GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Oh god no, Rask was hyper obviously town from post 1.

What sort of scum says "folks, I'm changing my playstyle, so deal y'all" and then doesn't even bother to tell you what she's changing her playstyle to or use it to provide excuses or anything? Good god, it would take scum with enormous titanium nads to just run something like that out there with no explanation. Scum always want to explain big things, because they have thought of an explanation to explain why its townie when they post them, and then they want to show off that explanation. She was just like "fuck off with the meta reads meta is fucking stupid and I'm doing something different."

Fucking town as hell, thank you very much.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 694, goodmorning wrote:Hoopla sounds far too reasonable and responsible and this is bothering me for some reason.
Is this because I haven't told you you're a good kid recently?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 698, TwoFace wrote:@grey. Once you're done questioning about victor. I actually have a question for you but want to wait until you're done asking about victor
Sure, I'll wait for BV to answer.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Grey, I have a question to ask you too. But I want to wait until Twoface asks his question.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@Grey, I think GM's point on Jaack was a good one but that was an exception. It was one of the reasons I was townreading her for earlier. But her reads on BBT and Sotty7 are shifty regardless of your alignment. She started out scumreading BBT, then was okay with a completely boring answer from BBT and then said she prefers the Sotty7 wagon. Detailed version is in . By the way, have you caught up? I thought if you were caught up enough to have reads on the entire playerlist, you'd notice my wall on GM.

Victor is explained in and . Your case assumes that every town that gets townread uses that to "smash home wagons on scum" which is playstyle-dependent, not alignment. I fully agree with him that IAI shouldn't be vigged. IAI literally mentioned that he had business in NYC, etc during the first week of the game. Interpreting that to mean "lurker" is uncharitable unless you think he's lying about it. Now that he's here and caught up, I assume he'll get engaged and people can get an actual read on him. That's very different from the idea of shooting "useless lurkers."
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Well if that isn't a melodramatic ridiculously over the top read greyice I don't know what is
no comment on the rest but who needs to read any further when you can make out a small (nai?) disclaimer to be the rosetta stone
deranged and incoherent
?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 703, Hoopla wrote:Grey, I have a question to ask you too. But I want to wait until Twoface asks his question.
Question Queue
  • TwoFace
  • Hoopla
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 704, BlackVoid wrote:@Grey, I think GM's point on Jaack was a good one but that was an exception. It was one of the reasons I was townreading her for earlier. But her reads on BBT and Sotty7 are shifty regardless of your alignment. She started out scumreading BBT, then was okay with a completely boring answer from BBT and then said she prefers the Sotty7 wagon. Detailed version is in . By the way, have you caught up? I thought if you were caught up enough to have reads on the entire playerlist, you'd notice my wall on GM.

Victor is explained in and . Your case assumes that every town that gets townread uses that to "smash home wagons on scum" which is playstyle-dependent, not alignment. I fully agree with him that IAI shouldn't be vigged. IAI literally mentioned that he had business in NYC, etc during the first week of the game. Interpreting that to mean "lurker" is uncharitable unless you think he's lying about it. Now that he's here and caught up, I assume he'll get engaged and people can get an actual read on him. That's very different from the idea of shooting "useless lurkers."
I'll be honest, I tend to focus on people I'm scum reading harder than I focus on town reads when I've got 700 posts to read. As a result I've probably skimmed a few of your posts. But honestly your reasoning in 565 is weak. "You should focus more on X than Y" is silly. It basically boils down to "in my opinion X is scummier" and unless you think someone is transparently manufacturing reasons to make reads, it's a point so weak it's non-existent (protip: everyone is inconsistent if you squint hard enough. Yes, even you). I mean honestly your entire case is "she's scum with you" which I know factually isn't true. Sooooo... yeah. It's just factually not a thing that is true. If that's it, I can rest assured whatever else happens you're not mislynching her, so I think we're good on this one.

Hey, wanna see something interesting though? This forum has a feature that lets you see all of a user's posts. Here, let me link you: http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... 0&sr=posts

Tell me more about how IAI didn't have enough time to post on say, October 21st. Or 20th. Or 19th. Yep, he definitely didn't seem to have any time.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 705, Raskolnikov wrote:Well if that isn't a melodramatic ridiculously over the top read greyice I don't know what is
no comment on the rest but who needs to read any further when you can make out a small (nai?) disclaimer to be the rosetta stone
Pffft, those are the best rosetta stones. When someone puts a ton of thought into things they produce something that's really structured and sensible and can be totally non-alignment indicative. Little throwaway comments? Those can be awesome.

I mean it also helps you're like obvtown without that, but yeah, you were town from post 1.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by MariaR »

nghhh to many wall posts I cna say I understand and will remember everything that happened over the last 2 pages but that's a lie :)
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.10
GreyICE (5)
Jaack (2)
, ,
MichelSableheart (1)
VictorDeAngelo (1)
Sotty7 (3)
, , ,
MariaR (1)

Day one deadline is Wednesday November 2, 8 AM PST. (expired on 2016-11-02 08:00:00)

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Wait what.

No.

Unvote
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 711, GreyICE wrote:Wait what.

No.

Unvote
I must sr you now for voting me smh I hope you understand

VOTE: Ice x2
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by MariaR »

UNVOTE:

Didn't think anyone else was gonna be up
What's up ^_^
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I dunno. I'd like to hear from Michael Sableheart. I kind of feel like you're really town and like I kind of want to lynch Jack too, so I think we're on similar pages.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I mean I guess we could karaoke or something.

But we'd probably get lynched for spamming the thread.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I mean I guess we could karaoke or something.

But we'd probably get lynched for spamming the thread.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by MariaR »

F is for friends who do stuff together-Aw fine
Do you want to talk to Michael cause you think he's town or just wanna hear what he's gotta say
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by MariaR »

I mean I'm always obv town :cool: (that's a lie pls mercy)
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

So, the more I think about this, GM is probably town. I do like her points on Jaack and I think the emotional push on Victor looked townish which means my scumteam theory is probably wrong. There was also something about the way Jaack was grilling MariaR that gave me townvibes.

Making a note to myself to look at Grey/Rask/Hoopla interactions. All of them are weird and there might be something there. The Rask/Hoopla early game cases on each other + Rask voting Sotty7 after he called her scum with BBT and then defending GreyICE + Hoopla's unvote of an L-1 wagon with intent to hammer. There's something there and I need to figure out if that's the team. That's my new working theory.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:06 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 693, GreyICE wrote:
Hoopla, Sotty: Why Victor? Here we go.

As a veteran irascible asshole, let me assure you of two things. First, you don't necessarily change because you're scum. Second, being townread is simply a tool to lynch scum. If people town read you they're more willing to listen to you, if they're more willing to listen to you, they're more willing to vote with you. Certainly we none of us think Victor is ambivalent about who gets lynched, yes?

So early on Victor was getting significant pressure.
A feud with GoodMorning, several votes, people pushing him, etc. He had to defend himself.
Then it tapered off. What did Victor do? He tapered off. It's not like any of his comments were particularly insightful or probing earlier, but after the town read? He didn't try and sell a single person on voting GoodMorning. He just was happy to leave his vote there until the "oh gee, I guess I better join the wagon under duress".
It's a stretch to label a few early votes as significant pressure.

If you actually read the interactions with GM you'd see she never had anything more than a rvs post against me, hence why I never had to defend against her.

Again, reread that section of the game. Pressure was mounting on GM but I never stopped scumreading your slot. I shifted to your wagon but I've said I'd still back a GM lynch. It's not like I can lynch everyone I want day 1.
If you want to talk since then, he's been the most passionate about how we shouldn't shoot IAI. That's funny. He's been on site since 2013, he's very well aware that many extremely strong players have the philosophy that vigs should default to shooting useless lurkers precisely because they have no content and its hard to read them. This is not a controversial opinion or one that is rarely voiced, it's very mainstream, and IAI is the prime candidate of this town under that. The "at least people would have to take a stance" thing is super weird. Does he think that scum wouldn't bus IAI? It's not like he's playing well at all. It just seems an attempt to preserve IAI's life without actually doing much that would commit him one way or the other. It's a very weird stance to take.
Passionate? Off like one or two posts. Again, you're reaching here. IAI is a bad vig because his death tells us nothing. If you think he's scum (and you seem to be suggesting it quite heavily here) then push his wagon.
Also, if you had reread thoroughly you'd see he was vla for a largish chunk of the game, so the lack of content arguments are null.
More interestingly he didn't even argue the scum should shoot Goodmorning. He just wanted it to be not-IAI, he didn't even think of Goodmorning getting shot. That's very, very odd for someone who is so strongly reading her as scum. He's strongly reading her, but he isn't really willing to push her and doesn't even think of having a vig shoot her? That's downright off.
Well obviously I don't think scum will shoot my scumread :p

Anyway, you were advocating an IAI shot which I think is a bad idea. I'm not having a lengthy discussion on the pros and cons of different vig targets. It should be obvious from my posting that I would like to see GM vigged/lynched.

Interestingly two thirds of this came after GreyIce replaced in so really the extent of the scumread in 602 is he doesn't think I've pushed GM enough.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by MariaR »

I feel the want and urge to sr black but I don't really know why...
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:16 pm

Post by goodmorning »

@grey: i mean, i'm not pushing them very hard. (aka i have been totally ignoring victor for a shitload of pages)

@hoopla: ah, the jokes are back again hmk
In post 704, BlackVoid wrote:She started out scumreading BBT,
bv i was NOT SOLD on either of my main srs at the time as i said

idk why you are just suddenly deciding to unread my posts from your head but i wish you wouldn't
In post 719, BlackVoid wrote:So, the more I think about this, GM is probably town. I do like her points on Jaack and I think the emotional push on Victor looked townish which means my scumteam theory is probably wrong. There was also something about the way Jaack was grilling MariaR that gave me townvibes.

Making a note to myself to look at Grey/Rask/Hoopla interactions. All of them are weird and there might be something there. The Rask/Hoopla early game cases on each other + Rask voting Sotty7 after he called her scum with BBT and then defending GreyICE + Hoopla's unvote of an L-1 wagon with intent to hammer. There's something there and I need to figure out if that's the team. That's my new working theory.
a. what
b. associatives before flips are still silly
c. no, seriously, what
d. 'i just thought about it a little' what
e. small application of pressure = you about-face????????
f. what
g. idgi
h. scum can have good points too
i. and my push on victor wasn't really based in emotions at all
j. just having emotions and getting ragey doesn't mean that's why you're pushing
k. seriously, idgi
l.
what

p-edit @ victor:
In post 354, goodmorning wrote:Victor's entrance was scummier than anyone else's (including IAI's, while we're going there); it came near the bottom of p2, when there was plenty to comment on, yet he dropped an RV and left. Currently, he's playing the semantic game he accuses others of playing, misrepping Hoopla, refusing to provide much useful content, and attempting to infuriate me.
(in response to sotty asking for a very condensed version)

mmmmk.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:17 pm

Post by goodmorning »

ftr genuinely trying to infuriate someone is a huge scumtell imo

because it's a really anti-town action but you can pretend it's not your fault
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 723, goodmorning wrote:ftr genuinely trying to infuriate someone is a huge scumtell imo

because it's a really anti-town action but you can pretend it's not your fault
Dam I must be the most scummy person ever in your eyes then cause I find that fun
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”