DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 446, SirCakez wrote:
In post 444, DrippingGoofball wrote:grapes was killed????

Maybe he was also a compulsive bodyguard?
Read the flip pls
He was VT

Ftr I also approve of the Froot Loop wagon, I just think Marquis needs to be pressured.
I am an idiot!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Oh shit
All of the Alices being scum would make sense actually, given the town flavor
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

fwiw i think seraphim might be bookie
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

though if he has the actual neighbour role, maybe not

still, i am not going to believe his claim until i see it actually used
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In post 448, zMuffinMan wrote:so yeah

overnight i started actually reading the rules of this game

and when i did, i started thinking about something that struck me as odd

and when i started thinking about that, i started developing a paranoid theory

and now i would like to see what other people think of said paranoid theory

to begin with, let us play a game of "spot the difference"

would someone be so kind as to identify the difference in the following four quotes for me:
In post 0, FakeGod wrote:There are three
Alice
s in this game. At least one of them is aligned with
Town
Alice
Town
Alice
Town
Alice
s in this game.
I'm sorry you're going to have to spell it out for me. I thought everyone knew that Alice-ness was not confirmed town-ness, or at the very least scum have definite fakeclaims because it's a theme game dammit, that's SOP, if that's your point.

If I'm bookie, scumteam is fucked lol.

Vote: DGB
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 454, Seraphim wrote:I'm sorry you're going to have to spell it out for me.
this is the first (of four) games that fakegod has not included "at least one of the alices is town"

it's also the first where the setup has been spoilered, which may or may not be to draw less attention to it

the possibilities are:
  1. fakegod decided to stop including it in his ruleset because he thought it gave town too much of an advantage (unlikely), he thought that maybe at some point in the future he might want to include three scum alices in a game and decided to stop doing it just in case (this is possible, but seems like a pretty meh reason to do it), or for some other reason (i can't really think of some other reason he would)
  2. there are three scum alices and fakegod was hoping nobody noticed the difference (possible, depends on whether he thought people would notice or not and what conclusions they'd draw even if they noticed)
who did you neighourise?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

there's also a very simple way to verify this is the case: a mass alice claim

but i dunno whether people want to do this (though it should be rather obvious already that i'm not one)
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:29 am

Post by thenewearth »

I'll do stuff tomorrow I'm sick
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:29 am

Post by thenewearth »

or make that a
V/LA: 2 Days
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:30 am

Post by Froot Loop »

Sorry I wasn't very active at the end of yesterday. I was on holiday and thought I'd be able to post more.

I'm suspicious of Seraph's claim. I don't know why he would include the vig aspect of his role if he's a town player. I would claim neighbourizer and leave it at that. As scum, he'd know that a vig is more helpful to town and definitely wouldn't get lynched. I also agree with what Muffinz was saying about Seraph pretending to play badly but then calling out people who voted for him for that play.

I'd also like some confirmation of the neighbourizing, at least.

@UT - I responded to your in . Do you think I haven't been contributing all game? Or before that post? I also disagree that I wasn't contributing - I've explained why I asked the questions. About your comment about seeming awkward - have you read any of my previous games? I'm asking because people regularly comment about my tone seeming detached but it's not AI.

About Peregrine, I was talking about , and . I read it as PV stating CKD's role and then voting for Cakez for doing that. But I misunderstood. I also didn't connect then that PV replaced Hark, who I thought was town. So I'm town-reading that slot at the moment.

I've got some problems with Vedith's play:
- speculating about Hark between 69 and 73. I don't know why it's necessary to speculate like this so early in the game, especially about potentially scum-indicative play.
- Didn't read before reacting to grapes' vote. I don't understand how that reaction can be legitimate when it's contradicted by the play. This makes me think it's made up and jumping on a chance to criticize another player.
- I got the feeling that Vedith lost the train of his conversation with CKD. Again, this makes me think that he wasn't truly engaged with the conversation with I think is AI.

All of this activity is shade-throwing without foundation which I think is scummy.

Vote: Vedith
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:32 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 456, zMuffinMan wrote:there's also a very simple way to verify this is the case: a mass alice claim

but i dunno whether people want to do this (though it should be rather obvious already that i'm not one)
My title is Alice if that helps? But my name isn't.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:36 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 459, Froot Loop wrote:Sorry I wasn't very active at the end of yesterday. I was on holiday and thought I'd be able to post more.

I'm suspicious of Seraph's claim. I don't know why he would include the vig aspect of his role if he's a town player. I would claim neighbourizer and leave it at that. As scum, he'd know that a vig is more helpful to town and definitely wouldn't get lynched. I also agree with what Muffinz was saying about Seraph pretending to play badly but then calling out people who voted for him for that play.

I'd also like some confirmation of the neighbourizing, at least.

@UT - I responded to your in . Do you think I haven't been contributing all game? Or before that post? I also disagree that I wasn't contributing - I've explained why I asked the questions. About your comment about seeming awkward - have you read any of my previous games? I'm asking because people regularly comment about my tone seeming detached but it's not AI.

About Peregrine, I was talking about , and . I read it as PV stating CKD's role and then voting for Cakez for doing that. But I misunderstood. I also didn't connect then that PV replaced Hark, who I thought was town. So I'm town-reading that slot at the moment.

I've got some problems with Vedith's play:
- speculating about Hark between 69 and 73. I don't know why it's necessary to speculate like this so early in the game, especially about potentially scum-indicative play.
- Didn't read before reacting to grapes' vote. I don't understand how that reaction can be legitimate when it's contradicted by the play. This makes me think it's made up and jumping on a chance to criticize another player.
- I got the feeling that Vedith lost the train of his conversation with CKD. Again, this makes me think that he wasn't truly engaged with the conversation with I think is AI.

All of this activity is shade-throwing without foundation which I think is scummy.

Vote: Vedith
Sit down, lets not have another episode of last time.
I claim scum \o/
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:39 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

your title being Alice makes you an Alice

but that throws a wrench in things since I don't really think Vedith is scum

meh

if seraphim doesn't claim who he neighbourised (or if he's going to claim blocked, who he attempted to neighbourise) in his next post ill probably want to lynch him

or i dunno maybe not depends how i feel tomorrow
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:57 am

Post by Froot Loop »

In post 461, Vedith wrote: Sit down, lets not have another episode of last time.
Can you explain your play a bit? I can't ignore it just because of last game.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 463, Froot Loop wrote:Can you explain your play a bit? I can't ignore it just because of last game.
I can't ever explain my play.
I rely on others to do that for me. :giggle:
I claim scum \o/
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:51 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 384, Seraphim wrote:Except I was on a five minute break at work on my phone so no I did not have time or the ability to write out a claim as you will see once I've written everything out.

My name is XVIth, my title is Alice Forgotten, and I am a Neighborizer/Neighborhood Vigilante; as my role suggests, I have two abilities.
I have a neighborhood that I can recruit people to. Once folks are in that neighborhood, I can shoot them.
Obviously, I wanted to play a little non-optimally during the day to try and avoid scum NKs/roleblocks, get a player or two in my neighborhood and kill anyone I found scummy. I figured if I took some heat on D1, I could up my game later in the game and do some damage. The Vedith push was part of that plan.
Of course, my ability is now completely useless now that I've claimed; if I did recruit a scum player, I would be blocked/killed the next night, if I'm not killed outright tonight.

This town is really fucking stupid though so I'll probably just get lynched today.
Did you put anyone into your neighborhood last night?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Was grapes a vig shot?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 459, Froot Loop wrote:@UT - I responded to your 206 in 217. Do you think I haven't been contributing all game? Or before that post? I also disagree that I wasn't contributing - I've explained why I asked the questions. About your comment about seeming awkward - have you read any of my previous games? I'm asking because people regularly comment about my tone seeming detached but it's not AI.
I'm not trying to be a jerk here by ignoring you. I just think you're scum and arguing with you about whether or not you're scum is a frootless endeavor.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:40 am

Post by Froot Loop »

My annoyance at your play is definitely defused by your pun.

I've just come out of a game where I spent a long time frootlessly arguing with players who thought I was scum. I didn't really enjoy it and it took a lot of energy. I don't want to get in to that again.

The situation now is that you've said that you think I'm scum but you aren't willing to discuss it further. Also, I've said that I don't think your criticism is correct. Do you think you'll look at the other games? Because it seems like that's outside information which could help you make this decision more accurately. If you're not going to, I think you can say why not.
In post 464, Vedith wrote: I can't ever explain my play.
I rely on others to do that for me. :giggle:
Ok. I don't really get why anyone else would be able to explain your play better than you, or why you shouldn't have responsibility for explaining it yourself.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:15 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 375, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 298, Froot Loop wrote:VOTE: PeregrineV

The series of posts about CKD doesn't sit well with me. I think there's conflicting motivations between the original response and the vote.
say what now? what series? post them...easy to say shit without actually quoting. I would like to see the "conflicting motivations"

also...I do find this funny being that I really was the only one defending you...or at least, attacking someone who is attacking you.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:16 am

In post 465, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 466, PeregrineV wrote:Was grapes a vig shot?
best town performance you say?

what made you ask BOTH of these questions.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:23 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 470, curiouskarmadog wrote:
best town performance you say?
I didn't, no.
In post 470, curiouskarmadog wrote:what made you ask BOTH of these questions.
Existing claim which resulted in his not being lynched, combined with his ATE about the claim making him unable to use his ability.

Glancing at his iso, suspected and pushed mostly Bulge, interacted slightly with Vedith.
Why would scum NK him?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:30 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 471, PeregrineV wrote:
Glancing at his iso, suspected and pushed mostly Bulge, interacted slightly with Vedith.
Why would scum NK him?
I wondered the same, I see grapes as neither a vig nor a scum NK. I'm thinking the scum was afraid of a watcher/tracker.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:17 am

In post 470, curiouskarmadog wrote:what made you ask BOTH of these questions.
Existing claim which resulted in his not being lynched, combined with his ATE about the claim making him unable to use his ability.

lol, well fuck, I thought Froot said she was in the neighborhood...I went to post what I thought was her "confirmation" with a snarky quip about "acting like you were scum hunting", only to realize she was ASKING for confirmation..... :oops:

so nevermind.

and in regards to the last bit....I guess I just dont understand why you would ask. you know there could be hundreds of reasons why grapes was killed...why assume a vig?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:27 am

In post 472, DrippingGoofball wrote:
Why would scum NK him?
I wondered the same, I see grapes as neither a vig nor a scum NK. I'm thinking the scum was afraid of a watcher/tracker.
you wondered this really DGB?

one thing that has stuck out about you to me over the years...MANY years ago... was something you said to me once when we were scum together. we were arguing over who to kill and you told me something that I have kind of followed ever since (it is kind of philosophy I use as scum, most the time) ....paraphrasing..."kill your biggest threat, in this example, it was someone voting you before the lynch"...when I said "wont it look obvious?" you told me something like "the town might not think that way and if someone DID bring that up, it would just be WIFOMed away anyway".

sooo, you really are wondering why scum would NK him? you didnt look to see who he was voting yesterday and why?

do you really think he was a vig kill?

seems like a pretty big assumption to a.) think he was vig kill and b.) a scum kill went X(?).

also

UNVOTE:
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”