Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 623, cassielle wrote:so itd be tb + mbg, i do not foresee a shade + mbg pairing
I'm rereading the MBG ISO and I'll be giving my thoughts on it in a bit

still really have to do mental gymnastics to scumread it tbh

Grey, can you go a bit more into your scumread on him?
cassielle wrote:and my scumfeels on tb are weaker than they are on shade to a small extent ftr, so i really dont vibe with a tb+mbg team even tho its the best non-rask option
tb just needs to explain his thoughts which is why i'm fine keeping my vote on him (post or perish yadda yadda yadda), i do think he could be scummy but like?? his ISO is null and there isn't really substance that can differentiate it from prodging town vs. scum
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:29 pm

In post 625, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i do think he could be scum
ebwop
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by cassielle »

yeah i hear you on tb except for that final read list. i give my thoughts on it in 525 and 533, and i think that along with everything else that doesnt quiiite add up about him equals at least light scumlean, but i like him for scumteam imo
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by cassielle »

wrt my scumread on mbg: scrutinize his readlists fromstart to finish and check vote patterns too. sheepy from start to finish, rapidchange in reads between first 2 lists, but backs off a wagon with a strong general scumread (that he agrees on) on it at l-1. could be noob cold feet, but still leans scum imo
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 625, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Grey, can you go a bit more into your scumread on him?
I've given him another read.

He addressed my concerns about him fairly well, the only thing I really don't like about him right now is where he throws shade over my questioning of him when I was obviously in a hurry to get caught up with the rest of the game.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by cassielle »

i didnt catch that part. doublechecking
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:52 pm

Post by cassielle »

in iso hes getting more and more frustrated responding to you lol. id already leaned on him p hard earlier so prob understandable? idk
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:53 pm

In post 83, mattblackguy wrote:VOTE: Rakkar

Just because I wanted to vote someone and also because Rakkar is scum.
like this felt really natural and i actually liked the vote at the time (still do but rakkar slot is obvtown)

i think newbie scum who at least have the knowledge of how-to-town would try to overexplain their reads but isn't that at all. the admission he has no idea why he's townreading me is just such a newbtown thing, things like that and admitting to nullreading (as if it's bad to not know or being overly nonchalant with it) are big newbtown tells for me.

i'm also townreading pretty hard, i would expect scum to say this is a more mocking way ("gg ez"), overplay the feeling of it being too easy, or just state the feeling ("i'm confused, it can't be this easy"). "So did we win?" has this sense of I guess honesty about the game being too easy that pings me as town.

not sure why i agreed with easily and it seems like analysis i maybe gave too much credit for but like when a townread says something like this i do tend to sheep it. it has stopped me from strongarming scum D1 (cassie read 1759, so she knows I'm referring to Nobita). can see this as scummy.

gives me those honest-vibes too, like newbscum would know for a fact that scum has to look town because they're doing so. since i find that newbscum are more likely to trip up on the inside knowledge they have, i feel like matt just wouldn't ask about this as scum.

's unvote also feels newbtownie. As scum, he's going to push for the scumteam being rakkar/TB narrative at this point in the gamestate. Why waffle here as scum? It's just awkward and doesn't really help him.

I can see as scummy, discrediting the GAYreen slot that I do think is easy pickings for shallow scumreads and an opening in the parts of the townbloc that are more townread (can't attack creature, attacking me is too obvious and hard to do without blowback). But when the rest of the ISO says town this is just as likely just newbie analysis.

transition to rask scumread was awkward since there wasn't much shown in the thread that lead up to it tbh so i can see this being sheeping (the reasoning is original though even if it's not strong), makes more sense as "well the consensus is now here, where do I stand on this?" and re-evaulating.

the catch about cassie scumreading 4 slots i thought was also something town is more likely to call out, newbie scum would just assume that having a decent amount of suspects is good (this does assume cassie!town). the way he talked about it also didn't look like he was throwing shit at a townread either.

like overall it's a genuine ISO, there are some awkward points in it but reading it as weak analysis i think makes more sense than tactical if that makes sense
cassielle wrote:wrt my scumread on mbg: scrutinize his readlists fromstart to finish and check vote patterns too. sheepy from start to finish, rapidchange in reads between first 2 lists, but backs off a wagon with a strong general scumread (that he agrees on) on it at l-1. could be noob cold feet, but still leans scum imo
I'm trying to remember what my newbie cold feet was like when our first wagon hit L-1

I remember taking more of a stronger stance and almost 180ing on my reads? hm.

mbg strikes me as more cautious and gentle though

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:57 pm

yeah 549 was town too

cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by cassielle »

damn were back where we started if we give mbg a townread, and kumbaya land is awful for scumhunting. who have we not re-evaled?

creature is conftown.

i forced a re-read on me when i joined, exonerated rakkar p much from what i can tell.

schadd_ is town-ish to me and i already tried going after him like scum.

-grey-? waaaay too towny. aggressive af and not in the least bit afraid to go out on a limb to find them scums

gbT i tried framing as scum and well that didnt really work out lol

damnit

im stuck on rask. someone give to me guidance here, i have never been so sure of scum and yet had someone claim like that
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:59 pm

In post 634, cassielle wrote:-grey-? waaaay too towny. aggressive af and not in the least bit afraid to go out on a limb to find them scums
i mean

if grey is who i think he is (if he is an alt i'm keeping him under wraps sorry)

i think it's totally within his scumrange to do that

my read on him is entirely from GAYreen

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:00 pm

In post 634, cassielle wrote:im stuck on rask. someone give to me guidance here, i have never been so sure of scum and yet had someone claim like that
intuition says lynch the partner.

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by -Grey- »

VOTE: ThinkBig

I'm not lynching a PR claim d1. They will be sorted through natural events.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 635, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i mean

if grey is who i think he is (if he is an alt i'm keeping him under wraps sorry)

i think it's totally within his scumrange to do that
I'm not an alt. -_-
---
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:01 pm

that's what they all say ♡♡

tb's at L-2 btw

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 639, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:that's what they all say ♡♡
Oh shush, Giggles.
---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by cassielle »

i want to wait on tb hitting l-1. i feel scum is very possibly all off that wagon and i want to prevent a quickhammer because hes a weak link and outside of no-discussion policy lynch id prob let the hammerer off the hook.

im parking on rask. rask feels right. its not going to get traction and it prob shouldnt but goddamn i feel it

as mbg said, 8 days of discussion left, lets make use of it! and i really, really want to hear him talk about that shallow af polished af read list
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:07 pm

In post 641, cassielle wrote:as mbg said, 8 days of discussion left, lets make use of it! and i really, really want to hear him talk about that shallow af polished af read list
yeah dw, derphammering is a scumclaim when we're constantly talking about it.

cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Post by cassielle »

theres also the fact that he clammed up when he saw a (fake) l-1 before. i want him to talk, not curl up and die
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:10 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 643, cassielle wrote:theres also the fact that he clammed up when he saw a (fake) l-1 before. i want him to talk, not curl up and die
That in itself is a scumtell.
---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Post by cassielle »

ofc it is. but with him talking we have more material in his iso to crossref with other players and find the scum partner. if he hits l-1 and then stfus we could well have 8 days of discussio nthat amounts to chasing our tails and i still wont be 100% convinced hell flip red (maybe 80%, which is still good enough reason to lynch from where im standing fyi). id just feel better making him talk
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by cassielle »

im actualyl gonna just ISO dig on shade and tb again? i think im weighting that readslist a bit high (idc about being in scum but everything else is all upside down too rofl) and i cant think of a town!shade post off the top of my head while i def agree with most of creatures town!tb examples (again, i read him town for strong early game play then he slips a bit to NAI or light anti-town and shortly thereafter falls off a cliff activity wise, promises content and fails to deliver, and i go wut)
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by cassielle »

TB MASTERPOST:

ok so my town read on him ends around post 15. period of about a half hour! he doesnt post again for 13 hours, post #77. #77 is my last townread on him, and its much, much weaker -- feels buzzwordy even if it is true.

then doesnt post for 3 hrs and claims at #143. the claim feels NAI to me, it could fall in either direction quite strongly but i dont feel confident reading it in either way yet.

active for about 10 minutes after the claim, ending at post #159. there is a real fear of lynching early evident in #152. is that AI? if it is i think it leans scum since town should know town wont hammer early?

at this point shade comes in (~15min later). ill skip him for now tho

tb returns about 21 (!!!) hrs later to say "will definitely post tonight". #224 explains why hes been missing. then 22 hrs (!!!!!!) later #232 promises content

around 36hrs (!!!!!!!!!) later, prod received, will post tonight. at this point (#399), post total is at 13.

active around 11 hrs later, begins rereading and unvotes creature (his early rvs vote) after 5 days have passed from that initial vote.

around 5 hrs later (fair, huge amount to catch up on) the readlist gets posted in #517, with no explanation but a promise to explain in the future.

active for about a half hour, last post of that burst of activity at #531, every post since readlist is fluff

finally #589, 2h later, correcting me about saying he flaked (fair) and restating #159.

thoughts? working on shade now
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Post by cassielle »

SHADE MASTERPOST:

shade comes in at #211. standard high polish intro post, notes delay before engagement in the game. NAI, this is the first post of an excited noob imo

shade is answering posts in order 7hrs later (#213), doesnt see gbT say dont answer RQS. breakdown of this post: curiosity, curiosity, curiosity, confusion, townlean, correction statement, thinking about gbT's thought processes (townlean???), NAI imo, GOOD TOWN VIBES, SAME, paranoia (town? NAI?), curiosity, unsure how to parse (town? NAI?). HUGE post -- but catchup, so fair.

2 hrs later #225 continues the trend of massive wallposts. breakdown as follows: acknowledgement, curiosity + slight townlean, NAI imo, fair observation about game speed. smaller post but also all just followups on people responding to first wall. corrects self in another post and apologizes for mistake.

rapidly dwindling wallpost size evident in #252 about 46 (!!!!!!) hrs later. breakdown: socializing, townlean, curiosity/NAI, light (almost non-) reads (prelim readlist seems to go rask-> townlean, tb-> scumlean). how can you have only such weak reads by now?

2 min later, naked vote on TB "to see what will happen" in post #253. tb is not active at this point. creature said, "scum votes this way". inclined to agree.

#255, called out by creature for the naked vote. defensiveness but tone read gets humor, not indignance. not feeling town vibes here. justification is thin, parroted/sheepy

#272 defense of naked vote around an hour later. breakdown: fair point, WEIRD, fair, WEIRD, fair, noobtell NAI imo. i want outside input on the two WEIRD parts.

49 hrs (!!!!!!) later, last post #494. breakdown: explanation of absence, talking to mod, interesting reasoning that needs analysis, unvote tb (50hrs after vote), promise to answer things when they catch up.

thoughts? also, food for thought:
In post 494, Shade wrote: @gigabyteTroubadour I was suspecting gayreen as scum. That was the main reason I asked questions about your reads cause your read about gayreen felt really weird to me. I don't suspect him as scum with TB necessarily, not sure why you were expecting me to scum read them as a team. The way he kept his vote around as a threat and got confused after TB claim is actually scummy to me but first thing that came to my mind was the way he was asking for permissions to vote [like asking help from a more talented player] and I voted ThinkGig mainly to see what will you and GAYreenHamster do about it (and to actually remind ThinkBig to answer my question) which was disrupted with this wagon on me.
needs analysis. im not convinced on this reasoning -- gayreen was looking for someone to say "yeah go for it" but didnt actually do it, that reads town af to me? idk... maybe grey is the slot we should re-examine?
In post 272, Shade wrote:Second I didn't vote Thinkbig for his claim. I'm voting him because I want him to answer "why he claimed".

Fourth What about my vote was scummy?
needs analysis, my take on why these stand out: weird to criticize rasks vote then do the same thing. and weird that he didnt recognize the diff between his naked vote and others, but idk how to parse that.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:27 pm

Post by cassielle »

rereading the masterposts now, i can put together stuff easier. shade does weirder stuff but im reading them mostly both for the HUGE gaps in activity, just these giant gaping holes? tb also has timing and repeated failure to live up to promises of content, so id say that while shade's read for me is slightly scummier, im more confident about my tb scumread and more willing to back that up. shade i feel could be misinterp, idk if id jump on a shade wagon atm without some intense questioning of the people pushing it

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”