Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:47 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.09Image

MooginSoosy (1)
Fykus (1)
JackChaos (1)
RadiantCowbells (3)

TierShift (1)
Not Voting (2)
, ,

Day one deadline is Monday January 25th, 2 PM PST. (expired on 2017-01-25 15:00:00)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 471, MooginSoosy wrote:These posts are just so similar how could this not be scummy
They were similar because in that post above I was talking about trying to learn how to play the game properly.

I was trying to mimic what you all were doing. You can argue that as scum but I'm just trying over here.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 484, RadiantCowbells wrote:I had the same initial reaction to JackChaos but it was intended as a joke? which steals the bite of my scumread on that slot.
JackChaos why do you think that I'm scum?

Also yes my slot is obvtown and I say that as the poster child of hyper aggressive scum play making scum intent. Toto could not and would not have pulled that off as scum and it shouldn't take a genius to figure that out.

I think you're scum mostly because of how the other guy played you. I wasn't sure until your giant meltdown about playing this game 10 years and not wanting to be lynched as a townie and threatening to powerlynch fish, whatever that means.

Now I'm not sure you're scum but Im a bit concerned that, holy shit, you take this game super serious. Maybe it's the newbie in me but that sort of makes me want to lynch you more. :D No offense man.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Guys I'm sorry if it seems like my heart is not in it. I'm just trying to grasp all of this. I'm not sure how you guys are getting reads or what you're looking for exactly.

Real talk: I have brain damage and I'm just trying to learn how to play. I'm sorry if I suck at it or if I'm ruining your reads by trying to fit in. I've barely played mafia.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by Fykus »

Forgive me for my posts being so bare but like what are you meant to go off on day 1 really? It seems to go like: shitpost and vote on randoms until one of them cracks and then pressure the fuck out of them to see if theyll crack even more and then try to deduce from that who is "acting scummy". Is that about right? Seems to me itll be way way way easier on day 2 because youll see if your potential scum flips mafia and who gets killed during the night. Like ive got a few suspicions on people but its just a "feeling" which cant really be put into words or easily explained why i have said feeling. Whats a player meant to do if thats the case? And like what if i agree with someones points on other people as to why they're scummy; like, am i allowed to agree with them or is it scummy to agree with someone elses opinions?
Also am i meant to be posting small sentences again and again after myself to increase my post count so it looks like im active or what?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 502, JackChaos wrote:
In post 484, RadiantCowbells wrote:I had the same initial reaction to JackChaos but it was intended as a joke? which steals the bite of my scumread on that slot.
JackChaos why do you think that I'm scum?

Also yes my slot is obvtown and I say that as the poster child of hyper aggressive scum play making scum intent. Toto could not and would not have pulled that off as scum and it shouldn't take a genius to figure that out.

I think you're scum mostly because of how the other guy played you. I wasn't sure until your giant meltdown about playing this game 10 years and not wanting to be lynched as a townie and threatening to powerlynch fish, whatever that means.

Now I'm not sure you're scum but Im a bit concerned that, holy shit, you take this game super serious. Maybe it's the newbie in me but that sort of makes me want to lynch you more. :D No offense man.
First of all: I was parodying another user's posting style. You notice how I said that I was Kuribo before I made that wall? That's because I was emulating another user.
Second of all, if you want to lynch me for taking this game too seriously you can do so but don't expect for anyone to take you seriously if you're not going to play the game.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by Fykus »

VOTE: unvote
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Post by Fykus »

Alright so i just (exhaustingly) went through the entire thread again, this time making notes of every post of TS's because ive been getting a scum feeling of him since the beginning of the game. Heres a summary:

1 - introduction, votes for fykus
2 - saying hello
3 and 4 - correcting my logic, asks why i voted him
5 - "answer my question"
6 - game info
7 - "why vote for me?"
8 - vote jin
9 - game info
10 - game theory
11 - "why arent you voting" to pep
12 - game info, questioning reason for voting him
13 - questioning something i said about agreeing with other peoples arguments
14 - doesnt want to give out reads because newbies might take it as gospel, wants to see if there are any good thought processes he might be able to apply to his own meta
15 - game theory
16 - questioning 3 people
17 - questioning someone
18 - game theory, questioning
19 - talk of previous game vs this game
20 - reprimanding toto
21 - question
22 - question
23 - votes moogin
24 - question, tells toto and fish to stop arguing
25 - answers question about previous game, answers a question about toto
26 - game info, possibly trying to get toto out of a tight spot
27 - "drop it for today toto"
28 - "we can lynch fykus if you want"
29 - game info
30 - question
31 - game theory, question
32 - defending toto defense
33 - vote fykus
34 - "just be glad someone is on your side" to toto
35 - question
36 - question
37 - defending toto
38 - answered a question in 2 words
39 - game theory
40 - question
41 - question
42 - question
43 - unvote
44 - question
45 - question
46 - vote moogin
47 - no substance, answers question
48 - no substance
49 - question
50 - reason for asking question
51 - trying to refute ny's claim
52 - game info
53 - reasons for voting
54 - question
55 - game info

As you can see, his posts up until this point have absolutely 0 substance (except for a few times where he possibly tried to get toto out of trouble, but that could of just been his IC instincts kicking in and trying to fix the game for us newbies). Is this not how a scum plays the game? Hiding in plain sight by "posting but not posting" at the same time if you get my drift? Anywho, for now my vote is going back to TS.

VOTE: TierShift

Also a little bonus tidbit i found on my return to the start of the game:
In post 29, Formerfish wrote:@MOD- I didn't see anywhere in the OP about scum daytalk. Is no daytalk standard for newbie games?
Does this seem fishy to anyone else? (pun intended)
Why would a townie need to ask about the existence of day talk between scum members? Ofcourse youd want to know this if you were scum, but you wouldnt want to seem scummy by asking about it so youd phrase it this exact way by mentioning the OP.

In conclusion, lynch me if you like but youll see ill bleed green.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:32 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 501, JackChaos wrote:
In post 471, MooginSoosy wrote:These posts are just so similar how could this not be scummy
They were similar because in that post above I was talking about trying to learn how to play the game properly.

I was trying to mimic what you all were doing. You can argue that as scum but I'm just trying over here.
Ok, so you wanted to copy what other people were doing. Why did you copy FF the most out of all the other players? a fair amount of us are newbies so I get not wanting to mimic us, but what about TS? Also, why didn't you vote for anyone even if you thought they were scum? I believe you thought pep was scum, do you still believe that?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:35 am

Nydus I am still waiting.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:52 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 509, RadiantCowbells wrote:Nydus I am still waiting.
Reading now
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:05 am

Post by nydushermain »

I think that she's scummy for the reasons I've listed before prior to post 463. I think she starts getting a little bit townier after that because she's trying to work with new information but to me, that's only enough to bring her to a null read. I think that a lynch on her is not ideal today because there are several people who are scummier.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:06 am

That's what you call in detail?

VOTE: MooginSoosy
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:20 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 512, RadiantCowbells wrote:That's what you call in detail?

VOTE: MooginSoosy
If you want detail, ISO me o.O
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:21 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 271, nydushermain wrote:People seem scummier to me than the game I just played. Last game, I had a lot more town reads although that might be a good thing since I was wrong last game. Regardless, I had a town read on formerfish before his supposed "PR claim" which I don't particularly buy. Either way, not important today as it'll resolve itself tomorrow. Annoying though since you were my only solidish townread if you actually are a PR.

I'm going to ignore people who I consider null and just go right into people who I think are scummy.

I think that moogin has been playing a very strange game. Moogin to me seems like she's playing very laid back and trying to blend in. She's not playing aggressive at all and I feel like some of her reasoning has been off and not natural. For example, when she said in post 97 where she unvoted SAJ because she realized the questions being asked of SAJ were sarcastic? How are the questions asked by another person a scum tell for the person being asked? I also think it's interesting that she makes one light reads post and votes fykus based on like the first 3 pages of the game in post 78. She doesn't actually explicitly call fykus scum... just recaps some of the things he's done and calls it interesting and then votes. Then, in posts 262 and 270, she says that we should look at some of the inactive people and that she's unsure of who to lynch and that we should make sure? But earlier, she made a vote on fykus on what I believe to not be a confident scum read vote. I don't think her play makes any sense. She also claims that jack is the scummiest for her but she doesn't vote him at all even though her fykus vote is getting stale. Btw, jack is someone she actually called scummy, not just "interesting."

There's also a weird interaction between tiershift and toto and I can't tell if it's an IC trying to tell someone that they're playing the game poorly or a scum trying to help his partner get out of a situation that can only end up badly for his scum team. In post 212, TS says that toto is playing different from their previous game (and I'm sort of assuming toto was town in that game), which I assume is TS potentially scum reading toto. In post 214, TS again states that toto is potential scum by voicing that he's unsure of toto's intent in pushing formerfish. I feel like toto is doing things that could definitely be indicative of a scum push onto formerfish and not being able to react properly to formerfish's reverse aggression but TS is dancing around it really hard. TS also warns toto in post 235 saying "this is your last warning" and then toto continues to push on formerfish and TS just tries to dance around it further by saying "drop it" and trying to divert attention elsewhere in posts 259 and 260. Toto finally just drops it randomly after TS suggests lynching fykus and says "yeah let's just kill fykus" in post 261. Everything just screams of buddying up to me.

In addition to this, TS asks formerfish for his read on toto in post 215 and then when formerfish gives a case on toto, he just ignores it pretty much completely and just tries his best to get toto out of the situation he's in. What especially doesn't make sense to me is that he claimed that he asked toto "why are you so complacent this game?" to try to understand why he was playing so differently but during toto's push onto formerfish, he doesn't indicate at all that he's trying to figure out toto's reasoning. With respect to other players, TS asks questions such as "what is your read on ___", "why do you think _____", etc. But with toto during his push on formerfish, he doesn't ask "why are you doing this?", he, at best, just says "I wonder what he's up to hmm...." and then tries to pull toto out of the situation by diverting attention away and pushing on other people.
In post 90, nydushermain wrote:
In post 13, MooginSoosy wrote:Hi everyone! Um, what does RVS stand for?

VOTE: Secret Agent Jin
In post 48, MooginSoosy wrote:So while we're asking questions, I'd like to know why formerfish is going after jin so much still after he explained he wasn't going to be around much until the 17th. I still think jin is being suspicious, but is it worth it to continue to question someone who isn't going to be around for a little while? Wouldn't it make more sense to also question other people rather than stick to one person in this phase?
These are his first 2 posts in regards to SAJ. He never explicitly states that SAJ is scummy to him, just votes during RVS which is understandable (because of RVS). Then he justifies his RVS vote by saying "I still think jin is being suspicious" without having substantiated the reason why earlier.
In post 78, MooginSoosy wrote:Ok, so looking back here are things that I think are worth making note of:

Myself voting for jin, and I'm bringing it up now since I'm sure someone else will. I didn't know what rvs was at the time but I voted based on what fish was asking jin (why aren't you participating in rvs are you scum). I'm now realizing he was probably half joking with those questions...

Fykus giving a reason for voting for tiershift. No one else was giving reasons at this point and it was also his second post in the forum. It seemed like he was on the defense (which I guess most people would be if they're being voted for). Tiershift and fykus had a quick discussion about the exchange of votes and fykus decided to change his vote (but didnt yet) while tiershift changed his vote to jin. After that, fykus still brought up that there wasn't much going on the first day other than tiershift being somewhat aggressive about being voted for. It's interesting to me that fykus continues to be on the defense about tiershift despite the fact that tiershift changed his vote.

Tiershift changing his vote to jin and jack also voting for jin afterwards. Tiershift's vote came after formerfish explained why he was voting for jin and why it was good to question him, and jack specifically gave the reason that formerfish's "attack" seemed solid.

Have you played a game with pep before?
Then he states that his reason for voting on SAJ was because fish was asking SAJ questions which has nothing to do with SAJ being scummy or not. It sounds like he's flipping on the read because fish was possibly trolling with his questions which contradicts him stating that SAJ was still suspicious. I don't think this is how a town thinks and I feel like Moogin may just be scum faking scum hunting.
Reasons why I thought moogin could be potential scum.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:36 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

And as I stated before, I was getting the hang of it before. I didn't know what was scummy and what wasn't. I don't think I have a great handle on it now, but I'm trying different methods. How is what I did more scummy than the other 2 people that haven't played before, fykus and jack? And how is my involvement now more scummy than those two? I'm attempting to make meaningful posts and I feel they're still coasting by, jack moreso than fykus.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:54 am

Post by TierShift »

Faceplanted today while riding my bike. 8 stitches and a face covered in blood. Not recommendable.

vla until the concussion clears
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:09 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 516, TierShift wrote:Faceplanted today while riding my bike. 8 stitches and a face covered in blood. Not recommendable.

holy shit. Hope you get better soon o.O... do you need a replace?
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:26 am

Post by Fykus »

Now i feel bad for my post about him. :(
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:26 am

Post by Fykus »

p.s why isnt jin back yet? hes like 2 days late
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:41 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Secret Agent Jin has been prodded.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:06 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 516, TierShift wrote:Faceplanted today while riding my bike. 8 stitches and a face covered in blood. Not recommendable.

Oof. Feel better!!! At least you maybe have a cool scar?? Just tell people you got in a fight with a bear :P
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:51 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 518, Fykus wrote:Now i feel bad for my post about him. :(
Haha don't worry I've grilled players who were unable to post for medical reasons before. I'm still exactly as likely scum as before the incident. (this is assuming you made a post grilling me cos I haven't actually read)

After a few hours of sleep I feel a lot better so I'm positive I can stay in the game
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:58 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 522, TierShift wrote:
In post 518, Fykus wrote:Now i feel bad for my post about him. :(
Haha don't worry I've grilled players who were unable to post for medical reasons before. I'm still exactly as likely scum as before the incident. (this is assuming you made a post grilling me cos I haven't actually read)

After a few hours of sleep I feel a lot better so I'm positive I can stay in the game
If we lynch you today we can let you get a lot of rest :o
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:16 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 484, RadiantCowbells wrote:Also yes my slot is obvtown and I say that as the poster child of hyper aggressive scum play making scum intent. Toto could not and would not have pulled that off as scum and it shouldn't take a genius to figure that out.
Who do you expect to see you as obvtown? The newbies? Me? Formerfish?

Why di you think toto could not have pulled this off?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”