Newbie 1757 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

Sorry, I'm a VT
Show
Transcend: His name is Jordan backwards, just call him Jordan.
Something_Smart: Your name is Dnecsnart backwards, should I call you Dnecsnart?
Transcend: lol that actually sounds funny

I've got a wiki!
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

eh I played quite badly in this game.

I'll see Fruitsman in the dead PT in 2 weeks
Show

I've got a wiki!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 249, keyenpeydee wrote:VOTE: XnadrojX

I hope you're scum.
No no no Key. I am not having good vibe about this. Forget about XnadrojX, why are we rushing day 1 when we have so much time. We yet to hear a lot from other people.

Stop this wagon please. this game is so sad!!!
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

Already hammered. I'm dying on a rope rn. Huntress gonna come in any moment, announce I'm VT, and night will fall.

Good Luck town
Show

I've got a wiki!
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 246, ArcAngel9 wrote:I dont think Xnadroj is scum. we are doing a mistake. Please stop this wagon, we have time why are we rushing?

And Accountant, I am surprised that you're encouraging day 1 one end so early when we have so time to figure things out.

Key - whats your thoughts on this?
It is my belief that town should end the day when we've collectively decided on a good lynch. No sooner, no later.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by Accountant »

If you're VT XX, I'm sorry. However, I still don't think your lynch was that bad(I mean, it's bad, but D1 lynches are almost always townies anyway and there's a lot of hidden upsides to it as well). By getting lynched now, you'll provide lots of info to the town. Also, you were an easy mislynch target for mafia to push in LyLo. Now there's less of a threat of that happening.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 252, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 249, keyenpeydee wrote:VOTE: XnadrojX

I hope you're scum.
No no no Key. I am not having good vibe about this. Forget about XnadrojX, why are we rushing day 1 when we have so much time. We yet to hear a lot from other people.

Stop this wagon please. this game is so sad!!!
I'm sorry but XX is about to be lynched. I gave my reasons and you're not giving yours why he's not scum. You aren't even being helpful because your posts are pretty much your reads but you haven't even explain it. And I agree with Accountant that we can afford a mislynch D1. XX lynch isn't bad because we gave reasons and not just throwing your votes. And if that continues, People will just be yes and no until they reach the deadline.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

I mean if people don't decide to lynch XX, People will just be yes and no until they reach the deadline.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

The crux of it is that I think XX is going to be lynched regardless, I think he *should* be lynched regardless, and I don't think that we can obtain significant information in the extra time we gain by delaying the lynch. In fact, I think it makes it easier to derail the wagon, create fatigue and apathy in town through a long day that leads to the same thing anyway, and allows scum to muddy the associative waters to make it harder to draw conclusions off XX's flip.

shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by shannon »

@Accountant you've misread me (or maybe I miswrote?); I think NN30 is scum and XnadrojX is town. The only reason I could see XnadrojX as scum is if NN was bussing him, and it's gone way, way past the point where that's plausible. I want NN30 to go tomorrow.

@Keypendee my money's on NN sheeping me on to Fruits for town cred because he knows I'm not lynchable and he thought maybe I was going to lead a wagon on Fruits.

@XnadrojX Everyone isn't set on your lynch, I didn't want it and I think I might have been able to move keyen too. Never give in - or appear to be giving in - to your lynch unless it's tactical on your part and you think you can get out of it. I have had success as VT in saying things like 'OK, imagine you've lynched me, I'm gonna flip town so spend the rest of the day looking at who you'd end up looking at tomorrow anyway'. This has saved me at least once and we moved on to a good lynch. Remember, you know you're town, keep pushing everyone else to see it too even if you've dug yourself a hole through stupidity/poor play/mistakes.

In post 229, Vijarada wrote:
In post 226, Accountant wrote:@shannon: You say that you don't see anything scummy about XX, and so nn must be bussing him. How do you know it's not town!nn seeing something you don't, or interpreting XX's posts in a different way?
Accountant - You should take it easy on him for a bit and focus on others and as IC you have job and help the group to scum hunt from a different perspective. Your inability to focus on Nadroj seems suspicious to me.
This is untrue. I have spoken before about fruitsman and Wyvernite, and engaged with keyenpeydee. Furthermore, me focusing on XX makes perfect sense. I don't have any obligation to play devil's advocate with myself because I'm an IC; rather, it would be counterproductive as nobody does that and intentionally indulges in a different perapective or lets up on a scummy player just for kicks. Instead, I'm going to lead by example and show you how to scumhunt by focusing on who I find scummy, questioning them and getting them lynched.
I mean, for those that need to be reminded that nadro is scum, read his ISO. All he's done proactively is attack the only other scumread player in the game at the time (nn30). He's pretty much devoted all of his efforts to defending himself, voting his main attacker and focusing on nothing else since. The guy's the scummiest in the game, lynch plz.
In post 244, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 214, nn30 wrote:Your vote is on XX, Fruitsman. You should want the conversation to go there too...

VOTE: Fruitsman
I don't get you here. Is this serious?
In post 245, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 218, shannon wrote: I think it's entirely plausible that XX just wanted to ask more questions before voting, and I don't think that's AI.
Well said. That's why I don't have a strong scum read on XX.
In post 247, XnadrojX wrote:i'm at L-1 and ending 5 days before deadline isn't that early. We're at the point where everyone is set on my lynch and further discussion would just be something like:

Person A: He's scum
Person B: No
Person C: Yes
Person D: No
etc.
etc.

My lynch right now is inevitable. The best I can do right now is to make say as much as I know as after I flip VT people will know everything I have said day 1 is from a Town perspective, hopefully driving them to get the scum
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

@shannon, What do you mean by "I didn't want it and I think I might have been able to move keyen too."
Show
Games that I modded:

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 259, shannon wrote:@Accountant you've misread me (or maybe I miswrote?); I think NN30 is scum and XnadrojX is town. The only reason I could see XnadrojX as scum is if NN was bussing him, and it's gone way, way past the point where that's plausible. I want NN30 to go tomorrow.
Why is nn30 scum? Summarize your case against him?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

Note that XX is already hammered. Nothing can stop him dying now.

XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

I haven't given up. I have not given up until the point where keyne hammered me. Enough were suspecting me. Best I could do was try to help Town in my last words
Show

I've got a wiki!
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:08 pm

Post by Accountant »

If you're town, that's a good attitude to have. You never know - maybe your last words will help us catch scum and you'll get your revenge from the grave.

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:59 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.7

XnadrojX (5) - Accountant, fruitsman, Vijarada, nn30, keyenpeydee [LYNCH]

Accountant (1) - XnadrojX
nn30 (1) - shannon

Not voting (2) - ArcAngel9, Wyvernite

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Sunday, 27th November 5pm GMT, (in (expired on 2016-11-27 17:00:00)).
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:11 am

Post by Huntress »

XnadrojX (Vanilla Townie) has been lynched.

It is now Night One.

Deadline for Night One is Sunday, 20th November 1pm GMT, (in (expired on 2016-11-20 13:00:00)).
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:02 am

Post by Huntress »

shannon (Vanilla Townie) died Night One.

It is now Day Two.

With seven players alive, it takes four votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Two is Sunday, 4th December 1pm GMT, (in (expired on 2016-12-04 13:00:00)).
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:22 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Accountant - You better have a valid explanation on why you didn't choose to look other cases and only focused on Xnadrojx?
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:40 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

I really felt bad lynching XX but he sure do acted scummy.
Show
Games that I modded:

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 268, ArcAngel9 wrote:Accountant - You better have a valid explanation on why you didn't choose to look other cases and only focused on Xnadrojx?
XnadrojX was the scummiest. It's not like I didn't look at other cases, I just focused on the scummiest one most. Now, why were you so certain XX was town?

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:12 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 270, Accountant wrote:
In post 268, ArcAngel9 wrote:Accountant - You better have a valid explanation on why you didn't choose to look other cases and only focused on Xnadrojx?
XnadrojX was the scummiest. It's not like I didn't look at other cases, I just focused on the scummiest one most. Now, why were you so certain XX was town?
^^ This
Show
Games that I modded:

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:22 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 213, fruitsman wrote:
In post 212, nn30 wrote:It's very surprising to me that we've gotten off the XX train. What has he done to remove suspicion? Nothing. The conversation just moved past him.

Don't let him get away with that.
You'd like us to get back onto that, while also keeping the attention off yourself!

(Am I doing this right?)

Quite Opportunistic for you to throw shade on someone who is just as incriminating, you over-analytical scum!
In post 214, nn30 wrote:Your vote is on XX, Fruitsman. You should want the conversation to go there too...

VOTE: Fruitsman
Can we talk about this?

Fruitsman had his vote on XX at the time that he called me opportunistic for wanting the conversation to go there.

In sumary:

1) Fruitsman voted for XX
2) Fruitsman believed in 'the consensus' surrounding XX.
3) Fruitsman argued against someone (me) who argued that we should be lynching XX
while still voting for XX

He threw shade on me for doing something that he should presumably be agreeing with.

VOTE: fruitsman

This should be today's lynch.

Those of you who believe I should be today's lynch - consider this:
In post 241, XnadrojX wrote: nn30 <----- Null leaning scum, not scumteam with Fruitsman
If you believe XX's train of logic (that I'm not scum with Fruits) - we should lynch Fruits instead of me. Reason being, if Fruits flips scum we get a town-pseudo clear (me).

Lynching in the other order (me then Fruits) comes with no comparable upside.
fruitsman
fruitsman
Townie
fruitsman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:33 am

Post by fruitsman »

Yes, let's talk.
NN you stated that you were going to go after me in post . This was BEFORE XX's final vote.

NN you did not list a reason as to why you voted for XX. Then proceeding to not address the accusation of being opportunistic, and using my vote for XX to try and point out that me as scum.

I believed that XX was scum. I was wrong. We were wrong.

But, NN basically accepted that XX's lynch was inevitable and unavoidable by just adding to the vote instead of listing doubts. You too, then must have agreed with me and others that XX was scummy.

Now he is stating that it isn't a downside to lynch a town. For what? A "
psuedo
" clear to his name.
Accountant <------- Slight Scum
XX also claimed that Accountant was scummy. Is Accountant next once you find out I'm town after a failed lynch?

Also,
1. You have said so yourself that it is scummy to summarize what is going on, instead of analytically moving forward. <- Ironic
2. You have been quick to cast shade on others and have even admitted to scummy behavior, and you ALSO voted for XX.
3. And because I have said that I did not want attention to fall off you, you are now throwing me into the ring for being lynched.

You have been making claims and assertively attempting to lay down a foundation of credibility throughout your posts, while deflecting calls of being scum by simply reposting what you put and trying to claim that it's okay. You have done ALOT of back-tracking.
I want more thoughts on this.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:58 am

Post by nn30 »

My response to Fruits. Spoiler tags so that I don't take up much space.

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote:Yes, let's talk.
NN you stated that you were going to go after me in post . This was BEFORE XX's final vote.
I don't see how this is relevant.

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote: NN you did not list a reason as to why you voted for XX.
Actually I did:

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote: Then proceeding to not address the accusation of being opportunistic, and using my vote for XX to try and point out that me as scum.
I didn't see a reason to react to you calling it opportunistic. I did, however, see a reason to ask why you were disagreeing with me pushing the very person you were voting for.

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote: I believed that XX was scum. I was wrong. We were wrong.
You're right -
we
were wrong. We know that today. Yesterday you called me scummy for pushing the very person you were voting. I don't see how your point defends yourself from this.

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote: But, NN basically accepted that XX's lynch was inevitable and unavoidable by just adding to the vote instead of listing doubts. You too, then must have agreed with me and others that XX was scummy.
Yep.

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote: Now he is stating that it isn't a downside to lynch a town.
Of course it's a downside to lynch town. However, my argument is
entirely based on the pre-supposition that you're scum
. If we lynch you, and you flip town, that's very bad. I just don't think you'll be flipping town...

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote: Now he is stating that it isn't a downside to lynch a town.
...For what? A "
psuedo
" clear to his name.
If you flip town I get no pseudo-clear. Your statement here indicates you misunderstand my argument. Only if you flip scum do I get a pseudo clear.

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote:
Accountant <------- Slight Scum
XX also claimed that Accountant was scummy. Is Accountant next once you find out I'm town after a failed lynch?
I said no such thing. The scope of my statement only discusses what XX had to say about the relationship between myself and you.

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote: Also,
1. You have said so yourself that it is scummy to summarize what is going on, instead of analytically moving forward. <- Ironic
I summarized your behavior in order to build a case on you. Your summary from eariler in the game was 'this happened and then this happened and then this happened. I still don't have any idea who is scum or town. The end.'

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote: 2. You have been quick to cast shade on others and have even admitted to scummy behavior, and you ALSO voted for XX.
Who have a cast shade on other than you and XX?
Yes, I voted for XX, as did a number of town members. This game includes only two scum - five people voted to lynch XX. That means that
at minimum
three townies also voted to lynch XX.
The fact that you and I voted for XX is not the point here. The point here is that you were voting for XX at the same time that you scum-read me for pushing an XX lynch. Your vote, and your behavior, do not match.

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote: 3. And because I have said that I did not want attention to fall off you, you are now throwing me into the ring for being lynched.
You are misunderstanding the chronology if this series of events.

Spoiler:
In post 273, fruitsman wrote: You have been making claims and assertively attempting to lay down a foundation of credibility throughout your posts, while deflecting calls of being scum by simply reposting what you put and trying to claim that it's okay. You have done ALOT of back-tracking.
I want more thoughts on this.
Please be more specific.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”