l
n
a
m
e
s
:
]

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Superhans
(L-4): TheDominator37
Lovesick
(L-5): Nachomamma8, ConnorJC

Rautherdir
(L-4): LicketyQuickety
:!:
TheDominator37
(L-3): Nachomamma8, ConnorJC

Not voting
(5): Lovesick, toblerone187, FancyPants, Superhans, Rautherdir

M
o
d
n
o
t
e
s
:
K
e
e
p
i
t
f
u
n
!

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
:
(expired on 2016-12-30 14:00:00)
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 222, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 221, Lovesick wrote::mad:
In post 214, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 113, Lovesick wrote:What's the cause of this bandwagon on me again? Inactivity? That's a bit unfair if you ask me considering i was asleep during all of the activity. (I wont be quoting posts because my only available source of playing this is my phone so I don't know how to format my posts with quotations on this particular forum)
I got townreads on a few of the players who were around early game because it seemed like they were hitting the ground running; you didn't. I made the vote with the knowledge that I could be taking it off shortly after you showed up and posted; that doesn't necessarily mean that it's time wasted.
This is a bit of an old post, but as I had stated. I had made a post to aknowledge the fact that the game has started instead of just not posting at all as I knew my day would be busy and I wasn't aware at which time the activity would spike up since I have never played with any of the people here. My problem wasn't with you voting, it was Superhan's wagon which troubled me as I believe that two (Arguably three as Connor later on hopped onto it) players trying to pressure me is a bit too much and time wasting as those other two votes could've been used on other players to get a rise out of them as well, hurrying the process of gathering information
I'd argue that getting information from exceptionally lurky players is better than gettting some out of an active one.

Now, can you please start contributing to finding scum and stop solely defending yourself
Have my recent posts other than the one which you just quoted based on defending myself? I simply responded to Nacho as he had quoted my post.

I'd argue that pursuing information from more than one player at once is much more reasonable and logical than ganging up on one member who at that time wasnt reachable, is that not true?
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 217, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 215, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 213, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 211, Lovesick wrote:
In post 205, ConnorJC wrote:I like keeping the pressure in inactive players to give us some content. I can't read what I can't read.
For now I'll keep LoveSick in the back of my mind. I'd like to see more scumhunting and less self-defense from her, though.

UNVOTE: LoveSick
VOTE: TheDominator37
Here's the wagon. Why not pressure other players instead of chasing after the ones Nacho keeps picking? It seems to be a trend of yours to do so. Obviously this cant just be you siding with a scum buddy but why waste time on the same person rather than pursue on other players' cases?
Wait, am I following nacho's votes? I didn't intend to do so.

I've been scumreading dom for awhile now, and its lack of content is starting to look scummier and scummier.
You will make a fine smith one day.
If you genuinely think so, sure. But just to clarify: if you're scum, complimenting me isn't going to get me to townread you.
In post 105 LQ also said I was intelligent (I thought this was a classic example of brown nosing at the time).
In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote: Connor is a Town read for jumping the gun and trying to get result before anything is conclusive. You are a (slight [which you misinterpreted]) Scum read for fishing for info in a way that is not clearly town mindset. You are smart which is why I am saying this.
You like brown nosing LQ?
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:16 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 226, Lovesick wrote:
In post 113, Lovesick wrote:What's the cause of this bandwagon on me again? Inactivity? That's a bit unfair if you ask me considering i was asleep during all of the activity. (I wont be quoting posts because my only available source of playing this is my phone so I don't know how to format my posts with quotations on this particular forum)
I got townreads on a few of the players who were around early game because it seemed like they were hitting the ground running; you didn't. I made the vote with the knowledge that I could be taking it off shortly after you showed up and posted; that doesn't necessarily mean that it's time wasted.
This is a bit of an old post, but as I had stated. I had made a post to aknowledge the fact that the game has started instead of just not posting at all as I knew my day would be busy and I wasn't aware at which time the activity would spike up since I have never played with any of the people here. My problem wasn't with you voting, it was Superhan's wagon which troubled me as I believe that two (Arguably three as Connor later on hopped onto it) players trying to pressure me is a bit too much and time wasting as those other two votes could've been used on other players to get a rise out of them as well, hurrying the process of gathering information
I'd argue that getting information from exceptionally lurky players is better than gettting some out of an active one.

Now, can you please start contributing to finding scum and stop solely defending yourself
Have my recent posts other than the one which you just quoted based on defending myself? I simply responded to Nacho as he had quoted my post.

I'd argue that pursuing information from more than one player at once is much more reasonable and logical than ganging up on one member who at that time wasnt reachable, is that not true?
Actually, reviewing your ISO, I do agree you're contributing more. It's weird you brought up such an old post just to defend yourself tbh.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 224, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 223, Lovesick wrote: A quick observation is all it was, for future reference more or less and to perhaps get you to target another player instead to save time (Not that we will be running out of it anytime soon..)
Why do you want me to target another player?
Why do you persist on targeting the same player? Is it going to double or triple the amount of information you gather? You're more likely to get information whilst reaching out to a number of players than solely one. That's like having 5 cleaners at a restaurant clean one spot all together when they could all go to different areas and clean them at the same time
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:18 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 226, Lovesick wrote: Have my recent posts other than the one which you just quoted based on defending myself? I simply responded to Nacho as he had quoted my post.

The reason we were all on a single wagon was because of this post:
In post 102, Nachomamma8 wrote:RVS (the opening stage) is typically characterized by voting people for silly reasons. Sometimes I participate, sometimes I don't, but voting early game for a silly reason is as alignment-neutral as alignment-neutral gets.

It's okay to hunt multiple lurkers at once but if one deserves suspicion more than the other two then it seems smarter to combine efforts on one.
Looking back that may not have been the best strategy.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:19 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 228, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 226, Lovesick wrote:

Actually, reviewing your ISO, I do agree you're contributing more. It's weird you brought up such an old post just to defend yourself tbh.
It wasn't me, Nacho had quoted it out of the blue a couple of minutes ago so i responded to him.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:19 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Having 3 votes on one player is way more pressure than having 1 vote on every player.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Rautherdir »

For a variety of reasons, I would like to VOTE: LicketyQuickety

I'll have to leave for a bit, give me questions and I'll answer them in an hour or two.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:20 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Connor v Lovesick = TvT
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:21 am

In post 233, Rautherdir wrote:For a variety of reasons, I would like to VOTE: LicketyQuickety

I'll have to leave for a bit, give me questions and I'll answer them in an hour or two.
Cute. Feel free to make a case based on logic when you get back.

Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 230, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 226, Lovesick wrote: Have my recent posts other than the one which you just quoted based on defending myself? I simply responded to Nacho as he had quoted my post.

The reason we were all on a single wagon was because of this post:
In post 102, Nachomamma8 wrote:RVS (the opening stage) is typically characterized by voting people for silly reasons. Sometimes I participate, sometimes I don't, but voting early game for a silly reason is as alignment-neutral as alignment-neutral gets.

It's okay to hunt multiple lurkers at once but if one deserves suspicion more than the other two then it seems smarter to combine efforts on one.
Looking back that may not have been the best strategy.
Combining your votes on a player who is not reachable is not a smart move at all, it's quite dumb as you could reach out to other players whilst having one player keep pressure on the lurking player and once a certain time period has passed and the player has not responded, that's when you put more pressure on the player. Only because Nacho has a preferred way of playing, it doesnt make it right or logical in some scenarions nor justifiable to follow through with his actions
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 232, ConnorJC wrote:Having 3 votes on one player is way more pressure than having 1 vote on every player.
But had a reasonable amount of time passed where the player had not responded to the original voter to assume that they are willingly keeping inactive?

We have over a week to discuss and scumhunt so why would you feel the need to rush and wagon in on votes? Other players have lives and things going on as well. Hence why you should give them a chance to redeem themselves before jumping in on a wagon that can easily be jumped on by scum and be placed at a disadvantage.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 220, Rautherdir wrote:Superhans, anyone you think is mafia/town right now?
Finding Lovesick insufferable, but that doesn't mean she is mafia, just a terrible townie.

TheDominator is mafia (not an original insight).

LQ is definitely snakelike, but not sure that makes him mafia. Slightly scum leaning I would say for now.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:28 am

Post by ConnorJC »

LQ please respond to
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:30 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Let's just stop discussing the lurker trains now. It's not productive and a waste of time, as it already happened awhile ago, and nobody really seems to be able to find anything exceptionally scummy in them.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 238, Superhans wrote:
In post 220, Rautherdir wrote:Superhans, anyone you think is mafia/town right now?
Finding Lovesick insufferable, but that doesn't mean she is mafia, just a terrible townie.

LQ is definitely snakelike, but not sure that makes him mafia. Slightly scum leaning I would say for now.
Does me trying to help gather information in a more efficient way make me more of a horrible townie? I feel as though you are ignoring what I'm trying to point out which is a flaw of both yours and Connor's but whatever I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:32 am

<3
In post 227, Superhans wrote:
In post 217, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 215, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 213, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 211, Lovesick wrote:
In post 205, ConnorJC wrote:I like keeping the pressure in inactive players to give us some content. I can't read what I can't read.
For now I'll keep LoveSick in the back of my mind. I'd like to see more scumhunting and less self-defense from her, though.

UNVOTE: LoveSick
VOTE: TheDominator37
Here's the wagon. Why not pressure other players instead of chasing after the ones Nacho keeps picking? It seems to be a trend of yours to do so. Obviously this cant just be you siding with a scum buddy but why waste time on the same person rather than pursue on other players' cases?
Wait, am I following nacho's votes? I didn't intend to do so.

I've been scumreading dom for awhile now, and its lack of content is starting to look scummier and scummier.
You will make a fine smith one day.
If you genuinely think so, sure. But just to clarify: if you're scum, complimenting me isn't going to get me to townread you.
In post 105 LQ also said I was intelligent (I thought this was a classic example of brown nosing at the time).
In post 105, LicketyQuickety wrote: Connor is a Town read for jumping the gun and trying to get result before anything is conclusive. You are a (slight [which you misinterpreted]) Scum read for fishing for info in a way that is not clearly town mindset. You are smart which is why I am saying this.
You like brown nosing LQ?
I like commenting on people's (positive) potential in honest ways. I love this game and I want to encourage people to play it, therefore, I will complement people on their play (and other things) if I think they made a good play, I like their mindset or generally just like their vibe.

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:33 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 242, LicketyQuickety wrote: I like commenting on people's (positive) potential in honest ways. I love this game and I want to encourage people to play it, therefore, I will complement people on their play (and other things) if I think they made a good play, I like their mindset or generally just like their vibe.
Fair enough. I don't really see LQ as scum to be honest.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 240, ConnorJC wrote:Let's just stop discussing the lurker trains now. It's not productive and a waste of time, as it already happened awhile ago, and nobody really seems to be able to find anything exceptionally scummy in them.
Is there any other reason you find Denominator scummy or is the activity/lack of content the only reason? Who do you think is likely town and why?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:35 am

In post 241, Lovesick wrote:

Does me trying to help gather information in a more efficient way make me more of a horrible townie? I feel as though you are ignoring what I'm trying to point out which is a flaw of both yours and Connor's but whatever I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's just not how the game works here. Its inefficient because diversifying is not
always
the correct or even optimal play. I like to diversify my Scum reads, but I cannot depend on the rest of Town to follow the same leads that I have.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Superhans »

@ConnorJC, I'm struggling to keep up with Lovesicks constant barrage of waffle about how innocent she is.

Lovesick, no one cares about you being a lurker.
No one cares that you think it was a bad strategy to gang up on a random lurker (btw I think the strategy was kinda harmless).

Please can your next post have some original insight on who you suspect could be town/mafia.
What do you think about Rautherdir and the LQ vote?
In post 233, Rautherdir wrote:For a variety of reasons, I would like to VOTE: LicketyQuickety

^ You're such a tease Rautherdir ;)
Pumped up for whatever logic (or whacky logic) you have for us.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Superhans »

@ Lovesick,

TheDominator also voted for me with 0 explanation in the post. (e.g. jumping on the Superhans wagon for no apparent reason).
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 246, Superhans wrote:@ConnorJC, I'm struggling to keep up with Lovesicks constant barrage of waffle about how innocent she is.

No one cares that you think it was a bad strategy to gang up on a random lurker (btw I think the strategy was kinda harmless).

Please can your next post have some original insight on who you suspect could be town/mafia.

Believe it or not, i wasn't talking about myself but denominator in those instances as the only reason that discussion has spiked up was because of the immediate 'accidental' wagon on him.

i have no opinion on the vote as he provided no reasoning behind it?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:41 am

In post 248, Lovesick wrote:
In post 246, Superhans wrote:@ConnorJC, I'm struggling to keep up with Lovesicks constant barrage of waffle about how innocent she is.

Believe it or not, i wasn't talking about myself but denominator in those instances as the only reason that discussion has spiked up was because of the immediate 'accidental' wagon on him.

i have no opinion on the vote as he provided no reasoning behind it?
I'm not liking this, this seems (yes I'm going to say it) forced!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”