Newbie 1777: Wedding In Vegas! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JenLew
JenLew
Townie
JenLew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:47 am

Post by JenLew »

In post 544, -Grey- wrote:
In post 542, MMM wrote:Also if you're town I'm gonna be disappointed at your lack of defense.
Yeah, I really have to agree with this.

Jen has no reason to think I wasn't capable of changing my read on her after Fire and I talked things out.
Oh please. Go and have a look at your posts. Lady A tried to disagree with you and suddenly she was on your scum radar. This post is just ridiculous
JenLew
JenLew
Townie
JenLew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:48 am

Post by JenLew »

In post 542, MMM wrote:Also if you're town I'm gonna be disappointed at your lack of defense.
I have explained this before so please stop skimming
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:50 am

Post by MMM »

In post 546, JenLew wrote:
In post 539, MMM wrote:Hey Jen while you can still post, wanna give a list of reads?
That would be a better use of your time for town assuming that you're actually flipping green.
Well tbh I'm of the srceenplay wagon.

But yes, grey did get my interest. And no, not just because he focused on me. I would have felt the same if he did this with anyone else as well. Joining a game and instantly stating, proving and forming a wagon based on a case without any proof is just strange. From the get go he confirmed me scum without me saying a word to him or him asking any questions. How can he be so sure I'm scum? Same question goes to you. You jump on that wagon just as fast and also 100% confirmed scum.

If I had to guess I'll say one of you two. Its hard to make a case against grey seeing that he just joined and hadn't said anything other that analyze peoples posts. Also it would just look like a grudge.

Then you on the other hand jumped my wagon without much convincing.
I've reread his case on you just now and I still think you're scum.
JenLew
JenLew
Townie
JenLew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:50 am

Post by JenLew »

In post 549, -Grey- wrote:
In post 548, JenLew wrote:
In post 543, -Grey- wrote:
In post 538, JenLew wrote:
In post 535, MMM wrote:
In post 495, JenLew wrote:Hammer and be done with it. At least after I flip town you'll see there might have been something more in my statement about looking at Grey more closely than "OMGYS" as FS called it earlier.
What happened to this?
I'm calling them as I see them. I'm out already so I don't need to be worried about raising suspision.
Being worried about raising suspicion... raises suspicion.
Oh really? Look what my absolutely normal posts (according to me) did to me
Look, it's a bit late to be reaching out to me now.

Where was this interest in engaging me when it would have mattered?
I had no interest in engaging you from the get go and still don't. I saw from the little spat with Lady A that's there's no changing your mind when its made up
JenLew
JenLew
Townie
JenLew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:51 am

Post by JenLew »

In post 552, MMM wrote:
In post 546, JenLew wrote:
In post 539, MMM wrote:Hey Jen while you can still post, wanna give a list of reads?
That would be a better use of your time for town assuming that you're actually flipping green.
Well tbh I'm of the srceenplay wagon.

But yes, grey did get my interest. And no, not just because he focused on me. I would have felt the same if he did this with anyone else as well. Joining a game and instantly stating, proving and forming a wagon based on a case without any proof is just strange. From the get go he confirmed me scum without me saying a word to him or him asking any questions. How can he be so sure I'm scum? Same question goes to you. You jump on that wagon just as fast and also 100% confirmed scum.

If I had to guess I'll say one of you two. Its hard to make a case against grey seeing that he just joined and hadn't said anything other that analyze peoples posts. Also it would just look like a grudge.

Then you on the other hand jumped my wagon without much convincing.
I've reread his case on you just now and I still think you're scum.
Well I guess then your trust is going to be shattered when the write up is posted
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:53 am

Post by -Grey- »

Spoiler: Proof JenLew is Full of Shit
In post 300, -Grey- wrote:And Firescreamer becomes a blip on my radar.
In post 305, -Grey- wrote:Fire pinging with the fake scumhunting.
In post 306, -Grey- wrote:
In post 301, FireScreamer wrote:Show thine working. And/or let me finish my reads on everyone.
When I'm ready to decorate my living room with your intestines, you'll see plenty of my work.
In post 314, -Grey- wrote:
In post 313, FireScreamer wrote:
Fake scumhunting how? How does it differentiate from real scumhunting? I was away most of yesterday and want to come in and give my thoughts on everyone in the game. My reasoning being as a town player I have the utmost incentive to put what I think down as clearly as possible to get feedback on it. If I were scum this cements me in place and I can't be nearly as opportunistic as i've commited to how I feel about someone and can't radically change that without showing my working
Post shows that your analysis is superficial and your intent to gamesolve is a farce.

Put on your detective hat and figure out why, and I just might be swayed into writing it off.
In post 318, -Grey- wrote:
In post 317, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 314, -Grey- wrote:
In post 313, FireScreamer wrote:
Fake scumhunting how? How does it differentiate from real scumhunting? I was away most of yesterday and want to come in and give my thoughts on everyone in the game. My reasoning being as a town player I have the utmost incentive to put what I think down as clearly as possible to get feedback on it. If I were scum this cements me in place and I can't be nearly as opportunistic as i've commited to how I feel about someone and can't radically change that without showing my working
Post shows that your analysis is superficial and your intent to gamesolve is a farce.

Put on your detective hat and figure out why, and I just might be swayed into writing it off.
I honestly don't understand. Epid has like 7 posts. Like 4 of them substantive and those are regarding the Screenwagon wherein everyone at that point, town or scum, would have assessed screenplay as scum or trolly. I really don't feel like there is much to say on that ISO.

Oh. I think I might have said too much, not too little? Is that it? I pulled out some things that were more of a distraction than anything to talk about I guess. I just didn't want to post nothing at all for the guy.
BZZZZZT!

I'm sorry, but that is not the correct answer.

Details will be provided in twilight, so don't you worry.
In post 330, -Grey- wrote:Updated reads:

{Drixx, srceenplay}
{SensFan, MMM}
{LadyeAeaea}
{Ingeel, FireScreamer}
{JenLew}

Once I turn one of those leans into a full on scumread, I'll be a happy camper.
In post 332, -Grey- wrote:
In post 188, UpTooLate wrote:
Ingeel replaces Meduna immediately. Please welcome them!

Vc when I get home!
In post 189, Ingeel wrote:Catching up to what the thread is looking like currently.
In post 191, Ingeel wrote:
In post 30, FireScreamer wrote:Hiya folks. This is likely going to be my only post today but i'll make up for it tomorrow. Just super busy today. A couple of questions since we are all coming from different places

1. How much experience have you had with mafia before this game? Is this just your first game on this site or your first game?
2. Do you feel you have specific playstyle ticks that we should be aware of before hand? Obviously if you are super new this shouldn't apply
3. What are you hoping to get out of this game?

Oh and lets get our RVS on

VOTE: SensFan because the IC is always right. #AppealtoAuthority
1)I've played on a separate forum for a bit over a year now. What forum that is wish not disclose because I'd rather not get constant reminders from people on that forum games here are up.
2)I don't like making long posts. You could say I like getting to the point.
3)See whether or not I like this site because I've been looking for a second site.
In post 34, Srceenplay wrote:VOTE: no lynch
First day is always mislynch. Mafia would love that. Let's get to night so out invests can do there jobs.
Is this your first game? Sorry if I missed this.
In post 41, JenLew wrote:In my mind a NL vote is exactly the same as not voting at all.

It's never ok to lose a member on your side but a lynch will give us more info than doing nothing. You also have no guarantees that scum will make a night kill. They could also just not do anything to wait and see what happens
I agree with this.
In post 48, Srceenplay wrote:Fine then. I think you have better understanding than me MMM.

The obvious scum is

VOTE: LadyeAeaea
I was going to let the cop investigate it first but it's obvious enough to just vote her and get her gone.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMiYklHvjk[/youtube]
If I recall correctly they hadn't or if they had posted only once or twice. The push that went off it I can see but the subsequent votes came on too fast for what is likely an egotistical maniac.(at this time)
In post 56, JenLew wrote:VOTE: Screenplay

Something's just off about your reasoning.
:ok_hand:
In post 65, Drixx wrote:
In post 59, Srceenplay wrote:I found one scum for us. Vote her up.
:Mic Drop:
I'm out.
And then the sudden reversal to this.

So the way I see it, one of two things is going on here.

1.) You realized the mistake of your no lynch push and jumped to this to try and get the attention off of that.
2.) You're scum and are making one heck of a gambit.

This only plays out a couple of ways. Since you have given no actual reasoning to believe she is scum, it logically follows you don't have any. Please do correct me if I'm wrong on this point.

So we could lynch you, and if you flip scum we can reasonably assume that either she's town or it was a gambit. It would be a pretty big stretch for it to be a gambit, but possible. If we lynch you and you flip town, we learn nothing whatsoever. If we lynch her and she flips town, then you go tomorrow, and if you're town that means you put us into 5 man LYLO with this stunt (presuming no kills are stopped).

I'm inclined to just assume we've got caught scum (you) in this bizarre turn of posts.

Please explain why and how you have "found one scum for us". If your explanation and reasoning make no sense, be prepared to defend yourself, because I can see absolutely zero town motive in your play so far, but lots and lots of potential scum motives.
I honestly don't like the ending parts of this entire post, but this in particular. I'm honestly leaning he's a VI at this point. Not too found of Drixx currently.
In post 78, Drixx wrote:There has been no explanation whatsoever. You are being intentionally obtuse. At this point, I am going to just assume that you are trolling, and you're going to find a hostile audience to that on this site.

VOTE: Srceenplay
Sort of a "scapegoat" assuming Drixx is scum and he flips town so nobody can really be mad at him. Thought's here but can verbalize it.
In post 136, Srceenplay wrote:very unlikely to find better lynch than me,in 12 days time? Common give yourself and town more credit than that.

I am a VT.

I have made actions and points to see how people react. If anyone thinks they found scum this fast they don't understand the game and implying it's that easy is a misrep of the game.
This is as almost bad as some dude on another forum. Not sure if they come here but they were always town. And this play definitely feels town.
In post 196, FireScreamer wrote:While I disagree with SensFan I do not think this is a scumtell. This seems to be entirely playstyle based and is a nulltell. I suggest we now post intent to L-1 a wagon that Sen is not part of to play around it. Just be mindful about the guy and he can't actually do anything with his hammerhappy approach.
Not doing yourself any favors.
In post 335, -Grey- wrote:
In post 333, FireScreamer wrote:Do you really think that was a mistake that scum more often than town makes?
Yes, actually.

Ingeel was in the Meduna slot a day before I replaced Epid.

Scum doesn't have to read, because they have the answers that town is looking for.

It just so happens, not reading the thread has the side effect of making one blind to changes in the game state.
In post 346, -Grey- wrote:As far as I'm concerned, JenLew is the only option for today.

Ingeel/FireScreamer is a decision for tomorrow. Leaning Ingeel ATM, but the day is yet young.
In post 356, -Grey- wrote:
In post 355, -Grey- wrote:It's nice to see a read I can vibe with that I haven't already posted myself.

I'm feeling the warm fuzzies!
Edit.
In post 358, -Grey- wrote:Right answer.

And you're climbing in my reads again.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
JenLew
JenLew
Townie
JenLew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:57 am

Post by JenLew »

You can just carry on like this. You're in for a huge surprise
JenLew
JenLew
Townie
JenLew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:58 am

Post by JenLew »

So if I understood everybody's speculation correctly you've got at least one more mislynch left before town is done for
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:00 am

Post by MMM »

Yup.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:01 am

Post by -Grey- »

You have no excuses for not trying to engage me when I flipped my read on FireScreamer after he towned the fuck up.

I refuse to be your scapegoat for shitting the bed regardless of alignment.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
JenLew
JenLew
Townie
JenLew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:13 am

Post by JenLew »

Wow! You already got my lynch. So why not just get over it right about now and move on
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:15 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 560, JenLew wrote:Wow! You already got my lynch. So why not just get over it right about now and move on
Because I refuse to let you pawn off your bad play as somehow being my fault when there is direct evidence that what you are claiming is blatantly false.
---
JenLew
JenLew
Townie
JenLew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:23 am

Post by JenLew »

I never said I'm good at this game. And please if you've get any more insults. At least keep them until after the write up, maybe you'll choke on them then
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:39 am

Post by FireScreamer »

Jenlew you got emotional and shut down/ lashed out yesterday. If you had been like this yesterday you'd have created a lot more discussion and forced people to think at worst.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:43 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Vote Count 1.10

[0]MMM -
[0]Firescreamer -
[0]Ingeel -
[0]-Grey- -
[LYNCH]
[5]JenLew - -Grey-, MMM, Firescreamer, Srceenplay, SensFan
[0]LadyeAeaea -
[2]SensFan - Ingeel, LadyeAeaea
[0]Srceenplay -
[0]Drixx -

[2]Not Voting - Drixx, JenLew

With
alive it takes
to lynch!

Mod Notes - Good Morning!

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-02-27 22:55:55).
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:45 am

Post by UpTooLate »

JenLew has been lynched!

Spoiler: JenLew was a
Vanilla Townie!
[/spoiler]

Night 1 ends and all actions are due in (expired on 2017-02-20 10:46:39)!
Get to know me!
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:57 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Srceenplay has been killed!

Spoiler: Srceenplay was a
Vanilla Townie!
[/spoiler]
Get to know me!
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:59 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Vote Count 2.00

[0]MMM -
[0]Firescreamer -
[0]Ingeel -
[0]-Grey- -
[0]LadyeAeaea -
[0]SensFan -
[0]Drixx -

[7]Not Voting - MMM, Firescreamer, Ingeel, -Grey-, LadyeAeaea, SensFan, Drixx

With
alive it takes
to lynch!

Mod Notes - Happy Monday!

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2017-03-06 10:58:56).
Get to know me!
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:17 am

Post by FireScreamer »

Jenlaw was an unfortunate flip but one that I couldn't see us avoiding. Guys if you want to suddenly start acting like obvious town can you do it BEFORE we hammer you. TY.

Shoutout to SrScreenplay who performed a pretty reasonable gambit and did the important thing at least of talking himself back down from the gallows to the point where he was almost universally a town read, which probably lead to his demise.

I think wagon analyzing here is going to be fairly misleading. Grey made an actual good case which most of us if not all agreed with or were indifferent to. The lynch could have easily got to around a hammering stage without scum involvement and then once it was Jen threw herself on her sword in bizarre fashion.

{Grey}
{Drixx}

{Sens}

{MMM, Lady}

{Ingeel}

I don't understand almost any of the reads in Ingeel's own list in post 492 and would like to see at the very least his reasoning on MMM, Lady and myself.

VOTE: Ingeel
Ingeel
Ingeel
Goon
Ingeel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Ingeel »

In post 568, FireScreamer wrote: I think wagon analyzing here is going to be fairly misleading. Grey made an actual good case which most of us if not all agreed with or were indifferent to. The lynch could have easily got to around a hammering stage without scum involvement and then once it was Jen threw herself on her sword in bizarre fashion.
I don't like this part of the post. What he says in it is not false, but I'm not liking how he's warding off wagon analyzing which is generally a useful tool for finding scum. Now if you don't mind I'm going to do exactly that.

Also, since I had no time to say it yesterday, don't claim if you were jailed or not. It's better if mafia stay uninformed about the roles in the game. If someone was jailed they know the rolelist. Plus this could help prove a Jailkeeper later need they to, assuming we have one.

Anyways, I'll have reasoning and what not soon for those.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:45 am

Post by -Grey- »

Interesting.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:57 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 564, UpTooLate wrote:
Vote Count 1.10

[0]MMM -
[0]Firescreamer -
[0]Ingeel -
[0]-Grey- -
[LYNCH]
[5]JenLew - -Grey-, MMM, Firescreamer, Srceenplay, SensFan
[0]LadyeAeaea -
[2]SensFan - Ingeel, LadyeAeaea
[0]Srceenplay -
[0]Drixx -

[2]Not Voting - Drixx, JenLew

With
alive it takes
to lynch!

Mod Notes - Good Morning!

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-02-27 22:55:55).
In post 568, FireScreamer wrote:The lynch could have easily got to around a hammering stage without scum involvement and then once it was Jen threw herself on her sword in bizarre fashion.

{Grey}
{Drixx}

{Sens}

{MMM, Lady}

{Ingeel}
Explain, please, why MMM is considered scummy when your post suggests that the scum team lies within {Drixx, Ingeel, Lady A}.

While I certainly believe one of {Ingeel/Lady A} to be scum, I highly doubt both are due to their presence on the same wagon at the end of yesterday.

Scum doesn't group up like that unless it's on an active wagon that they have a vested interest in pushing all the way through to lynch.
---
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:07 am

Post by MMM »

Oh it's finally day again
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:08 am

Post by MMM »

Atm my vote would go to Ingeel, but I'm gonna withhold it for now.
FireScreamer
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
FireScreamer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:12 am

Post by FireScreamer »

In post 569, Ingeel wrote:
In post 568, FireScreamer wrote: I think wagon analyzing here is going to be fairly misleading. Grey made an actual good case which most of us if not all agreed with or were indifferent to. The lynch could have easily got to around a hammering stage without scum involvement and then once it was Jen threw herself on her sword in bizarre fashion.
I don't like this part of the post. What he says in it is not false, but I'm not liking how he's warding off wagon analyzing which is generally a useful tool for finding scum. Now if you don't mind I'm going to do exactly that.

Also, since I had no time to say it yesterday, don't claim if you were jailed or not. It's better if mafia stay uninformed about the roles in the game. If someone was jailed they know the rolelist. Plus this could help prove a Jailkeeper later need they to, assuming we have one.

Anyways, I'll have reasoning and what not soon for those.
You don't get to agree with what I say and at the same time call me scummy for saying it. I was specifically talking about this wagon due to the nature of it and very clearly explained why. You responded by saying that I wasn't wrong and then spoke in generalities.
In post 571, -Grey- wrote: Explain, please, why MMM is considered scummy when your post suggests that the scum team lies within {Drixx, Ingeel, Lady A}.
I'm saying that speculation on the wagon is likely going to be less useful than general. I think scum certainly didn't need to cast the final votes on it (Though specifically I think Sens as scum can't wait for someone else to hammer). You babystepped MMM though your entire thought process on Jenlew however and it was early on the wagon. MMM's vote and to a lesser extent mine came before I think scum could make the assumption that the wagon would get there without them.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”