Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:28 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Ramcius: your playstyle reminds me of aggressive town that is completely willing to embrace your paranoidness. I notice that you said that you "bite" if you get attacked by baseless accusations. I presume you would not respond well to a short-term "You are scum" accusation. Since Charloux has indicated that he'd respond similarly, has this changed how you have viewed Charloux at all, since you must be able to relate with this?
In post 98, Ramcius wrote:you can't scumread Accountant for asking questions and being passive, he's IC in newbie game, so it's sorta what he supposed to do, let us do stuff and guide, atleast on start of game
In post 95, Charloux wrote:
In post 92, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm saying scum has less motivation to provide more content.
If someone enjoys playing scum, i think they would put in more effort, don't ya think?
another slip? [...] scum always avoid give content, and you try convince Gamma opposite, and how you know Accountant enjoy playing scum? He told in mafia PT?
I also personally think you should reign in on making posts like these. I feel that you're finding evidence to help you explain your personal thought on scum!Charloux, rather than the other way around. While I can see this from paranoid + aggressive town you, I can also see this from scum you trying to hide behind a "slip". Instead, you should focus on trying to articulate to the thread what feels off about Charloux instead of focusing on things like slips. While working off of slips sounds good theoretically, it is often clouded by speaking out of POV, humour, rxn testing, etc.
I have a read on Charloux myself that I will likely share after you respond.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:46 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 125, Mewtaph wrote:Ramcius: your playstyle reminds me of aggressive town that is completely willing to embrace your paranoidness. I notice that you said that you "bite" if you get attacked by baseless accusations. I presume you would not respond well to a short-term "You are scum" accusation. Since Charloux has indicated that he'd respond similarly, has this changed how you have viewed Charloux at all, since you must be able to relate with this?
In post 98, Ramcius wrote:you can't scumread Accountant for asking questions and being passive, he's IC in newbie game, so it's sorta what he supposed to do, let us do stuff and guide, atleast on start of game
In post 95, Charloux wrote:
In post 92, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm saying scum has less motivation to provide more content.
If someone enjoys playing scum, i think they would put in more effort, don't ya think?
another slip? [...] scum always avoid give content, and you try convince Gamma opposite, and how you know Accountant enjoy playing scum? He told in mafia PT?
I also personally think you should reign in on making posts like these. I feel that you're finding evidence to help you explain your personal thought on scum!Charloux, rather than the other way around. While I can see this from paranoid + aggressive town you, I can also see this from scum you trying to hide behind a "slip". Instead, you should focus on trying to articulate to the thread what feels off about Charloux instead of focusing on things like slips. While working off of slips sounds good theoretically, it is often clouded by speaking out of POV, humour, rxn testing, etc.
I have a read on Charloux myself that I will likely share after you respond.
i didn't call him scum yet, i just point out things that pings me and wait his responses

if someone blatantly call me scum? Probably i would laugh, maybe mock a little that person
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:13 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 84, Ramcius wrote:nice wall you got here, and all this true, if we assume Charloux is town, which is opposite to what i'm saying
Ramcius wrote: i didn't call him scum yet, i just point out things that pings me and wait his responses

if someone blatantly call me scum? Probably i would laugh, maybe mock a little that person
Your read on Charloux is still unclear. Has something happened from that post and now to change your perspective? What was it?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:23 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 110, Charloux wrote:Ouch and were intended for you, but i guess it was too forceful.
Explain please, I don't follow.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:03 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 128, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 110, Charloux wrote:Ouch and were intended for you, but i guess it was too forceful.
Explain please, I don't follow.
I'd be troubled if you could, since it was meant for only Accountant to understand. I asked for his opinion in #87, and since he didn't respond, i added the last sentence of #107. I'm basically gambling that he is town, and it seems it backfired.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:08 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 127, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 84, Ramcius wrote:nice wall you got here, and all this true, if we assume Charloux is town, which is opposite to what i'm saying
Ramcius wrote: i didn't call him scum yet, i just point out things that pings me and wait his responses

Your read on Charloux is still unclear. Has something happened from that post and now to change your perspective? What was it?
nothing changed, i'm leaning on scum, but not convinced to push lynch just yet
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:16 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 129, Charloux wrote:I'd be troubled if you could, since it was meant for only Accountant to understand. I asked for his opinion in #87, and since he didn't respond, i added the last sentence of #107. I'm basically gambling that he is town, and it seems it backfired.
That's contextually untrue. 87 was clearly a response to Ramcius' 86. Explain clearly how anyone could possibly interpret 87 as asking me for my opinion, and explain what you were attempting to achieve with it.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:25 am

Post by Charloux »

"get the fuck off my back, don't ask why"
I tried asking you if you think he is playing that way because he is a PR. It also served the purpose of baiting you because i don't really think we can catch you using controversial means if you are scum.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:31 am

Post by Accountant »

I don't buy that your town read on me was so strong that you'd be willing to risk tipping me off to the fact that he might be a PR. Furthermore, you indicated earlier that such a mentality was in fact indicative of scum and not PR.
I'll go on a limb here and say you are using an alter-ego in this game, or you are just bad with pressure hence taking an aggressive approach to fend off any potential attacks on your slot. I don't see town mentality there.
I would also like to us how you intended to bait me with that question. Suppose I am scum. What did you expect me to do in response to the question, and how would that help you catch me?

Please clearly explain this discrepancy.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 133, Accountant wrote:I don't buy that your town read on me was so strong that you'd be willing to risk tipping me off to the fact that he might be a PR. Furthermore, you indicated earlier that such a mentality was in fact indicative of scum and not PR.
No, you are null to me. And why would i say something like: His personality is indicative of him being scum or a PR? What would happen if i did? I needed a second opinion and you looked like a good choice.
In post 133, Accountant wrote:
I'll go on a limb here and say you are using an alter-ego in this game, or you are just bad with pressure hence taking an aggressive approach to fend off any potential attacks on your slot. I don't see town mentality there.
I would also like to us how you intended to bait me with that question. Suppose I am scum. What did you expect me to do in response to the question, and how would that help you catch me? Please clearly explain this discrepancy.
If you were scum i expected you to feign ignorance and then just try and NK/RB him. If you said something like "I think so" I'd treat you as town.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:30 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 134, Charloux wrote:If you were scum i expected you to feign ignorance and then just try and NK/RB him. If you said something like "I think so" I'd treat you as town.
And what would your plan be for the next day? Would you have told the town "hey, I think Accountant is scum because he didn't respond to a post I made all the way back in page 4, and then the PR died"? No, I think that's a shaky plan, and I'd expect you to come up with something better if it was really a plan to ensnare scum!Accountant.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:31 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 134, Charloux wrote:No, you are null to me. And why would i say something like: His personality is indicative of him being scum or a PR? What would happen if i did? I needed a second opinion and you looked like a good choice.
If you're trying to figure out whether he's scum or a PR, I'm not sure why you'd vote him.

Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Charloux »

Sorry, but i won't reveal all my cards without a fight.
In post 136, Accountant wrote:
In post 134, Charloux wrote:No, you are null to me. And why would i say something like: His personality is indicative of him being scum or a PR? What would happen if i did? I needed a second opinion and you looked like a good choice.
If you're trying to figure out whether he's scum or a PR, I'm not sure why you'd vote him.
I voted him before i came to the conclusion of him being a pr. Even if i thought he might be a PR before voting him, he didn't have a single vote at that time, so there is no danger of him claiming.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:00 am

Post by Ramcius »

now you sound like cornered mafia - why town would say that? Or you still think Accountant is mafia?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:42 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 138, Ramcius wrote:now you sound like cornered mafia - why town would say that? Or you still think Accountant is mafia?
Yep, i am cornered, but i'm not mafia. I'd rather risk myself be mislynched than spill the beans. Why would town say what? Everything i said was labeled as scummy so i don't know what you're talking about. I'm not saying Acc is scum, but do you think you can catch him if he is?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:31 am

Post by Ramcius »

it's never about catching, but about convincing town to vote right person, and your refusal to spil beans as you say and you not sure if accountant is scum looks weird
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:07 am

Post by Charloux »

I end up being a burden to town in most of my games, i feel kind of pathetic.
There is a way for my actions so far to be seen as town, but most people here are too paranoid to think about it. Now then, telling the whole truth will reduce the chance of town winning a lot. Getting myself lynched would have the same effect, so i think i'll risk it and hope i don't get lynched.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 105, Accountant wrote:Gamma, talk to me about VVD. I have a nullread on him and I want to know why you think he's town.
Hadn't responded to this yet because I have notes on what I saw in my catchup. VVD's concern about Charloux's hammer threat seemed towny.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

btw I deleted my notes on accident so I just have my rainbow list to go off of from there.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

nydushermain has been prodded
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Sorry! I haven't actually been gone, I've been following the game but don't know what to think. On one hand, I feel like accountant is the scummiest but on the other hand, I feel like if he flips town, we lost our most active town member. I will say though that Charloux feels a bit townier. I feel like his posts seems like town frustration. For now, I won't be taking my vote off of accountant because I think this is our best chance of hitting scum.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Something about Gamma feels fake to me. I feel like he might be a tad bit lazy but I can't really tell. Not sure if this is alignment indicative though but if I had to pick a side, I'd say it's a tad bit scummier. Either way, I probably wouldn't vote on him today unless it was between him and someone I found to be absolutely town. I'll give my full list of town/scum in a rainbow list when I get home but if people need something to talk about, I would say that a wagon on accountant is quite good. Also, I know that I said in the previous post 145 that Charloux sounded townier because of tone, I don't town lean him so if we can't lynch accountant, I would be complacent with a charloux lynch. To be honest, I'm kind of just waiting for a flip of some kind so that I can dig into ISOs.
Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Townie
Van_Veacesalv_Dulca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by Van_Veacesalv_Dulca »

Yep, so I already feel out of my depth in this game :/ Sorry everyone for being inactive, I have been a little unreliably attached to the internet for the last 2-3 days.
In post 65, Accountant wrote:@Van: So, to be clear, you think that forming lynches on players is okay, but you think mindlessly hopping onto wagons is bad, right?
Yes, I think mindless wagon hopping is bad. Forming Lynches is more case by case dependent. If I think someone is town, but people are forming a lynch on them and I can't understand the argument, I will become suspicious of those players, and equally so those that vote for the player without adding their own thoughts.

I still hold my suspicions on Charloux, and Accountant, though could someone correct me if I am wrong on Accountants [quote="In post 83 but is this an example of wine in front of me? I don't fully understand the concept, but the only other game I played (different site), people told me wine in front of me was scummy because it reduces the ability to properly argue against it or something along those lines.

I am also suspicious of Gamma for town reading me? I didn't think I had done enough of anything to form a solid read on me. - Nevermind, sorry, I missed a few posts it seems I haven't decided if this point is mute yet though I am leaning no, that seems very little to go off of in my opinion

owo
Show
owo
Hi

I am Van Veacesalv Dulca, but you can call me Van Veacesalv Dulva
owo
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 147, Van_Veacesalv_Dulca wrote:Yep, so I already feel out of my depth in this game :/ Sorry everyone for being inactive, I have been a little unreliably attached to the internet for the last 2-3 days.
In post 65, Accountant wrote:@Van: So, to be clear, you think that forming lynches on players is okay, but you think mindlessly hopping onto wagons is bad, right?
Yes, I think mindless wagon hopping is bad. Forming Lynches is more case by case dependent. If I think someone is town, but people are forming a lynch on them and I can't understand the argument, I will become suspicious of those players, and equally so those that vote for the player without adding their own thoughts.

I still hold my suspicions on Charloux, and Accountant, though could someone correct me if I am wrong on Accountants [quote="In post 83 but is this an example of wine in front of me? I don't fully understand the concept, but the only other game I played (different site), people told me wine in front of me was scummy because it reduces the ability to properly argue against it or something along those lines.

I am also suspicious of Gamma for town reading me? I didn't think I had done enough of anything to form a solid read on me. - Nevermind, sorry, I missed a few posts it seems I haven't decided if this point is mute yet though I am leaning no, that seems very little to go off of in my opinion

owo
Not sure if you're confused of what "WIFOM" means or not but if it is, it's the equivalent of people claiming that they wouldn't do certain thing or would do certain things depending on their alignments. For example, if Susie says "well if I were mafia, I would never be this nice," that's WIFOM because we can't possibly know that. Similarly, Susie could also say "if I were mafia, I'd be much more aggressive" which is similar but I wanted to show that it wasn't always someone claiming "I wouldn't do _____."
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Ramcius »

WIFOM isn't scummy :D it's trying predict someone's actions, when they know you going to predict their actions, i. e. there is strong town read or revealed PR, just someone worth saving from night kill, so mafia would assume doc will be on that person, so they won't touch him, and since doc knows mafia would go for other target - he would heal someone else too, to try guess mafia target, that's a WIFOM

VOTE: DBW

i have feeling mafia is coasting while we fight each other, and i warned him, yet he still not interested to do anything

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”