Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:57 am

Post by schadd_ »

imo the best way to get someone back into the game is to put them at L-1 and then vote them another time
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:00 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

yeah i got my vote on skull emoji

btw no clue where GAYreen went, saw him online yesterday to get an avatar but no posts. still think he's town considering the gamestate gives town some excuse to not post (nothing new to comment on yadda yadda yadda)

rakkar likely will be replaced anyway
schadd_ wrote:imo the best way to get someone back into the game is to put them at L-1 and then vote them another time
if that person actually visits the site frequently yeah

doesn't really work on habitual flakers or newbie flakers
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:05 am

also if any of you are open to hydra with me hmu with a good name (i'm ass at names tbh) and we can queue in the open or micro queue

hydras are where two or more people share an account and slot in a game. they're not allowed in normals and some mods don't like them but i'm a huge fan

the idea is to help improve playstyle by learning from players different or opposite to you but i enjoy just having someone who knows my motivations to bounce ideas off of (plus depending on the game i can hyperpost somewhere out of the thread and let it breathe you know)
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:11 am

Post by schadd_ »

i would hydra with you but we might already be the same person
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:26 am

:dead:

not sure if Human Sequencer and i are doing it soon but yeah i'd be down for it :dead:

still in this game, a micro, and a large tho so not now

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:06 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

We have 10 days, we can hold out a bit more. Wouldn't mind seeing if think or rakkar get replaced.
deranged and incoherent
?
GAYreenHamster
GAYreenHamster
Townie
GAYreenHamster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by GAYreenHamster »

im sorry i havent been posting recently, had a friend over and trying to be motivated to actually play the game :'D
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:23 pm

yeah i feel

any opinions diverging from rakkar/tb scum?

GAYreenHamster
GAYreenHamster
Townie
GAYreenHamster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by GAYreenHamster »

not really tbh
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:27 pm

i hate this game

you all deserve better tbh

((unless it's actually not just rakkar/tb then we're just idiots D1))

tb when do you want to post here :dead:

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:30 pm

In post 341, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:actually i kind of just made a really weird assumption so i'm going to resolve it

rask why aren't you townreading me? or at least strong enough to cross out like schadd_ or matt (creature i'd add in too but he's basically conftown tbh)

i assumed you just aren't really familiar with me and i'm not a newbie so i'm not as likely to tell as transparently but i'm worse at this then i let on sometimes
also rask can you get back to me on this or just refuse to answer it (not ignore it)

ty

GAYreenHamster
GAYreenHamster
Townie
GAYreenHamster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by GAYreenHamster »

In post 360, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 341, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:actually i kind of just made a really weird assumption so i'm going to resolve it

rask why aren't you townreading me? or at least strong enough to cross out like schadd_ or matt (creature i'd add in too but he's basically conftown tbh)

i assumed you just aren't really familiar with me and i'm not a newbie so i'm not as likely to tell as transparently but i'm worse at this then i let on sometimes
also rask can you get back to me on this or just refuse to answer it (not ignore it)

ty
how is creature practically conftown
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:42 pm

In post 361, GAYreenHamster wrote:how is creature practically conftown
How to read Creature in a micro with almost perfect accuracy:

• 1. Click the activity overview.
    2. Find the value of (Creature's posts) / (Total posts in thread - 3)
    3. If the value is around 17 or higher you can be pretty sure this is town Creature. Disregard this if Creature has been called out for not being engaged in the game or lurking.
    • Disregard this if Creature has been called out for not being engaged in the game or lurking. Instead...
      1. If his reads are generally "townread the loudest people, scumread lurking town" he's probably scum.
      2. If he doesn't have that many crossed out lists he's probably scum.
      3. If he's not doing anything resembling scumhunting he's probably scum.
      4. If he's deliberately inflating his post count with ???? that isn't weird Creature gamesolving ???? (e.g., seeing if scumreads make sense as a scumteam by looking to see how close they are together in the playerlist) he's probably scum.
      5. If his tone feels monotonous and just more indifferent than normal he's probably scum
    4. If the value is below 10 he's almost definitely scum (but there's a small chance everyone else is just louder).
the numerical stuff also isn't pulled out of my ass i can show you the math if you want

plus the proof that the amount he posts is actually AI for him

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:43 pm

also towntells include:
  • paranoia and constantly assuming the worst

aggressive brute-forcing of game by just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks

somehow being lynchbait despite being obvious town (people just seem to forget scum creature exists)

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:44 pm

also pretend that says .17 and .1

thinking in percentages working in probability zzzz

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 321, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i would like to hear about shade's non-linear character progression though
i asked myself whether i should reread shade and make sure that makes any sense and i decided, nah, i should just say that i might never talk about it again.
what it really boils down to is having an opinion on claiming:
In post 272, Shade wrote:Second I didn't vote Thinkbig for his claim. I'm voting him because I want him to answer "why he claimed".
...while also asking a bunch of questions that seem to reflect a misunderstanding of scum's intentions. there's a super obvious and likely town narrative there (not being/having been scum; understanding that lynch at l-1 after intent is standard/parroting other people's opinions) but it's also stuff that a scum emphasizing newbieness would try to feign

i don't like to overdo this but there isn't anything else going on:

scum to town
thinkbig
rakkar
shade
gayreen
rask
matthew broderblack
creature = GBT
...where "still substantially null" starts with matt and ends with rakkar

if anyone cares, my two games (that matter) (they need a login):
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index ... ic=16147.0
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index ... ic=16339.0
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:04 pm

actually that makes sense and i kind kind of vibe with that yeah. i guess i kind of saw that when I pointed out how his questions really don't follow a thought process that ThinkBig is scum, but I can reasonably see town considering multiple angles as well as scum knowing what to push next :/

your nullreads start early tho tbh but i get it

gonna hit up your games probably if i have free time over the week :dead:

hopefully i sleep now

mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 230, rakkar wrote:I'm keen to play but it feels pretty overwhelming to to see ten pages to read in less than 48 hours.
Yeaaah. I'm reconsidering what I previously thought about Rakkar. Going back it seems like Rakkar is just a kid, and this game didn't turn out like he thought it would so he just disappeared. I don't think that's really indicative of whether he was scum or not. Since Rakkar is most likely getting replaced later today I'll just drop my vote on him now, and see what the new person says.

UNVOTE: Rakkar

Also I see that ThinkBig is on V/LA until January 15th so doesn't seem like we're going to get a response from him anytime soon. We probably should just move on for the time being.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:25 pm

i have reason to believe that TB actually forgot about this game i have to be cagey about but hopefully this remedies it a bit:

@Mod, requesting an informal prod or poke for TB considering his V/LA but also the slowed gamestate without his posting? If you don't those that that's cool too

< :/

@Matt, if Rakkar's replacement reads as obvious town, who do you think would be the best lynch? Shade is the only person i can marginally think flips scum if not TB/Rakkar but then TB/Shade doesn't make much sense to me.

mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 368, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:@Matt, if Rakkar's replacement reads as obvious town, who do you think would be the best lynch? Shade is the only person i can marginally think flips scum if not TB/Rakkar but then TB/Shade doesn't make much sense to me.
Hmm. I could see Gayreen, and ThinkBig as a possible scum team. Gayreen did initially attack Schadd (ThinkBig's first voter) for what seemed like BS reasoning (Lynched and left?). He also hasn't posted his reads on anyone, even though he asked a question if it was ok to post town reads. Lastly it does seem to me that Gayreen is just following whatever you(Giga) say in an attempt to gain a town read from you.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 369, mattblackguy wrote:Lastly it does seem to me that Gayreen is just following whatever you(Giga) say in an attempt to gain a town read from you.
Eh disregard this. Looking back at the posts there isn't much to support this. Although I still want to know what Gayreen's reads on everyone are though.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:02 pm

the "just lynched and left" is definitely a thing from chatroom mafia but now that you pointed it out, wouldn't the fact that this is a longer game translate and make that not as scummy as it woukd be in a different medium?

i'm assuming he doesn't have differing reads from the general consensus since i asked him earlier

not that that's townie, just that i get why he wouldn't post a readlist

The logic behind him being a TB partner I can follow, so in a world where TB is scum but then we lynch the rakkar slot after and it's town, I would be giving GAYreen less town credit.

kinda hate delving too deep into theoreticals D1, but if we're not going to get AI (alignment indicative) content from TB or rakkar's slot i'm not sure what else to do

pedit: i mean his reasoning for asking to L-1 TB was basically just "for pressure" and did feel sheepy, same with his release of his schadd_ read so I got where you came from with that point

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

how do you forget about a game where you're like being wagoned hardcore?
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 360, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:

ty
maybe I like to see who cares?

but nah I dont remember saying I didnt townread you.

you're not a newbie and I have evidence of you being decent at scum and worse yet, even enjoying it... how filthy.

if you actually like scum and somehow find it interesting and enjoyable like it seemed you did, you could just fake for days with unlimited stamina

most people at least find it wears them out or drains them maintaining the facade but those who take a lot of enjoyment out of it... thats most of why EMers have wrecked me so many times also. every single game.

as a non-newbie with half-decent scumgame out of due diligence the earliest I cross that is d2, but it'd also be inherently weird if we're still both be alive then. see the issue?
deranged and incoherent
?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:37 pm

by being in like 10 ongoing games and maybe not wanting to face that/not liking scum probably

also pedit: gotcha, just assumed not crossed out equaled null/scumread... was the rqs the only time i mentioned me liking scum? i've posted so much here and in other games recently i kind of forgot what i said and where

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”