(NSFW) Mini 1882 - TPTG Mafia 1.5: The Fappening (NoWins)

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:25 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 171, RachMarie wrote:no read on me pod?
Most of what I have on you is setup related. Stay tuned.

I think the reads you shared in were good.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 174, Gorkington wrote:pretty worried that this setup is broken though. :/
In post 0, God of Power Outlets wrote:This game is HILARIOUSLY balanced...maybe. Just assume it is.
Your god has spoken.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:28 am

Post by Gorkington »

i mean. its overall an open setup. and im really struggling to see how certain aspects of it arent possible to abuse to the detriment of town in a really really terrible way.
trash
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:29 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So back from V/LA …

First thing I want to address is the fact that there are elements of the set-up that are greatly being under-discussed. Let’s look at those elements –
In post 0, God of Power Outlets wrote:Each new day, the Orgy starts anew. Any Lovers are treated as a single slot for the purposes of Orgy Mechanic, although only the first player involved in a Get Kinky request will count for the Off-Limits check. IE Player A and B are lovers, and Player C requests to Get Kinky with Player B. Even if Player A isn't compatible with Player C, this would still work.

Each day phase will start with an odd-number of players. If at any time this cannot be accomplished, the Town will win.
Let’s address the second part first. Given the game starts with an odd number of players as long as we don’t lose multiple players to “not getting Kinky” in a phrase any permanent Lovers Sets of 2 are basically immune to Nightkill. If you have any questions as to why please ask but the upshots of this are as follows –

1. If the day begins on Odds numbers anyone choosing to try to expand a Lovers group of 2 will be treated as claiming scum.

This is bolded because it is of paramount importance everyone sees it and any “Oh, I didn’t know” posting is to be summarily ignored.

2. Any Town player lost to lack of “Getting Kinky” should very, very carefully choose what pairings they want to be made permanent. Given the possibilities Town has to be diligent and keep player numbers on Odds these Lover Twosomes can effectively become BP Townblocks and help direct how the game progresses safely without fear of Nightkills. Scum players making a “Book of Love” choice should have the choice considered WIFOM and basically little stock being put in the choice until such point that it is possible for Lover’s Pairs to be Nightkilled by scum.

Anyone who objects needs to pipe up right away.

-

Now on to my review of the thread –

@ThinkBig
– Any reason you immediately went Kinky in the first post without so much as any fore-play at all?

DGB is probably Town. I know that “Thanks God I’m Town” may draw some attention as LAMIST or forced but I expect it from Town DGB given her recent run on MS.

@Rach
– I’d love to PT with you given your posting so far this game but I am NOT going to ask you. Sorry but the whole Fifty Shades of Grey thing is so played out and vanilla these days. Suburban Soccer Moms are all about safe-words and bondage. Leaves me totally sans hard-on.

--
In post 56, All In wrote:I was thinking we might "elect" a townread who then gets to select someone of their choice to partner up with. The partner then selects someone for the second pair and so on until only one person is left.
How do you think this is any more likely to force scum to miss pairing up at all? And given that Off Limits Kinks probably submarines any plan that doesn’t take them into account I’m truly puzzled.
In post 57, All In wrote:outing off-limits will only give scum the opportunity to manipulate things. I'm not a big fan of that.
This also makes no sense to me in context of your “Let’s elect and pair up” plan which makes me feel it has the makings of posturing rather than honest Town posting.
In post 81, All In wrote:I'm very interested in hearing how you're expecting scum to die if we're not going to agree on who is going to be unselected.
Given my opening post I’ve very curious how you don’t seem the potential for Town to win the game with carefully selected Town-Town BP immune lovers who box scum down into losing by keeping the number of living players at Odds at the start of each day.
In post 88, All In wrote:I have actually. I don't see the problem.
Clearly you haven’t read and considered carefully. Why not?

--
In post 121, podoboq wrote:Scum can't possibly have any compatible pairings within themselves, because if they did, they'd just auto-win by pairing with eachother every day.
And here is my first scum read for piss-poor mechanical assessment of the set-up. And for which is weak use of meta and feels like scum knowing Dram is town and looking for an easy reason to call him that.

Also for . If I could vote it would be here.

--
In post 143, Gorkington wrote:hi fresh did you roll scum with thinkbig?
Elaborate. Curious the line of logic that gets you to this …

--
In post 149, KuroiXHF wrote:Fucking hell.

I have some serious catching up to do.
Here’s my second early scum-read. 6 pages is not something that requires “Serious catching up” given that there is a ton of RP fluffery going on.

Nn30 gets a similar mild scum read for .
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Gorkington »

everything about fresh/thinkbig interactions scream "no this isnt real". fresh is asking for people to partner with him. thinkbig says "lol okay" for basically no reason when fresh has done nothing. fresh responds by saying "hmmmm well yes hm yes i am trying to sort you definitely hmmm".
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Gorkington »

you also have that thinkbig doesnt even respond and fresh drops it entirely. and that fresh's response to being pushed about it is really weird and defensive. but i mean.
trash
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:34 am

Post by dramonic »

Hi, I'm speaking up about your poor assessment of certain aspects of the setup MoI!~
In post 177, Gorkington wrote:i mean. its overall an open setup. and im really struggling to see how certain aspects of it arent possible to abuse to the detriment of town in a really really terrible way.
Then look harder.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:35 am

In post 179, Gorkington wrote:everything about fresh/thinkbig interactions scream "no this isnt real". fresh is asking for people to partner with him. thinkbig says "lol okay" for basically no reason when fresh has done nothing. fresh responds by saying "hmmmm well yes hm yes i am trying to sort you definitely hmmm".
Meh. The only way that works is if they are both Scum and know that Fresh can't "Get Kinky" with ThinkBig due to Off-Limit kinks. Or scum don't have Daytalk which the very Nightless nature of the game I think disproves.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:36 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 178, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 121, podoboq wrote:Scum can't possibly have any compatible pairings within themselves, because if they did, they'd just auto-win by pairing with eachother every day.
And here is my first scum read for piss-poor mechanical assessment of the set-up.
If scum can pair within themselves, then at the very least they can force a draw, since they can never be "lynched" and I assume their night-kill is non-mandatory.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:36 am

In post 181, dramonic wrote:Hi, I'm speaking up about your poor assessment of certain aspects of the setup MoI!~
Until I see some reasoning I'll just assume you are flapping your beak to be you ...

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:37 am

Post by dramonic »

You guys are apparently completely ignoring the fact that lover pairs that are commited with the book of love need to commit extra-marital kinky stuff every day or they
both
die.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:38 am

In post 183, podoboq wrote:If scum can pair within themselves, then at the very least they can force a draw, since they can never be "lynched" and I assume their night-kill is non-mandatory.
So two assumptions you have no reason to make given the set-up ...

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:38 am

Post by dramonic »

being bonded isn't a free-pass. If the couple doesn't get kinky in a day everyone in the couple dies. They count as a
solo
player.
Please read the rules properly before you spout nonsense <3
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:40 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 186, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 183, podoboq wrote:If scum can pair within themselves, then at the very least they can force a draw, since they can never be "lynched" and I assume their night-kill is non-mandatory.
So two assumptions you have no reason to make given the set-up ...
Someone dies D1 -> bonded pair
someone dies N1 -> 11p including a bonded pair
2 people dies D2 and the bonded pair becomes a trio -> 3p + 5x 1p + 3 scum most likely.
If scumkill is mandatory they lose at that point.

Just stop Magna.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:40 am

Post by dramonic »

3x 1p not 5x 1p
point stands.
I'm a hoot
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:41 am

Post by Gorkington »

im probably not understanding how this is going to cascade forward.
trash
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:44 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 0, God of Power Outlets wrote:Scum will name a player to be killed, and the night phase will be resolved immediately. Dawn will begin.
Will the lover of this night-kill not ALSO die (regardless of whether or not they were made permanent)? They're lovers until the next day, right?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:44 am

In post 187, dramonic wrote:being bonded isn't a free-pass. If the couple doesn't get kinky in a day everyone in the couple dies. They count as a solo player.
Please read the rules properly before you spout nonsense <3
In post 0, God of Power Outlets wrote:The last player who has no one to Get Kinky Wit-It will be lynched, and their alignment flipped. If there are multiple players, a second chance will be given. If there are still multiple players after this, they will all be lynched.

The lynched player will get to hand out the Book of Love to one of the Lover groups. Those Lovers will be made permanent. This will happen during Twilight.

Each new day, the Orgy starts anew.
Any Lovers are treated as a single slot for the purposes of Orgy Mechanic
, although only the first player involved in a Get Kinky request will count for the Off-Limits check. IE Player A and B are lovers, and Player C requests to Get Kinky with Player B. Even if Player A isn't compatible with Player C, this would still work.
I don’t see anything specifying that Book of Lover players aren’t already considered as “Getting Kinky” with their permanent lover.

Since the Mods say they will not answer directly I'm sending a PM now ...

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:46 am

Post by dramonic »

No, non-permanent lovers break up at night start.
That's ALSO in the opening post.
I'm a hoot
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:46 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 182, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Meh. The only way that works is if they are both Scum and know that Fresh can't "Get Kinky" with ThinkBig due to Off-Limit kinks. Or scum don't have Daytalk which the very Nightless nature of the game I think disproves.
this is assuming that scum arent willing to partner and also assuming that even if its not optimal for scum to partner that thinkbig might not have realized that it was not optimal. assuming that scum are "too good" to do something is pretty limiting. and thinkbig is like really really realllllllly likely scum as things stand.
trash
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:47 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 178, MagnaofIllusion wrote:And for 165 which is weak use of meta and feels like scum knowing Dram is town and looking for an easy reason to call him that.
In post 169, podoboq wrote:dramonic: He's playing exactly like he was in Musical Mafia, and despite snapping me up as a lover, he's not attempting to buddy me. He's insulting my bad ideas to my face.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:49 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 193, dramonic wrote:No, non-permanent lovers break up at night start.
That's ALSO in the opening post.
nvm that part was a mod exchange. Albeit a really obvious one.
I'm a hoot
God of Power Outlets
God of Power Outlets
Goon
God of Power Outlets
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:55 am

Post by God of Power Outlets »

Mod Note: As this question has come up frequently it is worth mentioning. A pair who is made permanent after Day 1 will be treated as a single playerslot for the purposes of the Orgy Mechanic. For example, Player A and B enter Day 2 as a permanent pair. They are a single playerslot for the Orgy, and if they don't Get Kinky with another player they are the day's lynch. They, like everyone else, would only have one opportunity to ask another player to group up.

Any lovers not made permanent break up at the conclusion of the Day phase.
My name is kuribo, and I'm a certified G and a bonafied stud. And you can't. Teach. That. And this right here? This is T-Bone. And he's 7 feet tall. And you can't. Teach. That. And this is Tripod, and he's hot as hell. And you can't. Teach. That. Badaboom, Realest guys in the room! How you doin'?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:58 am

In post 188, dramonic wrote:Someone dies D1 -> bonded pair
someone dies N1 -> 11p including a bonded pair
2 people dies D2 and the bonded pair becomes a trio -> 3p + 5x 1p + 3 scum most likely.
If scumkill is mandatory they lose at that point.

Just stop Magna.
Nah.

If your Day 2 theory holds up then we have the following situation ...

After the Nightkill we go into Day 2 with 11 players ... 1 permanent pair and 9 other players. Someone making the pair a threesome leaves 8 players left. So either ...

1. All 8 players match up into 4 twosomes and we have 11 players going into night with NO Book of Love handed out due to no lynch. In that case the threesome does not get made permanent and scum are free to shoot the two-some resulting in 9 players Day 3.
2. Multiple players don't match. In which case we have an even number of players being lynched resulting in multiple players handing out Books of love meaning scum have at least one twosome to shoot for to being Day 3 on Odds.

So no "Scum automatically lose" scenario that makes the Nightkill not compulsory.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:59 am

Post by shos »

I haven't read this page fully, just saying I kind ahave tp go
V/LA until friday.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”