The Walking Dead Season 1 Finale (GAME OVER)

Young and Witless
Young and Witless
Goon
Young and Witless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Young and Witless »

In post 772, Maxous wrote:
@something smart
: is there a specific reason you keep asking questions that you don't care what the answer is or if it's answered at all?

i don't see you doing in this previous town games. I actually checked
I'm not doing that?

What questions have I not cared about the answers to?
-smart
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 774, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 772, Maxous wrote:
@something smart
: is there a specific reason you keep asking questions that you don't care what the answer is or if it's answered at all?

i don't see you doing in this previous town games. I actually checked
Oh! Me! Me! Me! I got the answer!
What's the answer BBT?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:49 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

To look like town!

They're just busy questions to make it look like they're actually scum hunting. The questions themselves aren't great either tbh.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:57 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 769, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 766, Wisdom wrote:
In post 755, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Still not sold on YAW Wisdom?
stop tunneling
Pretty sure I'm not tunneling. And that made me genuinely laugh coming from you.
In post 767, farside22 wrote: You're tunneling on one player and thought of nothing else.
So I'm asking what your reads will be if you are wilting.
My point is for you to look beyond the tunnel.
I'm trying to get one player lynched, certainly. But I'm nowhere near tunneling.
Yes you are.
You've literally pushed nothing but the YAW wagon as scum.
I see bbt is refusing to be rational, so when I get home tonight I'm going to push at all my scum reads tonight.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:03 am

Which I just agreed with? Pushing one wagon is not tunneling Farside.

I have a scum read and I'm pushing it. I don't see your problem with that?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:11 am

Post by Wisdom »

Bbt youre better than this shallow tunneling
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:14 am

Post by Xkfyu »

I don't get it. Doesn't the whole "tunneling is bad" argument only hold water under the assumption that the tunneled player is town?

Do you guys really think YAW is town?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:15 am

In post 501, Young and Witless wrote: For Xkfyu, I liked in how he didn't back down from what he was saying despite his terminology being challenged, and I think the way he was trying to get reads out of people
without caring how it makes him look
reminds me of his towngame.
Can you expand on the bold for me?
In post 502, SirCakez wrote: Because not sharing reads just looks like you're just saying you have reads so you look like you're doing something.
Just want to point something out here; if I wanted to look like I was doing something do you think it would be a better idea for me to share my reads instead of making a post that is sure to draw attention?
In post 511, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 501, Young and Witless wrote:For Xkfyu, I liked in 255 how he didn't back down from what he was saying despite his terminology being challenged, and I think the way he was trying to get reads out of people without caring how it makes him look reminds me of his towngame.
I remember us talking about this exact thing in Math's Mafia.
What do you mean by this Xk?
In post 514, MagnaofIllusion wrote: So given the sparsity of reasoning on hebi as scum (which I agree with) in your ISO why are you scum-
reading her?
I didn't like the SC vote on - could be an honest mistake but she very clearly misread the Vedith/SC interaction. Even so, the reasoning behind the vote is weak and I don't like it.

The vote on Kuroi () is even worse; she just says he is 'so scum' and votes him.

The jump on Mollie () came out of the blue; especially after saying she understood what Mollie was trying to do. ()

is stretching to try and justify a Bee scum read. The unvote with no revote in was weird as well, it's like she forgot she had other scum reads.

I didn't even like the jump onto the YAW wagon but I'm happy with YAW being lynched so meh.
In post 516, Ankamius wrote: Town.
Walk me through what was town about Hebi's post.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:25 am

Post by My Other Head Is Scum »

In post 733, hebichan wrote:YAW
Maxous
PirateMollie
So, why are these for scum reads?
Maxous is voting YAW with you, opinion? Mollie isn't voting either lead wagon, opinion?

I'm not sure why we are sheeping Wisdom here. I guess Fire sees something I don't.
In post 689, Xkfyu wrote:Yeah, wisdom is town.
In post 711, Xkfyu wrote:Mollie, in your opinion, are you any good at faking frustration?
In post 763, Xkfyu wrote:I could vote Kuroi if the YAW lynch really isn't gonna happen. I'd probably prefer lynching him over hebichan.
In post 781, Xkfyu wrote:Do you guys really think YAW is town?
Yeaaaah, I'm not a fan of xkfyu here.
Tell me, why do you think hebichan is town?
Your original scum read on YAW was sheeping BBT. It then advanced after others put effort in against YAW.

-Vedith
Hydra of Firebringer and Vedith
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:33 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 751, Maxous wrote:
In post 432, pirate mollie wrote:uhm

what part of I am a self-resolving issue do you not understand?
^
mollie has committed herself to providing some kind of role-related results on the first day period.
if she's town, just let the scum deal with her.

worst case scenario, she gets lynched day 3/4 for bullshitting.
if the scum want to commit themselves like that on day 1, let them.

either way she's going to be gone before a lylo situation
thank you

can you plz explain to me why this is such a hard concept for pple to understand and how the fuck has dgb not figured this out cos it is making me want to scum read her for it.

god I hope I die during the night phase
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:37 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 754, farside22 wrote:
In post 753, Wisdom wrote:VOTE: kuroi

Not feeling the hebichan lynch anymore
As much as I agree with you there, I don't see anyone else seeing him as scum.
I don't see anything hebichan did that's town.
far I wld just like to point out that wis has been hard defending kuroi all game and called me scum for calling kuroi scum.
whew!
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 782, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:In post 511, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 501, Young and Witless wrote:
For Xkfyu, I liked in 255 how he didn't back down from what he was saying despite his terminology being challenged, and I think the way he was trying to get reads out of people without caring how it makes him look reminds me of his towngame.

I remember us talking about this exact thing in Math's Mafia.

What do you mean by this Xk?
At the beginning of Math's Mafia (we were both town), we had equally strong town reads on each other. He ended up scum reading me later on because even though I was active and whatnot, he didn't see anything especially townie in my posts. To which I responded something to the effect of "I never make any real effort to look town, or to avoid looking scummy, I just post what I think I need to post to solve the game."

So, I knew what he was talking about when he said he was town reading me. The problem was, well two problems really.

1. That was just one game, and as far as I can remember, this is the only other game that we've played together in.
2. We also talked a great deal in that game about how trying to meta read me would be pointless, to which I supplied a bunch of links to support that, and someone (I don't think it was Smart, though) agreed. So he should know better than to try and use meta to read me.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 783, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:Tell me, why do you think hebichan is town?
I never said I thought hebichan is town.
In post 783, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:Your original scum read on YAW was sheeping BBT. It then advanced after others put effort in against YAW.
No, it has remained constant ever since I initially voted them.

What's your problem with the other two quotes? You just trying to doubtcast now?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:54 am

Post by pirate mollie »

okay i am off to work, I will be back later and vote tonight.

I still do not like wis, smart, dgb, perv, hebichan altho i am uncertain cos my reasons for thinking that they are scum are entirely based on I am really not liking their play cos it doesn't make sense to me from a town POV. I will think about this later

oh yeah town!vedith read has dropped for the same reason as above.
whew!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:08 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Well since Mollie has decided to ignore my question and apparently doesn’t want my help in pushing Wisdom I’ll just keep forging ahead with scum-hunting in other places …

Hebi also ignoring makes me even more comfortable with my vote. And since she’s responded to posts after that one I can only assume it was deliberate. Last I checked we needed 3 more votes. Let’s get this done and swing scum.

I mean looks pretty fake to me given she has a Null rating and yet doesn’t bother to include Maverick, DGB or myself anywhere on her reads list.

--
In post 714, DrippingGoofball wrote:The only thing I like about hebichan is his mollie vote
Mollie isn’t getting lynched today. Join the Hebi wagon and lynch scum and I’ll help you out on Mollie tomorrow if she isn’t dead or Mod confirmed overnight.

--
In post 698, Maxous wrote:i don't think i gave one previously?

I'm very unsure about SC.
I would lean the scum side of null simply based on how long he has sat on the farside wagon for no reason.
I didn’t know if you had or not but wanted to know your read regardless.

So the issue I have is that at the time I asked the question YAR, hebi and Cakez were the leading wagons. As much as I think dualing scum wagons on Day 1 of a Large are possible I don’t think all three leading wagons are going to be scum unless this is some sort of Multiball scenario which we will not have any clue about until at least Day 2.

So you think all three of those wagons stand a chance of being on scum, even with a weaker Cakez read. Gun to your head which of YAR or Hebi do you think would be Town if you suddenly knew only 1 could be scum?

Also given the following bolded (which I think is absolutely a valid thing to think)
In post 758, Maxous wrote:MagnaofIllusion - seems fine I guess. nothing scummy to note.
I don't think he has done anything he wouldn't be capable of faking as scum
which is why it's a fairly light town-read.
Why are you solidly Town reading BBT for traits that are 100% easily faked as scum? And I don’t buy “he would not be more passive Day 1” for a second given BBT’s earlier back and forth with me about his previous activity levels the last 6 months.
In post 709, Xkfyu wrote:I get the feeling that they are more concerned with defending themselves from the lynch than they are with solving the game.
YAR has been either the leading wagon or a strongly competing wagon for much of the day. Do you expect them not to defend themselves at all in that position? If yes do you think your perception might by that reality?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:12 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 789, MagnaofIllusion wrote:In post 709, Xkfyu wrote:
I get the feeling that they are more concerned with defending themselves from the lynch than they are with solving the game.

YAR has been either the leading wagon or a strongly competing wagon for much of the day. Do you expect them not to defend themselves at all in that position? If yes do you think your perception might by that reality?
I have no problems with them defending themselves. The difference is that I think that it's their main concern.

I'm seeing too much "I'm not scum because...." when I should be seeing "Player A is scum because..."
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 785, pirate mollie wrote:far I wld just like to point out that wis has been hard defending kuroi all game and called me scum for calling kuroi scum.
a+ stretching of reality
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 789, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So the issue I have is that at the time I asked the question YAR, hebi and Cakez were the leading wagons. As much as I think dualing scum wagons on Day 1 of a Large are possible I don’t think all three leading wagons are going to be scum unless this is some sort of Multiball scenario which we will not have any clue about until at least Day 2.

So you think all three of those wagons stand a chance of being on scum, even with a weaker Cakez read. Gun to your head which of YAR or Hebi do you think would be Town if you suddenly knew only 1 could be scum?
oh

all my reads are individual. i'm not necessarily calling my scum-reads a team.
i don't use unflipped associations unless i have a specific reason to.

i'm more confident in YAW being scum which is why i have stuck with thier wagon over hebi's.
In post 789, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 758, Maxous wrote:MagnaofIllusion - seems fine I guess. nothing scummy to note.
I don't think he has done anything he wouldn't be capable of faking as scum
which is why it's a fairly light town-read.
Why are you solidly Town reading BBT for traits that are 100% easily faked as scum? And I don’t buy “he would not be more passive Day 1” for a second given BBT’s earlier back and forth with me about his previous activity levels the last 6 months.
eh maybe i'm underestimating him but i don't think he would be able to fake the genuine conviction feeling of the push.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 775, Young and Witless wrote:What questions have I not cared about the answers to?
-smart
Spoiler:
In post 166, Young and Witless wrote:
In post 160, Maxous wrote:young & witless might be scum white knighting SirCakez
Do you think the Cakez wagon will develop into a real wagon?
In post 166, Young and Witless wrote:@Kuroi: what didn't you like about ? And why don't you have anything to say about PeregrineV?
-smart
In post 367, Young and Witless wrote:
Also anyone who wants to give Beeboy Town cred for shitposting can fight me also …
Is this a meta thing or just a general aversion to people townreading shitposters?
VOTE: Iprobably - the response to a single vote from Maxous at is “Why Me” which needs rope. And then disappears into the backgroup. Note too busy to actually provide content but not too busy to say “I’m too busy”.
Does "Why Me" come more often from newbscum than newbtown?
In post 455, Young and Witless wrote:
In post 453, SirCakez wrote:You're asking why is flailing scummy?
Do you think I have any trouble coming up with reasons for reads as scum?
In post 744, Young and Witless wrote:
In post 717, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 716, Young and Witless wrote:Then you aren't reading my posts. What do you think about Ankamius?
Undecided.

I'll figure out it once he's answered my questions.
He answered one of them. (Not sure if there were more.) What do you think now?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 759, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 723, Ankamius wrote:
In post 705, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 578, Ankamius wrote:hm

UNVOTE: KuroiXHF

@mollie: convince me on YAW?
What was this sudden unvote about, Ank? It seemed kinda awkward.
His responses to me don't look like scum responses.
Can you elaborate a little? That doesn't really tell me a lot.
I'd expect scum to either ignore me, try to dismiss me, or try to turn the tables on me. What he did was none of those.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:22 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 792, Maxous wrote:eh maybe i'm underestimating him but i don't think he would be able to fake the genuine conviction feeling of the push.
I think you are way overselling the ability of scum to tunnel on a slot (which is mainly what he has been doing, I noted that after he got called out for tunneling by both Farside and Wisdom he went back and tried to widen his net as it were) and appear to have conviction.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:26 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 782, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 516, Ankamius wrote: Town.
Walk me through what was town about Hebi's post.
The timing of the vote. I was starting to get my initial suspicion of Kuroi around the same time when I was reading.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:56 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 719, SirCakez wrote:
In post 699, PeregrineV wrote: 2. SirCakez- nope
What?

Disagree on Wisdom feeling weird, he looks normal to me, if somewhat inactive (this is a null read)

I wasn't aware I was still voting farside, my bad

VOTE: Catdog
I have nothing on whether you are scum or town. Every game that I remember playing with you, you've been town, but that's some sort of fallacy to assume it's the same this game.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:56 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 719, SirCakez wrote:
In post 699, PeregrineV wrote: 2. SirCakez- nope
What?

Disagree on Wisdom feeling weird, he looks normal to me, if somewhat inactive (this is a null read)

I wasn't aware I was still voting farside, my bad

VOTE: Catdog
I do like the vote, though. What brought it about?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 750, Wisdom wrote:
In post 704, PeregrineV wrote:As for wisdom, do a word count and get back to me.
Remind me to wall when i roll scum against you
As long as it's informative....
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”