Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:10 am

Post by bowdown »

In post 342, Revan wrote:I think EL is too townread to be lynched today.

Jae is the right lynch.
Lemon and Sparkles - this post isn't saying that Revan has too much of a townread on Lemon, this is saying that Revan feels that too many people in the village townread lemon to get lemon lynched.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:23 am

Post by bowdown »

Sparkles - go read Revan and I arguing (not in ISO) keeping in mind that tge initial self save vote was a legit self save.

Read it once from a town-Revan, has a town lean on Lemon context. Then read it again from scum-Revan perspective and tell me which makes more sense.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:26 am

Post by bowdown »

VOTE: EccentricLemon

Lemon is at L-1, Revan L-2
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:28 am

Post by bowdown »

Fixing post link in the last post.

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:25 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.10

EccentricLemon (4) - Titus, Revan, tojam2, bowdown
Revan (2) - GuiltyLion, Agent Sparkles
GuiltyLion (1) - nancy

Not voting (2) - EccentricLemon, JaeReed

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch someone.

nancy is V/LA through Sunday.

(expired on 2017-01-16 11:14:00) remain until day end
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:23 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 420, Titus wrote:
In post 419, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 406, Titus wrote:
In post 399, GuiltyLion wrote:and respond to my question about the associative you're trying to draw between me and EL, please. At the very least - I want you to reaffirm or deny that you are arguing that EL scumslipped by saying she didn't want to "bus" me.
Indicator, not slip.
???

this is a bullshit dodge. Either it's indicative and a slip, or it isn't. You can't have it both ways
No. An indicator is more likely than not to come from scum. A scumslip MUST come from scum
So what you're saying, paraphrased, is: "It's more likely than not that EL and GL are scumbuddies because EL said she didn't want to throw GL under the bus"? Am I parsing that right?

Now can you tell me why that's not an extremely contrived, nitpicky reach of an argument? An argument which is easily defeated by the alternate explanation which I already presented in :
In post 350, GuiltyLion wrote:she used a word without knowing the context/meaning on MafiaScum
You're assuming:
a) EL has knowledge of what it means to "bus" someone, despite this being her first game on mafiascum
b) EL and I are partners and both scum
c) EL accidentally slipped point b) by using the terminology "bus" in the context of a) in post .

This is a scumcase. It's fake, illogical reasoning. They're all huge assumptions independently, and being used together in a way that no townie would push with genuine intentions. If we're flash wagoning anyone today, it's Titus.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 422, nancy wrote:GL has contributed pretty much nothing all day,
I think you need to reread my ISO. Just because I don't post as much does not mean there is no substance to my posts.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:36 am

Post by Revan »

My problem with GL is that he voted me for bad reasons, and now its parked. He's content with what he's done, and not motivated to continue scumhunting.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm literally scumhunting in the two posts above yours

You can eat rope if you're going to post one line misreps
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

sorry if I'm being aggressive but it really ticks me off when players casually imply that I'm not doing anything
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:43 am

Post by nancy »

Where you at Titus?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:52 am

Post by nancy »

In post 362, bowdown wrote:Something that I think is lost in the conversation about Lemon is that Lemon is new. I think I am the only one of the noobs with prior forum mafia/werewolf experience. Nobody else came out super awkward - some of us (myself included, Jae, maybe someone else?) are somewhat giving lemon a pass on that initial awkwardness because she's new, but it makes a lot of sense that noob-mafia would be super nervous at the start of the game. No other noobs were like that.
This didn't make sense at the time and doesn't now. Am I reading this right? Hasn't basically
all
of the conversation about Lemon been about the fact that she's a newb?
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:04 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

I'm back.

I'm getting kind of frustrated because I feel like a lot of the things I say are taken under the context of how a more experienced player would act. I'm a goddamn noob. I've literally never played forum mafia before in my life.
1) Titus' entire argument against me is the fact that I used a common terminology that I use in everyday life that happens to have a different meaning on MafiaScum.
But hey, I kept my vote on GL for a while but we're going to ignore that, right?
2) Everyone keeps telling Revan that there's no way his vote was a self save, but hey, it's working so I'd definitely like an explanation for that.
By the way, Revan, I cannot reiterate enough that the stuff you say is completely and utterly contradictory.
3) Revan's entire argument against me is "everyone's doing it, so I should too", which is what Titus accused me of doing at one point and said it was scummy.

I've already posted my opinion on Revan, so I'm going to vote for him.
VOTE: Revan
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 am

Post by nancy »

Lemon what's your availability from now until deadline?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:15 am

Post by nancy »

Also, try not to get too frustrated - it's just a game. I know that's easier said than done. We're here to have fun first and foremost. All of your actions are going to be taken under the context of how a more experienced player would act because the context of mafiascum is experienced players. We're in the newbie queue to learn about that context and adapt to it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:33 am

Post by Titus »

In post 455, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 420, Titus wrote:
In post 419, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 406, Titus wrote:
In post 399, GuiltyLion wrote:and respond to my question about the associative you're trying to draw between me and EL, please. At the very least - I want you to reaffirm or deny that you are arguing that EL scumslipped by saying she didn't want to "bus" me.
Indicator, not slip.
???

this is a bullshit dodge. Either it's indicative and a slip, or it isn't. You can't have it both ways
No. An indicator is more likely than not to come from scum. A scumslip MUST come from scum
So what you're saying, paraphrased, is: "It's more likely than not that EL and GL are scumbuddies because EL said she didn't want to throw GL under the bus"? Am I parsing that right?

Now can you tell me why that's not an extremely contrived, nitpicky reach of an argument? An argument which is easily defeated by the alternate explanation which I already presented in :
In post 350, GuiltyLion wrote:she used a word without knowing the context/meaning on MafiaScum
You're assuming:
a) EL has knowledge of what it means to "bus" someone, despite this being her first game on mafiascum
b) EL and I are partners and both scum
c) EL accidentally slipped point b) by using the terminology "bus" in the context of a) in post .

This is a scumcase. It's fake, illogical reasoning. They're all huge assumptions independently, and being used together in a way that no townie would push with genuine intentions. If we're flash wagoning anyone today, it's Titus.

Scared much? How cute.

A townie wouldn't know bussed if first game. If she's coached by someone, done. Either you're scum or she's buddying you imo.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Titus »

El, you should claim given deadline.

Nancy, I am stuck phone posting atm. PC issues.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:47 am

Post by nancy »

Ok.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:48 am

Post by nancy »

And yes, time to claim Lemon.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:00 am

Post by nancy »

And by the way GL, I wasn't implying you'd not been doing anything, I was implying that you're scum. Your scumhunting looks scummy to me. I did re-read your ISO before posting and I didn't particularly like what I saw.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:12 am

Post by nancy »

Bowdown please respond to 461.

This whole situation sucks, by the way. Knowing how Jae loves to defend their townreads, I was hoping they'd recognize the GL wagon as an indirect way to save her. It was a desperate measure but I'm pretty convinced that Lemon is PR so desperate measures are called for. Jae didn't recognize it and Titus has RL issues so now we're probably going to mislynch for no reason. Still, a part of me wants to believe Titus about Lemon/GL. I guess the flip will be telling.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by tojam2 »

GL, you might as well be doing nothing because I can't see 5 people moving a vote to Titus in 18 hours.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Anyone voting a minority wagon or not voting at all can consider themselves scum at day end, I will be back in 9 hours and again an hour before deadline.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 446, bowdown wrote:
In post 430, JaeReed wrote:Or tracker?
Slip in Nancy's 429? Not running her up today but need to make sure we talk about this tomorrow.
Yup. Would vastly prefer to lynch her off that alone. It shows knowledge of there being a roleblocker in the setup. The only people who would know for sure the setup are scum and the jailkeeper, and scum would be more likely to be fixated on jailkeeper to the point where they forget main thread knowledge isn't in line with that. The jailkeeper would be doing everything in their power to not slip knowledge of the setup because scum could find them and nightkill them in that situation.

Had another look and I can't remember why I had early in my notes a nancy/Agent team but it might not be Agent as her partner. I wasn't looking at her pairings as closely all game because I was townreading her.

I mean, this is a case that's strongest if we get a jailkeeper flip and rendered completely moot with a tracker flip so idunno for sure yet, but I'm pretty sure I just witnessed an actual slip, which is usually really rare and things people push on as slips generally comes to semantics but I don't think that's what this was.

Important note - if you're a newb and the tracker/jk don't out today based on the above. If I die during the night then follow titus/gl as for theory on what to do from there. At the very least I don't think the team is Titus/GL, so you can be guaranteed one of them is town. If you really can't figure it out, just don't claim unless you have to or a mass claim happens. Be sure to go back to the post where I quoted Nachomamma on claiming if you're unsure on your results.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 455, GuiltyLion wrote:This is a scumcase. It's fake, illogical reasoning. They're all huge assumptions independently, and being used together in a way that no townie would push with genuine intentions. If we're flash wagoning anyone today, it's Titus.
Guilty... True or false:

Titus makes assumptions and tunnels based off said assumptions as either alignment.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”