Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 271, Lovesick wrote:
In post 256, ConnorJC wrote:After rereading the posts that just came in, I know don't think that Lovesick is as town. I'd say maybe leaning town.

@Lovesick, please provide some of your own reads.
I particularly don't think anyone is leaning town or mafia as of right now, however there are certain parts of people's playstyles which make me wary/cautious of them

Superhans - His very switchy behaviour where he hops from one thing to another, almost indecisively and usually dropping down on the people which he pursues after minimal effort ( Almost as if trying to blend town but trying to not get involved too much )

Connor - Continues to request reads from people after providing minimal ones himself, pursuing after players which are already being pursued. In my opinion following after Nacho a bit too much

Rautherdir - Justifying actions of others through Nacho's words and playstyle which I think is never justifiable as it is a preferred playstyle rather than something which should be followed.

These are some observations which I have made which make me cautious of the players.
Asking in depth questions =/= pursuing, and asking multiple people questions, and scum hunting different people doesn't mean that I'm not going to follow up.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 268, Superhans wrote:Million dollar question, is Lovesick a genius mafia, or goofiest townie ever?
In post 157, Lovesick wrote: Also Connor, by logical i mean with evidence from night phases which we can use to deduce and conclude things with ease other than make assumptions purely made on the first few posts in Day 1. Normally (At least where i played) Day 1 is a warm up, we get cozy and slowly introduce our playstyles to eachother hence my not so contribution to the actual objective. As also as a norm, I never do reads day 1 because it's too early to judge, too early to analyse, deduce, conclude and speak so confidently about my own thoughts when it comes to other players however I do understand why that may not be the case here because of the length of the days which personally i think is ridiculous but also logical in its own ways
^"I never do reads day one" & "We get cozy and make slowly introduce our playstyles".

I don't rate that comment at all.
Well i never did do reads day one as on the website i played days lasted from 24 to 48 hours xD Im sorry if im contradicting myself, i have a tendency to be goofy and go back on my words but this is longer than the usual time lol xD im sorry
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:34 am

Post by ConnorJC »

I don't like LoveSick's play so far; however, I think she's just a confused townie, rather than scum.
I like the quantity of analysis by Superhans/LQ (even if I disagree with some of LQ's), they'd be my top town reads atm.

We're over the hour mark from Rautherdir's last post, so hopefully he'll post some more details about his vote soon.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 275, Superhans wrote:
In post 271, Lovesick wrote:
In post 256, ConnorJC wrote:After rereading the posts that just came in, I know don't think that Lovesick is as town. I'd say maybe leaning town.

@Lovesick, please provide some of your own reads.
I particularly don't think anyone is leaning town or mafia as of right now, however there are certain parts of people's playstyles which make me wary/cautious of them

Superhans - His very switchy behaviour where he hops from one thing to another, almost indecisively and usually dropping down on the people which he pursues after minimal effort ( Almost as if trying to blend town but trying to not get involved too much )

Connor - Continues to request reads from people after providing minimal ones himself, pursuing after players which are already being pursued. In my opinion following after Nacho a bit too much

Rautherdir - Justifying actions of others through Nacho's words and playstyle which I think is never justifiable as it is a preferred playstyle rather than something which should be followed.

These are some observations which I have made which make me cautious of the players.
Asking in depth questions =/= pursuing, and asking multiple people questions, and scum hunting different people doesn't mean that I'm not going to follow up.
The reason I'm because of your behaviour is because you dont follow up in the heat of the moment - I'm not saying that it makes you scum however I am saying that I'm cautious of you because of it
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Lovesick »

Im wary*
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:37 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 272, Lovesick wrote:Im still not sure what you mean but I think scum reads can be multitasked to an extent, if you cannot put pressure on two players then let another player deal with one of them? (Im sorry if Im miles off about what i understood from your post but im talking to someone on the phone )
Nope, exactly.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:40 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 280, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 272, Lovesick wrote:Im still not sure what you mean but I think scum reads can be multitasked to an extent, if you cannot put pressure on two players then let another player deal with one of them? (Im sorry if Im miles off about what i understood from your post but im talking to someone on the phone )
Nope, exactly.
I think i had too much today because now im just sitting here a little puzzled at this response, congratulations I suppose on confusing the heck out of me right here
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:42 am

In post 281, Lovesick wrote:
Nope, exactly.
I think i had too much today because now im just sitting here a little puzzled at this response, congratulations I suppose on confusing the heck out of me right here
And I'm back to Town reading you.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Superhans »

@ConnorJC, which of LicketyQuickety's do you disagree with?

@LicketyQuickety, please can you stop confusing players, its not going to help anybody bar you. It just slows down how quickly people can read all the comments, and make people more inclined to skipping through them and potentially missing clues.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:51 am

In post 283, Superhans wrote:@ConnorJC, which of LicketyQuickety's do you disagree with?

@LicketyQuickety, please can you stop confusing players, its not going to help anybody bar you. It just slows down how quickly people can read all the comments, and make people more inclined to skipping through them and potentially missing clues.
I'm in an experimental phase in my Mafia career currently. My posts are there for people who can see the true in them, even if I am telling lies (to prove a point).

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.08

O
u
r
h
e
r
b
l
o
r
e
i
s
a
t
a
m
a
t
e
u
r
l
e
v
e
l
a
n
d
w
e
d
o
n
'
t
r
e
c
o
g
n
i
s
e
t
h
e
s
c
a
l
y
g
r
a
s
s
e
s
t
h
a
t
a
r
e
i
n
f
r
o
n
t
o
f
u
s
a
n
d
t
h
e
i
m
a
g
e
i
s
b
l
u
r
r
e
d
a
n
d
d
e
s
a
t
u
r
a
t
e
d
s
o
y
o
u
c
a
n
'
t
r
e
l
y
o
n
r
e
m
e
m
b
e
r
i
n
g
w
h
a
t
t
h
e
p
i
c
t
u
r
e
l
o
o
k
s
l
i
k
e
b
u
t
I
k
n
o
w
t
h
e
s
e
a
r
e
m
a
r
s
h
c
a
l
l
a
b
e
c
a
u
s
e
I
'
v
e
b
e
e
n
p
l
a
y
i
n
g
t
h
i
s
g
a
m
e
f
o
r
y
e
a
r
s
a
n
d
I
h
a
v
e
a
l
l
p
l
a
n
t
s
m
e
m
o
r
i
s
e
d
(
w
h
e
n
t
h
e
y
s
t
a
r
t
g
r
o
w
i
n
g
w
h
e
n
t
h
e
y
f
i
n
i
s
h
g
r
o
w
i
n
g
w
h
a
t
s
i
z
e
c
l
u
s
t
e
r
s
t
h
e
y
g
r
o
w
i
n
w
h
e
t
h
e
r
t
h
e
y
g
r
o
w
i
n
w
a
t
e
r
o
r
n
e
a
r
w
a
t
e
r
o
r
n
e
a
r
c
e
r
t
a
i
n
t
r
e
e
s
o
r
w
h
a
t
e
v
e
r
w
h
i
c
h
o
n
e
s
a
r
e
l
o
o
k
a
l
i
k
e
s
o
f
e
a
c
h
o
t
h
e
r
w
h
a
t
l
o
c
a
t
i
o
n
s
t
h
e
y
a
r
e
f
o
u
n
d
i
n
(
t
e
r
r
a
i
n
t
y
p
e
a
n
d
n
o
r
t
h
/
e
a
s
t
/
w
e
s
t
p
o
r
t
i
o
n
o
f
t
h
e
m
a
p
)
a
n
d
s
o
I
k
n
o
w
t
h
a
t
t
h
e
s
e
m
a
r
s
h
c
a
l
l
a
M
a
r
s
h
c
a
l
l
a
g
i
v
e
y
o
u
a
s
t
o
m
a
c
h
a
c
h
e
i
f
y
o
u
e
a
t
t
h
e
m
r
a
w
b
u
t
y
o
u
c
a
n
g
r
i
n
d
t
h
e
r
o
o
t
s
d
o
w
n
t
o
f
l
o
u
r
a
n
d
i
f
y
o
u
b
o
i
l
t
h
e
m
t
h
e
y
w
o
n
'
t
g
i
v
e
y
o
u
a
s
t
o
m
a
c
h
a
c
h
e
T
h
e
s
e
m
a
r
s
h
c
a
l
l
a
r
e
n
'
t
r
i
p
e
y
e
t
b
u
t
w
e
c
a
n
p
i
c
k
t
h
e
y
o
u
n
g
l
e
a
v
e
s
a
n
d
i
t
w
o
n
'
t
b
e
h
a
r
d
t
o
f
i
n
d
o
f
t
h
e
m

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Superhans
(L-4): TheDominator37
Rautherdir
(L-4): LicketyQuickety
:!:
TheDominator37
(L-3): Nachomamma8, ConnorJC
LicketyQuickety
(L-4): Rautherdir

Not voting
(4): Lovesick, toblerone187, FancyPants, Superhans

M
o
d
n
o
t
e
s
:
K
e
e
p
i
t
f
u
n
!

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
:
(expired on 2016-12-30 14:00:00)
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Lovesick »

In post 282, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Nope, exactly.
Im not gonna lie, i had already lost you back when i asked you to explain it and none of it had helped but i tried to understand and reply accordingly but im pretty sure i didnt
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:53 am

In post 286, Lovesick wrote:
Nope, exactly.
Im not gonna lie, i had already lost you back when i asked you to explain it and none of it had helped but i tried to understand and reply accordingly but im pretty sure i didnt
Then look back on this game and laugh in a year or so.

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:57 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 283, Superhans wrote:@ConnorJC, which of LicketyQuickety's do you disagree with?

This one's an example (Also see where I've disagreed in the past). I actually agree with the end result here (town) but the reasoning makes no sense to me.
Nope, exactly.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Superhans »

lol yeah why would Lovesick being confused mean that she is town?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:15 am

In post 289, Superhans wrote:lol yeah why would Lovesick being confused mean that she is town?
Because Scum wouldn't be? They would present it in a different way in any case.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Superhans »

Or it could just be because no one understands half of what you are saying, regardless of alignment.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 113, Lovesick wrote:So Nachos, how is it a good idea to start hunting for lurkers when 24 hours hasn't past, not giving the players enough time to post as they may have things going on in their lives or are simply asleep? Also for the others which had jumped the wagon on myself, explain to me what type of evidence are you trying to gather from this?
You keep framing the wagons like they have no purpose unless they are perfectly justified - nothing in mafia will be perfectly justified. Oftentimes you will catch scum for the wrong reasons. Content generation is about putting people in positions where they will have alignment-relevant reactions; maybe everyone votes you and you simply flake out (not alignment indicative), or maybe you get fired up and try to read the people voting you (what you did). I'm fine with giving people room as far as lynching is concerned, but I have no problems with pursuing a lead whenever and wherever I might find them.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 113, Lovesick wrote:Personally in my opinion, the only right moment for lurker hunting is if they had contributed nothing at all and half of our given time has gone. I mean otherwise, hunting for lurkers is a very easy way of lynching players and if done right, can be an advantage to the scum more so than the town as the ratio of mafia to town is 2:7.
If I have solid townreads on three people and I lynch a lurker, I have a 40% chance of lynching scum. If I have solid townreads on 5 people and I lynch a lurker, I have a 66% chance of lynching scum. You point out that the odds are against us early but that shouldn't mean anything; when we lynch we aren't lynching randomly and waiting for information to fall into our lap is silly when there is no guarantee it will ever do so.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 115, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 55, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 47, LicketyQuickety wrote:Yes, well, I don't read people in a traditional way.
Can you back it up?
If you have reasoning that trends outside the box, then that's "non-traditional".
If you don't, then you're reading with gut which is plenty traditional if incredibly difficult to calibrate.
yes, I have reasons for my unconventional reads, but I don't like to explain them so I try and get people to do what I want though other means. I've been playing a lot less "direct" lately. Take that for what you will.

here and here for reference of my reasoning.
If your reasons are good, what use is there in hiding them?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:And now I have a question for you Nacho: No talk of RVS, no initial opening IC post. In other words, your experience is showing. Why vote Connor?
Connor misrepresented you in order to leverage an attack on you, which is the reasoning I gave for voting him before. I began to dislike the push when he continued scumhunting; his response to my "convince me that you're town" comment also had some pretty genuine lines (such as encouraging me to convince everyone else that he was scummy) that I didn't think would come from scum.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 292, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 113, Lovesick wrote:So Nachos, how is it a good idea to start hunting for lurkers when 24 hours hasn't past, not giving the players enough time to post as they may have things going on in their lives or are simply asleep? Also for the others which had jumped the wagon on myself, explain to me what type of evidence are you trying to gather from this?
You keep framing the wagons like they have no purpose unless they are perfectly justified - nothing in mafia will be perfectly justified. Oftentimes you will catch scum for the wrong reasons. Content generation is about putting people in positions where they will have alignment-relevant reactions; maybe everyone votes you and you simply flake out (not alignment indicative), or maybe you get fired up and try to read the people voting you (what you did). I'm fine with giving people room as far as lynching is concerned, but I have no problems with pursuing a lead whenever and wherever I might find them.
Nacho, we've kinda moved on from discussing the Lovesick Wagon, as it wasn't really that fruitful.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:32 am

In post 294, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 115, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 55, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 47, LicketyQuickety wrote:Yes, well, I don't read people in a traditional way.
Can you back it up?
If you have reasoning that trends outside the box, then that's "non-traditional".
If you don't, then you're reading with gut which is plenty traditional if incredibly difficult to calibrate.
yes, I have reasons for my unconventional reads, but I don't like to explain them so I try and get people to do what I want though other means. I've been playing a lot less "direct" lately. Take that for what you will.

here and here for reference of my reasoning.
If your reasons are good, what use is there in hiding them?
I'm not hiding them, they are just too hard to say.

Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Rautherdir »

I come back to ~75 more posts. Wow you guys are active. Beginning with his first post:

: There was discussion about this, mostly resolving to that either LQ was rolefishing or he was stirring conversation. Either way, I really didn't get a town vibe from this move, due to the fact that he could have inadvertently revealed power roles in the following conversation.

: Asking for information to figure out how experienced ConnorJC is. Not really indicative of town or scum.

: Clarifies that 6 was a reaction test.

: Notes that he doesn't read people the traditional way.

: Goes back and forth as to whether he has more information or not. Could be breadcrumbing, actually.

: Votes for me. That was an iffy reason to vote in my opinion, I made a mistake while reading the player list; is that really a good reason to think I'm scum?

: There's no reason to go after a lurker by putting them at L-2. My comment probably wasn't the best way to phrase it, but what we were doing was quite frankly overkill.

: I look forward to seeing your reasons to continue voting/unvote me after this post.

: Could you please elaborate on this?

: Or one of them could be a scum-mate. Who knows?

: I didn't put any reasoning behind it at the time. Because I put my reasoning down afterwards.

: That doesn't mean you don't defend yourself.

: 5 is not a possibility.

: Are you admitting to lying here?

There. Reasons. Please analyze them. LQ, could you answer the questions I asked in here?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:35 am

In post 296, Superhans wrote:
In post 292, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Nacho, we've kinda moved on from discussing the Lovesick Wagon, as it wasn't really that fruitful.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Pay attention to everything Nacho does in this game, even more than me, because he has been here since 2009. I don't expect most people to understand the gravity of that, but trust me, that means the man knows what he is doing.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”