Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2320, frog wrote:I do not understand the heat on Seraphim at all. His frustration surrounding the events of early Day 2 is relatable and his claim looks town (does not want to hold up the game, reminding the rest of us what tomorrow looks like with a mislynch, and the like). As far as I can tell, nobody has bothered to produce anything resembling a case, leading me to believe that either those voting him think the points are obvious (they are not) or that they are happy to simply get on Leonshade's shoulders without actually admitting it. Reading through his ISO the only thing that pinged me was the vote on Leonshade, but that was pretty clearly a deadline thing. His thought processes are very apparent in his posts and show organic progression.
Did you miss the part where he had me as one of his strongest townreads and then changed to wanting to lynch me without giving reasoning, then started pushing on leon?
In post 2321, frog wrote:This is a good thought, but the rest of us should also be thinking about the converse: how likely would it be that Dunnstral would be a scum PT checker? PT checker sounds like the kind of role that scum might have, as detecting town or third party with private topics would naturally benefit them. At the moment, we cannot write either Dunnstral or Zach off as town.
I don't think dunnstral would've claimed there as scum PT checker
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:50 am

Post by grapes »

Seraphim is an incredibly odd person to have a townread on at this point.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2321, frog wrote:This is a good thought, but the rest of us should also be thinking about the converse: how likely would it be that Dunnstral would be a scum PT checker? PT checker sounds like the kind of role that scum might have, as detecting town or third party with private topics would naturally benefit them. At the moment, we cannot write either Dunnstral or Zach off as town.
First of all: What third party has a pt...?

Basically can you name one or are you making stuff up
In post 2320, frog wrote:Grapes is a strong townread. Asks good questions, constantly, and actually goes somewhere with most of them. His thought processes are clear and analysis frequently goes beyond surface level to an extent that I would not expect from scum. Particularly informing my read on him was his resoluteness during Day 1, ignoring the two larger wagons (which we now know to both have been on town) and instead making his own, original, pushes. He did end the day on Leonshade but nothing in his ISO suggests this was anything more than a compromise. I am very happy with this read.
Says that grapes vote on leonshade was a compromise

So I wanted to revisit Dunnstral after he quickhammered Leonshade without a claim. Although he was ultimately correct that Leonshade did not have a power role, this does not excuse the action in itself. This is all the more jarring considering that Dunnstral argued for wagons to form on a viable lynch towards the end of Day 1, but continued to vote copper until the last minuet. Earlier in the game I thought his vote-hopping was designed to extract information from players, but upon reassessing this could have just been an attempt to throw suspicion around and see what sticks. Reading back, few of the votes have questions attached, making them rather impotent in helping others develop their reads. There is also an odd mismatch between Day 1 and Day 2, where he was all over the place pushing everywhere and where he has basically tunnelled on Zachstralkita, respectively. Placing Seraphim at L-1 was dangerous, and the exchange with Zach where he called him scummy over the exact same thing does not improve my read on him.

But mine is SCUMMY WEW

Yeah real jarring that I voted my scumread yesterday, really weird that I tunneled onto Zach today considering I had a pt result on him, and the other part about seraphim

Like I've been pushing zach, said I was fine with voting suzune, and then had just voted lucian which is everyone he's not townreading right now, too
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Dunnstral »

That was a quote that isn't in bounds
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2325, inspectorscout wrote:Why is seraphim still alive?
Because I explained why
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:32 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Let's lynch suzune
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

^^ that's my "something resembling a case"

Almost no one is townreading her
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:33 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 2328, Dunnstral wrote:First of all: What third party has a pt...?

Cult
Multiball

But its no secret i never liked frog
BUT I WANT SERAPHIM MORE TNX
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:46 am

Post by grapes »

In post 2330, Dunnstral wrote:Because I explained why
Could you please direct me to this explanation?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2334, grapes wrote:

The part where he's not mafia with Zach

Zach is very possible mafia and we're waiting to see a neighborize result
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:50 am

Post by grapes »

Zach's town.

And I'm sorta with infinity here like - of the people who pushed on him and created that sorta false dicotomy between him and copper I'd say seraphim looks a lot worse than frog.

Frogs about the only person who pushed inf with stuff that I resonated with at all and half the game ate it up I think you're looking at shit a bit backwards here.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2333, inspectorscout wrote:

Cult
Multiball

But its no secret i never liked frog
BUT I WANT SERAPHIM MORE TNX
Btw don't answer for him :facepalm:
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:55 am

Post by frog »

In post 2326, Infinity 324 wrote:Did you miss the part where he had me as one of his strongest townreads and then changed to wanting to lynch me without giving reasoning, then started pushing on leon?
Isn't this addressed in post #1557?

I was going for cults, which if I remember correctly Chrimi hinted could be in the game back when it entered signups. Even without inspectoscout spoiling the surprise, this was obviously the answer.
In post 2328, Dunnstral wrote:Yeah real jarring that I voted my scumread yesterday, really weird that I tunneled onto Zach today considering I had a pt result on him, and the other part about seraphim
Note that I did state I had written my pieces on you and Zach yesterday, before either of your claims, but thought best to not change them and address this later. Your focus on Zach and your vote on Seraphim make a lot more sense in light of that. Still, it is jarring that you ended up hammering Leonshade without a claim after suggesting wagon formation whilst still voting copper, yes. That was not a good hammer nor a pro-town play, even if Leonshade did end up 'only' flipping VT. The difference between you and grapes, apart from the hammer, is that he clearly expressed his preferences yesterday, whereas you barely mentioned Leonshade at all (and when you did, you cast shade on the wagon). That is how I know his vote was compromise and why I think yours was potentially scummy.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2334, grapes wrote:

The part where he's not mafia with Zach

Zach is very possible mafia and we're waiting to see a neighborize result
LMFAO i'm about as very possible mafia as you

You're actually meant to try thinking once in a while(?)
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

frog wrote:
In post 2326, Infinity 324 wrote:Did you miss the part where he had me as one of his strongest townreads and then changed to wanting to lynch me without giving reasoning, then started pushing on leon?
Isn't this addressed in post #1557?

I was going for cults, which if I remember correctly Chrimi hinted could be in the game back when it entered signups. Even without inspectoscout spoiling the surprise, this was obviously the answer.
In post 2328, Dunnstral wrote:Yeah real jarring that I voted my scumread yesterday, really weird that I tunneled onto Zach today considering I had a pt result on him, and the other part about seraphim
Note that I did state I had written my pieces on you and Zach yesterday, before either of your claims, but thought best to not change them and address this later. Your focus on Zach and your vote on Seraphim make a lot more sense in light of that. Still, it is jarring that you ended up hammering Leonshade without a claim after suggesting wagon formation whilst still voting copper, yes. That was not a good hammer nor a pro-town play, even if Leonshade did end up 'only' flipping VT. The difference between you and grapes, apart from the hammer, is that he clearly expressed his preferences yesterday, whereas you barely mentioned Leonshade at all (and when you did, you cast shade on the wagon). That is how I know his vote was compromise and why I think yours was potentially scummy.

Did you just....... tell him he wasn't making a pro town play?

this is not going to end well
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 2256, Dunnstral wrote:Listen bud I currently townread jaereed and I'm not sure I'd want to vote lucian either
So who are you currently willing to vote. Are you big on Zach right now? Or are you now leaning a different direction?
In post 2258, Infinity 324 wrote:JaeReed has zero (0) scumreads

and they're town
Late game this is something that will greatly concern me, I will begin to realize that because no one is scum reading them, that is seems rather odd for them to still be alive. But at this point in the game, I think this is a safe assumption to make.

Well Zach's role is unusual, I am surprised that they could not choose someone pregame if they could not be a neighborizor until day 2. However, I am not inclined to see it as false. Since apparently it was not an unpopular thought that there were no power roles before hand. As scum I feel like you would just claim the vanilla townie claim, but on the other hand there is little value in the long run for claiming a power role, unless they think the scum have reason to use it so the chance of dying is smaller. I think Zach is town based on behviour this day phase though, so I will stand by it.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2341, Suzune wrote:So who are you currently willing to vote. Are you big on Zach right now? Or are you now leaning a different direction?
Have you been reading my posts? Because I thought I made it VERY clear who I was and wasn't willing to vote today
Suzune wrote:Well Zach's role is unusual, I am surprised that they could not choose someone pregame if they could not be a neighborizor until day 2. However, I am not inclined to see it as false. Since apparently it was not an unpopular thought that there were no power roles before hand.
This doesn't make sense
Suzune wrote:As scum I feel like you would just claim the vanilla townie claim, but on the other hand there is little value in the long run for claiming a power role, unless they think the scum have reason to use it so the chance of dying is smaller. I think Zach is town based on behviour this day phase though, so I will stand by it.
Except I had a result that he had a pt so he either claims neighborizer or claims I'm lying
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 2342, Dunnstral wrote:This doesn't make sense
Well I can weight the pros and cons of outing a role like that. There are some strengths and weaknesses to doing it. However, I think the strengths and potentials outweight the cons. Are you still not following, I could go into it in more detail. But I risk spoiling other people's plans when I overshare about things like this. Did he not claim that his ability was of the neighborizor family? I swear that is how I read it to be.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2290, Dunnstral wrote:This is true. I have been focused on you all of day 2 specifically in fact

A large part is because I wanted to see how
other
people had reacted to you

It's been like 5 days since day start so I feel comfortable "showing my hand" now, if you will

I'm a pt checker

I checked Zach night 1

He has access to a pt (not town behavior, as you'll note)

VOTE: Zachstralkita

NOW we can lynch him for REAL

I was watching his reaction when I brought Seraphim to l-1 (and the thread, I was ready to out my results if seraphim got quicklynched) I think there's a decent chance Sera is town

Likewise, jae is probably town as well
In post 2291, Zachstralkita wrote:Lol I'm a Aerolith Human Resources Engineer I am to ( paraphrase) " Identify the elite of employees whose behavior are most conducive to the productive work environment in accordance with the rigid authoritative structure of Halcyon Tower and recruit them as opposed to the nondesirables "

so that's Neighborizer. The catch with my role is though I can only use it on nights 2 and 4

If you had claimed your result earlier we could have saved so much bullshit and addressed it but at least now I know you had a guilty and were in fact making a push based off of complete bullshit so you didnt have to out it.. which you did anyway. n1

What is your role name in flavor
He claimed after I claimed a result on him
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Was I to let my flip answer instead of doing it myself? Of course I fucking claimed.

We could have covered this in two pages if you claimed what you believed to be a guilty at daystart. Nope. Now we're here.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Oh, that's not what you're getting at.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 2344, Dunnstral wrote:He claimed after I claimed a result on him
I would like to say that I noticed it the first time. But I skimmed the fighting between you and Zach towards the end because I had decided already at that point that Zach was town. So the power role being outed was odd, but given the circumstances is not the weirdest thing in this game to date. While there are no obvious clues to it looking through yesterday, I have my doubts about using that role as a cop. While I found Zach frustrating day one, he has been much better today.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2347, Suzune wrote:While there are no obvious clues to it looking through yesterday, I have my doubts about using that role as a cop.
What does this mean

Clues to what
In post 2345, Zachstralkita wrote:Was I to let my flip answer instead of doing it myself?
Yes, please die

In post 2346, Zachstralkita wrote:Oh, that's not what you're getting at.
I know you like being antagonistic but yeah
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »