Newbie 1741 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 173, nn30 wrote:
In post 162, Titus wrote:
Nn30 does appear to be scared of rope, but this counter seems a little opportunistic.

@Titus what counter are you referring to?
Your wagon countering algebra.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by Dunhallym »

In post 167, aronagrundy wrote:@dunn: I agree that algebra wasn't (and hardly is now) actively scumhunting and often feels like he's more just providing commentary on what's happening, but at the same time hasn't changed his behavior despite the pressure of L-1. I feel like Titus and nb30 are better lynches st this point, so I don't want to lynch him right now.
As far as I remember Titus didn't change her behavior after getting at l-1 either. So if you consider it a "town tell" it should go both ways.
In post 168, Titus wrote:Yeah it's probably Grundy and algebra here. Nn30 just fears being lynched as town. Grundy and algebra are inconsistent and scumread each other but vote elsewhere.

@Dun, the very parts you don't like are what suggest Zito is town unless it's overly semantic. To find town, you need to find the process. So Zito wanting to understand mine is not a problem at all. If he plays dumb, then it's a problem.

I think you're the first person in a long while who has said I play a closed cards game. I tend to be quite open and overly blunt.
Already been noted but I don't remember algebra scumreading arona.
In your original post you said "His push seems to come from understanding what I am thinking and pursuing it." now you say he
wanted
to understand you. I get the second phrasing, I didn't get the first one precisely because if he had understood you he wouldn't have pushed the way he did, unless there was some hidden thought process that you both share but I don't get. As to the discussion itself, the reason I don't like it is that to me it looks like nitpicking. If it had been in the middle of other things you were both doing it wouldn't have bothered me but as it is nearly all of your and Zito content are in this back and forth. I'm not pushing the issue at the moment as this is a slow game (I'm more used to a 32h/8h rythm, and the reason I try it here is that I cannot play games this fast anymore) but I can't shake the feeling. That's why I actually liked ecane for suggesting the pa could be SvS because I kinda felt the same way.

In post 172, algebra wrote:When nn30 flips red we should definitely consider Titus
In post 174, nn30 wrote:
In post 172, algebra wrote:When nn30 flips red we should definitely consider Titus
@Algebra

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

We've only just gotten out of the stage of the game where Titus is tunneling on me. Now that she's moved her scum radar to someone other than me, she's suddenly suspicious? How does that even make sense?

Your contribution to this game has consisted of votes (without accompanying logic) or votes (with an accompanying one liner). You've contributed basically nothing of substance as to
why
you feel the way you feel. If you're actually town (unlikely) this is frustrating to play with.
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:06 pm

Post by Dunhallym »

I accidentally posted it before finishing so I'm starting again where it went wrong:
In post 176, Dunhallym wrote: In your original post you said "His push seems to come from understanding what I am thinking and pursuing it." now you say he
wanted
to understand you. I get the second phrasing, I didn't get the first one precisely because if he had understood you he wouldn't have pushed the way he did, unless there was some hidden thought process that you both share but I don't get. As to the discussion itself, the reason I don't like it is that to me it looks like nitpicking. If it had been in the middle of other things you were both doing it wouldn't have bothered me but as it is nearly all of your and Zito content are in this back and forth. I'm not pushing the issue at the moment as this is a slow game (I'm more used to a 32h/8h rythm, and the reason I try it here is that I cannot play games this fast anymore) but I can't shake the feeling. That's why I actually liked ecane for suggesting the paranoid thought that this could be SvS because I kinda felt the same way.
Other than the exchange, you both make occasional comments here and there and I mostly agree with you both. Zito said he didn't want to share his other reads yet. fine, I can wait. Your other reads thus far (that is until you started pursuing the arona/algebra partnership) were just "ecane is town" and "Zito is town" (or prob town) without much justification.

If you are innocent, which I seriously doubt at this point, could you please at least bother answering questions?

In post 174, nn30 wrote:
@Algebra

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

We've only just gotten out of the stage of the game where Titus is tunneling on me. Now that she's moved her scum radar to someone other than me, she's suddenly suspicious? How does that even make sense?

Your contribution to this game has consisted of votes (without accompanying logic) or votes (with an accompanying one liner). You've contributed basically nothing of substance as to
why
you feel the way you feel. If you're actually town (unlikely) this is frustrating to play with.
algebra always claimed he suspected Titus, which you should know since you claimed to be voting him for pushing the lynch on Titus, so he isn't "suddenly suspicious" of her. What are your thoughts now about Titus?
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Post by Dunhallym »

And now I screwed up with the quote tags. So I'll just repeat what I told algebra:
If you are innocent, which I seriously doubt at this point, could you please at least bother answering questions?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:08 am

Post by Xalxe »

Empoof
replaces ecane.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:12 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.4

Fear is an absence of understanding. Horror is the act of understanding perfectly.

algebra (3)
: Titus, Dunhallym, nn30
nn30 (3)
: shaddowez, algebra, aronagrundy
Titus (1)
: Empoof

Not Voting
: Papa Zito, MorningTweet

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-02 15:42:07)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:31 am

Post by aronagrundy »

@dunn: well, I think a better way to put it is that algebra has been consistently uncooperative, which is a big reason why he's being suspected right now. It just makes me wonder if this is just his playstyle. I think he's anti-town regardless. Contrast this with Titus who I suspect mostly because of repeated gaps in her logic despite being consistent in her style.

@nn30: please explain why algebra's post 172 doesn't make sense.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:13 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 164, Morning Tweet wrote:@Papa Zito How do you feel about nn30 now? Similarly to how I feel, or is he one of your reads you don't wish to share? ()
I wouldn't mind seeing him swing at this point. However there's a slot that's yet to chime in with much so I'm in a bit of a holding pattern waiting for that to happen. We've got plenty of time and while I certainly don't advocate using all of it just for the sake of using all of it (that's a fantastic way to kill games) I also don't wanna hit night with a giant unknown in ecane.

Also I feel like at this point I need to do some isodives because this game is surprisingly dense.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Titus »

In post 181, aronagrundy wrote:@dunn: well, I think a better way to put it is that algebra has been consistently uncooperative, which is a big reason why he's being suspected right now. It just makes me wonder if this is just his playstyle. I think he's anti-town regardless. Contrast this with Titus who I suspect mostly because of repeated gaps in her logic despite being consistent in her style.

@nn30: please explain why algebra's post 172 doesn't make sense.
And this is why Grundy is scum.

The algebra slot is anti-town but Grundy is now townreading it for "reasons"
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:07 am

Post by Titus »

In post 182, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 164, Morning Tweet wrote:@Papa Zito How do you feel about nn30 now? Similarly to how I feel, or is he one of your reads you don't wish to share? ()
I wouldn't mind seeing him swing at this point. However there's a slot that's yet to chime in with much so I'm in a bit of a holding pattern waiting for that to happen. We've got plenty of time and while I certainly don't advocate using all of it just for the sake of using all of it (that's a fantastic way to kill games) I also don't wanna hit night with a giant unknown in ecane.

Also I feel like at this point I need to do some isodives because this game is surprisingly dense.
How do you feel about Dunn thinking you are nitpicky?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:58 am

Post by aronagrundy »

@titus: I do believe algebra is anti town (whether scum or unhelpful town) but I'm not going to dismiss every single post they make. I think 172 does make sense in the context of your case and I think it's bizarre that nn30 reacted so strongly to it.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:29 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 168, Titus wrote:Yeah it's probably Grundy and algebra here. Nn30 just fears being lynched as town. Grundy and algebra are inconsistent and scumread each other but vote elsewhere.

@Dun, the very parts you don't like are what suggest Zito is town unless it's overly semantic. To find town, you need to find the process. So Zito wanting to understand mine is not a problem at all. If he plays dumb, then it's a problem.

I think you're the first person in a long while who has said I play a closed cards game. I tend to be quite open and overly blunt.
Titus
, what made you flip from thinking nn was scum to just scared town?

@nn30
- Regarding . You say that you answer your own question in since nobody answered you - the question was directed at Titus and myself. I didn't post at all in between those two posts, and you were interacting with Titus. Why not push her about something you asked that she missed?
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:33 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 164, Morning Tweet wrote:One of the only people to read me the whole game so far
You had a total of 5 posts prior to this one, including your RVS post. Considering the activity of others in the thread, do you feel that interaction, or lack thereof, with you is AI?
V/LA on Weekends
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:11 am

Post by Titus »

@shaddowez, I never had a strong scumread on nn. I figured his flail under pressure would sort him. The behavior here suggests he is town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:57 am

Post by algebra »

Wouldn't non flail as both alignments?
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Empoof »

Hi fam.
Unvote

Gonna catch up on everything during my commute to work and make some reads. From my skim I'd support the algebra wagon so I'll be looking at that more thoroughly as well as checking my reads of the people on that wagon. I don't wanna send someone to L-1 off a quick skim though.
FoS: Algebra

I expect myself to be finished reading everything and make a mild post during my break in about 5-6 hours.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 189, algebra wrote:Wouldn't non flail as both alignments?
There are two types of flail. Town flail and scum flail.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by algebra »

In post 191, Titus wrote:
How do you distinguish the two?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 192, algebra wrote:
In post 191, Titus wrote:
How do you distinguish the two?
Secret of mafia. :good:

Not going to say just yet.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Empoof »

Alright the last 2 pages of a lot of walls of text (at least on my phone) and our server called in sick so my break is shorter than I want

Reading Papa and Titus as the big townies so far. Papa's 4 page sink hounding Titus was excessive but I actually think it was genuine
Morning Tweet made OneBigPost.jpg and has been silent. Feels like scum hiding in the back after looking townie. I need more on this though.
at first nn looked like confused noob town but then saying algebra was hoping on a wagon without lots of reasoning... while hoping on the algebra wagon without a lot of reasoning... lol
Looking over algebra's small posts I'm actually not as sold as I was before. My main scumread was similar to what I read from others - that he sent Titus to L-1 and then specified later. But I realized the later was literally 6 mins. Otherwise he's reacted to things seemingly genuinely and at least is feigning an attempt at solving the game. Willing to bet he's stubborn town actually. So throw me on his scum team ty
Shadow has been surprisingly absent for being the IC this game - 14 posts in 13 days. Would love more, null atm
Dunhallym wrote novels I haven't read so idk
I wanna iso arona because every post felt like a rollercoaster ride for me for some reason so I'll hold a null for now

AND THATS THE GAME W0W

nn is my top scum now, will flesh out when I get off work if I feel like it and I'll start being an Active Towns Member now
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

In post 194, Empoof wrote: attempt at solving the game. Willing to bet he's stubborn town actually.
So throw me on his scum team ty
Who is the bolded part directed toward?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by nn30 »

@arona - Algebra's post in 172 doesn't make sense because Titus has been on me the entire game. Just because she looks elsewhere when Algebra is also at 3 votes shouldn't necessarily be suspicious.

@shadowezz - Honestly, I didn't press Titus because I didn't think to do so. Still new at this - not entirely sure how to scumhunt online. I relied a lot on body language cues in person (which is obviously impossible online).
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:31 pm

Post by Empoof »

In post 195, aronagrundy wrote:
In post 194, Empoof wrote: attempt at solving the game. Willing to bet he's stubborn town actually.
So throw me on his scum team ty
Who is the bolded part directed toward?
Everyone that is trying to solve the game :RollerCoasterEmoji:
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Post by Empoof »

In post 194, Empoof wrote: Shadow has been surprisingly absent for being the IC this game - 14 posts in 13 days. Would love more, null atm
TMW the game has only been going on for less than a week FeelsBadMan. Reading over shadow's posts there's more there than I thought, seems pretty good at facilitating. Leaning town. Shadow, I'm curious your thoughts on
the loudest man in the room
Papa, since I haven't seen you mention him. How do you feel about the Titus/Papa 5 page headbashing fest? Who came out as town to you?

Also, what do you make of these wagons forming right now? If the thread stopped here, do you think we have Scum v scum or scum v village (you have your vote on nn right now so I'm assuming you're still thinking they're scum). What do you make of algebra's suggestion that nn scum could mean titus scum?
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Post by Dunhallym »

Quick question: what do t'y and ai mean?
I guess the I in the second one is innocent ?

@algebra
Are you deliberately ignoring me? Why don't you answer any of my questions?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”