The Walking Dead Season 1 Finale (GAME OVER)

hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 399, pirate mollie wrote:wats the larger picture
he would focus on stupid wording choices instead of the overall context of the post.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 400, hebichan wrote:
he would focus on stupid wording choices instead of the overall context of the post.
what is the overall context of the post?
whew!
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 401, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 400, hebichan wrote:
what is the overall context of the post?
I had already explained back in my back and forth with kuroi, this is not a useful conversation.

he thought I was scum reading him because I thought his posts were "unimpressive" when really I was just asking why everyone was townreading him so hard when none of his posts have been that impressive since I had voted him. MY original vote on him had nothing to do with me asking about the townreads on him. I then admitted he also had not been scummy since I had made my original post, which he latched onto as meaning I never scumread him in the first place.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

okay

so why do you think he is scum?
whew!
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by hebichan »

I just explained, his refusal to actually read any more than a single post at a time and focusing on stupid word choices and pretending that there were things that were there that weren't.

Not to mention the fake as fuck "respect" after one game where I played horribly.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:50 pm

Post by Radja »

Day 1, VC 9

pirate mollie (4)
-
DrippingGoofball, Maverick1102, Wisdom, hebichan

SirCakez (3)
-
CatDog, My Other Head Is Scum, TiphaineDeath

Iprobablysuck (3)
-
MagnaofIllusion, SirCakez, beeboy

Young and Witless (3)
-
BlueBloodedToffee, Xkfyu, Maxous

hebichan (2)
-
KuroiXHF, Young and Witless

KuroiXHF (1)
-
pirate mollie

Maxous (1)
-
Iprobablysuck

My Other Head Is Scum (1)
-
PeregrineV

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! Deadline is on August 20th at 11:00 AM(GMT+1) or in (expired on 2016-08-20 11:00:00).

Mod Notes -
Wisdom is on V/LA until August 10
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:07 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 367, Young and Witless wrote:So the thing is.
My record at reading Cakez is abysmal. I've found that if I want to scumread him he's probably town, and if I want to townread him he's probably scum.
The problem being that even when I tried to apply this rule I still arrived at the wrong result.
So, like, I see why people don't like my reasoning. But maybe people (BBT, Xkfyu and TD in particular) can talk to me about their reads on Cakez instead of just calling mine fake.
For the record, I am more concerned about your reasoning for town reading BBT, than your defense of Cakez, though that certainly didn't help.

I have actually had similar problems as you have in reading Cakez in the past. Eerily similar, in fact. That's why I don't really bother wasting my time trying to read him early on, and he usually stays in my "null/willing to lynch" pile, until I finally have to read him, or until I see something that completely convinces me of his alignment.

So, actually, having said that, yeah, I am more concerned about your town read on Cakez here, as I don't think anyone having such a similar outlook on Cakez as I do should be town reading him right now.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:41 am

Post by beeboy »

VLA
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Young and Witless
Young and Witless
Goon
Young and Witless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:27 am

Post by Young and Witless »

In post 379, SirCakez wrote:
In post 377, CatDog wrote:Yes, scumcakez, keep trying to discredit my read on you instead of actually doing something. It's going to bite you in the ass eventually.

Your "readslist" was weak and I'm pretty sure fake, as it was already pointed out that it only took you 5 minutes to Iso people and come up with it after you only had one town read and one scum read.

What's your read on us, since I don't remember being included in your list?
If I cared about discrediting scumreads on me then I'd be attacking MOHIS a lot more
I'm just really pissed off that players like you keep scumreading me as town because they're arrogant, then I get mislynched, then they're like "oh damn sorry cakez" then they do the same damn thing next game and it's getting quite annoying
I've also gotten annoyed at SS for the same thing

My read on you currently is null because you've done little besides attack me at this point and since you always scumread me it's NAI
Lol, rude. I've never actually mislynched you while I was alive. :wink: (I've tried to, though...)
In post 385, hebichan wrote:Yeah, town is allowed to be wrong on scum, doesn't mean people have to agree with their townreads.

To YAW, I don't really care if you feel I'm waving away scumroi's "Arguments"

They're bad, I shouldn't have to justify my reasoning against them.

I mean SS, you were one of the scum during the game where I replaced in and played with Kuroi, doesn't his claim to have "Respect" for me as a player seem super suspect, seeing as that was also the only game I played with you if I remember right. So just try justifying the obvious "lol she's too good for this argument" thing with that in mind.
You shouldn't have to justify your reasoning... so why are you?
And I can see where Kuroi is coming from with that; your reads and reasoning were pretty good and straightforward. But if that's the only game Kuroi's played with you then I doubt he's qualified to make that assessment.
In post 391, Maxous wrote:
In post 376, Young and Witless wrote: Hebichan feels backtrack-y, voting Kuroi then mollie imemdiately and seemingly trying to play down her Kuroi read. Her explanation in technically makes sense, but it feels super contrived. Then she tries to wave away Kuroi's arguments in , and she says in that her scumread on Kuroi never got any better despite admitting that he hadn't done anything scummy since her vote on him.
she had a scum-read on Kuroi.
She got a bigger scum-read on Mollie and switched her vote while still thinking Kuroi is scummy.
what's the issue??

i don't see how #320 is contrived, spell it out for me please.
reminds me of a thing I did as scum in a Fire & Ice game where I tried to justify a reachy point early in the game and had to walk people through my convoluted logic. Hebichan's point here is definitely reachy, especially given that mollie's softclaim wasn't really scummy (seems like something scum might jump on though), and I'd see town conceding that what she did was confusing rather than continuing to defend it and attack Kuroi for not understanding it.
In post 406, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 367, Young and Witless wrote:So the thing is.
My record at reading Cakez is abysmal. I've found that if I want to scumread him he's probably town, and if I want to townread him he's probably scum.
The problem being that even when I tried to apply this rule I still arrived at the wrong result.
So, like, I see why people don't like my reasoning. But maybe people (BBT, Xkfyu and TD in particular) can talk to me about their reads on Cakez instead of just calling mine fake.
For the record, I am more concerned about your reasoning for town reading BBT, than your defense of Cakez, though that certainly didn't help.

I have actually had similar problems as you have in reading Cakez in the past. Eerily similar, in fact. That's why I don't really bother wasting my time trying to read him early on, and he usually stays in my "null/willing to lynch" pile, until I finally have to read him, or until I see something that completely convinces me of his alignment.

So, actually, having said that, yeah, I am more concerned about your town read on Cakez here, as I don't think anyone having such a similar outlook on Cakez as I do should be town reading him right now.
So you're saying that people who have trouble reading Cakez shouldn't even attempt to read him early on, and it's scummy even to try? :igmeou:
And talk to me about BBT if you don't like that read. What's your read on him?
-smart
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:34 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 380, pirate mollie wrote:I am at p14 and i just want to get this straight.

so

magna, hebi, beeboy all have me as scum but catdog as town? catdog who is townreading me (with good reason)?

I just want to get how this works.

I am going to respond to back posts once I have caught up.\

eta: is wis still allowed to lurch by?

I can't wait
I hate these kinds of posts where Mollie is just taking potshots at other players without actually adding anything. Especially her attack on Wis because he's declared V/LA more then once.
In post 390, beeboy wrote:
In post 380, pirate mollie wrote:magna, hebi, beeboy all have me as scum but catdog as town? catdog who is townreading me (with good reason)?
I am not bound to sheep UTL this game.
you are still doing nothing and this is concerning me
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:43 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 408, Young and Witless wrote:So you're saying that people who have trouble reading Cakez shouldn't even attempt to read him early on, and it's scummy even to try?
And talk to me about BBT if you don't like that read. What's your read on him?
I'm not saying it's scummy to try. I'm saying it's scummy to force a town read, which is exactly what it looked like, especially considering the town read came after Cakez came under pressure.

As for BBT, I've already stated that I have a town read on him and why, in post . So again, I feel like the reason is bogus. There isn't anything in post that I don't think BBT would say as scum, and when he rightly questioned you on this, you just hand-waived it.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:04 am

Post by PeregrineV »

`Who or what is UTL?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: Iprobablysuck
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 411, PeregrineV wrote:`Who or what is UTL?
UpTooLate

Half of the CatDog hydra.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:10 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 413, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 411, PeregrineV wrote:`Who or what is UTL?
UpTooLate

Half of the CatDog hydra.

I don't feel the urge to try and resolve all my nulls this early in the game, but might make an exception here.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Xkfyu »

What's that supposed to mean?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Maxous »

i would prefer to have IPS' slot vigged honestly because if he's not gonna play then, whatever.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Agreed.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:21 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 367, Young and Witless wrote:
In post 247, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Personally I’d support a lynch on Other Head simply to stanch the flow of spammy shitposting from the Fire head.
:igmeou:
Also anyone who wants to give Beeboy Town cred for shitposting can fight me also …
Is this a meta thing or just a general aversion to people townreading shitposters?
VOTE: Iprobably - the response to a single vote from Maxous at is “Why Me” which needs rope. And then disappears into the backgroup. Note too busy to actually provide content but not too busy to say “I’m too busy”.
Does "Why Me" come more often from newbscum than newbtown?
predictably, YAW didn't care that Magna completely blanked these questions.

if you want me to be honest, this was the tipping point of why i'm voting them.
these were red-flag fluff questions

The explanation for the hebichan scum-read is okay but i still don't get the sense YAW really beleive what they are saying regarding SC
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:26 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Nice to see the YAW wagon picking up support.

Join the cool kids on the YAW wagon if you're not already on it!
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Why is Mollie still on Kuroi when it ended long ago? Seriously, there's newer things to comment on like the YaW wagon (which I kinda want to join but I really don't like Mollie's play more than I like the YaW wagon).

I don't like the amount of meta and half-baked faux-assertive stances in this game thus far. Trying to appeal her case as town by associating with someone who townreads her (#380) is just weak and looks like 'why me'. The fluff questions (and I shan't be letting this go, I'm very firm on this) were exactly that. Finding out how Kuroi organises his thoughts is bollocks, frankly and when you combine that with a weak link to meta that really says nothing much at all it looks very forced, like Mollie is trying to look like she's doing shit, which she ain't.

#386 looks like a forced attempt at playing into Townie Recklessness and I dislike how obtuse Mollie is being. It's like she's trying to be arrogantly tough to read, which to me just stands out as scum.

I'd really appreciate more people looking at and commenting on Mollie and Kuroi please. This and YaW ought to be the wagons today and I'm reasonably happy to see this through to completion today.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Add to the above the softclaim earlier in the game and I really think we need to pressure this much further.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:02 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

It's not that I don't understand something. It's that Hebichan's philosophy simply doesn't make a lick of sense. I'm just given up trying to accept her reasoning as a legitimate defense because it's simply her trying to weasel out of her inconsistencies.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:16 am

Post by My Other Head Is Scum »

In post 416, Maxous wrote:i would prefer to have IPS' slot vigged honestly because if he's not gonna play then, whatever.
It's day 1. Either he plays or gets replaced...
:down: :down:

-Vedith
Hydra of Firebringer and Vedith
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Radja »

"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”