Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:38 am

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 1.6
Eddie Cane
(3): SweetBlueFlowers , Fro99er , TTTT
SweetBlueFlowers
(2): Eddie Cane , GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
(1): Sobolev Space
Fro99er
(1): Lowell

Not Voting
(2): borkjerfkin , Bellaphant

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Day one ends March 4th at 1pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-03-04 13:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Lowell is V/LA until Thursday
Last edited by Aristophanes on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 215, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 168, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 107, Fro99er wrote:Now that I reread it, the second sentence looks like trying to keep suspicion on. The first sentence also kinda looks like GL read into what Bork was trying to get at and answered accordingly.
It is absolutely meant to keep suspicion on. I didn't like the naked vote and I didn't like her response to me, I see no reason to townread SBF yet. This thought from you feels intellectually lazy, as if you're operating from a framework where casting suspicion on anyone is automatically scummy.
I think Fro99er has shown he is the opposite of intellectually lazy - I want to come back to a poost from him in a second. Can you expand a little on your last sentence?
Well, Fro99er has since pointed out that he didn't say that people on his "list" are scummy, which makes me wonder why he's even keeping it. Just pointing out that players scumread him but are not voting him doesn't give any actual insight into his thoughts on those players. Like, he's noted/implied that Lowell, TTTT, and I have all done this, but we can't all be scum.

It's possible that he's fishing for reactions/responses to his "list" and using this to make reads, but he hasn't been open about that so far. So I'm saying that just pointing out that you have this list, and yet not offering actual reads about it, is lazy. At best, he's holding back.
In post 215, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 210, GuiltyLion wrote:I will say that the reasoning for my TR on TTTT is dependent on SS actually being town. A SS scumflip would swing me to taking a harder look at TTTT again. Eddie asked him about why he was townreading SS, I'd like to see him answer that
ummm say what about pre-associatives before a flip? Can you explain this a little?
yes, say what about pre-associative before a flip. I just explained that my reason for townreading TTTT is that I don't think scum!TTTT would have made that townread on a town!SS. It follows that if SS is scum, that reasoning does not apply and it's therefore possible TTTT could be scum with her.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 219, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 209, GuiltyLion wrote:what specifically about his play in that game reminds you of this game?
His focus on meta reads and (to a lesser degree) wifom.
but Fro99er has already said in this game that he uses wifom as either alignment. I'm having a hard time believing that you think one similar use of wifom in a town game would therefore make him town in this one - but then again, you didn't even say he was town (see point below).

I'd like to see him comment on this.
In post 219, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 209, GuiltyLion wrote:And why go through the motion of explaining this just to shelve him at a nullread?
Because it was information that contributed to my read on him?
but, null is not a read? You literally made no conclusion about what you think his alignment is. I'm asking why bother to post in that case, you're citing evidence for the sake of evidence without actually giving us something to work with in regards to your read on him.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 222, Sobolev Space wrote:GL's last few posts are atrocious.
:roll:

What about them is "atrocious"? Do you disagree with my points, or do you think I am scummy for making them?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

If I had seen that in past town games Frogger played substantially different than this game I would have scum read him. Since I didn't see that I decided his activity was NAI so far and just a style I wasn't used to. I recognize he acts this way as town and scum, that's why he's null.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

I think the points are bad. Still undecided if it's scum motivated. Will come back with some quotes.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Questions in , especially the last one, seemed pointless
In post 208, GuiltyLion wrote:the strong SS townread seems unnatural to come from scum - I don't think SS has done anything especially obvtown this game to force a TR, and I would expect scum to try to keep her mislynchable if she's town.
"I don't understand why TTTT is strongly TR-ing SS so he's probably town"
In post 213, GuiltyLion wrote:see I generally agree with this, but I don't think SS would be the townie that TTTT would do that with. She's been pretty low key and under the radar. There's no lynch to strongly direct away, and there's no massive SS presence that needs to be buddied/pocketed/townread.
How on earth would scum town reading some rando direct away a lynch? Who do you think scum would choose to fake TR instead of me?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@gl, do you think he even thinks it's scummy at this point? i mean, part of me gets his frustration about throwing shade (also, he called me not town and didn't vote me, so...) but
i agree, the comments would be better with clearer reads attached.

would town!ttt make that read on town!ss though? it just feels an arse-backwards way of looking at it? I mean, I'm town-reading ss anyway...
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 231, Sobolev Space wrote:Questions in , especially the last one, seemed pointless
Well I disagree, I saw you making a lazy meta comment and I wanted to dive into it more. Why did you think they were pointless?
In post 231, Sobolev Space wrote: "I don't understand why TTTT is strongly TR-ing SS so he's probably town"
It's not that I don't understand, it's that I didn't believe there was any scum motivation to it.
In post 231, Sobolev Space wrote: How on earth would scum town reading some rando direct away a lynch? Who do you think scum would choose to fake TR instead of me?
I mean you just saw how I did it with EccentricLemon in our Newbie Game, I recognized people were going to scumread her/push on her so I decided to townread her and it kept her alive to endgame.

If I were scum at the time of TTTT's I'd probably oddball TR someone like Fro99er or Eddie (assuming that they're town) instead.
In post 232, Bellaphant wrote:@gl, do you think he even thinks it's scummy at this point? i mean, part of me gets his frustration about throwing shade (also, he called me not town and didn't vote me, so...) but
i agree, the comments would be better with clearer reads attached.

would town!ttt make that read on town!ss though? it just feels an arse-backwards way of looking at it? I mean, I'm town-reading ss anyway...
The thing I didn't like was that I got the impression from Fro99er initially that he was calling it out as if it's scummy behavior, and I didn't think that logic held up. But he made it a point to clarify that he wasn't, so presumably he agrees.

on my TTTT townread, in a game where 6/8 players (FMPOV) are town, a strong example of an absence of scumminess is an indicator of towniness IMO. I just don't see a reason scum!TTTT would have taken that angle, and I even already said I don't expect everyone to agree with me on that. This whole conversation started because bork wanted me to explain why I had him in that top tier.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

explain '
If I were scum at the time of TTTT's 150 I'd probably oddball TR someone like Fro99er or Eddie (assuming that they're town) instead.' to me?

i have mixed feelings about the last past of your post. so it's mainly because they specifically tr ss over anyone else there?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 234, Bellaphant wrote:explain '
If I were scum at the time of TTTT's 150 I'd probably oddball TR someone like Fro99er or Eddie (assuming that they're town) instead.' to me?

i have mixed feelings about the last past of your post. so it's mainly because they specifically tr ss over anyone else there?
like, if I were scum in TTTT's shoes and also assuming that I knew Fro99er and Eddie were town (and SS too I guess), and bork asked me for reads, then I'd probably townread one of them instead. SS seems more mislynchable than Fro99er would be, and Eddie at that point seemed too mislynchable where you'd probably "look more town" and buddy him by townreading him. It's kinda hard for me to think about it or explain beyond that since I'm now making boatloads of assumptions and trying to think from a perspective that I don't really have.

The main point is just yeah, I don't think scum!TTTT would have so strongly TR'd a town!SS there, I don't see any scum benefit to it. It would be narrowing his lynchpool without appearing to achieve much towncred for it. Which is why I want to give him towncred for it.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think this post from another game might help explain it some too.

In that game Creature had said he thought scum was in a group of 4 people (although none of them were scum :P), which I townread him for at the time since I liked where his head was at and I didn't see any scum benefit to narrowing his lynchpool that quickly to those four players by page 2. Blackstar started pushing him on it, and I made the point in that post:

"What does scum!Creature gain from narrowing his scumpool to 4 people so quickly? If he has to change his mind on something later to get a mislynch, that just makes him look bad."

which is similar reasoning to what I'm thinking here, I just see absolutely no gain for scum!TTTT to make a strong townread on SS there. The only scum motivation I could see for that read is if they're paired together and he's trying to promote townreads on her and give himself a history of townreading her so that he can plausibly avoid voting her later in the game on D3. But it's more likely that TTTT is just town than it is he's scum with SS, ergo, I think he's town.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

I think I see where you're coming from GL, even if I think SS is townier than most people in the game, I was the only one who really professed that at that point in the game.

Usually at this point in D1 I kind of see battle lines being drawn and that isn't happening this game, possibly meaning that the majority of the conversation is coming from town.

I don't really know why I think that, but the cadence of this game does seem unusual
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Really liked Bella's catchup
Also strikes me as absolutely nothing like frogger described her town meta, so, uh, paging Frogger

I modded a newbie w/ Bella in it around a year and a half ago (town) and she seemed pretty darn assertive there (butting heads with Thor of all people); I don't think someone would become more timid over time as town.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Don't really want to lynch any of (SS, Bella, Eddie (who I have been warming up to in the last few pages), GL) atm
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

question of the day is does scum-lowell forget to even mention buddy scum-sbf in catchup post

I am thinking probably not and that they're not scum together
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 233, GuiltyLion wrote:If I were scum at the time of TTTT's 150 I'd probably oddball TR someone like Fro99er or Eddie (assuming that they're town) instead.
Actually wait, if you're calling this an 'oddball' TR that ostensibly scum would do why is SS [that you have described as an unconventional townread] any different
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 233, GuiltyLion wrote:I mean you just saw how I did it with EccentricLemon in our Newbie Game, I recognized people were going to scumread her/push on her so I decided to townread her and it kept her alive to endgame.
Ok yeah you're literally giving an example of you doing the thing as scum that you're townreading TTTT (at your highest tier) for doing

?
beefycheese
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 241, borkjerfkin wrote:question of the day is does scum-lowell forget to even mention buddy scum-sbf in catchup post

I am thinking probably not and that they're not scum together
I agree. sbf had next to 0 content, he was easy to forget, but a scum buddy wouldn't do that most likely because he'd be on the mind. both could independently be scum but most likely not together.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

GL is off my do-not-lynch list
beefycheese
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Okay GL is probably town. The GL I remember would be attacking me harder for my last few posts.

VOTE: Lowell
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

I think scum-GL would realize that town-you would be very hard to lynch right now; not that I think that makes him scum in and of itself.
beefycheese
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

yeah, i think ss is town so i don't see why it's an oddball read at all.

i'm also more :S about the fact that frog just saw me have a good town-game and is still saying the same stuff about my meta and using it as gospel. also, bork, my reads were terrible that game, poor scum'd imprinted hard on a towny and all i saw was associatives.

bork, talk to me about the eddie read?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »