Newbie 1741 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:34 pm

Post by Dunhallym »

ty not t'y. Stupid phone corrected.
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by Empoof »

In post 168, Titus wrote:Yeah it's probably Grundy and algebra here. Nn30 just fears being lynched as town. Grundy and algebra are inconsistent and scumread each other but vote elsewhere.
I like this headspace but I'm not there yet. I watched nn flounder and didn't read it as townie, and the aggressive tone nn had at the accusation of nn/titus felt extremely misguided. Algebra also had verbatim the same reaction I had when nn posted "the answer to the question I was asking". But Arona is sticking out like a sore thumb to me and this scum team is really logical.

Lynch aronagrundy

I'm pissed that my 2 harder scum reads (in nn and arona) aren't likely to be on the same team.

I'm seeing if arona then algebra, but not holistically the other way around with the lack of substance from algebra.
@Titus do you think lynching algebra would be preferable to arona with your current reads? Why? What makes algebra look "worse" to you? How would you convince me to get on the algebra wagon everyone's talking about.

@Morning Tweet your OneBigPost.jpeg is logical and very "if this, then that". Let's say it's D2 and we mislynched. I want your break down of who are possible scum teams if algebra/nn isn't true.

@Dunhallym ty => thank you :)
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:43 am

Post by algebra »

If I miss one of your questions just quote it again and bold my name
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:10 am

Post by Dunhallym »

In post 202, algebra wrote:If I miss one of your questions just quote it again and bold my name

Is not one question is all of them. But I Drumaroad it in http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p8352183
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:11 am

Post by Dunhallym »

Summarised not Drumaroad. That's why i generally avoid posting from the phone.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:45 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.5

Biologically speaking, we are all people made up of smaller people.

algebra (3)
: Titus, Dunhallym, nn30
nn30 (3)
: shaddowez, algebra, aronagrundy
aronagrundy (1)
: Empoof

Not Voting
: Papa Zito, MorningTweet

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-02 15:42:07)

In post 201, Empoof wrote:
Lynch aronagrundy
I'm counting this as a vote; in the future, please use the format
Vote: Xalxe
and
Unvote: Xalxe
Last edited by Xalxe on Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Dunhallym »

Empoof voted arona not algebra.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Xalxe »

Reading is hard, fixing.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:59 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 175, Titus wrote:
In post 173, nn30 wrote:
In post 162, Titus wrote:
Nn30 does appear to be scared of rope, but this counter seems a little opportunistic.

@Titus what counter are you referring to?
Your wagon countering algebra.
I was on the Algebra wagon before one was started on me. The wagon on me started because I put Algebra at L-1.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:41 am

Post by aronagrundy »

I've been thinking about titus's case against me and algebra, and I'm actually reconsidering my scumread on her. The case just seems like a high risk/low reward sort of deal if titus is scum, for the following reasoning:
-One of us flips town (they lynch me or algebra ends up being town), in which case she will be immediately put under suspicion.
-algebra flips scum, in which case I stand a greater chance of being lynched but she sacrificed her scumbuddy to do so.

Of course, I think her case against me is very wrong, but I'm leaning more toward titus being town at the moment. I think she's tunneling algebra and myself and definitely going down the wrong path on my end, but still town.

@empoof:

I should explain the question I asked you in my previous post:
In post 197, Empoof wrote:
In post 195, aronagrundy wrote:
In post 194, Empoof wrote: attempt at solving the game. Willing to bet he's stubborn town actually.
So throw me on his scum team ty
Who is the bolded part directed toward?
Everyone that is trying to solve the game :RollerCoasterEmoji:
The only person really throwing anyone on algebra's supposed scumteam is titus. It struck me as odd that you would make light of her logic even though she appears to be your strongest townread and you're currently supported her case against me.
In post 201, Empoof wrote:
In post 168, Titus wrote:Yeah it's probably Grundy and algebra here. Nn30 just fears being lynched as town. Grundy and algebra are inconsistent and scumread each other but vote elsewhere.
I like this headspace but I'm not there yet. I watched nn flounder and didn't read it as townie, and the aggressive tone nn had at the accusation of nn/titus felt extremely misguided. Algebra also had verbatim the same reaction I had when nn posted "the answer to the question I was asking". But Arona is sticking out like a sore thumb to me and this scum team is really logical.

Lynch aronagrundy

I'm pissed that my 2 harder scum reads (in nn and arona) aren't likely to be on the same team.

I'm seeing if arona then algebra, but not holistically the other way around with the lack of substance from algebra.
@Titus do you think lynching algebra would be preferable to arona with your current reads? Why? What makes algebra look "worse" to you? How would you convince me to get on the algebra wagon everyone's talking about.
I see a lot of problems with this post. First, a big part of titus's scumread is specifically my supposed relationship with algebra. To be even more specific, how I have mentioned my suspicions of algebra twice and both times voted elsewhere. If you believe algebra is town, I don't see how you could have reached the same conclusion as titus. So why did I stand out as scummy?

Also, why are you treating titus's word as gospel? As dun and I have pointed out, some of her statements about algebra's relationship with me (i.e. that he is scumreading me in the first place) are incorrect. You're basically asking titus for a reason to sheep her.

Right now I'm suspicious of you. I can't shake of the feeling that you're trying to push titus's case to get me and then her lynched (after I flip town) so that town mislynches twice in a row.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:50 am

Post by aronagrundy »

In post 209, aronagrundy wrote:I've been thinking about titus's case against me and algebra, and I'm actually reconsidering my scumread on her. The case just seems like a high risk/low reward sort of deal if titus is scum, for the following reasoning:
-One of us flips town (they lynch me or algebra ends up being town), in which case she will be immediately put under suspicion.
-algebra flips scum, in which case I stand a greater chance of being lynched but she sacrificed her scumbuddy to do so.

Of course, I think her case against me is very wrong, but I'm leaning more toward titus being town at the moment. I think she's tunneling algebra and myself and definitely going down the wrong path on my end, but still town.
As I was making the last post, a question came up.

@algebra:
I had the same reaction as you did your post 172, that if titus's case is incorrect, she should be put under suspicion. What are your thoughts on what I'm saying here, that titus's case doesn't really benefit her long-term if she's scum and do they change your feelings in post 172?

I still have a scumread on nn30 because I agree with the start of the current wagon on him, and his reaction to post 172 still doesn't make sense because at the time titus had clearly articulated that she believed that the scumteam was algebra and myself.

That being said, I want to pursue empoof right now for the reasons I mentioned already so
VOTE: Empoof
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:55 am

Post by aronagrundy »

I should now clarify re: nn30 since I don't want to be misinterpreted here now that I no longer share algebra's feelings about titus.

if nn30 had responded to algebra saying that titus was suspicious for the reasons that I have for thinking titus is town atm, that would be one thing. But to frame his answer in the way he is saying, that titus is against him, is just a misrepresentation of what's going on in the game, and seems like a desperate way to get the heat off of him.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:24 am

Post by aronagrundy »

Ok one more post and then I'm done. Empoof when I'm talking about your townread on algebra I'm referring to the one you held before agreeing with titus. I'm aware you think he's my scumbuddy
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 170, Titus wrote:Morning tweet, where is my shiny question?
I'd have to ask why you're vouching for nn,
In post 193, Titus wrote:
In post 192, algebra wrote: How do you distinguish the two?
Secret of mafia. :good:

Not going to say just yet.
but algebra's got me covered on that one.

How about elaboration on :
Spoiler:
In post 181, aronagrundy wrote:@dunn: well, I think a better way to put it is that algebra has been consistently uncooperative, which is a big reason why he's being suspected right now. It just
makes me wonder
if this is just his playstyle. I think he's anti-town
regardless
. Contrast this with Titus who I suspect mostly because of repeated gaps in her logic despite being consistent in her style.
In post 183, Titus wrote: And this is why Grundy is scum.

The algebra slot is anti-town but Grundy is now
townreading
it for "reasons"
You interpreted arona's post as backing off from a distancing scumread to a defense of his scumbuddy algebra when he became at risk to be lynched. That is fair enough.

However, Arona gives reasons for why anti-town might not equal scum, you spun it as "townreading for vague reasons", like you're exaggerating your case to make Arona look worse.

Am I missing something here? This confirms Arona as scum in your eyes, yet seems like it could go either way to me.
In post 187, shaddowez wrote:
In post 164, Morning Tweet wrote:One of the only people to read me the whole game so far
You had a total of 5 posts prior to this one, including your RVS post. Considering the activity of others in the thread, do you feel that interaction, or lack thereof, with you is AI?
I think town or scum could both focus on the more active players. Scum mislynching me would be fairly difficult (with the small post count) at that time, so I can't see her suspicion on me furthering a scum agenda, unless her scumpartner was under fire and every active player to choose from were acting too townie and none of them suspected eachother.
In post 201, Empoof wrote:@Morning Tweet your OneBigPost.jpeg is logical and very "if this, then that". Let's say it's D2 and we mislynched. I want your break down of who are possible scum teams if algebra/nn isn't true.
Logic was my preferred approach to real-life mafia, not yet sure if it'll translate well to online mafia.

I think there is 1 or 2 scum in algebra and nn30.

algebra
-
Titus
Dun,
nn30

nn30
-
shadowez
algebra
arona

Not voting -
Papa Zito
Empoof
Morning

If only one is scum, the two most likely possibilities are that
1) Their scumpartner is on the opposite wagon already
2) Their scumpartner hasn't voted yet, and will either put the townie at L-1 or hammer the townie

Meaning my scumteam picks with these reads would be:
nn30/algebra
nn30/Titus
algebra/shadowez
nn30/Empoof (I like this one over algebra/Empoof)
algebra/Empoof

Now for your request; if we mislynch today (and either nn or algebra was the lynchee), then my pool narrows to:

- nn30/Empoof if Empoof voted for algebra
- nn30/Titus (Titus puts on a show with nn during RVS, started defending him for unknown reason when heat became too great, currently advocating an arona/algebra scumteam)

OR

- algebra/Empoof if Empoof voted for nn30
- algebra/shadowez (started nn30 wagon to counter algebra's)

It'd be immensely helpful to learn more about the Empoof/ecane slot, and this vote is just kinda sitting otherwise.
VOTE: Empoof
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Empoof »

Nice, head to bed and wake up to votes. I like this game (100% serious)
In post 212, aronagrundy wrote:Ok one more post and then I'm done. Empoof when I'm talking about your townread on algebra I'm referring to the one you held before agreeing with titus. I'm aware you think he's my scumbuddy
To clarify, I still think algebra is likely stubborn town but I see the potential in the scum team Titus presented. The thinking she had I agreed with considering her points of view, but I don't fully share them yet. I town read Titus so I want to dig deeper with that logic.

My vote on you is more how out of place some of your posts feel. I held the roller coaster feeling as null and reading further it felt like scum. Gonna grab some food, address that further and look at the recent posts. brb.

Also, straight up if anything I say doesn't make sense to someone please ask me to clarify. I have a tendency to ride my ADD wave and sometimes don't voice my train of thought correctly. I take no offense from people asking!
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Empoof »

Alright let me go over arona and this "rollercoaster" feeling. This is a sudo-iso up to my vote and I encourage people to look through the posts themselves instead of relying on my poor summary.

Posts 5 through 64 feel like standard early game. Null
post 65 calling out the IC on (in arona's perspective) flawed logic. Town
Titus calls arona algebra's scum buddy since they are currently talking about algebra but arona just walks right over it. Post 68 is scum.
post 129/130 unvotes shadow and doesn't revote after previously "agreeing with algebra votes", this is odd behaviour. scum.
post 154 says doesn't vote because wanted to read more closely. Super legit, seems town.
post 155 sus of titus still there from previous vote before shadow (this is kush), and agreeing with someone you had a scum read on (?) that nn looks shady so you vote him. This vote feels pretty scummy.
post 156 asking your scum read to clarify suspicions they have. this is townie
^ the posts so far when I read them go back and forth from looking townie to looking scummy. Why i initially placed null and why i describe your posts like a rollercoaster going up and down.

the rest of the posts up into 195 just felt really bizarre. You were sitting on a vote on nn with someone you had labelled as scum in algebra, that was pressured by your other scum in Titus. Noting this is before nn freaked out about Titus association. You move algebra into anti-town while thinking he has sound logic. I had also labelled 195 as you feeling still feeling defensive about scumteam associations (which I was misread, you elaborate more in 209).

This is why I pulled the trigger on you.

Morning Tweets post reaks of townie. Please continue to use logic in this game, it will benefit town.

responding to arona's followups: "It struck me as odd that you would make light of her logic even though she appears to be your strongest townread" I asked Titus for more reasoning because I hold a town read on them... Collaborating with other townies is a good way to win the game. I'm not treating her word as gospel at all, I actually said that I'm not quite there yet. I want more. Though I like your double mislynch theory, that's good deduction.

Your response doesn't feel like OMGUS, but you sound alarmed. Which is fair, I didn't give lots of reasoning behind my vote.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:29 am

Post by shaddowez »

Somebody asked me about my thoughts on Zito, but I can't find the post right now (on phone). Currently I'm town reading him. He's definitely pushing, and drawing attention to himself in a way that scum generally don't like. I'm not sure what to think of Titus right now, but know she can be stubborn as either alignment, so their back and forth being multiple pages doesn't surprise me.
In post 208, nn30 wrote:The wagon on me started because I put Algebra at L-1.
That's not why the wagon on you started. If you think it is, shouldn't you be considering me as scum?

@Morning Tweet -
In , why aren't you considering bussing in any of your teams?
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 199, Dunhallym wrote:Quick question: what do t'y and ai mean?
AI is Alignment Indicative, and you'll also see NAI, Not Alignment Indicative
V/LA on Weekends
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

@empoof

(the next 4 quotes are empoof quotes)
Titus calls arona algebra's scum buddy since they are currently talking about algebra but arona just walks right over it. Post 68 is scum.
I said "Nope! why"...how is this walking right over it? I didn't press the issue since titus didn't bring it up again until like page 7.
post 129/130 unvotes shadow and doesn't revote after previously "agreeing with algebra votes", this is odd behaviour. scum.
post 154 says doesn't vote because wanted to read more closely. Super legit, seems town.
So...is post 129/130 town or not? You answer your own question here.
post 155 sus of titus still there from previous vote before shadow (this is kush), and agreeing with someone you had a scum read on (?) that nn looks shady so you vote him. This vote feels pretty scummy.
I was also agreeing with shaddowez (who I don't have a scumread on). I'm not going to discredit every single thing someone says just because I have a scumread on them. I agreed with shaddowez's reasoning for voting nn30, and I didn't like nn30's defense so I agreed with algebra.
the rest of the posts up into 195 just felt really bizarre. You were sitting on a vote on nn with someone you had labelled as scum in algebra, that was pressured by your other scum in Titus. Noting this is before nn freaked out about Titus association. You move algebra into anti-town while thinking he has sound logic. I had also labelled 195 as you feeling still feeling defensive about scumteam associations (which I was misread, you elaborate more in 209).
This...doesn't really summarize the rest of my posts?
(these are all my posts)
@dunhallyn: Yeah I think it's just a matter of preference. Since my problems that led to voting shaddowez were addressed and I was fine with the reasoning, I wouldn't want to mislead the town into thinking I still thought he was suspicious.

Also,
@morningtweet: any reason you're still holding onto your rvs vote?
I explain why I unvoted. This is just a followup really to my original explanation of why I unvoted which I thought you were satisfied with. And then I explain morningtweet's lack of activity.
In post 166, aronagrundy wrote:
In post 163, Titus wrote:I am paricularly concerned with Grundy and algebra there.

Grundy didn't understand my logic but immediately sheeps the logic when algebra is up for lynch...uhh what?
I agreed with shaddowez's logic and took issue with yours. It's not like you two had the same arguments beyond "nn30 is scummy"
The two major cases against nn30 started with titus on page 1 and then shaddowez later. They both had different reasoning. Not all reasoning is equal. Also I was and am still assuming that she was referring to nn30 and not algebra, since I've never voted for algebra.

I'm going to start a new post now because the rest of what I'm quoting I'm going to organize a bit differently
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Going a bit out of order to better organize
In post 167, aronagrundy wrote:@dunn: I agree that algebra wasn't (and hardly is now) actively scumhunting and often feels like he's more just providing commentary on what's happening, but at the same time hasn't changed his behavior despite the pressure of L-1. I feel like Titus and nb30 are better lynches st this point, so I don't want to lynch him right now.
In post 181, aronagrundy wrote:@dunn: well, I think a better way to put it is that algebra has been consistently uncooperative, which is a big reason why he's being suspected right now. It just makes me wonder if this is just his playstyle. I think he's anti-town regardless. Contrast this with Titus who I suspect mostly because of repeated gaps in her logic despite being consistent in her style.

@nn30: please explain why algebra's post 172 doesn't make sense.
I explain my feelings on algebra (which haven't changed much) and how they've changed. Note that I hadn't said anything about algebra since my vote against shaddowez, two days earlier. I agreed with the original case against algebra, because of his original comments on the titus wagon. Since then I felt that he really wasn't doing much to actively help himself and wasn't actively scumhunting, i.e. uncooperative with town. I still maintain that as long as he continues playing the way he's doing, he's anti town.
In post 169, aronagrundy wrote:explain inconsistent. Also algebra never scumread me so I'm not sure why you're setting up associations that don't exist
In post 171, aronagrundy wrote:
In post 70, algebra wrote:Just because arona doesn't want to listen to your foolishness doesn't make him scum, lol
This is the only time algebra mentions me. I don't understand your logic.
Titus claims that algebra is scumreading me and I point out otherwise. I don't see how this is bizarre.
In post 185, aronagrundy wrote:@titus: I do believe algebra is anti town (whether scum or unhelpful town) but I'm not going to dismiss every single post they make. I think 172 does make sense in the context of your case and I think it's bizarre that nn30 reacted so strongly to it.
To further explain post 172, which I'll just post below because I've been talking about it so much:
In post 172, algebra wrote:When nn30 flips red we should definitely consider Titus
This is following titus's push of algebra/myself as the scumteam. My initial reaction was the same as his, that if titus's push was wrong (which it is), then she should be put under suspicion. I don't think it's hard at all to understand why that would be a natural reaction and why nn30's blowup over it is weird.

A lot of the issues that you and titus have with me are about me saying that I'm suspicious of people and not necessarily voting them. I think it's important to see the context of both of my shaddowez and nn30 vote. With the shaddowez vote, the algebra wagon had just started so I commented on it. It was on my mind. That's all. And then with nn30, I had previously questioned titus on a post that she had made (which was directed toward nn30, funny enough). That's just who I am. I just like putting my thoughts out there, especially in response to how the game's flowing.

One more thing, empoof:
Empoof wrote:post 129/130 unvotes shadow and doesn't revote after previously "agreeing with algebra votes", this is odd behaviour. scum.
Why did this come up as scum when you first read it (yes I know you answer your own question about me unvoting later)? I think this only makes me scummy if algebra is scum (unless not revoting after unvoting is a major scumtell). And you didn't think that algebra was scum your first read through.

This is why I'm still voting for you. I think you're latching onto titus's argument even though it's not necessarily compatible with your own logic. Even though you're not claiming titus's logic (which as you say is "arona is scum because algebra has to be") as your own (which is that "arona has to be scum" you're still using it to try and explain in hindsight your reads on me.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

A couple more points that I forgot to include:

@empoof
In post 215, Empoof wrote:
responding to arona's followups: "It struck me as odd that you would make light of her logic even though she appears to be your strongest townread" I asked Titus for more reasoning because I hold a town read on them... Collaborating with other townies is a good way to win the game. I'm not treating her word as gospel at all, I actually said that I'm not quite there yet. I want more. Though I like your double mislynch theory, that's good deduction.
The "making light of her logic" bit was in response to your joke about being put on algebra's scumteam for townreading him. The only person being accused directly of that is me, by titus.

@shaddowez

You initially scumread algebra, and now (I assume since you're voting for him) nn30. Have your reads on these two changed at all?
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Post by Empoof »

WOW there are some words on this page!

I'll be home in about an hour and see what arona has to say while I drink some tea

Baked Apple Cinnamon mmmm I can smell it now.
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:38 pm

Post by Empoof »

Oh this isn't nearly as intimidating as it was on my phone. Thank god, I have to wake up in like 7 hours and was legit worried I would be reading forever lol.

This might sound bad but I don't feel the need to answer everything you posed towards me. If you ask nice I will but yeah. It felt like a lot of nickpicky things that I think in the end we'd see eye to eye on or just agree to disagree. If you want this, i'll do it, clarity is cool. But not tonight lol. This quote was really important for me though:
aronagrundy wrote:A lot of the issues that you and titus have with me are about me saying that I'm suspicious of people and not necessarily voting them. I think it's important to see the context of both of my shaddowez and nn30 vote. With the shaddowez vote, the algebra wagon had just started so I commented on it. It was on my mind. That's all. And then with nn30, I had previously questioned titus on a post that she had made (which was directed toward nn30, funny enough). That's just who I am. I just like putting my thoughts out there, especially in response to how the game's flowing.
PLEASE keep doing this. This was actually huge for me UNVOTE: aronagrundy. This along with how you've dissected my posts makes me feel like you're legit hunting and not trying to catch a town slipping.
aronagrundy wrote: One more thing, empoof:
Empoof wrote:post 129/130 unvotes shadow and doesn't revote after previously "agreeing with algebra votes", this is odd behaviour. scum.
Why did this come up as scum when you first read it (yes I know you answer your own question about me unvoting later)? I think this only makes me scummy if algebra is scum (unless not revoting after unvoting is a major scumtell). And you didn't think that algebra was scum your first read through.
To me, regardless of alignment of the accused (this would in context be algebra), choosing to not vote someone while holding suspicion of them feels like a cope out. It's really safe for mafians, since if vote=> town, then they weren't on the wagon, and if vote=> scum, it's one less person voting their buddy. So my initial read through that solely in isolation felt scummy. This was one of my red flags on Morning Tweets OneBigPost, but the comfort level in their reads in AnotherBigPost swayed me.

^I answered this one because I think this is the crux of our disagreement.

I can't just say that and not have a vote VOTE: nn30 since I didn't like their aggressive reaction to algebra's suggestion. It helps that arona isn't off the rails on my scumdar anymore (which was a big deterrent in initially focusing on nn). Will dive into this tomorrow, along with clarity for arona since I'm expecting him to want it.

this reverts the wagons to 3vs3vs2 if i'm reading it right.
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:08 am

Post by Dunhallym »

@arona

Since you have re-quoted algebra's post 172, can you explain to me how it suggests that in the event that Titus's theory of an algebra/arona scum team is wrong then Titus becomes suspicious.
@Empoof

Since you don't have a problem with arona's interpretation, same question goes to you. Also: did you have time to read my posts?

I'll try to find time today to go in more length as to my opinion on other players and on why I think algebra is the better lynch for today even though I share concerns on nn30 as well.
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:33 am

Post by Dunhallym »

Warning: this is going to be quite long. The longest part are about arona and Empoof as they have been quite active lately. I'm trying to give an opinion on everyone except algebra and nn30 whom I keep for later. I'll try to do it tonight too, but no promise. I've just included here what I think of possible partnerships with algebra and nn30 as this is relevant for the point I want to make next.

Aronagrundy

Unlike Empoof and Titus I liked the fact that arona tried to push Shaddowez earlier. Not only because I shared his concern over Shaddowez but also because pushing suspects that are not directly in the spotlight is a good thing to do during the day. I’m less a fan of subsequent play. I called him on not revoting after removing vote from Shaddow. As I tried to explain later on, it’s not so much the fact that he didn’t cast a new vote than the fact he felt the need to quickly remove vote from Shaddow when there was no urgent reason to do so without having another suspect in line. I noted it as “cultural” because nobody else seemed bothered by that while it’s a big thing on my home forum. Point being that scum do not want to antagonize people too much and are more careful with where their vote stand. Then there is the vote on nn30, which, as Titus has already noted, comes at a very opportunistic time to move the focus off algebra, especially when you consider that arona didn’t mention algebra at all in the post where he voted nn while he previously said he suspected algebra (see the exchange I had with arona on the matter). There are 2 additional points: first the interpretation of algebra’s #172. I’ll wait on arona’s (and Empoof’s) answer on that one but the fact arona used this flawed logic (algebra/arona town Titus scum) to push the accusation on Empoof doesn’t sit right with me. Second is the lengthy defense arona puts: I need to reread those with more attention but I do not share Empoof’s view and find those posts overly defensive. SO I’ve come from leaning Town to leaning scum on arona, with algebra as a very likely partner. Very unlikely to be nn30’s partner IMO.

Ecane/Empoof

My initial feeling on ecane was good but when I reread her, 2 things bothered me: 1) she mentions her intention was to vote Shaddowez but won’t after nn30 voted for him, yet she never explained why she had this vote intention; 2) she did one of the things I blame algebra for, i-e claim to want to provoke discussion by a vote without doing much else afterwards. I meant to call her on it but that’s when I saw her being replaced, which I thought explained 2). As for 1) I’ll never get an answer on that one. Now, I liked a lot Empoof’s debut: he asked questions that I felt are good and I liked his playstyle. But now I really dislike the way he backed off of arona, especially after getting 2 votes on him. I also really dislike this quote :
This might sound bad but I don't feel the need to answer everything you posed towards me. If you ask nice I will but yeah. It felt like a lot of nickpicky things that I think in the end we'd see eye to eye on or just agree to disagree. If you want this, i'll do it, clarity is cool. But not tonight lol.
My issue here is not that he won’t answer everything but the overjustification of why he won’t do this and the “It felt like a lot of nickpicky things that I think in the end we'd see eye to eye on or just agree to disagree”. Arona’s “case” on Empoof seems to be mostly that Empoof pushes Titus theory that arona and algebra are scumbuddies so that once either turns innocent we lynch Titus. As mentioned above (see the paragraph on arona) I think this logic is flawed as Titus can be wrong without being scum, and therefore I think arona’s case on Empoof is flawed, but it’s not “a lot of nitpicky things”.
So in the end I’ll put Empoof as null, leaning town. If algebra is guilty, then Empoof is a likely partner, much less likely with nn30 given Empoof's vote.

MorningTweet

I’m liking him thus far. He seems genuinely trying to get the grasp of the online game and has good insight. I had my doubts at first but liked his answer to my question about what felt to me a defense of Titus. Leaning Townie on that one.
I think MorningTweet could be partner with either algebra or nn30.

Papa Zito

My opinion on Papa Zito has not changed. I hold opinion until I see his reads on other players and he explains why he didn’t want to share them earlier.
Since his interactions have mainly been with Titus, it’s hard to assess potential partnerships with algebra or nn30. I can’t remember interactions with the first one but there are some with nn30. As I already said in a previous post, I didn’t like much the way nn30 interacted with Papa Zito. I’ll need to reread that but I ended with the impression that partnership was unlikely. I’d also like input from others on that.

Shaddowez

I also need to reread Shaddowez. I didn’t like much his early posts (as explained when I voted for him) and I don’t recall him being very vocal since he earnt and lost several votes. He led the votes on nn30 based on the sequence of nn30's vote on algebra.
I’m not discounting him as a potential algebra’s partner in spite of the fact he started the first wagon on algebra. I think his latest vote makes partnership with nn30 near impossible.

Titus

The main thing since I posted opinion on Titus is the algebra/arona theory which has merits. Yet I still feel that Titus is taking a back seat, i-e not pushing things very hard.
I don’t think Titus could be partnered with algebra, based on algebra’s earlier vote and Titus current position. Partnership with nn30 is possible.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”