Alternatively,

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:06 am

Post by MariaR »

Catching up tomorrow give me some ppl to iso
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:07 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1149, Generation X wrote:Actually thinking about it UT was right above Tammy who Spiffeh was trying to give the stump to. I'm rethinking my UT scumread because of this. Why would scum so blatantly go against the wishes of someone who had established influence?
~GE
Spiffeh had no power to "give" roles. go back and reread and you'll see that I was quite clear from the beginning that Tammy wasn't getting the stump.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:28 am

Post by Spiffeh »

How dare you
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:34 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1138, Untrod Tripod wrote:because I'd rather just lynch DT
Yeah I know Math generates that feeling in people (I wanted to lynch Math when we were partners in Grey’s Mini Normal so badly) but I’m generally of the opinion that Titus isn’t a good Day 1 lynch if she isn’t obv-scum. Get a wagon going on GenX and I’ll work with you on de-hydraing the thread.
In post 1146, Untrod Tripod wrote:dude, treestump is a strong pick for scum.
Not really. I mean this is game theory disagreement so take it as you will but the strongest part of the Treestump ability is posting reads and thoughts after death. That doesn’t benefit scum at all given they’d be known scum.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:38 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1152, Spiffeh wrote:How dare you
fite me irl
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1153, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Not really. I mean this is game theory disagreement so take it as you will but the strongest part of the Treestump ability is posting reads and thoughts after death. That doesn’t benefit scum at all given they’d be known scum.
I think as a scum player it is a similar defense as bussing. a kind of "why would I ever do that???" kind of thing
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:41 am

In post 1155, Untrod Tripod wrote:I think as a scum player it is a similar defense as bussing. a kind of "why would I ever do that???" kind of thing
Yeah, but that is only going to take you so far if you get to the point of actually being suspected as scum. Especially when Town has "Whelp, even if I am wrong we still get Untrod's input in thread" to counter-act that WIFOM ...

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

shrug

I guess I'm just making the point that me taking treestump is a bs reason to townread me
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:54 am

In post 1157, Untrod Tripod wrote:shrug

I guess I'm just making the point that me taking treestump is a bs reason to townread me
Well to some degree I agree ...

I more have issues with the claimed reasons you are being scum-read and wanted to get input from FA ...

Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Double Trouble »

Sad, UT is probably scum whining I scumread him.

Kinda depressing though as he'll never get lynched. UT as town is pretty obvious and worth dying for.

This ain't it.

~Titus
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 1151, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1149, Generation X wrote:Actually thinking about it UT was right above Tammy who Spiffeh was trying to give the stump to. I'm rethinking my UT scumread because of this. Why would scum so blatantly go against the wishes of someone who had established influence?
~GE
Spiffeh had no power to "give" roles. go back and reread and you'll see that I was quite clear from the beginning that Tammy wasn't getting the stump.
Yeah, and the only reason I can think for that isn't protown but rather you view yourself as superior to Tammy and everyone else.
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 1150, MariaR wrote:Catching up tomorrow give me some ppl to iso
UT.
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 1138, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1132, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Why haven’t you then?
because I'd rather just lynch DT
Generation X wrote:What about Double Trouble?
Yeah I have townreads on Double Trouble and Goatmeal so the no-hydra guys are probably scum.
~GE
well that doesn't make any fucking sense? why would scum say "oh I've got it we'll just say lynch hydras"

my no hydra thing started as tongue in cheek but it's become more and more serious as all of hydras in this game just turn out to be awful people to play mafia with
It's the same reason scum say lynch them before they use VCA. They are seeking to remove threats, not scum.
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:25 am

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 1081, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 1069, MariaR wrote:Because I felt like subbing in!
I did it with the walking dead I'll do it here also so
s u c k i t
or vote me either works *shrug*
I'll re read if I feel like it.
Town.
Me too.

I like fire in a game...

I need more cold medicinem
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 1084, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 1079, Spiffeh wrote:Idk I feel like Goatmeal has been doing a lot with the intention to "look" town instead of just naturally doing shit AS town

Like their whole plan for the night actions and this post
I am on the fence about them.
On one hand, everyone seems to have them as a scumread which sends me bad signals.
Then you have stuff like that plan of night actions, which I see ZERO scum motivation in order to do.
In fact, thats something way more likely to come out of town because scum are more worried about appearances of trying to be domineering over actions.

That sounds naturally town, not trying to look town.
I would plan night actions all the time as scum...so why can't scum?

I need DGB hugs before getting a read there.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1160, Double Trouble wrote:
In post 1151, Untrod Tripod wrote:
~GE
Yeah, and the only reason I can think for that isn't protown but rather you view yourself as superior to Tammy and everyone else.
implying that knowing my alignment makes me arrogant? what?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1162, Double Trouble wrote:
In post 1138, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1132, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Why haven’t you then?
because I'd rather just lynch DT
Generation X wrote:What about Double Trouble?
Yeah I have townreads on Double Trouble and Goatmeal so the no-hydra guys are probably scum.
~GE
well that doesn't make any fucking sense? why would scum say "oh I've got it we'll just say lynch hydras"

my no hydra thing started as tongue in cheek but it's become more and more serious as all of hydras in this game just turn out to be awful people to play mafia with
It's the same reason scum say lynch them before they use VCA. They are seeking to remove threats, not scum.
lolololololololol speaking of arrogance though
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:33 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

oh wow that was probably cattier than I meant it

anyway I'm more likely to try to manipulate your VCA to my advantage than I am to try to kill you. pretty sure I've done that as scum more than once.
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Double Trouble »

Deflection and misdirection.

Tammy is easy to read if given time and ability, yet at the start you decided she'd not get that ability against everyone's wishes. That's arrogant or scummy.

Highlighting scum want to vote to remove threats rather than scumhunt us not arrogant. I just happened to use an example from my past to do it. Each player can be a threat depending on the makeup.

Your read on DGB hydra please.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Wraith »

GenX

* Town vibe from his early posts
* I question the logic of his early townread on drealmerz in #456
* Reversed on yakko from early game but gave his reasons. Personally I'm a little puzzled why Spiffeh and GenX pointed at yakko's #513 as so damning. It's an odd post sure, but damning?
* His townreads on drealmerz and arguably Creature as of #525-526 are extremely questionable IMO. He never explains why exactly he finds them town, especially drealmerz who has been posting scummy shit throughout the game.
* Has been against Skybird all game. Definitely makes me think if one flips scum the other is town.
* Still thinks drealmerz is town as of #661 and has not once explained specifics on why. Yes, this does rub me the wrong way.
* Going by his reads as of #665 it's easy to see why he views Spiff and Tammy as town. Suspecting SkyBird and yakko is understandable. He hasn't explained his reasons for suspecting MoI, or for liking drealmerz, Creature, and SpyRex (though I also have a soft townread on SpyRex).
* I really don't like his sudden shift to Goatmeal in #706.
* Joins the Espy wagon in #716 without comment. This is even worse than the Goatmeal shift since it coincided with a wagon quickly forming on Espy very shortly before
* Finally explains his drealmerz read in #717. I can actually get why he thinks this and think it's a logical train. Kind of excuses his earlier stuff with drealmerz.
* Asking how his role should be used in #736 looks kind of bad, especially since he seemed pretty confident about his pick during the draft. Actually this could be a hydra thing so never mind.
* I'm not sure GE head understands their role. I still don't get the concern over it being "telegraphed," it's a roleblock guaranteed to resolve. Never mind, I actually get it now. He means they'll know they're roleblocked and as a result scum can plan around it. Never mind what I was saying before this is an understandable concern.
* I don't like in general how wisy-washy (relatively speaking) GenX has been with their votes. They joined two wagons when they started gaining steam out of nowhere, and have generally not been putting their vote on players they've claimed to have a scumread on. They've talked a lot about yakko being scummy but only voted for him once, and jumped off that vote in favor of wagons on players they hadn't talked about much before.
* Once again talks about how yakko is Transcend's pick to lynch in #1051 but doesn't put their vote on him. And decides to vote for Espeonage shortly after! They might have had a scumread on Espy but I don't understand jumping back to him when they prefer a yakko lynch.

In summary, when they talk analysis I generally like what they have to say. But their voting patterns really rub me the wrong way and they've now given me a soft scumread on GenX.

PREDIT: Jesus
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

Spoiler: double trouble
In post 1164, Double Trouble wrote:
In post 1084, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 1079, Spiffeh wrote:Idk I feel like Goatmeal has been doing a lot with the intention to "look" town instead of just naturally doing shit AS town

Like their whole plan for the night actions and this post
I am on the fence about them.
On one hand, everyone seems to have them as a scumread which sends me bad signals.
Then you have stuff like that plan of night actions, which I see ZERO scum motivation in order to do.
In fact, thats something way more likely to come out of town because scum are more worried about appearances of trying to be domineering over actions.

That sounds naturally town, not trying to look town.

And if they were your posts I would call if non alignment indicative or scummy

I would plan night actions all the time as scum...so why can't scum?

I need DGB hugs before getting a read there.[/quote]
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

How did that get botched so much?

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1168, Double Trouble wrote:Deflection and misdirection.

Tammy is easy to read if given time and ability, yet at the start you decided she'd not get that ability against everyone's wishes. That's arrogant or scummy.

Highlighting scum want to vote to remove threats rather than scumhunt us not arrogant. I just happened to use an example from my past to do it. Each player can be a threat depending on the makeup.

Your read on DGB hydra please.
it's a game and I'm going to play to my wincon. I value my own reads and therefore I wanted the treestump ability so I could continue to post them throughout the game. it was available. I took it. I'm not going to apologize for going against the wishes of someone who has literally no power over me.

DGB hydra I'm reading as town for the moment for the simple reason that they're trying to elucidate rather than obfuscate. information instead of personality etc.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Wraith »

I trust DT more than UT at the moment. This exchange between them is making me uneasy about UT.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:36 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

Does Spyrex lurk as scum?
Seems really inactive in this game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”