Mini 1816: Magical Girls Mafia (Game Over)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1522, Varsoon wrote:If I provide reasons, will you admit that you've been lying?
1) I am not lying.
2) I am already breaking down your ISO.
3) Stop asking leading questions:

It is like the lawyer joke "When did you stop hitting your wife?" It supposed things that are not true and then tries to assume they are. You are assuming I am lying with your question and quite frankly I am not. I don't see what constitutes a reason. I see vote dropping and leaving it there.

It is when I call you out you switch votes.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Varsoon »

How does it feel to be blown the fuck out, Mathblade?
Start apologizing.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I know you are lying because I have, on multiple occasions, provided my rationale for voting TNE.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 177, Varsoon wrote:I know, it's just a lame part of the game for me.
Just because a dude claims something like Cop doesn't mean we should townread him outright.
Just because someone claims something super anti-town doesn't mean we should scumread them outright.
Like, yeah, it should influence how we read them, and we should consider if they are claiming truthfully, etc.
But the mechanical truths of the game shouldn't supersede the rhetorical play.

P-EDIT: Flighty, poor vote on me, I remember specific posts I didn't like.
It's early in this game so far and I'm not a great mafia player, but I feel better about TNE scum than anyone else so far.
This is not a "reason" you just call the vote poor and move on.

Oh and this shit about to get real. Gonna break down your ISO that somehow you magically had prepared. I don't apologize to scum ever.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Secondly in that post you waffle "I am not a great Mafia player" this gives you space to back off if your planned TNE push went south.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1517, MathBlade wrote:I will be sending a lot of pressure your way until I understand why the heck your original push of TNE was done.
I've provided my rationale for my push on TNE.
I'm expecting that you will now move the goalposts so that you can support your position on me, rather than admitting that you were wrong.

P-EDIT: There it is.
You asked me for my reasons. I had nothing 'magically' prepared.
I simply self-ISO'd, searched 'TNE' and found the posts of mine that gave my reasoning for pushing TNE.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 293, Varsoon wrote:@Pieguy: So... your defense of yourself is just as nebulous as TNE's rubbish. "It's a secret." "I was secretly scumreading them first, too!" C'mon.
I'm not going to just give you a pass because you are waving your hand. I don't fall for jedi mind-tricks.
In post 286, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 283, Varsoon wrote:Why indulge their self-afflicted post restriction? Why not just browbeat them into actual engagement with the game?
what self-afflicted post restriction?

wait a minute...

nene, have you been playing me for a fool this whole time?
In post 287, zMuffinMan wrote:i don't have an issue with nene being like she is

bigots like you and wisdom can't be allowed to talk down to people like that
I can't seriously believe that you think Nene's restriction is real and that you're staging this as wisdom/I are bullies for not going along with their cutesy rubbish. Build up the false narrative as much as you want, but I know you aren't this naive.
This post is invalid as all of it is at Pieguyn. Try harder.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1529, MathBlade wrote:Secondly in that post you waffle "I am not a great Mafia player" this gives you space to back off if your planned TNE push went south.
See my post about you being aggressively wrong.
The truth is that I am not a great Mafia player.
That's alignment-null. :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1531, MathBlade wrote: This post is invalid as all of it is at Pieguyn. Try harder.
I guess you're incapable of reading the part where I liken it to TNE and the source of my frustration comes from the same place that it does in regards to TNE

But hey fuck me, right?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 723, Varsoon wrote:The clear TNE beetlejuice shows that TNE was just lurking out while everyone frustrates the situation with AK.
Or they could have been offline due to RL. The fact is you used offline to try to frame TNE rather than ask a question. This is more trying to paint TNE as scummy than actually believing it.

No one is expected to be great at Mafia it is a game of guess work. However to openly admit it for a back door out I have a problem with. Own your shit.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1533, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1531, MathBlade wrote: This post is invalid as all of it is at Pieguyn. Try harder.
I guess you're incapable of reading the part where I liken it to TNE and the source of my frustration comes from the same place that it does in regards to TNE

But hey fuck me, right?
All you said "TNE rubbish" again no reason why.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Dude, I literally just admitted that I am not great at mafia.
That's owning my shit.
Me lying by saying it's whatever scum bullshit you've hypothesized?
That'd be lying.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 827, Varsoon wrote:
In post 772, zMuffinMan wrote: there is a very, very small pool of players i consider to actually be good at mafia
It seems less like a pool and more like a lil' jacuzzi. I know I'm not stretchin' in it, 'cus I'm a bad boy, a real shit knitter, a total skankosaurus.
But I still like to try to play, y'know. I still try to contribute. I still try to win and have fun and mostly win.

Anyway...
In post 808, thenewearth wrote:And I was expected to react with the first interaction

The thing is we could have all avoided this by not posting at all

I've learned that in a past. Some things aren't just worth answering
In post 809, zMuffinMan wrote:yes, and that's why i know you're not answering them. my biggest issue with how you've played the game is that it's hard to tell whether you think you're answering the questions or whether you're deliberately not answering them and pretending you have

i mean, the biggest example of my own line of questioning that never got a direct answer was the stuff about varsoon, how you somehow managed to "hit submit" at post #93 without reading past it, why you went back there afterwards, etc. yes, you gave
an
answer to my questions, but it wasn't actually answering what i was asking

so i gave up and decided nothing you were going to say about it was going to mean anything

similarly, i've been following pieguy's interactions with you and while you give
an
answer to some of pieguy's questions, you're also not answering the actual questions

and i have difficulty parsing whether you think you are or whether you're pretending you are
Yeah, how is that not a scum strategy, zmuffin?
Like seriously
"Oh I'm not gonna engage with anything because engagement and clarity can be anti-town sometimes so I'll avoid it all the times."
Like that is straight up scummy.
That's not how I'm used to TNE playing.
That's not how I've really ever seen town play.
I've seen people play distanced games. Even I have played a distanced game. This is a far shot from that.
Here the first is one actual thing close to a reason and it is one word "meta". Which is bullshit. This is tne's town meta having played with them recently. Just because someone doesn't play in the way YOU expect doesn't make them town or scum. It makes them different.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1535, MathBlade wrote:

But hey fuck me, right?
Are you literally incapable of reading?
Yes, if you ignore all the other words in that sentence, sure.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1536, Varsoon wrote:Dude, I literally just admitted that I am not great at mafia.
That's owning my shit.
Me lying by saying it's whatever scum bullshit you've hypothesized?
That'd be lying.
No it isn't. It is an excuse to backpedal.

"Oops" I lynched town..."guess I am not great at Mafia".

Owning your shit would be admitting you had no reasons for pushing. TNE in the first place.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1538, Varsoon wrote:

But hey fuck me, right?
I didn't. You compared Pieguyn to TNE's rubbish which you had failed to demonstrate. Saying I am ignoring things is false. There are literally no reasons in that post and you still don't have any for me now except "lying" which I am not and I am demonstrating why I believe what I do.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by Varsoon »

...except that I did. TNE was refusing to engage and put down content, all while hiding behind acting like he had reasons for his actions and reads, all of which were so-called secrets he still hasn't shared.

Expressing self-doubt doesn't have to be some huge scum sweeping rhetorical play. Sometimes, a player can just fucking say a thing.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1540, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1538, Varsoon wrote:

But hey fuck me, right?
I didn't. You compared Pieguyn to TNE's rubbish which you had failed to demonstrate. Saying I am ignoring things is false. There are literally no reasons in that post and you still don't have any for me now except "lying" which I am not and I am demonstrating why I believe what I do.

Okay, I guess I have to go back to the post of mine and illuminate that you can't read now.
Cool.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1312, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1309, Wisdom wrote:What makes him scum other than you disliking his playstyle?
This is not a defense of TNE as town.
Try again.
I've already detailed why he is scum.
Furthermore, him sheeping the low-hanging Kuroi wagon is the type of garbage that we need to get rid of.

I'm sorry that my refusal to fold my reads in and sheep outspoken, collectively-townread players is a 'tunnel' to you.
Here Wisdom points out your shit. He mentions the same thing I just did about the only thing you have said towards TNE is meta. You don't say Wisdom is lying here.

No you don't. And you don't explain it either. Instead you push Wisdom with sarcasm. I point your your stuff you push me. This is very familiar.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1541, Varsoon wrote:...except that I did. TNE was refusing to engage and put down content, all while hiding behind acting like he had reasons for his actions and reads, all of which were so-called secrets he still hasn't shared.

Expressing self-doubt doesn't have to be some huge scum sweeping rhetorical play. Sometimes, a player can just fucking say a thing.
Except when that thing is a scum role PM. Which IMO yours is.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 293, Varsoon wrote:@Pieguy: So... your defense of yourself is just as nebulous as TNE's rubbish. "It's a secret." "I was secretly scumreading them first, too!" C'mon.
I'm not going to just give you a pass because you are waving your hand. I don't fall for jedi mind-tricks.
The defense is AS NEBULOUS as TNE's rubbish.
In that sentence, I express both frustration with Pieguy's defense and TNE's play--my primary point of contention is how nebulous both are.

Neb·u·lous

nebyələs
Adjective
1. In the form of a cloud or haze; hazy.
EX: "a giant nebulous glow"
Synonyms: indistinct, indefinite, unclear, vague, hazy, cloudy, fuzzy, misty, blurred, blurry, foggy; More

2. (Of a concept or idea) unclear, vague, or ill-defined.
EX: "nebulous concepts like quality of life"
Synonyms: vague, ill-defined, unclear, hazy, uncertain, indefinite, indeterminate, imprecise, unformed, muddled, confused, ambiguous
"nebulous ideas"

The examples I have provided in quotations speak towards what I find
nebulous
and
rubbish
about both TNE's play and Pieguy's defense.

I finalize my point by stating that "I'm not going to just give you a pass because you are waving your hand." This explains my stance in regards to Pieguy, but further reinforces my tenacity in pushing TNE over playing in a similar way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Mathblade, honestly, your aggressiveness here is very off-putting.
You were like this in a previous game of ours as well.
It is very frustrating to deal with.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1545, Varsoon wrote:
The defense is AS NEBULOUS as TNE's rubbish.
In that sentence, I express both frustration with Pieguy's defense and TNE's play--my primary point of contention is how nebulous both are.

Neb·u·lous

nebyələs
Adjective
1. In the form of a cloud or haze; hazy.
EX: "a giant nebulous glow"
Synonyms: indistinct, indefinite, unclear, vague, hazy, cloudy, fuzzy, misty, blurred, blurry, foggy; More

2. (Of a concept or idea) unclear, vague, or ill-defined.
EX: "nebulous concepts like quality of life"
Synonyms: vague, ill-defined, unclear, hazy, uncertain, indefinite, indeterminate, imprecise, unformed, muddled, confused, ambiguous
"nebulous ideas"

The examples I have provided in quotations speak towards what I find
nebulous
and
rubbish
about both TNE's play and Pieguy's defense.

I finalize my point by stating that "I'm not going to just give you a pass because you are waving your hand." This explains my stance in regards to Pieguy, but further reinforces my tenacity in pushing TNE over playing in a similar way.
1) You don't demonstrate anything in that post about TNE's "rubbish".
2) the examples in quotations of that post are zmuffinman. Again no TNE quotes.
3) My aggression is off putting. Deal. I was town in that game and town in this one. I am going to say what I believe.

If you don't like it tough cookies. I don't change my play because scum don't like it. I poke and pressure til I see something that changes my mind. Nice attempt at trying to butter me up with the dictionary quote by the way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, it was Mass Effect Mafia, where you took a similar stance against me and you were both wrong and aligned against me.
No wonder I want to lynch you. I just lost a game where I felt exactly the same way against you.
In post 1547, Varsoon wrote: Also, great, glad that Mathblade's going to join the gaggle of people who make me want to actually hang myself.
In post 2330, Varsoon wrote:My next target will be you, Mathblade.
This way, the rest of the Turians know to avoid targeting you.
You rub me the wrong way. :P
In post 2462, Varsoon wrote:
In post 2459, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2456, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 2454, beeboy wrote:FAQ is scum mathblade you are correct :)
People are starting to get it now.

Good to hear that. What do you think of my Salarian theory for Varsoon?
Absolute bullshit because I'm turian.
Fuck yourself.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

So, thanks for reassuring me that you're frustrating to play with/against and that it may just be an alignment tell for you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”