mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:55 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 608, Ranger wrote:
mhsmith wrote:Well I guess we will have to see what everyone else has to say in twilight. Why did you think I was mafia again?
^Not a town reaction to thinking he was hammered.

For the record, I happen to know mhsmith is vulnerable to believing this sort of thing, but he did basically nothing after the "hammer".

No attempt at final reads.
No attempt at scumhunting.
No "I was town".
No gambit of "I was scum" like innocentvillager.
Just something weak, like this.
Another one. Why didn't I spam the thread with final reads, even if I had been fooled (and ftr, I was "fooled" in the micro game only for as much time it took me to re check the vote counts to verify)?

The reason was I was a tree, and was very likely to be around as a stump d3 if I'd been lynched. Why didn't I just say that? The reason is again obvious; enough people (ranger and m&m at least, maybe others) had already claimed vt (needlessly), and it was anti town to add my name to the list.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:56 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1424, Titus wrote:
In post 1422, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 1360, PantherPunt wrote:
In post 1356, DrippingGoofball wrote:But they're so complicated and tedious questions LOL
Here's the simple version.

You townread smith.
You learned what the setup is and then that negated your townread on smith.
Why?
The question answers itself.

1) dgb was protective, protected me last night, based her read on the resulting no kill, then backed off upon bothering to read the setup
2) dgb was pretending to be the protective (either for PR cover as town or for various potential reasons as wolf).

No other answer here is reasonable. Paying attention and exhibiting critical thinking makes it obvious, even without the other hints. No hindsight is needed. Part of my frustration with this town is the strange lack of these things, and I suppose this incident is just another example if it.
My way is the only town way of thinking is just all around bad play.
@titus: my way isn't the only way, but certain things are obvious to anyone paying attention. This was one of them.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:02 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

As far as the rest goes, a town this lazy probably has rot at the top, amongst those who should be captain. Kinda like lambert simnel game in that respect. I expect more from ranger than I've seen, but honestly I can't think of ANYONE here who has merited a meaningful town read (beyond the non ccd pr for mechanical reasons). But if you want to lynch another obvious town (which would be MY FIRST MISLYNCH EVER outside a turbo btw), then lol whoever here is town I guess.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:07 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Btw I'm gonna more or less rule out a btd/alpaca team despite the fact that they both seem generically wolfy (lurker and active lurker - both were in my range of possible PR for a while for that reason, but now apparently there's no excuse), given the lack of game solving energy elsewhere.
Show
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Titus »

Hey, if you're town, your attitude is part of the problem. If you dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with you as simpletons or lazy, no one wants to work with you. People process things in different ways.

DGB's mistake could have been she didn't understand how trees worked, throwing PR cover or something else entirely. We didn't know at the time.

So how's about treating us like we're equals and engaging reads rather than peacocking about how you outed our PR.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Xkfyu »

I really just don't think that Smith is scum here.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:21 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1430, Xkfyu wrote:I really just don't think that Smith is scum here.
Awesome; why?

I'd really like people to substantiate reads on people as much as they can. This would be a helpful spot for it tbh.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:24 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1429, Titus wrote:Hey, if you're town, your attitude is part of the problem. If you dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with you as simpletons or lazy, no one wants to work with you. People process things in different ways.

DGB's mistake could have been she didn't understand how trees worked, throwing PR cover or something else entirely. We didn't know at the time.

So how's about treating us like we're equals and engaging reads rather than peacocking about how you outed our PR.
^ part of why I think Titus is town. I think making this post (screw you for calling me dumb and/or lazy) is outside her wolf range barring good evidence to the contrary.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:26 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

That said, ranger referenced "flags" and I'm curious what those are.
Show
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1431, mhsmith0 wrote:
Awesome; why?

I'd really like people to substantiate reads on people as much as they can. This would be a helpful spot for it tbh.
It's really just the game state of the entire day. I mean, your posts don't come off as scummy to me, but they don't scream town to me either.

Basically, I'm never voting DGB, Panther, or Ranger in this game, which makes my lynch pool Alpaca, BTD, Titus, and you, and I'd say you have probably been the most townie out that bunch.

Not only that, but you have been the only real lynch candidate for today and the fact that your wagon consists mostly of the others in my lynch pool bothers me.

It's obviously not you and Titus, and I doubt it's you and BTD. So, unless Alpaca is suddenly bussing you, I see no scenario in which you're scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Titus »

Ouch and then you go insulting my scumgame when I am widely regarded as one of the best scum players. At least you seem to be clueless.

Ranger just displayed a big red flag of being scum if you are town mhsmith. Since you're so much better than me, I bet you already know right?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:33 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1432, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 1429, Titus wrote:Hey, if you're town, your attitude is part of the problem. If you dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with you as simpletons or lazy, no one wants to work with you. People process things in different ways.

^ part of why I think Titus is town. I think making this post (screw you for calling me dumb and/or lazy) is outside her wolf range barring good evidence to the contrary.
I'm fine with moving my vote to either BTD or Alpaca, but those two and Titus are the only ones I'm considering for today.

You won't have my support on anyone else.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:33 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1434, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 1431, mhsmith0 wrote:
Awesome; why?

It's really just the game state of the entire day. I mean, your posts don't come off as scummy to me, but they don't scream town to me either.

Basically, I'm never voting DGB, Panther, or Ranger in this game, which makes my lynch pool Alpaca, BTD, Titus, and you, and I'd say you have probably been the most townie out that bunch.

Not only that, but you have been the only real lynch candidate for today and the fact that your wagon consists mostly of the others in my lynch pool bothers me.

It's obviously not you and Titus, and I doubt it's you and BTD. So, unless Alpaca is suddenly bussing you, I see no scenario in which you're scum.
Why are Panther and Ranger clear to you?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1437, Titus wrote:Why are Panther and Ranger clear to you?
Because of their (or their predecessor's, in Panther's case) reaction to IV's scum claim at the end of D1.

Same with DGB (Shotty's reaction), even before her claim.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1438, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 1437, Titus wrote:Why are Panther and Ranger clear to you?
Because of their (or their predecessor's, in Panther's case) reaction to IV's scum claim at the end of D1.

Same with DGB (Shotty's reaction), even before her claim.
Why?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:49 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1435, Titus wrote:Ouch and then you go insulting my scumgame when I am widely regarded as one of the best scum players. At least you seem to be clueless.

Ranger just displayed a big red flag of being scum if you are town mhsmith. Since you're so much better than me, I bet you already know right?
I think you're a good wolf player (better than me, and I think I said that in dead/post game chat in both 1775 and 1782). I think that specific post, and the emotional state that underlies it, is difficult to make as a wolf, especially quickly. I think your wolf game success is more about being able to make reasonable sounding cases against townies than it is being able to effectively fake town perspective/emotions, though again my sample size is 2 and one f them you were barely in since it was a MYLO sub.

I don't think that's insulting at all; if it was I apologize for it.
Show
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1439, Titus wrote:Why?
Kappy/Panther slot:
In post 219, Kappy wrote:
In post 212, innocentvillager wrote:I recommend priming the person we talked about in post 3 of QT.
Trying to figure out who this is so firefighter knows who to protect. I don't think scum have daytalk, so it's someone they discussed pre game. which means they won't prime based on performance, just on meta and stuff like that. Who's someone IV has a history with?
In post 222, Kappy wrote:
In post 221, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 219, Kappy wrote:
In post 212, innocentvillager wrote:I recommend priming the person we talked about in post 3 of QT.
Trying to figure out who this is so firefighter knows who to protect. I don't think scum have daytalk, so it's someone they discussed pre game. which means they won't prime based on performance, just on meta and stuff like that. Who's someone IV has a history with?
If anyone tells firefighter who to protect, their protection will be worthless as scum will just avoid priming them.

Also, perhaps IV just mentioned a name somewhere in post 3 of scumtalk and later (during the day) realised that they were a threat. As far as I know, primed and killed players can't post in the thread as stumps.
I'm not telling the firefighter who to protect. I'm giving them a clue so they can decide who to protect on their own.
Kappy tried to figure out who IV had a history with so the Firefighter would have a good idea who to protect. That's not a thought process that came from scum, after realizing that IV was fake claiming.

Ranger:
In post 216, Ranger wrote:
innocentvillager wrote:Ranger's early peg on me as scum was enough to fuck us over fast. How do you do it Ranger?
Well I told you.

Early-game content is my specialty.

I'll try and figure out your partner tomorrow, since there's no N1 possibility of death.
Celebratory tone at thinking she found scum mixed with a pinch of arrogance, which I've seen from a town Ranger who found scum.
In post 217, Ranger wrote:But, I have to be completely honest here.

I lied.

I wasn't 100% sure you were scum at all.

I was actually less sure about you than I was on Music and Mail! Especially with your later posting.

I was kinda afraid I'd be getting lynched tomorrow, and then we'd be in D3 with no assured scum leads, my credibility shot, and nothing to go on.
Admittance of a lie. If she's scum here, knowing that IV is going to actually flip town, she doesn't admit that.

Shotty/DGB slot:
In post 243, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I didn't need anything else. That post alone is why I death tunneled you. You gave your self away man.
Again with the celebrating and braggin that all he needed was one post to "peg" IV.

This one, I'll admit, is probably the weakest of the bunch, but luckily DGB has claimed Firefighter, so it had to be genuine.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Titus »

Those posts are not good for Ranger. I would have said no to Panther if I thought this was their only site. Other sites with Panther, I could see them reading and thinking legit scumclaim if I squint.

@mhsmith, You know why Ranger's proposition to lynch us back to back is bad if you're town and she's scum?

Ranger pushing IV for that comment as a scumclaim isn't good at all. Ranger would know better. Scumtopics on this site are not quick topics but private topics.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:57 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1435, Titus wrote:Ranger just displayed a big red flag of being scum if you are town mhsmith.
Where? You have piqued my interest.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Titus »

@DGB, if mhsmith is town, Ranger wants to lynch them. Ok. That happens.

We lynch Mhsmith. 7 alive.
Scum ignite you/other townie.
We lynch Me. 6 alive.
Scum do 3 burns.
That takes us to 3 alive with two scum.
If scum have 2 successful ignitions at that point, 2 mislynches is gg.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1442, Titus wrote:Those posts are not good for Ranger. I would have said no to Panther if I thought this was their only site. Other sites with Panther, I could see them reading and thinking legit scumclaim if I squint.

@mhsmith, You know why Ranger's proposition to lynch us back to back is bad if you're town and she's scum?

Ranger pushing IV for that comment as a scumclaim isn't good at all. Ranger would know better. Scumtopics on this site are not quick topics but private topics.
I don't understand what you're saying. IV's scum claim was fake, to get reactions.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Titus »

It should have been an obvious fake to anyone familiar with how scum topics work.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:05 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Wrt Titus in more detail
In post 700, mhsmith0 wrote:A bit more on tone/emotion for the curious (and I'll admit that I AM NOT good at this, but like I said, some people are). Key paragraph blown up
I don't have time to adequately respond to that post but one thing I can say quickly is that when I'm talking about emotions, I'm specifically excluding anger. It's the easiest emotion to fake and it's one that is often not alignment-indicative even when it is genuine, unless it can be traced to an origin in something distinctly villagery.

Emotions like pride, paranoia, surprise, suspicion, etc, are more difficult to fake. Wolves often fail to even identify spots in which emotion should be present in their posting, and their efforts at actually displaying more complex emotions are often quite clumsy, for example by stating their supposed feelings rather than displaying them

But in the case of Cron, a lot of what was clearing for him was just the sheer depth and breadth of his reads and interactions. It's just hard to fake that much content so quickly and make it sound good. And few wolves are ever going to stalk other players' online statuses in order to catch lurkers.
If someone has evidence that Titus wolf game specifically includes being good at fake emotion, cool, but otherwise I struggle to see wolf!her making those specific posts in that spot.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:06 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1442, Titus wrote:Those posts are not good for Ranger. I would have said no to Panther if I thought this was their only site. Other sites with Panther, I could see them reading and thinking legit scumclaim if I squint.

Yes I know why it's bad, as tomorow is PROBABLY at least MYLO. That's part of why I want to see ranger flesh out that read today, pre lynch. "There are flags" doesn't really cut it at this point.
Show
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:14 am

Post by Titus »

UNVOTE: mhsmith

I am starting to think Ranger X is a decent possibility.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”