you said you were having doubts about me, which was good but also related to what I was saying in the game.

Then, you asked about people's thoughts on who my partner is, which is useless. Speculating about a player's interaction pre-flip is useless and I don't think there's a need to direct conversation in that direction before a flip. You said you voted yesterday, which I think is odd and pinged me as a possible re-direct from Skybird. To be honest, it also contributed that I feel like I've presented reasonable points and they haven't been heard. Both you and Vedith have suggested that DGB would come in as partner and WK me, which I think is unlikely because the conviction you have doesn't make that easy. I think that's an unlikely interpretation of play. And I think your vote for DGB is weak.

I think I've made it clear that I think all of this play is possible as town but I'm also seeing more possible scum-conclusions to your play.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2717, Froot Loop wrote:Both you and Vedith have suggested that DGB would come in as partner and WK me, which I think is unlikely because the conviction you have doesn't make that easy.
Have you played with DGB or read her games?
I claim scum \o/
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Froot Loop »

I read the QT with majiffy she posted about.

This is difficult. I don't think the scenario a few people have posted makes much sense, with DGB and me as scum partners. I've posted some reasons why. I also know that it isn't true, because I'm not scum. As a town player, I'm thinking about DGB's play and wondering if it's likely. Was I so close to being lynched that she thought she would be able to come in, draw attention to herself, wait for me to be lynched and then claim the credit? In that case, why would she go after Infinity? Why not Skybird, or even Bins or Dunn or anyone. Infinity is a strange choice. Unless the point Mollie (I think) made about wanting to break up the town bloc is correct.
President Snow
President Snow
Goon
President Snow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 am

Post by President Snow »

Vote Count 3.10

Skybird – [2] Dunnstral2, Froot Loop1
pirate mollie -
Vedith -
Froot Loop - [2] Xtoxm1, Skybird1,
Xtoxm – [7] Xtoxm2, Vedith2, Dunnstral1, Infinity 3242, Bins2, pirate mollie2, Skybird2
Infinity 324 –
DrippingGoofball – [4] Bins1, pirate mollie1, Infinity 3241, Vedith1,
Bins –
Dunnstral - [1] Froot Loop2

Not Voting - DrippingGoofball1, DrippingGoofball2

Mod Notes - None.

Feast votes are due in (expired on 2016-07-27 17:21:57).
President Snow
President Snow
Goon
President Snow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:24 am

Post by President Snow »

The time has come! The Queue’s music plays in the sky followed by the voice of the President:

Tributes, it is now time for the Feast! After several days of deliberation, Xtoxm and DrippingGoofball have been chosen to participate in this event. They are now the only two you may vote for. The winner will remain in the Games and receive a gift for a fight well fought, and the loser’s picture will be in the sky for all to see. Xtoxm and DrippingGoofball, good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

There is excitement in the air in the studio of Caesar’s live broadcast as he comments on the Feast:

The Feast is always one of the most thrilling parts of the Games, don't you agree folks?! You just never know what will come out of it. Every Hunger Games has seen many formidable challengers go to the Feast and have their journey abruptly ended there. For me, it is one of the most intense parts to watch. I wonder who will make it out of this on top?! One thing is for sure, whoever wins this will likely get something that helps them win the Games. There is a reason so many people forego the risk and go to the feast!
President Snow
President Snow
Goon
President Snow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:27 am

Post by President Snow »

Vote Count 3.11

Xtoxm -
DrippingGoofball -

Not Voting - [9] Skybird, pirate mollie, Vedith, Froot Loop, Xtoxm, Infinity 324, DrippingGoofball, Bins, Dunnstral

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Mod Notes - None.

Day 3 ends in (expired on 2016-08-05 17:26:39).
Last edited by President Snow on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: DrippingGoofball