Newbie 1756: Balloon (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:15 pm

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 669, thatsit wrote:what i said before. he pushed on you when misa was being lynched, but did nothing to really defend misa. #555
In post 490, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 481, Transcend wrote: Manny:Are you still satisfied with your vote?
Yes i am. I think the Tweet wagon has way to much resistance compared to the Misa push and the WCS wagon earlier in the game.
In post 503, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 496, Transcend wrote: Hmm
What do you think of the ppl voting misa tho
There is lots of tweet resistance, but it could be a bunch of town not wanting to vote her?
I am still scumreading Accountant and i think the main resistance is coming from him without openly defending Tweet.
Still think you are town for the reason stated earlier.
WCS got convinced by Accountant to change his vote.
Not sure about Norska still have him as Null.

Yes thats true but noone is really defending her or saying i am wrong. Instead suddenly everbody seems to scumread Misa for PoE.
1) I thought Misa could be scum when she kept pushing on WCS. She should have realized that he slipped PR and kept quiet.
2) I will not "defend" someone i think is likely scum just to be lynched for it once they flip red.
3) There where 0 arguments to defend her against as the reason to vote her was PoE something i pointed out.
4) I pushed the 2 ppl i thought are more likely to be scum.

So tell me what exactly are you scumreading me for?
And why cant your argument apply to Tweet?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

I'm starting to like Manuel more and more.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:04 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 2.1

[1] NorskaBlue (Transcend)

[6] Not Voting (Accountant, Charloux, Manuel87, Morning Tweet, NorskaBlue, thatsit)

With 7 alive, it is 4 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-12-09 11:00:00)
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:53 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Charloux was prodded, although I am giving an extra day for response due to the holiday last weekend.
beefycheese
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Charloux »

Sadly there was no holiday here, Just books...
Still think Norska is the likeliest scum here!
NorskaBlue
NorskaBlue
Goon
NorskaBlue
Goon
Goon
Location: Jeg er ikke norsk. Hvis du spør meg noe i norsk, kan jeg ikke hjelpe deg.

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:43 am

Post by NorskaBlue »

@Accountant: Still very much in the dark, to be honest. Thatsit jumps out at me, simply because there is very little useful content coming from him. However, he hasn't really done anything that I haven't also done, so he could just be a newb!townie. Pretty much neutral on Manuel. Taking a step back and examining my own ISO, I think I may have jumped to a conclusion too quickly with regards to my townread on Transcend.

How do we lynch the roleblocker? We are having trouble as it is finding out who is scum, without narrowing it down further. Is there some sign or technique I should know about?

@Morning Tweet: Out of the three, you seem most likely to be town. But I'm not confident on any of my reads at the moment.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I did not defend Misa either as far as I can remember, but her tone was nagging me as town.

She was pinging Transcend too, but apparently he thought it'd be worth it to overkill vote her after he mistakenly thought she'd already been hammered (??). We weren't as close in thought process as I believed smh.

@Charloux How do you feel about Norska's ?

@Norska As far as I know you cannot distinguish rber from goon. I sure didn't alter my play in my previous game due to being roleblocker.

Also I asked about your unknown pile as your scumreads would be in there. Accountant asked for your reads, though, and there were no scumreads to be found. Oh, this reminds me of something!

@Manuel How do you feel about Norska's reads? Specifically *cough*
having no scumreads
*cough*
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Accountant »

I don't know of any specific technique for lynching the roleblocker; you'll have to ask Transcend about that.

Norska, do you have no scumreads at all?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
NorskaBlue
NorskaBlue
Goon
NorskaBlue
Goon
Goon
Location: Jeg er ikke norsk. Hvis du spør meg noe i norsk, kan jeg ikke hjelpe deg.

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by NorskaBlue »

Well, I had scumreads on Misa and WCSBO, and look how that turned out. Obviously the things that give me scumreads are incorrect, so I'm reevaluating. If I had a gun to my head I'd say thatsit and manuel are my strongest scumreads, but I'm definitely not confident about them. I don't want to jump to any conclusions.
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 681, Morning Tweet wrote: @Manuel How do you feel about Norska's reads? Specifically *cough*
having no scumreads
*cough*
He hasnt explained any of his reads neither town nor scum and as you pointed out he has no real scumreads.
On top of that it seems his reads didnt change after the flip. Look at his last readlist take out the 2 dead townies and you end up with what he just said.
Could be newbie!scum trying to not say something that would bring attention to him.

@Norska: Why are Accountant and Transcend your top townreads?
Why do you think Tweet is the most townie out of Thatsit, her and myself?

@Tweet: You asked me and Charloux questions about Norska do you think he is scum?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:09 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 2.2 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[1] NorskaBlue (Transcend)

[6] Not Voting (Accountant, Charloux, Manuel87, Morning Tweet, NorskaBlue, thatsit)

With 7 alive, it is 4 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-12-09 11:00:00)
beefycheese
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Accountant »

VOTE: Transcend

This vote stays until Transcend gets back from his mysterious and conveniently timed AWOL.

Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 681, Morning Tweet wrote: @Charloux How do you feel about Norska's ?
I see no town motivation in being overly cautious.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by Transcend »

I'm sorry, when I fuck up day 1, I tend to lose motivation quite a bit for day 2.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:28 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

thatsit was prodded.
beefycheese
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Accountant »

Given that most Day 1s end in a town lynch, are you claiming that you lose motivation D2 like clockwork every time you draw town? I dob't really buy that; heck, you seemed eager enough to advocate for a lynch(on me or Tweet) earlier in the day.

thatsit
thatsit
Townie
thatsit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:43 am

Post by thatsit »

noot noot

sorry I have been very very busy with UC apps/other apps recently. I will become more active soon
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Morning Tweet, NorskaBlue, Manuel87 were prodded.
beefycheese
NorskaBlue
NorskaBlue
Goon
NorskaBlue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:20 pm

Post by NorskaBlue »

Got my app in this morning so my v/la is over.
On top of that it seems his reads didn't change after the flip. Look at his last readlist take out the 2 dead townies and you end up with what he just said. Could be newbie!scum trying to not say something that would bring attention to him.
Pre-flip I read Accountant as town due to her being the biggest driving force behind the game, and she still is. I was leaning town with Tweet for similar reasons, and she still is. I was leaning scum with thatsit due to his low activity, and he has still been fairly inactive. I was neutral with you because for me nothing in your ISO jumps out as scum or town, and that is still the case. So yes, my pre- and post- night reads are similar, because there hasn't been anything major to shift them.
Why are Accountant and Transcend your top townreads?
Why do you think Tweet is the most townie out of Thatsit, her and myself?
Accountant has had, in my opinion, the largest impact on the game. She's been consistent in questioning everyone and has been pushing the scumhunt more than anyone else. I felt the same about Transcend earlier in the game, although recently he hasn't been as convincing, hence why he has slipped down in my readlist. Tweet is the most townie out of the three because she is the more reliable in her investigations and judgments between her and you, although as I said, it's not a massive gap.

I don't have any scumreads because I don't know who is scum. I thought I did, and I was wrong.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:22 pm

Post by Accountant »

Do you think that I would have less impact on the game if I drew scum?

Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:43 am

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 693, NorskaBlue wrote: Pre-flip I read Accountant as town due to her being the biggest driving force behind the game, and she still is. I was leaning town with Tweet for similar reasons, and she still is. I was leaning scum with thatsit due to his low activity, and he has still been fairly inactive. I was neutral with you because for me nothing in your ISO jumps out as scum or town, and that is still the case. So yes, my pre- and post- night reads are similar, because there hasn't been anything major to shift them.
You should think about the Misa flip. From what you say it seems you are totaly ignoring the fact that we lynched someone yesterday.
Lynches are the biggest source of information for town and if you are town you should think about how that lynch progressed.
In post 693, NorskaBlue wrote: Tweet is the most townie out of the three because she is the more reliable in her investigations and judgments between her and you, although as I said, it's not a massive gap.
Why do you think Tweet was a driving force day one? Did you disagree with any points in my case against her yesterday? If so why didnt you say something back then?

What is your read on Charloux right now?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Accountant »

Guys, I can catch scum, but I can't lynch them until you guys get back on and post. I'm firmly convinced there's at least 1 scum hiding in the inactive players and faking apathy to take advantage of this. Don't let him or her do that.

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:34 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Tfw you thought you replied but didn't actually submit it
In post 684, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 681, Morning Tweet wrote: @Manuel How do you feel about Norska's reads? Specifically *cough*
having no scumreads
*cough*
@Tweet: You asked me and Charloux questions about Norska do you think he is scum?
I still have a townlean on Norska. I was asking you about his reads to see how consistently you scumread people with no scumreads. In hindsight, hinting at it probably made it pointless.
In post 686, Accountant wrote:VOTE: Transcend

This vote stays until Transcend gets back from his mysterious and conveniently timed AWOL.
What would you say is convenient about it?
In post 687, Charloux wrote:
In post 681, Morning Tweet wrote: @Charloux How do you feel about Norska's ?
I see no town motivation in being overly cautious.
It is less "overly cautious", and more "extremely self preserving". Lines up with my townread on him. Apologetic when he thinks he's done something wrong, very concerned about staying alive. I realize that sounds scummy, but he's outright telling us he'd cowardly go along with any lynch to keep himself alive for another day. Really reminded me of someone who I used to play mafia with on his first game.

@Accountant That's Transcend, Manuel, thatsit, Norska, and I being inactive at the time. If you're town, it's impossible for scum not to be in that pile :mrgreen:

Although I'd have to agree being inactive is helping scum, not town.

{thatsit}
{Norska, Charloux}
{Manuel}
{Accountant}
{Transcend}

VOTE: Transcend

I think we need to pull Transcend back into the game regardless of alignment. His hammer still makes 0 sense to me and I'm not willing to let it go just yet.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Charloux »

I was blocked from posting(again). I found the reason this time though: The whole building shares the same IP address for some reason; So, if there was an idiot who decided to insult feminists online, then the whole building would get blocked from some sites for a couple of days. Karma struck him and he got detained.

I don't really understand the development on Transcend though.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by Transcend »

Neither

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”