Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:10 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 223, Formerfish wrote:What was his alignment in the previous game? Do you think his behavior this game is alignment indicative?
Town, and no. I'm just asking him where the difference comes from, so I might be able to better understand him.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 217, TierShift wrote:Nydusher I also don't recall seeing something useful from you. Who's scum?

Tot and fish you really need to stop yur pathetic dance because we need the newbies to participate more not hide behind and inbetween your walls
I don't even know how to take that last line. First you call toto and I out for our "pathetic" yet our dance caused you to post all of the following posts and has helped progress the game past RVS into the actual game play. Now we have things to work off of and are better able to make decisions. I just dont know how all the posts below turn into you chastising us for having the conflict in the first place.

Second, implying that since we are posting it means that we are harming the game or the progression is ridiculous. Anyone can chime in on anything that is being said, and can pick sides of who they think is right and why.
In post 212, TierShift wrote:
In post 206, Toto wrote::shifty:
In post 205, Formerfish wrote:
In post 178, TierShift wrote:Toto what's up with that complacent tone? Why are you acting like this?
Toto, I'll put this here too since I don't remember seeing a reply to it. Guess that means that Tier is my partner, right? Cause they aren't pressuring you to answer that question.
I don't know what a complacent tone is
In our previous game you seemed like you wanted to work with everyone. In this game, you act like you know it all without interacting a whole lot.
In post 213, TierShift wrote:Toto however confident you are in your bullshit argument there is absolutely NO PLACE AT ALL talking about PR's day 1.
In post 214, TierShift wrote:
In post 199, Toto wrote:While Fish attacks Jin for not voting in RVS he doesn't say anything about Fykus, who is also not voting RVS. At the same time he questions me for RVS voting Moogin instead of any of pre-existing wagons. Why ask that question if he feels RVS voting is what people should be doing? He is not being consistent in his line of questioning and thoughts.

Now he asks me how accurate my day 1 reads are. Why would you ask that question as TOWN? IT MAKES NO SENSE. Seriously, if we don't lynch this guy after asking this question I don't know what else to tell you.
I'm wondering if this is a serious case or just trying to probe
In post 215, TierShift wrote:Fish, what is your read on toto?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:22 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.05Image

MooginSoosy (1)
Pepchoninga (1)
Fykus (1)
Formerfish (1)
Toto (2)
, ,
Secret Agent Jin (1)
Not Voting (2)
, ,

Day one deadline is Monday January 25th, 2 PM PST. (expired on 2017-01-25 15:00:00)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
[/quote]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Toto »

In post 212, TierShift wrote:
In post 206, Toto wrote::shifty:
In post 205, Formerfish wrote:
In post 178, TierShift wrote:Toto what's up with that complacent tone? Why are you acting like this?
Toto, I'll put this here too since I don't remember seeing a reply to it. Guess that means that Tier is my partner, right? Cause they aren't pressuring you to answer that question.
I don't know what a complacent tone is
In our previous game you seemed like you wanted to work with everyone. In this game, you act like you know it all without interacting a whole lot.
In our previous game I was a late replacement in D1 and had a lot of info to sort things out. Also I replaced a highly suspected slot so had to play carefully. In this one there is not a lot of content and Im trying to get reactions of my top suspects.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Toto »

In post 222, Formerfish wrote:
In post 210, Toto wrote:
In post 202, Formerfish wrote:pushing this is going to lead only to your lynch and my death.
Fine. You claimed PR. Making sure this is in my ISO if I get NK'ed tonight and not the supposed PR. You might as well do a full claim so we can confirm you and move on.
Not a fucking chance am I going to claim right now. What benefit does this give to the town right now? The only thing that me full claiming would do is give the scum team knowledge of who else might be in the game for us, and where they should shoot tonight. With the shitty push on me, and this right here is enough for you to see rope imo.
You are either scum pretending to be a PR or you are a real PR. Only you and/or scum know which of those is true at this point. The best you can do for town is a full claim to confirm which of the two options it is for us. This info is more important than whatever it is you think scum will learn. You are a known PR for scum if you are town. That is all they need.

You will claim. You can lynch me after you do that if that's what you want. I don't give a crap. But you are claiming your claim.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

what does PR mean?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Formerfish »

PR= power role.

In this setup town has a max of 2 power roles and a minimum of 1.

Toto wants me to reveal which one I am. Can anyone enlighten the class as to why I don't give a fuck about what he says? Scum will have to kill me tonight to figure out my role.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Formerfish »

More votes are needed on the guy role fishing for a full claim from me.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Wait. Why does Toto think you've basically revealed that you're a PR? That doesn't make any sense. And the fact that he's trying to get you to reveal that you have one of these roles doesn't make sense either...

What roles are considered to be power roles?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Also why are they considered to be power roles?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by TierShift »

The roles are in the first or second post of the game. There are 5 or 6 vanilla townies and 1 or 2 PRs.

Toto, stop fishing. Last warning. There is absolutely no benefit to outing a softclaim at this point.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Ohhhh ok, I misunderstood that part of the rules. I've got it now!

Doing any sort of role claim right now really seems like it would only help the mafia take that PR out in the night. Why do you think formerfish has a PR in the first place and why would you want him to reveal that role if you weren't scum?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Toto »

Because if he really is a PR we can tell whether he is telling the truth or not in newbies set up immediatelly. Im basically asking him to prove Im wrong about him being scum but he doesn't want to do it.

Im fine dropping this for today but if this scumfuck is alive tomorrow he better claims immediatelly in d2.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

But if he claimed a PR then there would be a target on his back for the night, wouldn't there?? So he'd be dead either way, by lynching today or being killed in the night by the mafia...or if he wasn't a PR then it would be easy for him to just say he was a vanilla townie. Again, I don't really see a point in that? Maybe I'm missing something here
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Toto »

Except he already said he is a PR. He just doesnt want say which.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Formerfish »

And why as town is it important to know which I am?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Unless Toto is trying to say he's also PR and wants you to make it public in order to see if you claimed the role he has or not. Does that happen ever? Also I never saw where fish explicitly claims PR, he only says it would be really bad for the town if he was lynched and if he claimed it would likely result in Toto being lynched today and fish being killed in the night
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Toto »

In post 240, Formerfish wrote:And why as town is it important to know which I am?
I don't care which PR you are.
All I care is whether you are telling the truth or not
. There is only two ways to know:

1) You die.
2) You tell us which PR you are.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by Toto »

In post 241, MooginSoosy wrote:Unless Toto is trying to say he's also PR and wants you to make it public in order to see if you claimed the role he has or not. Does that happen ever? Also I never saw where fish explicitly claims PR, he only says it would be really bad for the town if he was lynched and if he claimed it would likely result in Toto being lynched today and fish being killed in the night
What he did is called a softclaim. I just want to make sure that everyone saw it in case he survives the night. For two reasons:

1) If I saw it scum probably did too.
2) I don't trust his softclaim so early. Specially to ME. I'm his primary suspect. Why would he tell me he is a PR?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 243, Toto wrote:
In post 241, MooginSoosy wrote:Unless Toto is trying to say he's also PR and wants you to make it public in order to see if you claimed the role he has or not. Does that happen ever? Also I never saw where fish explicitly claims PR, he only says it would be really bad for the town if he was lynched and if he claimed it would likely result in Toto being lynched today and fish being killed in the night
What he did is called a softclaim. I just want to make sure that everyone saw it in case he survives the night. For two reasons:

1) If I saw it scum probably did too.
2) I don't trust his softclaim so early. Specially to ME. I'm his primary suspect. Why would he tell me he is a PR?
:facepalm:
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Toto »

Please illuminate me.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I just think that it is ridiculous that two of the seasoned players in this game are telling you to not go down a path of investigation that is way the fuck out of bounds for someone with towns interest in mind, and yet I have to explain it again.

You ask why I came out to you, a guy who I am scum reading. I told you that I was trying to sort you, and that your push on me was bad. We could have played cat and mouse for a few days where we go back and forth with walls and walls and accusations that we cant substantiate today. We get to a point where I eventually have to claim anyways because I am not letting us get into a deadline lynch. And then maybe I actually have to full claim, and not do what I did here. I headed you off at the pass, and forced this into a you or me situation. In that one you are going to die every time. I came out to you the way I did to prove a fucking point to you and to see how you played it. I notice your vote is still on me. Strange. Usually when someone claims a pr in a game I unfuckingvote them.

And I will answer your other question with a question of my own. Please answer it.

What benefit does town gain from me full claiming?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by Toto »

In post 246, Formerfish wrote:What benefit does town gain from me full claiming?
Read post 242.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by Toto »

But I'll spell for you. Town gets to know whether you are real PR or scum softclaiming PR.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 242, Toto wrote:
In post 240, Formerfish wrote:And why as town is it important to know which I am?
I don't care which PR you are.
All I care is whether you are telling the truth or not
. There is only two ways to know:

1) You die.
2) You tell us which PR you are.
If you don't care about what PR I am then why ask? At this point you kinda have to believe me until shit dictates otherwise.

And this doesn't answer how that information becoming public knowledge would benefit the town.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”