ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 359, Prism wrote:Frozen's play is probably worth a metadive and I'll try to get around to it another day. To answer Gamma, I did RQS because I thought it would be useful. I didn't spend too much time thinking them up, they were just the first ones I thought of in 2-3 minutes, but they all have a purpose. What answer did you expect from a scum vs. town me here?
In post 357, ironstove wrote:I'm not, but I want to see frozen lynched and if me flipping town proves my fos isn't scum motivated then maybe you guys will listen.
This is a pretty big overreaction. Does your FOS have even a 50% chance of being mafia? If you're town, there's 9 other town and 3 mafia. I wouldn't be so eager to jump into giving us something that's likely a double mislynch. Saying this just makes me want to lynch you hoping you're mafia and then subsequently discard your FoS if you flip town, and that's not the thought you want to inspire in anyone.[quote="In
In post 351, BATORU wrote:
In post 350, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Ironstove
I think this is frozen's town game

This guy is scum
Agreed
Can you expound on this? The reasoning isn't immediately clear to me.
This is a pretty scummy post. How exactly can I determine if my fos has a '50% chance they are mafia'?

What is this bs that you are pulling out of your a$$?
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by BATORU »

I wanna know why u think he's town gerry

-tama

Predit: It was bad because I felt like it was scummy at the time.

Your reaction implies focus on people's reads on you (which was supported by a lack of direction in your posting from when I ISOd you earlier) and a lack of sincerity. The latter could be because it was joke-esque, but it didn't feel like it flowed naturally.

I'm really bad at explaining myself now i kind of dread posting this

whatevs
Batoru!! Hydra of Impoetic & JaeReed
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by BATORU »

In post 375, ironstove wrote:
In post 359, Prism wrote:Frozen's play is probably worth a metadive and I'll try to get around to it another day. To answer Gamma, I did RQS because I thought it would be useful. I didn't spend too much time thinking them up, they were just the first ones I thought of in 2-3 minutes, but they all have a purpose. What answer did you expect from a scum vs. town me here?
In post 357, ironstove wrote:I'm not, but I want to see frozen lynched and if me flipping town proves my fos isn't scum motivated then maybe you guys will listen.
This is a pretty big overreaction. Does your FOS have even a 50% chance of being mafia? If you're town, there's 9 other town and 3 mafia. I wouldn't be so eager to jump into giving us something that's likely a double mislynch. Saying this just makes me want to lynch you hoping you're mafia and then subsequently discard your FoS if you flip town, and that's not the thought you want to inspire in anyone.[quote="In
In post 351, BATORU wrote:
In post 350, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Ironstove
I think this is frozen's town game

This guy is scum
Agreed
Can you expound on this? The reasoning isn't immediately clear to me.
This is a pretty scummy post. How exactly can I determine if my fos has a '50% chance they are mafia'?

You can determine what your read on them is given the fact that there are more town than mafia.

Why would you risk burning out at least 1 and possibly 2 MLs just to get your scumread lynched "after you flip town" when your scumread isn't even certain? It's d1, and there was already a wagon on your scumread, and there are 3 mafia.
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by BATORU »

-Tama
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 376, BATORU wrote: Your reaction implies focus on people's reads on you (which was supported by a lack of direction in your posting from when I ISOd you earlier) and a lack of sincerity. The latter could be because it was joke-esque, but it didn't feel like it flowed naturally.
well you're half right; I tend to respond when people talk about me, a sort of cocktail effect.

as for sincerity idk what there was to be sincere about.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Post by BATORU »

Your alignment? Your internal reaction to someone saying they don't TR you?

-tama
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by BATORU »

In post 379, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 376, BATORU wrote: Your reaction implies focus on people's reads on you (which was supported by a lack of direction in your posting from when I ISOd you earlier) and a lack of sincerity. The latter could be because it was joke-esque, but it didn't feel like it flowed naturally.
well you're half right; I tend to respond when people talk about me, a sort of cocktail effect.
Sure, I do that as town, but I don't feel the need to respond when I have nothing to say.

-tama
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 380, BATORU wrote:Your alignment? Your internal reaction to someone saying they don't TR you?

-tama
do you start to townread people because they say they're town?
last.fm
gtkas
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by BATORU »

No, but I start to scumread people when I think responses look like they put time/effort into trying to look town.

And when they dumbtell about why I think something.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 383, BATORU wrote:No, but I start to scumread people when I think responses look like they put time/effort into trying to look town.

did me calling your dilemma over your read on this slot a "quandary of the century" seem like me putting time and effort to look town?
last.fm
gtkas
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by pisskop »

:o

naked votes. i was beginning to feel left out
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by pisskop »

@iron

do you understand what prism is saying. why are you gettong hostile a bout I t
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 364, drealmerz7 wrote:drealmerz7 casts his finger of suspicion on Nosferatu

FoS Nosferatu
y ru not voting it

is bt4u scummier still
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:44 pm

Post by BATORU »

In post 384, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 383, BATORU wrote:No, but I start to scumread people when I think responses look like they put time/effort into trying to look town.

did me calling your dilemma over your read on this slot a "quandary of the century" seem like me putting time and effort to look town?
It looked like you paying attention to your response. No one else is questioning what I mean here and my trying to explain it cogently would probably be a wasted effort.

You're still on a liability-vote. Or do you think drealmer is scum?
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by ironstove »

Usually my reads are on point
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Alright tired of waiting for drealmerz to answer I guess
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Dunnstral casts his finger of suspicion on Nosferatu

FoS Nosferatu

Just played a game with him where we were both scum...... he might be scum again based on what I'm seeing
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 389, ironstove wrote:Usually my reads are on point
Why do you think Mega Frozen is scum?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 212, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 107, Sondam wrote:Ah, okay. Dunn seems to have a few votes on him already. But he scum claimed in that post I quoted.

Gamma is town. This is fairly easy already.

~G
In post 108, Sondam wrote:VOTE: Dunn
In post 111, Sondam wrote:Anyone who thinks Dunn didn't scum claim in that post is scum with him.

~G
In post 127, Sondam wrote:
In post 124, Dunnstral wrote:I have no clue who's saying what
Shouldn't you be more worried about how you literally scumclaimed lol

~G
In post 129, Sondam wrote:Gerry even I don't see it so why don't you explain
~M
Explain these posts
In post 214, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 105, Sondam wrote:
In post 46, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 28, ironstove wrote:I have spell-reflect, it lets me fire back the first spell that is cast on me. So CURSE YOU!
Wait

How does this work? Wouldn't it give whoever targets you the spell to reflect back other spells in exchange for what they used?

Probably shouldn't have claimed
scum claim.
and this
Don't make me keep posting this
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 375, ironstove wrote:This is a pretty scummy post. How exactly can I determine if my fos has a '50% chance they are mafia'?

That's the point, given that any player drawn at random has a 25% chance of being scum, are you even confident in your read doubling that chance? Chances are your current FOS is not 2x more accurate than a name drawn at random, regardless of how good of a player you are. This goes even more when you yourself said you weren't that sure. That chance was arbitrary to demonstrate my point-why rush into something that's more likely than not a back to back mislynch as town?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:30 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 367, BATORU wrote:(with the mindset that they're town and a lot of "am I crazy?" and "find another ML to push"-type stuff + some other posts I'd have to go back and quote to explain)
Do mafia go out of their way to look like they have a mafia mindset?
In post 367, BATORU wrote:JaeReed thought your vote on the wagon was odd and I don't think it was SvS odd.
What's odd about it? I explained it pretty clearly (and more than once, out of necessity). Jumping to considering SvS here is really puzzling to me as well, unless you scumread both of us which is not what you've expressed.
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:37 pm

Post by BATORU »

Prism wrote:
In post 367, BATORU wrote:(with the mindset that they're town and a lot of "am I crazy?" and "find another ML to push"-type stuff + some other posts I'd have to go back and quote to explain)
Do mafia go out of their way to look like they have a mafia mindset?
In post 367, BATORU wrote:JaeReed thought your vote on the wagon was odd and I don't think it was SvS odd.
What's odd about it? I explained it pretty clearly (and more than once, out of necessity).
Jumping to considering SvS here is really puzzling to me as well, unless you scumread both of us which is not what you've expressed
I actually didn't want that outed so early but eh I didn't exactly tell my hydra partner that I was taking the wait and see approach there so that's my bad. I'll leave the first section for her.

My issue with your vote on the wagon was that it felt very opportunistic. The general feel of the thread seemed to just start edging towards more people scumreading Mega Frozen. Fire Assassin outed a scumread on them, and then you voted following that, whilst citing a post that you had previously responded to with seeming polite gratitude as a reason. It didn't sit right with me. It felt like you were trying to find a reason to go with the flow and blend in.

I don't get what you mean by the underlined. What do you feel we've expressed that rules out considering possible partner interactions at that time?

~Ruko
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:38 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 333, Nosferatu wrote:dunno how I feel about wisdom not spamming the thread too.
Dont have time for anything other than skimming till around monday
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:36 am

Post by Prism »

In post 396, BATORU wrote:The general feel of the thread seemed to just start edging towards more people scumreading Mega Frozen. Fire Assassin outed a scumread on them, and then you voted following that, whilst citing a post that you had previously responded to with seeming polite gratitude as a reason. It didn't sit right with me. It felt like you were trying to find a reason to go with the flow and blend in.
Let's review the timeline here. In #184 I take issue with a question that to me seemed pretty pointless, in the sense that it didn't help discern my alignment. Frozen immediately responds explaining that it's to see what bothers me.

In post #190, I first pointed out the discrepancy between what I said and Frozen's description. Additionally, I made it very clear that I only considered Frozen's response to 184 courteous
if true

Fire's FoS is given in #217 and I follow it up with my vote in #220
In post 220, Prism wrote:#185 is some pretty accusatory language putting something in my mouth, and while their stated reason behind the question is courteous, I'm not really sure I buy it. My impression of it was that it was a question for the sake of it.
The last part is what you're referring to as strange. Yet, I expressed skepticism of the purpose of the question
twice
before Fire's FoS or my vote, once by asking directly and once by implying I didn't necessarily believe it. The fact I'd cite not believing it, then, should not be a surprise. Additionally, I make it clear in the posts thereafter that the main reason I am voting for them is not the original question but about their description of my statements on Dunn/iron-and expound on that indepth in the subsequent posts, which I considered much worse.

Timeline shows I definitely wasn't just following Fire.
In post 396, BATORU wrote:It felt like you were trying to find a reason to go with the flow and blend in.
Following up on this section, what was your judgement of my point on Frozen's misinterpretation of my post (later plausibly explained by Frozen)? Did you not find it scummy prior to resolution? Why not?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:30 am

Post by Prism »

I thought I had submitted a post containing my answers to my own questions-it appears that was not the case.

1) What's your favorite game of mafia? What happened?
I was scum, and leveraged a player's ego and obsession with proving themselves my better for my own use. I got them to purposely scumread me knowing they'd blow the subsequent 3 way out of arrogance. I was right. The player considered the game a moral victory. Next favorite would be the time I confidently declared I would hammer all three mafia back to back, and proceeded to go 0/4. There's a lesson in both of these-egos lose games.

2) Do you feel like you get lynched more as town or scum? What do you think the typical reasoning is?
I get lynched more as town. My mafia game is considerably stronger above my town game. I fake a lot of common towntells as mafia, but make no effort to fake them as town. The result is the ironic perception that I'm being "less town than normal" the games I am actually town.

3) Describe your mindset when playing scum. Eg. Is your main focus to towntell, to set up mislynches, to set up your partners, to bruteforce a win yourself?
I prefer to trade myself for two mislynches by bruteforcing one mislynch then framing someone else to go down with me afterwards. I let my partners do the rest. I do not like to be the scum making a deep run.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”