Newbie 1777: Wedding In Vegas! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm getting some mixed vibes from Ingeel. Talk to me about 247 Sens. Please.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by SensFan »

With pleasure.
In post 247, Ingeel wrote:I think they're sincere but they have no town motivated push behind them(at least for Srceen's case).
My case can't be both sincere and without any Town motivation. That's mutually exclusive, and sounds like we're just using buzzwords here.
In post 247, Ingeel wrote:His play feels genuine to me, and lots of town motivation. I don't see newb scum immediately gunning for NL and saying "let invests handle it"
Doesn't give a reason for the play being genuine, or what town motivation might be there.
In post 247, Ingeel wrote:If anything, and sorry for reading into crumbs or what not, it's a townslip for him being TI
Now we're outing a potential PR.
In post 247, Ingeel wrote:(which he claimed against as VT which is believable).
Oh good. Now we're talking about the potential falseclaim of a PR
In post 247, Ingeel wrote:However, knowing it might have been risky to claim TI he claimed cit. I believe he's cit in the end but if anything his ISO is pure town.
And now we're discussing the reasons/excuses for Town to falseclaim while STILL talking about a potential outed PR
In post 247, Ingeel wrote:And Doctor, if you're a thing, please heal Srceen
Outing one potential PR wasn't enough for this post, we now need to also try and direct another.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Ingeel
Ingeel
Goon
Ingeel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by Ingeel »

A quick skim of the rolelist + any basic mafia intelligence would pick that up, and Doctor roles with cop. And the reason I don't explain what "town-motivation" is is because it's self explanatory, along with his play feeling genuine. Both are self-explanatory, and trying to paint that in a bad light is just wrong
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

-Grey- replaces Epid immediately! Please welcome him!
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Good evening!

It's a pleasure to be here.

UNVOTE:

Reading up!
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 34, Srceenplay wrote:VOTE: no lynch
First day is always mislynch. Mafia would love that. Let's get to night so out invests can do there jobs.
*ping*

This doesn't sound like the town!srceenplay I remember.
In post 5, Srceenplay wrote:Hello everyone. First game hope it's fun.
Now let's make sure I can figure out this vote thing.

VOTE: TOTO
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 37, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 35, JenLew wrote:
First day is always mislynch. Mafia would love that. Let's get to night so out invests can do there jobs.
Lynching is the only way to get to night without having to wait for 2 weeks :yawn:
That is wrong. You can vote no lynch. Let the cop find the scum at night. That way we don't have to mislynch a town.

VOTE: nolynch
In post 40, Srceenplay wrote:The other assumption is that you will be able to lynch scum without them getting information on a pr.

Scum will kill at night that is unavoidable. Mislynching is avoidable by
VOTE: no lynch

Are you ok with lynching a town? I'm not.
In post 43, JenLew wrote:Newbs at the game, strategy, possibility that cop (if there is one) might just inv the right person. The reasons are endless
No Kill doesn't prevent a guilty on a cop check...
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Oops, just meant to reply to the last quote.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 65, Drixx wrote:I'm inclined to just assume we've got caught scum (you) in this bizarre turn of posts.
That's my take on it so far as well.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 72, Srceenplay wrote:Well I did.
Plus she posted since and ignored my vote and fact that I called her scum.
TBF, I'd have ignored it too if I was her because there's no meat on the bone.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 75, SensFan wrote:Hello everyone. Checking in.
Hello, third early townread.

This game gonna be easy peasy.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 96, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 69, MMM wrote:If you're assuming LadyeAeaea + Drixx based on post 24 that's a longshot
In post 70, Srceenplay wrote:A long shot that now two people seen independently?
In post 71, MMM wrote:I mean I have to admit I had my own thoughts about that but I don't want to jump to conclusions.
In post 72, Srceenplay wrote:Well I did.
Plus she posted since and ignored my vote and fact that I called her scum.
Voting LadyAwhatshername over post 24 is all kinds of terribad.

Now I just have to figure out if it's scum!terribad or town!terribad.

Ugh.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 103, JenLew wrote:
In post 95, Srceenplay wrote:Your threats are not appropriate. I feel like you are mad/angry that is who I'm voting.
Now you resort to this? Playing a victim? He's just stating the obvious seeing that you keep avoiding everyone's main question. How did you jump from no lynch to LadyA? That's all that everyone would like to know and you keep on avoiding the it. First you suddenly claim to be town hero and now Drixx is threatening you....what's next, people attacking you personally? This looks like grabbing for straws if you ask me....
Are you scum?

I think you might be scum.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 105, JenLew wrote:
In post 67, Srceenplay wrote:What will you have to go on the next day when you find out you lost the town hero?
Well, if you turn out to be scum - whooo hoodoo
If you turn out to be town - your sudden and random accusation could have some weight and there will be n list of new suspects based on votes and reactions towards you, thus, we will at least get some info
Eh. I'd rather find out he's town while he's still alive.

Saving mislynches, and all.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 109, MMM wrote:Having some fresh opinions on Srceenplay would be great because right now I'm pretty sure everyone's just agreeing with wanting him gone. I'm probably also kinda guilty of this but I won't put him at L-1 yet.
Here's a fresh opinion:

I don't buy his derp!push as scum play. He seemed genuinely enthusiastic about catching a slip and he was obviously feeling validated when he saw that you were able to identify the basis of his scumread.

He's not a townread, but I'm not climbing on his wagon over that.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 114, MMM wrote:On second thought however some good might come from this.
UNVOTE: Firescreamer
VOTE: Srceenplay you have some explaining to do and properly at that.
This is L-1. Hammer him without declaring intent and I will hunt you down mercilessly if he flips town.
Terrible vote.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 116, JenLew wrote:At least if he flips town there would be 5 suspects to check out. If he flips scum there's about 2 who sort of sided with him. Which ever way he flips it will narrow down the search
You're pinging scum to me again.

Town points for anyone that sees what I see in this post. Drixx is disqualified due to insider info.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 140, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 137, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 135, MMM wrote:Wheeee Firescreamer said something
I said at the beginning of my last post that I really couldn't do much yesterday. Usually i'll try to very clearly signpost when i'm going to be around if i'm gone for a day.
In post 136, Srceenplay wrote:very unlikely to find better lynch than me,in 12 days time? Common give yourself and town more credit than that.

I am a VT.

I have made actions and points to see how people react. If anyone thinks they found scum this fast they don't understand the game and implying it's that easy is a misrep of the game.
"I was only pretending to be scummy, how could you think the person doing this was scum"
That's a fair interpretation.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from Slayer's Gambit until you know what you're doing.

Unvote srceenplay and give me time to finish catching up, because I'm fairly certain I've caught scum thanks to srceenplay's ill-executed gambit.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 171, LadyeAeaea wrote:Are you disagreeing that there is a direct disincentive to lynch the IC?
I am.

Most any questions should be able to be answered d1.

By the time you have your first lynch under your belt, you understand the basics of how to play, and that's all the IC is obligated to provide.

Any info gained from the IC on following days may be a
bonus
, but players are not penalized if they kill the slot (unless they quicklynch on d1, of course).
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:23 pm

Post by MMM »

In post 266, -Grey- wrote:
In post 116, JenLew wrote:At least if he flips town there would be 5 suspects to check out. If he flips scum there's about 2 who sort of sided with him. Which ever way he flips it will narrow down the search
You're pinging scum to me again.

Town points for anyone that sees what I see in this post. Drixx is disqualified due to insider info.
I assume the fact she's just narrowing down suspects based on votes, but I feel like you see more than that for some reason.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Post by MMM »

In post 255, -Grey- wrote:
*ping*

This doesn't sound like the town!srceenplay I remember.
In post 5, Srceenplay wrote:Hello everyone. First game hope it's fun.
Now let's make sure I can figure out this vote thing.

VOTE: TOTO
If we use this meta then it's also the first and only game I've seen (from my very limited MS experience) Sens not want to adhere to the hammer rule.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:30 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 187, Srceenplay wrote:I have a FOS on MMM and Jenlew
Cool.

Me too. More Jen than MMM, though.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:34 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 198, Srceenplay wrote:Agree
If sensfan wishes to play with that intent, we should not put anyone at L-1 without intent.

With that said I have FOS on Sensfan.
He's not scum, he's misguided town.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 207, Ingeel wrote:
In post 203, SensFan wrote:Arguing about the concept isn't relevant. The idea that you're using my philosophy to justify a paradigm where people can be even *more* likely to avoid placing a vote they don't want to is very much worth discussing, though. And it's not like you can realistically have people act like they're at L-1 just because they're at L-2 and the Sens boogeyman is out there and might maybe potentially hammer them.
This response is disgusting. This isn't a fast-paced game. You take your time, analyze your associates and go from there.

I'd be willing to lynch Sens of Drixx today, and for now VOTE: SensFan
Yeaaaaa...NO.

Not agreeing with someone's theory doesn't make them scum.

Terrible vote is terrible.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 210, Srceenplay wrote:To much time has been spent on this. It is not right and it is wrong. It goes against good play style and meta. It's ok if you want to play that way, try it out , test it whatever. It should not be done in a newbie game, go try it in a normal game.

If that's the way they choose to play fine. As a group we can work around that play style.
It seems they are arguing a play style. Play style can be nai.
Move on until something scummy happens.
#goodposting
---

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”